• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 6,582 Views, 138 Comments

Red Clouds: The Strangers of Fate - Akatsuki God



Crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Naruto where the Akatsuki from Naruto are summoned to Equestria and save them from a war that Equestria would never have survived

  • ...
27
 138
 6,582

Chapter 6: Painful Memories

{Borderlands}

Music Link

On a long, old dirt road was a boy with dark eyes, long raven hair and a long black cloak that covered his body. He was accompanied by a female griffin and a very large number of other griffin and changeling troops marching behind them. The place was gray and lifeless, with almost no vegetation growing there. They were at the foot of a mountain and heading to a valley at the center of the borderlands which was almost as gray as the mountains around it and a light fog was situated on the valley floor.On the other side of the vast valley before them was a huge mountain range, like the one they were currently on, and on the other side of it was where Equestria was located.

"Sasuke, it's only a matter of time before we show those namby pamby pony losers who is boss! We, along with Queen Chrysalis and her changeling followers will take them down and bring upon the fall of Equestria!" The griffin said to the boy while wanting nothing more than to kill as many ponies as possible. Sasuke ignored her as he kept walking, receiving an annoyed glare from her. "Hay, are you even listening to me!? I'm talking to you!" she then said now angry at him.

Sasuke started talking but wasn't phased by her temper and kept his eyes on the road. "What do you want with these pathetic ponies? They have never done anything to you except a small group of them who set off a few pranks, am I correct?" he said flatly making her blood boil.

"Shut up! That was the worst day of my life! Rainbow Dash, who I thought was cool, turned out to be just another lame pony just like the rest of them!" she screamed, causing Sasuke to turn to her with a very displeased look on his face.

"That was your worst day? If that's all you have against them then you wouldn't even come close to understanding what I went through!" he exclaimed to Gilda with a cold glare directed toward her. "Your worst day was nothing! My entire clan was all killed! My mother, father, aunts, uncles, and cousins. All taken away from me in one night by my own brother! How can you say that you hate these ponies for something as petty as a few pranks when I was forced to go through all that!?" he then yelled increasing the intensity of his glare as his eyes turned into a blood red color with three black comma shapes surrounding each pupil. "Well? Answer me!" he then unsheathed a long and narrow sword and was now poking her neck with the tip of it, causing her to come to a sudden stop, not replying to him as she stared in surprise and was now scared at what may happen in the next few seconds. At that moment, her pupils shrunk to the size of pin heads as sweat started to run down the side of her forehead.

Several seconds passed after pulling out his sword when numerous griffins noticed what Sasuke was threatening to do and they had drawn their weapons and surrounded him. Gilda just stared at Sasuke a grimmest at the current situation until a few more seconds passed when Sasuke put his sword back into its sheathe, turned around, and stared walking down the road again, passing up some of the surrounding troops who had been frozen in fear after looking into his eyes that were now blood red. He continued to walk for a few seconds before stopping again and asking them, along with Gilda, who was also stunned from fear. "Let's go. We've wasted enough time here as it is. I want to get this over with as soon as possible so you could send me back." he then said, a memory from what he called 'that night' flashed before him. A man in a light metal chest plate, black pants, and a head band with a leaf symbol, his brother, standing over the corpses of their mother and father in a fairly dark room. He was staring right at Sasuke with the same red eyes that Sasuke had glared at Gilda with. "Then I will have my vengeance on him."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
{Canterlot}
Music Link

It was a beautiful and prosperous night in the Equestrian capital, Canterlot. The stars twinkling in the sky, along with princess Luna's moon, which had outshined all the stars in the sky. The shadow a man appeared amongst the stillness of one of the back roads and was approaching the castle. It was Itachi and he was alone, in a city that the Akatsuki members were wanted, and he knew it. He was sent to this place to find out what the ponies had wanted with them, as well as how to get back to their own world. Kisame was also assigned the mission but said he had other things that needed his attention involving Tobi so he hadn't came with his assigned partner to the pony capital. Itachi was walking as he normally does, steady and cautiously, examining every crack and corner.

