• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 3,469 Views, 160 Comments

The Mane Six's Pokemon Journey - Cheesecake404

  • ...
13
 160
 3,469

Chapter 9: The Eternally Green Paradise Part 2

The Eternally Green Paradise Part 2

Zander dragged himself out of bed, he was still not use to getting up this early. “Looks like I'll need more time to get back in the saddle.” he made his way to the cafeteria, there he saw the girls.

“Good morning ladies,” Zander said in a low tone.

“Good morning Zander.” They chimed. Pinkie ran up and gave him a hug.

“You look down, is everything okay?”

“Yes, I'm just not used to getting up this early, that's all.”

“So, what's the plan for today?” Applejack asked.

“You guys can do whatever you want.”

“Like what?”

“Do you want me to hold your hand or something? I'm not your babysitter.”

“Actually you kind of are.” Twilight pointed out.

Zander opened his mouth to retort but closed it. “Yeah, you're right I am.” He stood there for a moment thinking of things they could do. Zander thought of some places that might work, “Okay, after breakfast I'll show you some places you might like.”

_________________________

The group stood outside a large brick building. Like the gym it had statues of Pokemon outside. Zander identified them as the legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Above the doorway was a sign that read in large red letters 'Trainer House'.

“What is this place?” Rainbow asked.

“It's the Trainer House, here trainers can battle one another in similar conditions to gym and league battles. I figured since you, Applejack and Twilight are taking the challenge you guys could use it's services.”

“Awesome, come on you guys let's go!” Rainbow ran into the building, Applejack followed at a slower pace, Twilight stayed outside.

“Twilight you're not going in?”

“Well the league challenge is more of a side project, right now I want to focus on studying humans and Pokemon.”

“Okay then, on to the next place, this one's for you Rarity.”

________________________

Zander lead the group a few blocks away from the Trainer House to a street lined with shops. The street was full of people carrying bag and boxes of varying sizes.

“What is this place?”

“This Rarity, is where all the high end clothing and accessory shops are, I thought you could get some inspiration, since you're a fashion designer.”

Rarity let out a high pitched squeal as she pulled Zander into a vise hug that could rival Pinkie's. “Thank you! This will definitely help my work when we go back home!”

“Rarity... can't... breath...”

“Oh, sorry.” She said as she released him.

“That's okay, just remember two things, first, you don't have a lot of money so don't buy anything, you need to focus on yourself and your Pokemon. Second, if you do buy something remember you have to carry it.”

“Understood, come on Fluttershy.” Rarity started dragging Fluttershy to one of the stores.

“Why do I have to come?”

“I'll need someone to model the clothes for me.”

“What if someone wants to make me into a professional, like last time?”

“Don't worry I'll protect you should anything happen.” With that the two were gone.

“Did I miss something?” Zander thought out loud.

“Long story and a massive headache for me.” Twilight said.

“You did Pinkie promise.” Pinkie said in a teasing tone.

“Okay, then,” Zander decided not to ask, “shall we move on?”

_______________________

This time Zander lead the two to the park, more specifically a children's playground.

“Oh my gosh! Is that a sandbox?”

“Yes it is, have fun.” Zander patted Pinkie on the the back and she ran off to play. “You know, I some how knew this would happen, and it still confuses me.”

“It's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.”

“So I've noticed.”

“Right, so what can we do?”

Zander thought for a moment, then looked to Twilight and smiled, “You said you wanted to know more about Pokemon and people right?” Twilight nodded. “Well,” Zander took her hand, “I know a secret spot here in the park where you can do just that,” he said as he lead her through the park.

__________________________

“I don't know about this Zander.”

“It's okay just follow my instructions and you'll do fine.”

“But I've never done this before.”

“Relax, the first time is always the hardest, but also the most exciting.”

“But what if I'm no good at it?”

“Hey, I know you'll be fantastic.”

Twilight took in a deep breath and let it out. “Okay, I'm ready. I challenge you to a battle!” Twilight said as she pointed to a kid in the 'Battle Square'.

The Battle Square was a place in the park where kids went to practice battling, it was made up mostly of crudely drawn battlefields, park benches, and a couple of vending machines. Even though the city had the Trainer House the square allowed trainers to be freer, like battles out in the field. Zander thought seeing and experiencing these type of battles would help Twilight understand people and Pokemon better.

