• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,022 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,022

Ch 17

As the human version of me sunk into what I assumed was the dark void, the illusion of the castle around us started to disappear. Slowly, but eventually the architecture around us had faded, and we stood where we had begun, in the white void.

Both Luna and I were speechless. We had just seen the specifics of how I had lost my memories, but there were still so many unanswered questions. What was I doing before I had lost my memories? What was my life like before? Why did that man hate me so much? Where did this arm come from from? How come I was now a horse?

These questions had brought my mind down a dark road. Every thing around me started dimming. It felt like there was something hanging over my head. All I could do was close my eye's and hang my head down.

I felt tiny, cold, pains of shock all over my body. I opened my eye's and looked up. There was a cloud hanging above me, and it was sprinkling. *sigh* I guess it really is just that bad.

"Jason, stop having sad thoughts." Luna demanded.

"And why should I?"

"Because we wont be able to stay in this dream if you keep things unstable, and also we don't like to see any of our little ponies in such a sad state."

"Like I care what you think!" I said, looking up at her, venom in my eye's.

"Jason, can you honestly tell us that you are like this all the time? That there is nothing in your entire existence that makes you happy?" Luna asked with compassion, despite the fact that I had just yelled at her.

Happiness. Was there really anything that made me happy? Maybe before this, but now I had no clue. Without any memory, I guess I do live a sad life.

The cloud above me started to increase it's downpour and I was soaked in no time.

"Jason there has to be something, a souvenir maybe, or even a pony, that made you happy!" Luna yelled, sounding distressed, yet her voice sounded distant.

Pony? I guess there was Pinkie.

The rain slowed down.

"Yes Jason, hold onto that memory!"

Pinkie had been there from the start of this. She nursed me, fed me, talked to me, helped me recover. Pinkie had always been there, although it hadn't been for long, being a friend. There had always seemed to be a little more to it though. I've seen the ways she talks to her friends. She talks to them with so much energy, but when she talks to me she seems, hesitant. Taking her time to talk to me. With her other friends she always seemed a little more carefree. With me she seemed, nervous.

Why would she feel nervous with me. Could there be more behind it?

"Ah so it was the pink one who makes you feel happy. I believe her name was Pinkie Pie?

I opened my eye's, the rain had stopped. I raised me head but stopped. In front of me stood Pinkie. I could feel my cheek's blush.

"P-P-P-Pinkie! What are you doing here?"

"She is not actually here." Luna said, walking through Pinkie, which caused her form to disappear.

"What do you mean, I could see her."

"Remember when I said think of a happy memory? What was that memory?"

"It was, uhh..."

"Pinkie Pie." Luna interjected.

"Uhh, yeah..." I hung my head down, blushing as I tried to avoid contact with Luna's eye's.

"Well this little mare is what you thought of. She is here as part of your dream, so she is not the real Pinkie Pie. I am curious, what is she to you?"

"Sh-Sh-She is a friend!" My face had gone up a few more degrees.

"A friend?" Luna asked.

"Yes! Just a friend!"

"Ah I see." I raised my head up towards Luna. A playful smile on her face.

"What exactly do you see?"

"Oh, through the many years I have lived. I have seen many of ponies in love!"

"Lo-Lo-Lo-Love!"

"Ah yes, We have seen it upon a hundred ponies faces. The look you give now. Those flushed cheeks, the way you stammer your word's. You love Pinkie don't you?"

The heat in my face had gone up tremendously. I bet you could boil a pot of water on my face at this point. I let my head fall down once again..

I know there had been times where I had experienced these emotions while around Pinkie, but was it truly love? Heck, I've even contemplated this before. There had been hours of mental debate, and there was always the same conclusion. I had feeling's for her.

"Uhh, Jason you might want to stop thinking about her, maybe just for a second!" Luna said from above me.

I opened my eye's again, and looked up. There were now hundreds of Pinkies. Some stood on what I could only assume as the ground in this void. While others floated through the air.

"Uhh..." Was my only reaction.

"Focus! We don't want any more to appear!"

"Umm, well, would it really be that bad?"

Luna looked at me. A look of both amusement and fury were in her eye's. "As pleasing as it is for you to admit your feelings. Please stop thinking about her!"

She could be pretty scary. I closed my eye's, and thought. "Okay, so stop thinking, stop thinking, stop thinking... Done!"

I reopened my eye's. Where there had been Pinkie before, there was nothing. *sigh*

"Very good. Now about what we just saw."

Wait, I thought she wanted me to stop thinking about Pinkie.

"We still have no clue who you are," Oh she meant that memory, thing. "but we are going to keep you under constant surveillance. In order to make sure you wont harm the kingdom."

"Naturally." I replied coolly.

"So we must say goodnight, and we wish you luck in your quest."

"Thank you."

"Oh yes, one more thing. Jason, don't be embarrassed to go after her." Luna said, as she smiled and winked at me. She then seemed to fade out of existence.

***

As soon as Luna left, I awoke. I found myself being tickled by some stray hairs that smelled like the air after a rain storm. I raised my head out of the mess of colors I had been using as a pillow, and took in my new bed. I was laying on Rainbow Dash's back.