Little did he know, he had already been discovered by Luna, who had been stalking him from behind, "It's one of those creatures from the summoning. I don't believe it. He's..... a human!" she thought to herself as she flew closely behind him. "But why is he here? And why is he heading to the castle?" she asked herself as she noticed him stop dead in his tracks. She was hidden behind a few crates at that moment and not making even the slightest movement or sound. "Why did he stop?" she then asked herself in a low whisper to where even she could barley hear it.

"How long do you plan on following me?" Itachi asked, not receiving a single reply. "Please, come out from behind those crates, I know you're there, and I will not hurt you." he then said calmly as if nothing was happening. Luna sat still, in shock and asked herself how he knew she was there, she was still unwilling to respond and now sweating, unsure of what she would do. she then felt a hand come into contact with her right shoulder. "I merely wish to speak with you." Itachi said to her, catching her by surprise as she turned to him slowly, seeing that the man was now right next to her.

"What the! How did you..." she said to him in a surprised tone while turning to where he was and saw that he was still there, but also right next to her at the same time. Then the one she was previously following had turned into ravens and flew away in several directions.

As she looked back to the real man she noticed his red eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness of the ally. After that point she couldn't move, and everying around them vanished into a red mist, even the ground wasn't there any more, and the only thing that was there was herself along with the man she was following. "Who is thou, and what does thou wish to speakist to us about?"

Itachi's eyes narrowed, then went back to their previous position as he spoke. "I am Itachi Uchiha of the Akatsuki. We believe that one of you had summoned us to this world, but we need to know what you plan to do with us and your reason for this course of action from you ponies.

Luna tried her hardest to move, but couldn't, no matter what the extent of her efforts were, she could not break free from what ever he had done to her. The then stopped squirming, lowered her head, lifted it back up with her eyes closed, then opened them, they were glowing white as she was attempting to counter this by visiting his subconscious to see if he was playing her or not, either way, she wanted the upper hand in the matter so he couldn't try anything on her.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
{???}
Music Link

Luna opened her eyes, and found herself laying in shallow water in a dark room that she had never been in. The room had only one door way, which lead to a very long, and ominous looking, hallway. The place was also in a state of dead silence, the only thing that could be heard was water as she lifted herself off the ground. She began to walk out of the room, into the hall slowly, hesitating to explore this strange place, she had found herself in, only moments ago. As she walked, light splashing sounds came from her hooves for every step she had taken and small ripples in the water could be seen spreading out from where her hooves would meet the water. A few minutes had passed since she found herself here and the whole time, she had proceeded with caution, examining every crack and shadow in the dark hallway.

A few more minutes later, she had kept up her slow and steady walk down the hall when eventually, she came across a glowing red orb, she stopped, blinked, and even rubbed her eyes to make sure she was seeing correctly, but after all of this, the floating object was still there. She walked closer to the strange manifestation and noticed that there was an intersection in the hallway. when she come to about 6 meters of the orb, it started to move away from her, then stopped in the center of the intersection. She was then startled by the sudden movement, and took a few steps back until she saw it stop. She then took a deep breath then started forward towards the orb again. When she came close to the intersection, the orb had moved to the hallway leading to the left, as if it were trying to lead guide her. She then saw this and fallowed it, she narrowed an eye as she began to follow the orb down the left hallway, when she rounded the corner the orb sat still once more and then shot off into the darkness of the hallway.

"Wait!" she pleaded to the manifestation, but to no avail. At this she spread her wings and flew after the orb, wanting to find out what it may be trying to tell her. several minutes had passed as she chased the orb down the hallway, taking several turns as her frustration began to grow. Finally, the orb had stopped, and Luna had landed right next to it, walking up to it slowly, not knowing what to expect. When she had come close enough, the orb had dispersed into smaller orbs and all shot into the walls that surrounded her. She looked at her surroundings to find herself in a large circular room, the walls lined with columns, and between each column, except for where she had entered the room, was where the smaller orbs had shot into. Luna was disheartened at the sight of nothing happening after that.

She then noticed the areas that the orbs had vanished into, began to glow, each one glowed a different color. Images began to emerge from the spots between the columns. All of them were still. Luna didn't know what to do up to this point. She examined each picture. One of them was one of the human she had been following that had claimed his name was Itachi Uchiha up until the moment she had found herself in this place. Another was of a man who appeared to be older than Itachi, with black, short hair, an ex shaped scar on his chin, and bandages covering his forehead and right eye. He was wearing a white, long sleeved shirt and a black cast holding his right arm. He was also holding a wooden cane on his left hand and had two men in matching dark outfits, one on each side of him. Yet another one with a man with an uneasy expression on his face, blood red eyes, and short, black hair. And the last one being of a boy, who looked similar to Itachi but was smaller and younger than him, he was in a dark room with a hopeless look on his face and was crying with his eyes open and his head up.