“Challenge accepted! My name's Jack.”

“I'm Twilight.”

Jack was a typical youngster, he had shorts, a hat on backwards, and scraped knees.

“How many Pokemon?” Jack said.

“Two?”

“That's good for me!”

Zander watched as the two took their positions on a battlefield. Then something dawned on him. This kid could be tough, I hope I didn't throw Twilight to the Sharpedo.

“Go! Hoothoot!”

“Come on out Rattata! Ladies first.”

“Quite the gentlemen aren't you? Alright, Hoothoot use Peck!” Hoothoot hit Rattata with it's beak.

“Hang tough Rattata and use Focus Energy!” Rattata stood there looking at Hoothoot with great intensity.

“My turn, use Foresight!”

Why? Zander thought to himself.

“Now Rattata use Bite!”

“Dodge it!” Hoothoot tried to move out of the way but Rattata was too quick, it bit down hard on the flying type.

“Come on, use Peck again!” Hoothoot hit back with a flurry of pecks and soon Rattata fainted. “Yay! I did it!”

“Not bad but it ain’t over yet! Go! Elekid!”

Oh crap! She's in trouble now!

“What is that?” Twilight said as she looked it up in the pokedex. “Elekid the electric Pokemon, Elekid stores electricity in its body. If it touches metal and accidentally discharges all its built-up electricity, this Pokemon begins swinging its arms in circles to recharge itself.”

Electric, that's really not good. Okay, if I fight smart I cam win, I hope.

“Hoothoot take to the sky!”

“That's not going to help, Elekid use Thunder shock!” A bolt of electricity fired out of Elekid and hit Hoothoot in a weak spot. Twilight's Pokemon was knocked out, and was now down to her last Pokemon, Squirtle.

This is bad, no worse than bad! I can't win, my first battle and it's a loss! I can't do this! I can't do this!

“Twilight! Don't give up! You can do this, I know you can! Give it your all and you can't lose!” Zander said as if sensing her doubts.

He's right at the very least I have to try!

“Go! Squirtle!”

“That's it? Sorry to say but I'm gonna win. Elekid use Thunder Shock!”

“Dodge it!” Squirtle moved out of the way in the nick of time.

“What? Thunder Shock again!”

“Dodge it and keep dodging!”

Elekid fired bolt after bolt of electricity at Squirtle who dodged every attack. “Enough of this! Thunder Shock close range!” Elekid ran up on Squirte and tried a Thunder Shock, but nothing happened.

Twilight you lucky girl, Elekid ran out of power. Now you just have to finish this!

“Elekid what happened?”

“Squirtle Bubble attack lets go!” A flurry of bubbles hit Elekid at point blank range knocking it back a few steps. “Bubble again!” A second wave of bubbles hit Elekid knocking it back further. “One more time Bubble.” That did it Elekid collapsed and was unable to battle.

“No way.”

“Yes! We did it!”

“Squirtle squirt!”

Jack called back his Pokemon. “Good battle we should do it again sometime.” He said as he extended his hand.

“You bet!” Twilight said as she shook his hand. As Jack left to go the Pokemon Center, Twilight collapsed on a near by bench, the battle took a lot out of her. Something cold touched her cheek she looked to see a can of lemonade held by Zander.

“Huh?”

“I thought you could use a refreshment. Hope you like lemonade.”

“Yeah, I do thank you.”

The two sat in silence for a minute, until Zander spoke, “I'm proud of you, you did well out there for your first trainer battle, especially given type disadvantage.”

“Thanks, but if it wasn't for you encouragement I would have lost. I owe my victory to you.”

“And your Pokemon.”

“Oh, right and my Pokemon.” Twilight gave a little giggle.

“So, how was it?”

“You were right, it was exciting! Even more so than the time I got the new encyclopedia set for the library.”

Zander laughed, “You really are a bookworm aren't you?”

“Hey!”

“What? I think it's cute.”

“Oh um, thank you.”

“A yeah.” Zander got up and looked to the side trying to hide his blush. I just told her I think she's cute! Hopefully she won't read too much into it. The last thing I need is one of these girls falling for me. “We should go back to the Pokemon Center and get your Pokemon healed.”

