• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,022 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,022

Ch 2

Passing out all the time couldn't be good for my health. I mean there had to be a problem with blood flow to and from my head. Maybe I had a condition. Wait crap. This wasn't the time to think about myself. Well at least not about how screwy my head is. I should be thinking about where in the world was I.

I tried to force my eye's open, but they wouldn't budge. Come on it was a matter of life and death. Okay maybe it was a lie, but eye's I promise this time there wont be any light to blind you. My eye's complied with my commands. At least when I opened my eye's this time they weren't blinded by light. Wait there wasn't any light. Where was the sun? Why the heck was it dark?

No wait, there was light, where was the source? I started to flop around, moving what parts of my body I could in order to investigate the light. With a each move a *creak*. Wait a *creak*. I was in a bed. Good that means that someone had helped me, and help is good thing. It means the world wasn't out to get me, for once. Wait, for once? What did I mean by that, it's probably nothing. I need to see who my rescuer was.

Wait how was I supposed to get out of this bed? Hmm... Well flopping had worked so far, might as well stick with what works. *creak* *creak* *creak*. Wait how was I supposed to catch myself? I should have thought ahead. Too late, my head rammed into the floor with a loud *thunk*.

"Son of a..."

Great, not only did my head hurt, but my back legs were still on the bed. This meant my rump was up in the air. This would be a terrible time for someone to walk in.

It was time to go before someone stumbled in on me. How was I supposed to get up? I'm not the most "coordinated" pony, but I must be able to walk. Now I need my leg's down here, and yes my rump too. My legs hit the ground with a *thud* and I was on my stomach. Now to stand up, just a little effort, put some strength in those legs, let them bend up, and I was on the floor. I stood tall and proud. Okay that was a lie, but at least I wasn't on the ground.

Now for the most difficult challenge as of yet, walking! Come on, it was just one foot in front of the other. Come on, lift, move. Lift, move. Ha! I had walking down to an art. Well maybe a crayon drawing comparatively, but art is art. Now to find that door.

***

Uh... How did ponies do this. I try to open the door with my hoof, with no success. I gave in to opening the door with my mouth. I had to practice using my hoof, I really don't want too know the how many different flavors doorknobs came in. Now outside this door. What is outside? Oh! it was a hall with...

More doors...

Great.

With fear I would become addicted to licking doorknobs, I left every door shut as I made my way down the hall. Hmm... The color of this hall was odd. It was just too... Pink!. Like that one pony.... Uhh... Pinkie! Wait, is she the one that saved me? It was possible, she seemed to be really concerned when I passed out. Now if I could find her I could... *thunk*

For all that is unholy in the void, that hurt! I had stubbed my left hoof on something as I took the turn around the corner. What did I hit?... A table! That explained it, the legs mortal enemy. Wait there was something flat on the table, was it a painting? As I went around to investigate I caught the reflection of the door on the other side of the room. Reflection? Was it a mirror? Must be because as I looked in to it, I locked eyes with a pony.

What I first noticed about me was my eye's. They were a deep emerald green, all attention seemed be directed at them, but this was mainly due to my coat. My coat was a light beige color completing my eye's perfectly. Around my neck there was something black and white. A tie? No, it was a scarf. Well it looked like I was a fashionista. The next thing I noticed was my mane, It was a beautiful reddish brown, a lot like the color of mahogany.

One thing that was unsettling about my hair was it seemed to be very chaotic, like bed head was a permanent thing. In the tangled mess of my hair something was protruding out. It was the same color as my fur but after touching it, I realize it was hard. Was this a horn? Was I a unicorn? Hmm... Wait there was more of my body to explore. When I looked at my back I realized I have a tail. It seemed to be the same color as my mane and equally as messy. Wait, there was something near my rump, something that was a dark emerald green.

I repositioned myself so I could see what it was. Probably not the brightest idea, because as soon as I started to comprehend what it was I wanted to faint. The green that I saw was a green fireball, with a black swirl inside of it.

I had no idea why, but this image was made me feel terrified. Why was it there? No! Stop looking at it, I'm not supposed to faint. I needed to look at something else.

What a surprise, this was also a bad idea, because I looked down at my metal leg. Well it was bound to happen. I should get it out of the way.

So a metal leg, hmm... Yup there was nothing unusual about that, well except, how did it move? It seemed to be like any other non metal leg. It had what looked like joints, and it bent at these joints, like a normal leg, but the leg was a solid piece of metal. How did it bend? It seemed to bend, like taffy. Also how did I control it. It just bent to my will, like any normal appendage. *sigh* Well I guess there was no way to know the answer just yet. Besides there were still those letters Pinkie had mentioned. Where were they. Hmm... Oh yes, there they are, on the bottom of my hoof. Hmm... It looked like she was right... J.R.R... What did that mean? Was it a code, a name, a place? While I contemplated what these letters meant, something strange happened. The letter's started to emit a green light, and I could hear a voice resonate in the deepest part of my mind.

"...Remember... You need to remember..."

"Remember? What do you mean? I don't have the foggiest clue of who I am! Do you know who I am? I wish I knew who I was, but it's just not that simple!"

"Hey who are you talking too?"

"Gah!!!" I screamed as I fell to the floor. A Pink pony stood over me.

"Pinkie... Is that you?"

"Of course it's me silly. Now get up I want you to meet my friends."

Author's Note:

Well after a few day's of writing here is the next chapter. Big thanks to MasterHunter55 for editing this. And big thanks to the few of you who take the time to read this story.