• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 3,469 Views, 160 Comments

The Mane Six's Pokemon Journey - Cheesecake404

  • ...
13
 160
 3,469

Chapter 11: Natural Mazes and Pocket Monsters Part 2

Natural Mazes and Pocket Monsters Part 2

Where am I? Did it finally happen? I always thought it would involve a legendary Pokemon. Zander opened his eyes and saw he was in the tent. Huh? I guess I'm not dead. The first things he noticed were a weight on his chest and the sound of light sobbing. He looked down and saw it was Rainbow. Zander moved his hand to gently stroke her hair, this caused her to get up immediately. Zander sat up as well.

“Hell-” Zander was cut off when Rainbow hugged him, forcing both of them to the ground.

“You're okay! I'm so sorry! This was all my fault!” Rainbow said between sobs.

“Hey, this was an unfortunate accident.”

“But...” Rainbow started as she broke the hug.

“What's goin' on in there?” Applejack said as she opened the tent, “You're awake! Hey everyone, he's awake!”

The entrance to the tent was filled with the faces of the other girls and his three Pokemon. Raichu manged to squeeze by to curl up with its master, and Zander started petting it. “How long was I out?”

“Almost the whole day,” Twilight said, “we were worried you might never recover. How do you feel?”

As if those words where magic an intense pain ran through Zander, “Been better, been worse, too.” As the pain subsided Zander noticed he wasn't wearing his shirt, instead he had on rather well done bandages.

Applejack looked to Rainbow, “Did you apologize?”

“Sort of.”

Applejack glared at her.

“Hey! I was gonna tell him.”

“Tell me what?” Zander said genuinely confused.

“Well-”

“Hey, I said I would do it!” Rainbow snapped at Applejack. She turned back to Zander not looking him in the eye, “You see, when I was in that tree... I could see your camp, but I was still mad at you so I didn't want to go back. You got hurt because you had to save me. It's my fault all this happened.”

Zander sat there taking in what Rainbow said. Rainbow looked like she was on the verge of tears. Zander brought his hand to her cheek, “It's okay.”

“What? Just like that?”

“Just like that, we all make mistakes it important that we learn from them and move on. I yelled at you guys, and that set this whole thing in motion. It's really all my fault.”

Rainbow smiled, “Thank you, but it doesn't excuse my behavior.”

“Look, let's just put it behind us, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Now lets get a move on.” Zander tried to get up, only to have Applejack keep him down.

“Whoa there partner, you need to rest more.”

“But-”

“Lie down!”

“Yes mam.” Zander laid back down, Raichu curled up beside him. His other two Pokemon looked like they wanted in too. “Sorry guys but there's not enough room.” The two Pokemon just gave a nod of understanding and left.

“Now how 'bout something to eat? You must be starvin'.” Applejack said as she left the tent entrance.

The others left too except for Twilight, she came into the tent. “That was nice of you to forgive Rainbow so soon.”

“I meant what I said, it was my fault. What was she doing here anyway?”

“She spent the night watching over you.”

“Wow, really?”

“Yeah, she may not admit it but she likes you, we all do. She can't stand the thought of someone getting hurt because of her.”

“Well, next time I'll make sure it's all on me.” Zander said in a joking tone.

“You almost died and you're making jokes about it?”

“You forget, I didn't die and that's what counts.”

Twilight brought her hand to her face, “I don't get you. You almost get yourself killed, and you're okay with that? Did you ever stop to think about the things you'd leave behind if you did die?” Twilight lowered her hand, revealing that she was on verge of tears.

“Twilight,” Zander said softly as he took her hand, “the humor is only me trying to diffuse the tension. And yes, I have thought about what I'd leave behind, this isn't the first time I've nearly died. It may not look like it but I don't look for trouble it finds me. I don't know why, it just does. I'll try to be more careful from now on, after all someone has to look after you guys.” Zander said with a smile that Twilight returned.

“More like us looking after you, but I'm glad to hear that.”

Applejack walked in and saw the two still holding hands, “Well, looks like little Twi's gotta... what would you call it?”

Zander and Twilight saw what Applejack was referring to and they immediately let go of each others hand.

“Applejack!” Twilight yelled at her friend.

“Ha ha, don't worry ah'm only teasin'.” Applejack handed Zander a bowl of oatmeal.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

“Well, I'll let you get some rest. See you tomorrow.”

“Wait!” Twilight was gone, leaving Zander alone with his Raichu.

“Raichu.” Zander looked over to see his Raichu standing up and giving him a sly look.

“No.”

It kept looking at him the same way.

“NO.” He said with a little more force.

Raichu sat down and crossed its arms, giving Zander a pouting look.

“Pout all you want I am not dating one of those girls.”

“Chu.”

“I know you want what's best for me, but it wouldn't work out.”

Raichu gave Zander a stern look.