End of music

After seeing these images, Luna was unsure of what she was seeing and turned back to the first one and tried using her magic on it. She then saw a beam come out of her horn and enter the image leaving the picture to move as if it were liquid, but was still on the wall. She then walked toward the picture and walked into it. She had found herself in a small room with the man from before. He was looking at himself in a mirror. "Itachi, dear, it's time for supper." called a feminine voice from outside the room.

"I'm coming mother!" Itachi said while turning toward the door where the voice came from. He then turned back to the mirror, sighed, then looked down to a cloth with a symbol on a metal part attached to the cloth, that Luna couldn't make out. He stared at the metal a grimmest, then put it down on a desk, next to the mirror he had been looking into, then walked to the door, opened it, left, and closed it. Luna had followed suit to find him kneeled at a very low table with three other humans, one of them being that same boy from two of the other images, and the other two which she had assumed were his mother and father. The four of them were eating their food that had been on the table. The young boy, Itachi's brother, along with their mother were both smiling as they dined. Luna saw Itachi eating his food and she could tell that he was forcing a smile.

After about half an hour they finished eating and the younger brother spoke. "Hay Itachi?" he called, catching his older brother's attention.

"What is it, Sasuke?" he then asked his little brother.

Sasuke smiled and asked, "Do you think you could help me with my shurrican jutsu now?"

Itachi closed his eyes and thought, then opened them and motioned, with his hand for him to come closer. When Sasuke had come closer to his older brother, he was lightly gabbed in the forehead by his index and middle fingers. Sasuke flinched from this and rubbed it after that. "I'm sorry, Sasuke. Maybe next time, okay?" Itachi told his younger brother. After that, Luna found herself in the center of the round room once again. She had realized that these were his memories.

She then looked at the second, wondering what this next memory my hold what experiences Itachi has want though. She was going to use figure out what kind of person Itachi was. She looked into the next image and cast the spell to go into the next memory.

When Luna walked into the image, she saw Itachi kneeling. He had his head facing toward the floor and he was wearing metal armor covoring his chest and arms. His hair drooped downword as he held his head down and was holding himself up with his left arm, his left hand in a fist was the only part of his arm in contact with the ground. "You....wished to see me......Lord Danzo?" He asked.

The man before him was the same man as was an the image she had just walked into. His only visible was closed, but he had opened his eye to what appeared to be a sqint and he was now staring at Itachi. "Yes Itachi, due to the fact that you yourself are from the Uchiha clan, that makes you our greatest, and posibly our only link to the Uchiha." The elder said, going straight to the point. Itachi remained silent as he continued. "You know what they are planning, don't you?" he then asked.

"Yes, Lord Danzo. I know." Itachi replied while keeping his composure infront of his superior.

"Well, if their plans continue, then the village will enter a state of civil war. Thus, causing our strangth to dramatically decrease due to the fighting that will take place within our walls." Danzo then explained to Itachi. "Sooner or later, our neighboring nations will take notice of our rapidly declining military stangth. Most of them would probably take advantage of our crisis and attack our village. This would, in turn, be the end of the Leaf."

Danzo blinked and the gaurd on the right of him came forword and whispered in his ear. Danzo was looking in the direction of his subordinate that was whispering to him, but did not turn his head. When the guard finished and went back to his origional position, Danzo refocussed his attention towards Itachi. "I must go now." he said to his kneeling subordinate as he stood up from his chair. "But, you will ensure the peace and even the survival of the Hidden Lead Village, Itachi."

Itachi was still kneeling with his head down as he responded to Danzo's previous statement. "Yes, Lord Danzo. I will do what must be done..." he told his lord and recieved a nod of saticfaction from him as he lft the room with his two guards close behind. Itachi stood up after Danzo left and he stood there by himself as he stared out the door that the three men walked through.