"oh, Jason your awake." A soft voice said from my right.

I looked over and saw Fluttershy. "Oh hey Fluttershy..." I said sleepily.

"If you're awake than you can get off my back!" My bed said angrily, before she shook her body, which caused me to fall off her back.

"Well good morning to you too." I said as I pulled myself off the ground.

"I don't want hear it. You are freaking heavy! You need to lose a few pounds. Besides, do you know how hard it is to walk with something twice as heavy as yourself!?" Dash exclaimed.

"It's not like I'm fat! Besides 'Miss fastest flier in all of Equestria,' shouldn't you be able to carry heavy loads, or were you just letting out hot air?"

Rainbow Dash turned around, anger in her eye's from me questioning her ability. "Listen here bub! I am the fastest flier, and don't you forget it. My body is conditioned for flying! If I was carrying you in the air, I wouldn't be a problem, but we were in a hurry, and you were passed out. It would have been unsafe to carry you sleeping, while flying. That left me with walking, something I'm not necessarily used to."

"Sorry Dash, I guess I kind of just assumed."

"*sigh* It's okay, and I'm sorry for snapping at you." Dash said coyly.

"No, no, I'm sorry."

"No really, I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry!"

"I'm more sorry!"

"Will you two stop!" Fluttershy yelled, from behind me.

"Uh, sorry Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash and I said in unison.

"oh, umm, oh my gosh I'm so sorry."

Dash and I made eye contact. Then we both started to laugh. Fluttershy looked at us with a confused look. "oh my, did I do something wrong?' Fluttershy asked.

"No Fluttershy, every thing is just fine." I said as I wiped a tear away. "It's already late, so we should probably get back to Sugar Cube Corner."

"Yeah we wouldn't want to keep you away from Pinkie, now would we lover boy?" Rainbow said, while she nudged my side.

"No we woul... What did you say!?" I turned to Rainbow Dash immediately.

"You know what I said."

"B-B-But how did you find out?"

"You talk in your sleep." She said with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Really? Crap! What else did you hear?"

"Nothing, other than you practically confessing to Pinkie."

Crap! "Well I, uh, I, uh..."

"Don't worry. I'm sure me and Flutters here can keep your little secret,right?"

"yeah, you don't have anything to worry about."

"Really, you guys don't mind that I like Pinkie?"

"Well you're not the worse guy that she could have a relationship with." Dash said. “Other than her finding you on the road unconscious and you being a freeloader so far.”

“Thanks Dash...” I said glumly, “Hey wait! I helped deliver cupcakes today!”

“Hardly enough to constitute a night at Sugar Cube Corner.” Dash said.

I just sighed.

"Well I think you two would make a cute couple." Fluttershy interjected.

My face got hot. Were they trying to set us up? I thought friends were supposed to stop friends from making mistakes. Did this mean they were giving me there support? Would they be okay if I tried to become something more with Pinkie?

"So, when are you going to make the move?"

"Uhh..."

"I can't hear you!"

"Uhh, well..."

"Spit it out!"

"Tonight!" Wait, what did I just say?

The two ponies were silent.

"Well it works for me." A smile formed on Dash's face.

"Wait no, I didn't mean that!'

"Oh so your not going to tell her tonight?"

"No."

"Fine." Dash said a little disappointed. "Well I guess there is only one thing to do."

What did she mean?

"If your not going to tell Pinkie, I guess I will." Rainbow Dash was now flying down the street.

My legs started to move on their own. They tried there best to try and reach Rainbow Dash. "No wait, Dash stop!" It was no use my words did not make the mare falter one bit.

At my current speed I wasn't going to catch up with her. If only I had a spell that gave me a speed boost. Well there wasn't one that I could remember. I hung my head in shame, and immediately I felt my legs quicken. Right, there was this unexplained anomaly. Maybe I can catch up to her.

"Hey how are you keeping up with me?"

"No clue! Now can you please stop." I said, with my head still looking at the ground.

"And why should I?"

"Because, I'll tell her tonight." My voice faltered.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." My legs slowed down. I looked up to see Dash land on the ground.

"You know I wasn't actually going to tell her." Rainbow turned her head, revealing a mischievous smile.

"You're evil."

"And you two will make an awesome couple.” Dash said jokingly “So you are going to tell her right?"

"*sigh* Yeah I guess I will." A small smile spread across my lips.

"Ha, you two are ridiculous."

I gave a small uncertain chuckle. "Yeah... Hey what happened to Fluttershy?"

"Oh shoot! Hey I'll see you later!" Before I could respond Rainbow Dash flew off, back in the direction we had just come.

"Well I guess I'll see you later then." I turned my head back in the direction I suspected Sugar Cube Corner was, when I found myself staring at a pair of beautiful eye's. Pinkie was standing mere inches away from my nose.

"P-P-P-Pinkie!"

"Jason! I missed you! Now come on!" Pinkie said, grabbing my front leg, pulling me along with her.