“I am not 'just saying that', besides you guys aren't the best match makers, remember 'Carmen'.”

Raichu looked down and scratched the back of its head.

“That's what I thought. Now I'm going to bed, and I don't want to hear about this again.” Zander turned over and let sleep take him.

____________________________

“Is he still okay?” Rainbow asked in a worried tone.

“He's fine Rainbow, stop beating yourself up about this.” Twilight trying to comfort her friend.

“Well, I for one am glad to hear it.” Rarity said as she brushed Ninetales' coat.

“I hope he makes a full recovery soon. I don't want to go on with out him protecting us.” Fluttershy added.

“Ah don't know about that.”

“Come on AJ,” Rainbow started, “we'd wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him, and you know it. I was wrong before, we do need him. If only to save us from ourselves.”

“Wow, Rainbow that was... unexpected.” Twilight said surprised.

“My, my is someone developing a crush?” Rarity said in a teasing tone.

“No, I don't do crushes.”

“He wouldn't be interested anyway.” Everyone turned their attention to Fluttershy, who tried to hide behind her hair.

“Darling, how do you know that?” Rarity asked.

“Um... well you see, the other day when we were out he said-”

“Oh, he told you he liked you didn't he! Congratulations!” Pinkie said with much joy in her voice.

“No, he didn't he's just-”

“Oh, is he gay? Because it's totally okay if he is. I know *oomph*”

Applejack covered Pinkie's mouth, “Ah think we should let her finish, alright? Please continue Fluttershy.”

“Right, so in not so many words he's not interested in us because we're the Elements of Harmony.”

“What, that's not good enough for him?” Rainbow shouted as she stood up.

“Jeez Rainbow talk about a one-eighty,” Twilight said as she tried to calm Rainbow, “Did he elaborate as to why?” She asked Fluttershy.

“Yes, he sees us as Equestria's protectors and he's worried of we get too attached to this world or the things in it we may not want to go back home.”

“Well, he doesn't know us that well, I'd never leave Equestria hinging.” Rainbow said proudly.

“Except for the time you did,” Twilight pointed out, the others began to laugh, causing Rainbow to blush. “And before you say it I know it wasn't your fault. But Zander is right to be cautious, could you imagine what might happen if Discord got out again and one of us wasn't there to help stop him?”

The girls mulled over what Twilight said. Pinkie was the first to speak, “It's kinda sad when you think about it.”

“What ya mean?” Applejack asked.

“Well first, he was alone, then he meets us and has to close his heart so we'll only be just his friends, and our stay here is only temporary. Once we're gone he'll be all alone again.”

“He's got friends Pinkie.” Twilight pointed out.

“Yeah, but I looked up Zander's past. It was mostly stuff related to his championship winnings, but he was all by himself, well except for his Pokemon.”

The group sat in silence, before Twilight spoke, “Well, what do think we should to help him? Find some people to travel with him when we leave?”

Pinkie smiled and ran up to Twilight, “Actually, I was thinking you could use some smarty sciencey magic stuff to let us come back here and hing out with Zander! Isn't it perfect?”

“Sorry, but I don't think that's possible. We got here by accident, and it's probably a one way trip back home.”

Pinkie sank to the ground and her hair lost its curl.

“Well... maybe I can try.” Twilight said trying to cheer up her friend. Pinkie got up and smiled, even her hair started to return to normal. “Now, I suggest we stop dwelling on things we can't control, instead we should just be Zander's friends nothing more, nothing less.” The others nodded in agreement. “Good, now less turn in for the night.”

________________________

Zander woke up and stretched. That turned out to be a mistake, as pain ran through his body. At least it's not as bad as yesterday. He looked around the tent and saw his bag, shirt, and jacket in the corner. He inspected his shirt, to his surprise there wasn't a hole. Rarity must have patched it up. I'll have to thank her for that. He put it and his jacket on and made his way to the tent's door.

“Raichu.” Znader looked to see his Raichu giving him a pleading look.

“No, I didn't change my mind.” Zander exited the tent. Raichu sat there a let out a sad, “Chu.”

Once outside, he saw Applejack and Rainbow having a practice battle, and Pinkie was playing with her Pokemon. While Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy were nowhere to be found.

“Hey, Pinkie.” Zander shouted to get her attention.

“Good morning, Zander.” Pinkie said as she picked up her Totodile, Zander notice that her Spinarak was on her shoulder. “Did ya need something?”

“I wanted to know where Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy are.”

“Oh! Well, when we were carrying you to this spot Fluttershy saw some berry plants on the way, so her and the others went to go pick some.”

“They left the group!” Zander said with much irritation in his voice.

“They figured it would be okay if they stayed together, and it's not that far from camp, too.”

“Alright then. Once they get back we'll pack up and move on.”

“Are you okay to go on already?”

“Am I a hundred percent? No, but I am good enough to walk.”