For a second time, Luna had appeared in the circular room with the images. She was unsure of what to think of that last memory, however, that only made her want to see the other three memories even more. She stared at the next picture in anticipation as her horn began to glow again, all the while she had a bad feeling.

Luna's surroundings, as she saw it, had shifted once again into the area in which the next memory took place. She was now outside, in the middle of the night and a full moon was shining in the sky above some of the surrounding roof tops. She looked around and eventually noticed two men that were staring at each other down in a ditch a below her. It was Itachi and the man depicted on the memory. Luna stared at the two anxiously as a drop of sweat trickled down from her forehead to the bottom of her neck before falling to the ground.

Eventually the man who was unknown to Luna broke the silence. "Itachi, my dear friend....You and I both know what you must do." he then said to Itachi, his eyes were dark at first. He closed then opened his eyes slowly, revealing the red eyes as seen in the image. After a moment, however, the pattern on it shifted into what looked like a star with four points that were slightly bent, all four in the direction in relation to the pupal which was a black dot surrounded by a narrow red circle. Itachi remained silent as he spoke again. "You must kill me, Itachi, and obtain the power of the Mongekyo Sharringan." he demanded, catching Luna by surprise as she continued to watch in shock and worry. He then tossed a small, black, and sharp object that was held on one end, like a knife. Itachi cought it with easy but then looked down at it. His face was as blank and calm as when Luna had been discovered by him. He looked up at the other man before him and began to slowly pace himself toward him. After only a couple of steps tears began to run down his cheeks, and was the only indication of his emotions, as his facial expression was still blank. Eventually Itachi came very close to the other man, as Luna heard the sound of the blade come into contact with his flesh and quickly looked away, forced her eyes shut, and began to cry herself, now fully realizing the situation in this memory. After a few seconds, the man coughed up blood as it began to run down his chin from his mouth. He had been stabbed in the chest, just missing the heart but still mortally wounding him. He began to collapse to the ground but Itachi cought him and gently placed him on his back. Itachi was holding the right hand of his friend that he had killed. He was breathing heavily as he spoke. "Farewell,,,,,,,,Itachi Uchiha....., my dear friend........Please....take my eye........and.... use it.....if need be...." Itachi stared at him, still firmlly gripping his hand. "And.....please.....take care of yourself....." his final words sounded as his breathing and movement slowed to a stop.

Itachi watched his friend die before his eyes as he listened to his final words. "Farewell...Shisui." he then replied after a long pause as he placed his hand over his friend's still open eyes. "I will always treasure the bond we had." he finished, moving his hand down his dead companions face, closing his eyes.

The third memory ended there and Luna was standing, then collapsed, in shock from what she had just witnessed. "His life has been too hard on this poor soul." Luna thought to herself, still sheding tears from the experiance. Moments later, she rubbed the water from her eyes as she stood and faced the next image, already knowing it wasn't going to be easy to watch such memories. She took a deep breath then her horn was glowing once again as she walked into the image.

Yet again, Luna found herself outside in the stillness of night, but this time, she was in the air, and above a few houses. She saw Itachi, and he was standing still and staring at a man who had just walked up to him rather upset, as he appeared to Luna. The man started to attract attention to them when suddenly, Itachi had pulled out a small blade and slit the other man's throught before he even had time to react. Luna gasped in horror, widening her eyes as she had seen this happen before her. Some of the people that had stood in disbeliefe at what Itachi had just done. Some ran off, scattering in several directions seeking help from the rest of their clan. The rest had confronted Itachi imediatally , only to be cut down by him just as quickly as the first man. The sound of the men screaming in pain as they collapsed to the ground and squirming. Itachi only stared at the men who were on the ground in pain then finished them by throwing a kunii knife in their chests.

Luna watched in terror as she witnessed this man take them out like they were nothing, and for seemingly no reason. "Why is he doing this!?" she asked herself. "What had these people done to him?" she continued. "Wait, was this what they were talking about in that dark room? Is this what they ment by 'what must be done'?" she finished, remembering the second memory she had visited. At that point, she saw several more people come from the surrounding houses and charging Itachi. After watching a battle between hundereds against Itachi. She stared at the site in shock. the whole site was covered in corpses, blood, and shurrikin and kunii knives that were either stuck in the walls of the buildings, the ground, or just unused and laying on the ground. There were even pieces of shurrikin, kunii knives or other weapons that had been broken off and scattered about, also littering the area. Itachi was the only one still standing, and to her surprise, he hadn't even gotten a single scratch on him. He was, at the time, on a tall wooden pole, and watching someone running down the street. Luna couldn't make out who it was, but later recognised him as the younger brother of Itachi, Sasuke.