“Aww, do we have to?” Twilight said with a puppy dog pout.

Ah, dammit she's doing it again, she's too cute for her own good.

“You have only one good Pokemon, so yes. There will be other battles trust me.”

“Okay.” Twilight said in a disappointed tone.

Before they could get moving, a kid who was crying passed by. Zander got beside him, “Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?”

“It's Bobby he took my lunch money.” The kid pointed to a husky boy in blue shorts and gray T-shirt with a Koffing skull and cross bones on it. Next to him was a red and yellow Pokemon with a flame on it's tail.

“What's that?” Twilight said.

“Magmar the spitfire Pokemon and the evolved form of Magby. Found near the mouth of a volcano. This fire-breather's body temperature is nearly 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit.”

“He went from loud mouth to bully ever since his Magby evolved in to Magmar.”

“I see,” Zander reached in to his wallet and took out a ten dollar bill, “here take this.”

“That's more than what I lost!”

“Keep the change.”

“But I can't.”

“Take it, you're not going to break me.”

“Thank you mister! I'll pay you back someday!”

“That was really nice of you.”

“Yeah, but I'm not done yet.”

“What do you mean?”

“I'm going to teach that kid a lesson!”

“Zander I don't...”

“Twilight, there is nothing you can say or do that will change my mind. Pokemon are not tools for personal gain!”

Twilight could feel the hostility in his voice. Looking at him, gone was his calm demeanor, replaced with a serious one. He had a look of cold anger on his face. It was clear to Twilight that this was a side of Zander she had never seen before, but despite that she wasn't scared of him.

____________________________

“Rarity do I have to?”

“Come on Fluttershy it's not that bad.”

“I'm just feeling self conscious right now.”

“I may not be an expert, but judging by the looks we've been getting from the guys around here we are considered attractive. You have nothing to worry about.”

“I... I just can't do it.”

“Fine put your clothes back on. I guess you're not ready for lingerie.”

The two girls exited the store 'the Midnight Jynx', and continued down the street.

“Why did you want lingerie anyway? Isn't that something you get for someone else to enjoy?”

“I didn't want it, I wanted to see what it looked like on us.”

“Sorry.”

“It's okay I... What is that!” Rarity ran over to a store window. There she saw a pair of white high heels.

“What is it?” Fluttershy asked when she caught up with her friend.

“Look! Those shoes are a perfect match for my outfit, much better than these.” Rarity looked down at the shoes Zander had bought for her. “Don't get me wrong they're good shoes, but sometimes a girl just wants to have pretty feet.”

“Um, Rarity?” Fluttershy said as she pointed to the price tag.

Rarity went wide eyed and her mouth dropped, “I'll never be able to afford these.” She said in a sad tone.

“Come on Rarity cheer up, I saw a cafe not not far from here, how about I treat you to lunch?” Rarity give a weak nod. Fluttershy lead her friend to the 'Bayleef Cafe', the cafe had a quaint look to it. There the two were seated outside and placed their orders, though Rarity was still sulking.

“Maybe you could ask Zander to get them for you.”

“I can't do that, he's already done so much for us, and besides he would probably say something along the lines of, 'they’re not practical for an adventurer,' or something like that.”

“I see.” Fluttershy said in a low tone.

“I'm sorry Fluttershy I shouldn't be sulking like this, let's just enjoy our day.”

Fluttershy smiled and nodded.

_________________________

Pinkie was having a grand old time playing with the local kids. They played tag, hide n' seek, and pretend Pokemon battles, she even taught them how to make an epic sand castle. She started to sing a song and dance. While doing her song and dance routine a boy ran in to her knocking them both down.

“Ouchies, Oh my gosh! Are you okay?”

“Yeah, miss I'm fine.”

“Why are you in such a hurry?”

“I wanna get home before Bobby finds out I have more money.”

“Who's Bobby?”

“He's a bully that hangs out at the Battle Square, he beat me in a battle and took my lunch money.”

“That's terrible!”

“But a nice man gave me some more so it's okay now. I have to go now see ya.”

Pinkie watched the kid disappear into the distance. She then turned to the children she was playing with, “Sorry, but I need to check something out.” She made her way to the place the kid came from, she didn't know what she was going to do but she would do something.

____________________________

“Ledyba, use Comet Punch!”

