• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,022 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,022

Ch 21

I kept up a good pace as I started along my route. There were two deliveries that needed to be completed, and at a glance of the addresses, they were pretty close to each other. While I made my way towards the first address my mind pondered over numerous situations. Where were the soldiers coming from? How would I find them? Would they treat me as a hindrance?

My mind raced over what was going to happen later that day, but it stopped when I passed by a familiar land mark. I turned my head to look at that awesome tree building from the previous day. Huh, the route I was taking seemed to be pretty similar to the previous day's. I guess it would be easy to find the address since there were so few houses.

I lifted the paper that contained the addresses off my back and read over the first address. "So the first address is to a miss Vinyl at..." I stopped both mid sentence and mid walk. I looked up in horror at the house I had to visit. How would Vinyl react to me being there? Does she still like me? Oh dear, how awkward would this be?

I took in a deep breath and mustered all my courage. I proceeded towards the front door of her house, and knocked. I heard shuffling from behind the door, and it slowly opened.

A non Vinyl pony stood in front of me. She had a light gray coat, a black mane, and a set of gorgeous dark violet eyes, as well as a pink bow-tie around her neck. "Can I help you?" She asked, her voice emanated with a rich demeanor.

"Ah yes, I was looking for Vinyl." I responded.

"And you would be?" She asked.

"My name is Jason, I work for Sugar Cube Corner, and I'm here with a delivery for Vinyl." I offered my right hoof to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Jason. My name is Octavia. I'm Vinyl's roommate." Octavia said, grabbing my hoof with much vigor. "As for Vinyl's whereabouts I must regret to inform you she is in bed, she was out late last night at a party."

"Yeah I know, she was at my party."

"Oh, so you're the colt she was talking about." Octavia backed up and started to look at me up and down. Particularly at my metal hoof, and the top of my head for some reason. "My she was..." A voice cut her off.

"Tavi who's at the door?" Vinyl questioned from behind Octavia.

"Will you excuse me just a minute?" Octavia asked. I nodded my head.

She smiled and closed the door. Not even a second after the door had shut, it was flung back open. Vinyl was standing behind the door, her hair disheveled, her glasses hanging loosely off her head, and her breathing was heavy. "Whatareyoudoinghere!?" Vinyl yelled.

"I'm sorry, I was just making a delivery." I calmly said. "And, I also wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened last night."

Vinyl looked surprised. She let out a sigh and moved her glasses over her eyes. "No listen I'm sorry, I should have realized you might have liked another pony."

"No Vinyl, you're not the one at fault here. There was no way you could have known I liked Pinkie."

"Still, I feel really bad about."

"Vinyl, you told Pinkie to come back and check on me. If you hadn't I may have never confessed my feelings to her." A smile flashed across her lips. "And because of that you have my complete and utter gratitude. If there is ever anything I could do for you, just ask.”

"Oh I'll let you know!" Vinyl said, a joking smile on her face.

"I bet you will. Oh and before I forget, here's your order." I made her order hover off my back and placed it in her outstretched hoof.

"Thanks bro!" She said.

"No Vinyl thank you." I said sincerely.

Her smile faltered as she closed the door.

***

I clutched the box Jason had delivered close to my chest as I slumped on the ground. Tears flowed from my eyes as I held it, thuds sounded off the cardboard as my tears fell on the box.

"Vinyl are you okay. He didn't hurt you did he? If he did Celestia help me!" Octavia said.

I opened my eye's and looked up at her. "No Tavi, I did this to myself. I always do this to myself. I always hurt myself trying to find that special colt. But where does it get me? I'm either here being rejected, or I'm being used. When does it end?" I asked her. The streams from my eyes were flowing faster.

Octavia sat herself next to me and placed a hoof on my shoulder. "Shh, shh, it's okay just let it out." She said comforting me.

I dropped the box, and wrapped myself around her and plunged my head into her fur.

She put her hoof against my head and started stroking it. "Vinyl, you are one of the strongest mares I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. And I know for sure you will find "him" one day. Heck I bet Jason would gladly help you find some nice fellow."

I slowed my sobbing down and responded to her. "You think so?" I asked quietly.

"He seemed like a nice enough colt to help you with anything. Now cheer up!" She said warmly.

I released myself from around her and removed my shades. I rubbed away the last of the tears and smiled at Tavi. "You're right, thanks Tavi, you're the best."

"I'm glad to hear, now let's go eat some breakfast."

"I'm starving!"

***

I almost knocked back on her door as I saw it shut, but I stopped myself. Me comforting her wouldn't help. She needed to do this without me. I turned away from the door as I heard a few quiet sniffles from the other side.

I needed to get this order done soon, and If I remembered correctly the next address was around the corner from Vinyl's. I turned the corner and noticed a sign "Carousel Boutique, walk-ins welcome!"