Sasuke ran down the road leading to his house, he was late but he noticed that the lights were not on in the surrounding houses. "That's odd." he said to himself, slowing to a slow walk. "It isn't late enough for every one to be in already." he finished while looking up to a tall pole that a man had been sitting on top of, only to notice that no one was their. "That's strange, Icould have sworn that some one was up there." he said rounding a corner. What he saw stunned him and instantly put him into a state of confusion mixed with shock. He had discovered the site of a sloughter. Every victem being a dead clan member. "What? How could this happen!?" he questioned as he ran straight to his house and walked into a dark room to see his parents both on the floor motionless. Itachi was standing over them, and Luna recognised this as being what was on the image. "Mother! Father!" Sasuke yelled, already begining to cry heavily. "Itachi, who did this? And why would they do this?" he said to his brother in fear as Itachi had thrown a shurrikin at Sasuke, and purposly missing, but leaving a scratch on his brother's cheek, causing him to instantly silence himself as Itachi just stared him down. "What?..You did this? But why?" he asked him.

Itachi stared at Sasuke with his red eyes and replied. "To test my abilities."

"Really? You did all this...just to test your abilities? YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" Sasuke finished, yelling at the top of his lungs as he charged Itachi. When he got close enough, however, Itachi punched him hard in the gut and he fell to the ground, then slowly got back up and looked into his older brother's blood red eyes. Moments later, Luna had noticed that Itachi was using the same thing on Sasuke as he did on her before she had gone into his mind. Everything, to Sasuke was turning red, but this time, instead of Itachi just talking to him, he showed him the masicure of their clan. After only afew seconds in reality, however, Sasuke was now breathing and sweating heavily as he slowly backed away from Itachi, who was still staring at him.


"No...no...I don't wanna die!" Sasuke then yelled while running out of the room with tears flying off of his face to run into Itachi again. He stubled to the ground, now on his knees, from seeing Itachi once again in front of him.

"Foolish little brother, as you are, you can't win. But I will not kill you because you are not even worth killing. If you wish to one day defeat me, then you must foster your hatred towords me, despise me." he told his brother while his eyes began to to shift, connecting the commas with the pupal. "This is the Mongekyo Sharringan. One day, when you have eyes like mine, find me, seek revenge for our clan. But to unlock the power of the Mongekyo, you muct sever the bond with you best friend. Kill him." Itachi finished.

Sasuke lowered his head and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes, they were as red as Itachi's, but there was only on comma shape in each eye, in a vague circle surrounding the pupal. He charged him again, throwing a few shurrikan in his direction. Itachi easily evaded the incoming projectiles as he fled, leeping over the roof tops with Sasuke close in persute. Eventually Itachi landed on a roof top and jumped back, kicking his brother in mid air, causing his head band to come loose and fall to the ground along with Sasuke. When he reached the ground, he was now on his side, in a daze, but still was focusing his gaze upon his older brother, a grimmist. Itachi had landed on his feet and retreived his head band. He grabbed the head band and put it back on with the metal facing to the side, but after he did so, Luna saw Itachi stare back at his brother, also a grimmist as a trail tears began to flow out of his eyes and down his cheeks.

After that the memory was finished and Luna was no not in the circle room again, as she had anticipated, but in the dark ally where Itachi had discovered her. Itachi was standing next to her as he stared at her in disbelief. His mouth was slightly a gape as the two stared at each other in dead silence. The only sound then was of the wind.

Author's Note:

Well I finally got this chapter out, and im sorry it took so long but it was pretty hard for me to think about what was up in this chapter, and school has kept me busy, with practicing for the end of corse exams, but here you go, hope you enjoyed it, and please, leave a coment if you like what is happening so far, it could be a suggestion about what you think should happen in future chapters, or it could just be you telling me about what you think about the chapter or story, either way i would really like that and it would encourage me to write even more.