The two sat down to watch Rainbow and Applejack's battle. As they watched, Zander grew curious as to what happened after he passed out. He was going to ask Twilight yesterday, but she left before he could. He looked over to Pinkie, “Pinkie could you tell me what happened after I was stung?”

“Oh, yes. Lets see, Fluttershy bandaged your wound, and Twilight gave you an antidote, like you did with her.” She said poking him with her elbow and wiggling her eyebrows.

“Pinkie!”

“I'm only teasing, she was acutely okay with it.”

“Really?” Zander in disbelief.

“Yep, she knows it didn't mean anything. Anyways, after that we put you on your Pidgeot and lead you to this clearing, and you know the rest.”

“Thank you Pinkie I appre-”

“Hey, can you two keep it down? We're having a battle here.”

“Sorry Rainbow, please continue.” Zander said. With that out of the way he was now able to focus on the battle. Zander was eager to see if the two made any improvements.

“Charmander use Scratch!” Rainbow commanded.

“Dodge it Poochyena!” Applejack's Poochyena stood there and took the attack. It fainted soon after that.

“Looks like I win AJ.”

“Yeah.” Applejack said as she picked up her Poochyena and carried it over to Zander. “Mind helpin' me out?”

“Not at all. I just need my bag from the...” before Zander could finish Pinkie produced Zander's bag, “tent. Um, thank you Pinkie.”

“No problem!”

Zander sat Poochyena on a table and gave it a few sprays from a potion. When it regained consciousness it looked at Applejack angrily.

“Ah'm glad your okay.” Applejack reached for Poochyena, but it snapped at her.

“Hey! It's not her fault you lost. Next time try listening to her and you might win.” Zander scolded the Pokemon. Poochyena turned it's head and let out a huff.

“Fine, have it your way.” Zander turned to the girls, “We should start packing up, I would like to be ready to leave when the others come back.”

____________________________

Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity were in a small clearing with Oran berry trees in the center.

“This was a great idea Fluttershy.” Rarity said as put another berry in the groups basket.

“Thank you, but I think we have enough now. We should get back before Zander starts to worry about us.” Fluttershy said looking at the pile of berries they collected.

“Agreed.” Twilight added.

As the three got ready to leave two small Pokemon ran into the clearing, and under one of the Oran trees. Then a young boy in a straw hat came into the clearing as well.

“Did you see two Pokemon run through here?” The boy asked in an angry tone.

“Why are you looking for them?” Twilight asked.

“Well, I was just walking along looking for bugs, when all of a sudden I get shocked by them.”

“There must have been a reason for it.”

Fluttershy whispered into Twilight's ear, “I think I saw one of them with a foot pint on its tail.”

“You stepped on one? No wonder they attacked you.”

“That's beside the point.”

“That's exactly the point. You hurt one of them, intentional or not and they defended themselves.”

“You gonna tell me where they are or not.”

“Not.”

“Fine, I'll battle it out of you. Starting with you!” He pointed to Rarity.

“Very well.” Rarity said getting out one of her Pokemon.

“Are you sure Rarity?” Twilight asked.

“Yes. Come out Chikorita!”

“Go! Venonat!”

“Eek a bug!” Rarity instantly regretted her decision to battle.

“Ha, ha scared of bugs are we? Well, I'm not going to pull any punches, use Tackle!” Venonat hurled itself at Chikorita knocking it to the ground.

“Darling use Poison Powder!” A cloud of purple powder was released from Chikorita and made contact with Venonat doing nothing. “What?”

“Venonat's part poison type, it can't be poisoned. Now Tackle again!” Like before Venonat charged and hit Chikorita.

“Okay, use Razor Leaf.” Chikorita swung the leaf on its head, firing several leaves at Venonat doing some damage.

“No more mister nice guy, Confusion!” Venonat's eyes glowed and a wave of invisible energy hit Chikorita knocking it out.

“Oh, no!”

“Ha! Don't tell me you're out of Pokemon already.”

“Looks like I have to use this.” Rarity got out her second Pokemon. The ball opened to reveal Caterpie.

“I thought you didn't like bugs. No mater Venonat Confusion again.” This time the attack didn't make its mark. Caterpie intercepted with a String Shot to Venonat's eyes. Caterpie turned to its trainer with a happy look on its face. It was then Tackled by Venonat.

“Caterpie! Are you alright?” Caterpie got up and nodded. “Good now use Tackle and make it good!” Caterpie threw itself at Venonat. Venonat sager for a moment then collapsed.

“No Venonat!”

“I did it, I mean we did!”

The boy called back his Pokemon and turned around, “Guess I'll go now, couldn't battle those Pokemon now anyway.”

Once the boy was gone the Fluttershy walked over and knelt down next to the tree the Pokemon where hiding under. “It's okay you're safe now.” The two crawled out and gave Fluttershy warm smiles. “Oh, aren't you the cutest.”