“Dodge it! Then use Ember!”

The bug type swooped in to attack Rainbow's Charmander, but missed. Charmander on the other hand landed a hit; firing off several fire embers, knocking out the Pokemon.

“Ledyba is unable to battle! Charmander wins!” Called out the referee, “The winner is Rainbow Dash!”

“Better luck next time Cal.” Rainbow said with a smug smile on her face.

“You wait next time I'll win!”

“Fat chance I'm training with an expert.”

“O' really, who?”

“Sorry, can't tell you.”

“Yeah, sure you can't.” Cal said in a sarcastic tone.

“Whatever I still won.” Rainbow exited the battlefield and walked over to a table Applejack was sitting at.

“Did ya have ta gloat like that?” Applejack said passing a bottle of water to Rainbow. “And ah don't think Zander would appreciate us goin' 'round and tell folks we know him.”

“First, I never said who was helping us; second, what's wrong with a little gloating?”

“It's not very becoming is all.”

“Anyway, how was your battle, did your Poochyena start listening to you?”

“Mah battle was fine, but no Poochyena did what it wanted out there, almost cost me the win.”

“I'm sure it will start listening soon.”

“Ah hope so.”

“So, what should we do now?”

“Well, ah heard that in the park there's a place were people battle all the time.”

“Then what are we waitin' for? Let's go!”

“Don't ya think we should tell Zander?”

“Why? He didn't say we had to stay here, in fact he said we could do whatever we wanted.”

“Guess you gotta point there.”

The two gathered their things and made their way to the park.

___________________________

“Hey! Bobby!”

“Yea, what do ya want?”

“A battle!”

“You sure about that?”

“Absolutely, but if I win you have to give back everything you took from these kids and never come back here again.”

“And when I win?”

Cocky little punk aren't you?

“You'll get this.” Zander held out a hundred dollar bill.

“I accept. One Pokemon each, I'll be using Magmar.”

“And I'll use this!” Zander took out a pokeball.

Twilight speculated which Pokemon Zander would use. Probably a water type, if memory serves correct it's a Squirtle or an evolved Squirtle. I can't wait to see it in action!

“Go! Victreebel!”

What? But why?

“Ha! Easy.”

“Didn't anyone ever tell you to never underestimate your opponent?”

“Who cares? Just make your move.”

“Alright, Sunny Day.”

“You must be an idiot, that makes my Pokemon stronger.”

“I know.”

“Huff, Magmar use Fire Punch!”

“Dodge it.” Like before with Rainbow Victreebel disappeared from view, and appeared behind Magmar. “Now, use Sludge Bomb.” Several chunks of purple sludge were fired at Magmar, hitting it.

“Why you, Faint Attack!” Magmar closed the distance between them and struck Victreebel. “Now follow up with Fire Punch!” this time Victreebel couldn't dodge, and took the attack.

“Use Leaf Blade.” Victreebel's vine glowed green as it slashed Magmar knocking it back. Better watch the physical attacks.

“Magmar Fire Punch again!”

“Dodge it, then use Razor Leaf.” As Magmar swung for Victreebel it jumped out of the way firing leaves as it went.

Time to delver the final blow! “Solar Beam!” The attack fired almost instantaneously and hit Magmar squarely in the chest, knocking it on its back and out cold.

“No, NO, NO! How is this possible?”

“So long at you treat Pokemon as tools you will never advance beyond this town.” Zander turned to Twilight, “Come on Twilight lets go.”

“This isn't over! I'll get my daddy to beat you up!”

As Zander and Twilight left Pinkie appeared out of no where.

“Oh my gosh that was so cool! You were so amazing, especially that whole 'so long at you treat Pokemon as tools you will never advance beyond this town' thing at the end!” Pinkie continued to ramble on about how she wanted to do something about the bully, and how cool she thought Zander was.

“Oh, look it's Rainbow and Applejack. Hi guys.” Pinkie said stopping her ramble for a minute.

“Hello girls on you way to the Battle Square?” Zander said calm as if nothing had happened.

“Yeah, gonna do some more training.” Rainbow said with eagerness.

“Well, I wouldn't go there right now if I were you.”

“Why's that?” Applejack asked.

“Pinkie would fill them in, please?”

Pinkie started from the top as they continued to the Pokemon Center.