I pulled out the address sheet and checked to make sure it was the right address, it was. I walked up to the door and opened it. A chime of a bell sounded as I opened the door.

"Welcome to Carousel Bo-What is that on your head!?" A familiar white mare yelled.

I looked up and saw nothing. Then I remembered Rythian was still on my head. "Oh sorry about that Rarity, it's just my pet crocodile." I said sheepishly. I looked over to Rarity who had almost knocked over a few mannequins in her outburst.

Rarity looked unsure, but she walked towards me hesitantly. "I'm sorry about that, he just... took me off guard, as it were. Now what can I do for you Jason?" Rarity asked.

"I actually have an order for you."

"An order?"

"Yeah, I work at Sugar Cube Corner." I levitated the last order off my back and gave it to Rarity.

"Thank you so much!"

"It's no problem, really." I closed my eye's and chuckled. I opened them back up and I saw Rarity looking at my with mischievous smile. "Is something the matter?" I asked her.

"No, no, nothing. It's just, and excuse me for assuming a little too much, but you like Pinkie don't you?" Rarity asked.

I almost dropped Rythian off my head. She really had hit the nail on the head. How did she know? It's not like I blatantly said it out loud. "It's a little more than just that." I sheepishly said.

"Oh?"

"Well you see, We are technically dating."

"You're what!?" Rarity asked loudly.

I started to rub the back of my head. "Yeah, well you see, I kinda of confessed to Pinkie, and she kind of returned my feelings." Rarity stood there slacked jawed. I went up to her and tried to snap her out of it. I waved my hoof in front of her face a few times, but nothing. Finally giving up I closed her mouth so that no insects made their way in. I made my way to the exit and said, "Thank you for you business Rarity. See you when you finally snap out of it." I opened the door and stepped outside.

Within the second I had fully stepped outside, I was tackled, and I fell over sideways. The force seemed to be the equivalent of four grown stallions. I picked myself up and looked at what had tackled me. Three kids and a dog laid at my feet. Okay maybe I was a little off in my guess, but those kids probably had a lot of momentum. I rubbed the top of my head, trying to alleviate some stress, when I noticed Rythian was gone. I looked frantically, but stopped when I noticed him on Rarity's doorknob, his mouth holding on tight to the knob. I let out a sigh of relief and grabbed him, and placed him back on top of my head.

I looked back at my attackers, I realized I should get them up. I walked over to them and said, "Hey you kids all right?" All of them looked up at me, the dog was the first one to get up. It started barking at me and wagging it's tail. "Winona will you quit your barking!" An all to familiar voice yelled.

My head moved over to the sound of the voice and recognized Applejack. "Hey Applejack!" I chimed.

Applejack raced over to me. "Sweet mother of mercy, Jason I'm so sorry for what the girls did to you!" I was about to rebuttal, but stopped when Winona jumped up on me and started licking my face. I couldn't help but laugh at how much her tongue tickled. "Winona get off of him, and girls get up and apologize!"

Winona hesitated, but got off of me. I stopped laughing and looked down at six puppy dog eyes. "We're sorry mister." All three said at once. I couldn't figure out which was worse, the dog slobber, or the sweetness I was feeling in my chest.

"It's okay, really. I should have been looking where I was going." I said.

"No it's our fault!" The red haired one said.

"Yeah, you got to let us repay you!" The pink and purple haired one said. Or was it purple and pink.

"No really it's fine." I said

"No, we have to make it up to you!" The purple haired one said.

"Girls you don't have to anything. Just introduce yourselves." Applejack said.

"I'm Applebloom!" "I'm Sweetie Belle!" "And I'm Scootaloo!" Each girl said, naming themselves off. In unison they then said, "And we're,THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!"

Applejack had her ears covered, so she didn't experience the same pain I did. I rubbed my ears, trying to get the ringing to stop. I looked down and saw that the "crusaders" were trying to talk to me. I rubbed my ears again, and it stopped. "-and we'll do what ever it takes to get are marks. So what's your name?" Applebloom asked.


"My name is..." I was about to tell them my name when I heard something. I craned my neck and heard the distinct sounds of trumpets. "Applejack what time is it?" I asked.

"It's about noon." I broke into a full gallop. "Jason where are you going?" Applejack asked.

I craned my neck and looked at them. "I'm sorry but I have somewhere I have to be!" I moved my head back forward and looked at where I heard the trumpets. If that had been the soldiers I had better hurry.

Author's Note:

Please do note that when the symbols *** are used with a different character, it is meant to represent a change in view of main characters. Also notice that the only ones who receive this have been Jason, Twilight, and Vinyl. I'm sure the first two speak out in there own rights. But Vinyl should be considered a main character as well. I would say more but spoilers :twilightsmile:. And for those who haven't heard there is a tumblr for Jason. Go give it a check...I swear there isn't anything to inappropriate... Okay nothing to inappropiate!