Twilight used her pokedex to identify them. “Pikachu the mouse Pokemon and the evolved form of Pichu. This Pokemon has electricity-storing pouches on its cheeks. These appear to become electrically charged during the night while Pikachu sleeps. It occasionally discharges electricity when it is dozy after waking up.”

“Pachirisu the elesquirrel Pokemon, A pair may be seen rubbing their cheek pouches together in an effort to share stored electricity.”

“So, that's a Pikachu.” Twilight said as she knelt down with Fluttershy. The Pachirisu took its tail and showed them the imprint of the the boy's shoe.
“Here this should help.” Twilight took one of the Oran berries they collected and gave it to the Pokemon.

“You know if you would like you can come with us.” Fluttershy said with a pokeball in hand. Pachirisu jumped up and was about to open the ball when it looked to Pikachu, who had a worried look on its face. Pachirisu turned away from the girls and nuzzled Pikachu.

“Girls I think we have a couple here.” Rarity said, with a little sweetness in her voice, “He or she doesn't want to leave the one they love behind so they're willing to risk the danger of the world together. How romantic.”

Fluttershy and Twilight looked at each other, then back to the Pokemon. “I was going to ask you to come with me,” Twilight said to the Pikachu, “we're traveling together so you wouldn't be separated.”

The two Pokemon looked at each other and nodded. Fluttershy and Twilight got their pokeballs ready and they caught the Pokemon.

“What a happy ending.” Rarity swooned.

“Um, Rarity?” Fluttershy pointed to Rarity's Caterpie who looked a little woozy.

“Oh, of course. You did marvelous out there.” Rarity bent down to pet it as it shot string straight up. “Ah! What are you doing?”

“Rarity I think it's evolving.”

Once the the string stopped, a red cocoon sat in place of Caterpie. Rarity used her pokedex. “Metapod the cocoon Pokemon and the evolved form of Caterpie. Inside the shell, it is soft and weak as it prepares to evolve. It stays motionless in the shell.”

“The way Zander put it I thought it would grow into something better.”

“Oh! I get it!” Twilight proclaimed, “It's like a caterpillar, it will eventually turn into a butterfly.”

“You think so Twilight?”

“I don't see why not.”

“Alright then,” Rarity called back her Pokemon, “shall we return to camp?”

__________________________

At the camp Zander and the others finished packing up, when Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy showed up.

“About time you showed up, I was starting to get worried.” Zander said, as he put his bag on. “Now that you're back we can move on.”

The group walked for a few minutes when Zander spoke, “So, did anything eventful happen that took you so long?” He asked Twilight and the others that went with her.

“Fluttershy and I caught new Pokemon.” Twilight explained.

“Oh, what did you get?”

“Pikachu and Fluttershy got a Pachirisu.”

“Huh? I didn't know Pachirisu were native to this forest. Good Pokemon for you guys though.”

As they continued the trail they were on it disappeared into thick brush. “Be careful, we can't see where we put our feet, you don't want to step in a hole or trip on a root or something like that.” Zander warned, as Rarity tripped and fell over. “Of course.” Zander said as he rolled his eyes and went over to help Rarity up. As he did he heard a light cry. That's not Rarity is it?

Further investigation revealed Rarity had tripped not on a rock or a hole but a Pokemon. The Pokemon was small, only a foot tall. It had a white body and what looked like green hair, and red horns. A Ralts.

“Oh my, I'm so sorry little one.” Rarity said as she picked it up and held it gently. The Pokemon stopped crying and embraced the hug it was getting. “What are you doing all the way out here?” The Pokemon pointed to an old tree far off in the distance. “Is that your home?” It shook it's head.

“Look closer Rarity, it's another Beedrill hive. If it was this Pokemon's home it's gone now.” Zander pointed out.

“Their just everywhere aren't they?” Rarity said in an annoyed tone. Wait how could he tell that? She looked up and saw Zander with a pair of binoculars.

“Unfortunately,” Zander got down to the Ralts' level in Rarity's arms, “I know you don't have a home now, but if you want you can come with us. I'm sure Rarity would like to take care of you.”

The Pokemon looked up, and Rarity smiled, “Yes I would.” It smiled back and nodded in agreement. Zander then helped Rarity up and they continued on.

“By the way, you should check you pokedex to see what you have there.”

“Ralts the Feeling Pokemon, The horns on its head provide a strong power that enables it to sense people's emotions.” “I'll take good care of you.” Rarity said as she put her pokedex away.

“Finally!” Zander shouted, “We're out of the forest!”

In front of them was a new city that had a gray stony look to it. Zander went over to near by bolder and sat down.

“Let's rest here for a minute, then we'll head into the city.”

The others nodded and sat around him, knowing he was still a little tired from his injury.