“Ah don't see why that means we can't go back there.”

“Well, Applejack if Bobby's Dad is willing to fight his son's battles from him, he might figure out you're friends of mine and use that to get at me. It's a long shot I know, but I'm not taking that chance. It's for your safety as well as his.”

“So, are you worried?” Twilight asked.

“About what?”

“Bobby's Dad finding you.”

“No, the chances of him finding me much less beating me are slim.”

“If you say so. Mind if I ask one more thing?”

“Of course not.”

“Why did you use a grass type against a fire type?”

“To send a message, not just to Bobby but everyone there; I showed them what a Pokemon raised properly is capable of.”

At the Pokemon Center they saw Rarity and Fluttershy hanging out in the lobby.

“Hi girls, how was your day?” Zander asked.

“Oh fine, we did some window shopping, had lunch at a nice little cafe things like that.” Rarity explained.

Pinkie then jumped in, “You guys totally missed it!” She began again with Zander's exploits earlier that day.

“Well, sounds like he deserved it.” Rarity said with Fluttershy nodding in agreement.

“Yeah so, changing the subject, Rainbow, Applejack how was your training?”

“Awesome, my guys got a lot stronger.”

“Glad to hear it Rainbow, and you Applejack?”

“Ah reckon' ah did a good job today.”

The conversation was interrupted when Pinkie realized that Bobby was there in the center, along with a bald heavy set man wearing a leather jacket with an angry Gyradous on it.

“Zander look!”

Zander looked and saw them, they in turn saw him. You know I should have expected this.

“That's him daddy!”

The big guy walked up to Zander, “I hear you beat my son, then took all his money, I'm gonna make you pay for that.”

“Accutally your son was bullying the other kids in the park and stealing their money, I only put a stop to it.”

“You callin' my son a liar?”

Zander put his hand up to his chin and looked off like he was in deep thought, then looked back, “Yes.”

“That's it! You, me outside now!”

“Is that really-”

“I said outside!”

Why do I even bother trying to reason with roughnecks? It's like trying to reason with a bolder not to crush you.

“We're gonna have a three on three battle, I win, you give back the money you took from my son,” he then looked over to the girls, “and maybe I'll take one of them girls too.”

Zander manged to keep calm, threatening him was okay, but his friends is where he draws the line.

“Okay, but when I win you and your son have to leave me and my friends alone.”

“Alright, Come out! Rhyhorn!”

“Lets go! Ninetales!”

Rarity became captivated by the beauty of Zander's Pokemon. “What is that?” She said to her pokedex. “Ninetales the fox Pokemon and the evolved form of Vulpix. Some legends claim that each of its nine tails has its own unique type of special mystical power.” “I want one.”

“My kid said you weren’t that smart, but you did beat him so... use Horn Drill!” Rhyhorn charged Ninetales making contact, but nothing happened. “What gives, that should have knocked out your Pokemon.”

“Yeah, moves like that only work if the target is weaker or equivalent in strength to the user, it is not in this case. Ninetales finish it with Energy Ball.” A ball of green energy formed at Ninetales' mouth and was fired straight down into Rhyhorn's head knocking it out.

“Don't think I'm done yet! Go! Machoke! Use Seismic Toss!” The Machoe grabbed Ninetales and jumped into the air, then it threw Ninetales to the ground.

“Shake it off and use Secret Power.” Ninetales drew in energy from it's surroundings and hit Machoke with its tails.

“Now use Revenge!” Machoke punched Ninetales with great force sending it back a few feet.

Ninetales can easily take more, but he has one more Pokemon and my money says it's a poison type. So I think I'll undo everything he just did and take it out at the same time.

“Ninetales use Hypnosis.” Ninetales' eyes glowed and Machoke fell asleep.

“What? No!”

“Now follow up with Dream Eater.” Tendrils of energy extended from Ninetales and wrapped around Machoke draining its strength.

“You little sh-”

“HEY! None of that!”

“Machoke return. Go! Weezing!”

Called it!

“Okay, that's weird.” Rainbow said as she looked it up. “Weezing the poison gas Pokemon and the evolved form of Koffing. By diluting its toxic gases with a special process, the highest grade of perfume can be extracted. To Weezing, gases emitting from garbage are the ultimate feast.”

“Weezing Sludge attack.”

“Dodge it and use Confuse Ray.”

Weezing fired a glob of purple gunk at Ninetales which took a glancing blow, while it's eyes glowed again. Weezing started ramming itself in to the ground.

“Excellent now Fire Blast!” A star shaped plume of fire shot out of Ninetales, hitting Weezing with explosive force.

“Last resort, use Explosion!” Weezing exploded creating a cloud of dust. Once the dust settled, Weezing was seen laying on the ground, while Ninetales was still standing.

“That was really pointless. Even if you did beat Ninetales you still would have lost.”

“Yeah, you're right. Fair is fair you'll never see us again. Come on son lets go home.”

“But Dad.”

“No buts, a man honors his word.”

Once back inside Zander got his Ninetales treatment.

“Hey, Zander?”

“Yes, Twilight?”

“I was wondering, why did you battle that kid in the first place?”

“He reminded me of the people I fought in the past. First, it starts with bullying then he'll join a group like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, or Galactic. Pokemon are not tools of war, or personal gain! They are our friends, partners, and in some cases family. Those who do not understand that will never reach their dreams.”

“I never thought about it like that.”

“That's my fault, I forgot to tell you guys the most important thing about raising Pokemon. Pokemon need to be raised with love and care in order to bring out their full potential. Anything less and you'll fall by the wayside.”

“That sounds a little severe.”

“Hey, I've seen it before, twice in fact, first with Gary then Silver.”

“I find that hard to believe, Silver seemed really nice.”

“He was a different person a long time ago. But enough about that, tomorrow we will make our way to Pewter City!”

“Oh, do we have to? We just got here.”

“Sorry Rainbow, but that's the life a trainer, and besides the Viridan Forest will take days to go through if we're lucky. Speaking of which I should pick up some more supplies, just in case.”

“Um... mind if I come a long?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course not.”

On their way to the pokemart Fluttershy told Zander more about what Rarity and she did today.

“I see, maybe I can help with that.”

“You don't have to.”

“I know, but like I told Twilight I'll do whatever I can to make sure you guys have a good time on your journey.”

“Thank you.”

“There's something else isn't there?”

“Y-yes, it's something Rarity said earlier.”

“What was it?”

“Do you think I'm pretty?”

“Where is this coming from?”

“Rarity said that we're attractive, and I want you to tell me if that's true, if that's alright with you.”

Well I've just entered a minefield.

“Well, yes Fluttershy you and your friends are very attractive. If the circumstances were different I would even try dating one of you.”

“What do you mean? Is it because we're from another world?”

“That's part of it. You and your friends are the Elements of Harmony, the protectors of your world, and should one of you gain an emotional attachment to this world, well...”

“I see, but we could do that even with out you. This world has so many wonderful things in it.”

“Yeah, in hind sight a journey probably wasn't the best idea.”

“I understand, I just hope we're not a burden.”

Zander stopped Fluttershy, “You and the others are not a burden, if anything you're helping me rediscover the joy of traveling. You guys are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.” Zander smiled and Fluttershy returned it.

“Thank you, you know I was scared at first but not anymore, because I know you'll be here to help us along the way.”

“Happy to help. Now we should get going, before the store closes.”

____________________________

In the morning Zander was up early sitting on a couch sipping coffee, when Rarity and Fluttershy came in to the room.

“Honestly Fluttershy why did we have to get up this early?”

“You'll see.”

“Indeed you will,” Zander said nodding towards a box on a near by table, “I got that for you.”

“You didn't,” Rarity said to Fluttershy.

“She did, open it.”

Rarity walked up to the box and opened it. Inside was a pair of white high heeled shoes. Rarity let out a gasp, “I don't know what to say other then thank you!” She leaned in and hugged Zander.

“You're quite welcome. Just remember they're not traveling shoes so only wear them in towns or cities.”

“Of course.”

Half an hour later the others were up, and Zander checked them out of the Pokemon Center.

“So,where to now?” Twilight asked.

“Why to the Viridan Forest then Pewter City. The forest is actually a good place to train and get more Pokemon. In fact one of the Pokemon I have on me is from that forest.”

“Really, who?”

“I think it's more interesting to keep it a secret for now. Come now let's go!” Zander said as he ran off to the north. The girls giving chase.