• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 6,581 Views, 138 Comments

Red Clouds: The Strangers of Fate - Akatsuki God



Crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Naruto where the Akatsuki from Naruto are summoned to Equestria and save them from a war that Equestria would never have survived

  • ...
27
 138
 6,581

Chapter 7: Getting Aquanted

{Near Canterlot}
Music Link

Pain was sitting on the edge of a cliff in front of a cave and was staring at the city of Canterlot, some distance away. A cool morning breeze was blowing lightly on his cloak. It had been a few days since Itachi went to the pony capital. Pain had expexted Itachi to be back by now, but he was still gone. Daidara, Sasori, Hidan, and Kakuzu had walked up to Pain from behind. Pain spoke, still staring at the pony capital. "Daidara, Sasori." he said, the two being completely silent while Hidan and Kakuzu watched and waited. "As you know, Itachi was sent to that location." he continued.

Deidara looked to where Pain was staring and smerked. "So it seems, our man, Itachi was captured by those talking horses. Hmm." he said closing his eyes as his smerk grew. "What a shame, to think that he would get cought, well, I'm surprised that such talent from the Uchiha would get cought. Hmm." he finished.

Sasori briefly gave a cold glare to Deidara then turned his attention back towards Pain. "What do you want us to do?" he asked but already had an idea of what he was about to say.

"He was told to let himself be captured if necissary, but it has been a few days. I want you two to go find him, and take him back here. But do not kill any of the inhabitents of the town." Pain said in response to Sasori's question.

Sasori nodded and Deidara stuck his hand into a pouch full of clay, "Fine, but if they attack us then I will injure them with my art. Hmm." he said while pulling his hand back out, revealing a mouth in his palm that was chewing on clay that had been in the pouch, then it spit out the clay in the shape of a bird. He tossed the bird to the ground then he made a hand sign as the bird grew in a cloud of smoke. They both jumped onto it and put on matching straw hats that had long strips of white cloth comming down from both sides and the back of them as the giant bird streched out its wings and began to flap them, lifting off of the ground and flying off in the direction of Canterlot.

Kakuzu was still staring at Pain but Hidan was about to walk off when Kakuzu put his arm in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. "As for you two." Pain said causing Hidan to turn to him. "You are to follow them and take your prisoner back to that city, then you will help them find Itachi if they havn't already done so." he then finished as Kakuzu nodded and Hidan rolled his eyes. They left to get Rainbow Dash and then started their walk down the cliff side and to Canterlot, all the while Hidan was complaining about how Deidara left them to walk.

End of Music
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
{Canterlot}

After a few minutes of flight, Deidara and Sasori were now nearing the front gate of Canterlot. They landed infront of the gate and jumped off the bird and onto the ground. Two guards were stationed at the gate, one on each side. Both recognised the uniform that Deidara and Sasori were wearing, as they walked forword, passing the guards as the guards stared at them. After they passed, one of them left his post to inform their captain about their unexpected guests.

Inside the city, Deidara, along with Sasori noticed that activity in the city was similar to that in a large village in their world. The streets were busy with buiness ponies, shoppers, and some guards hear and there. They were walking to the Castle on the other side of the city. Eventually, they noticed that half the guards they passed were following them, but they acted like nothing was happening as the continued to walk to the castle. When they reached the castle, however, there were even more gaurds at the front gate of the castle, as if they were anticipating their arrival at the castle. One of the guards in front of them walked up to them, along with two other guards.

Soon enough the armored ponies surrounded the two Akatsuki members. The two of them looked to their sides without turning their heads then Deidara made eye contact with the pony in the middle of the three that were in front of them. "What seems to be the problem, sir? Hmm?" he asked the one he made eye contact with.

The pony cooked an eye brow then replied. "Good evening, gentlemen, I am captain Shining Armor, and unfortunatally, you are going to have to come with us to meet the princess." he said to them sternly.

"Well I hope you aren't planning to just throw your guests in the brig, cause we are on a mission to find Itachi Uchiha and unlike my partner here, I don't like to be kept waiting and I don't like to keep others waiting." Sasori explained in an irritable tone, narrowing his eyes at the last few words.

Shining scanned the both of them for a second, "Don't worry, I asure you, this won't take long. Now please, follow me. I will take you to the princess. She wishes to speak with your leader." he said to them. "As for your friend, he was only willing to speak to princess Luna, and is staying in her room." the three of them began their walk into the castle. Most of the guards going back to their patrols in the city or their posts while the others followed behind Deidara and Sasori, keeping a close eye on the two who were right behind their well respected captain.

As Deidara and Sasori entered the throne room, they noticed a white pony that was easily larger than any other pony they had seen. It also had the horn of a unicorn and the wings of a pegasus. She looked up and noticed the two who had been following Shining Armor. She then put a disarming smile on her face as they came closer to her. About half way across the two Akatsuki members noticed the guards behind them had lowered the front of their bodies in respect and when they finally reached the foot of the throne, Shining had also positioned himself as the guards did. "Welcome to my realm, I am Princess Celestia, and I am very pleased to meet you two." the white pony said to them.

"The honor is all ours." Deidara said as they took off their hats and looked up at her. " We are, after all, two mere artists in the presence of a royalty. Hmm" Deidara replied with a small grin.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hidan and Kakuzu had finally arrived at Canterlot's front gate with Rainbow Dash, they were also wearing the same straw hats as Deidara and Sasori. As they walked up to the front gate, the guards stationed there were surprised to see even more of them had come. They noticed the rather large scythe on Hidan's back and stopped them. "Halt!" One of them said to them causing them to stop in their tracks.

"Hm? What do ya want?" Hidan replied. "We have no time for this, why don't you just let us pass already so there won't be any problems, alright?" he continued in annoyance. Rainbow just stared and wanted to see what would happen. She had seen royal guards before and she knew they were not the kind to mess around, yet she also witnissed Hidan's temper here and there.

The guard looked and pointed at the scythe on Hidan's back. "We are going to have to confiscate that weapon, they are strictly forbidden here in Canterlot." he said coming closer to take the scythe.

Rainbow looked back up to Hidan. "Oh no. This can't be good." she thought to herself, half expecting the guard to be killed in the next few seconds.

When the guard reached for it, he was instantly met with resistance. "Hay, what the hell do ya think you're doing!? Don't put your filthy hooves on my scythe! No one touches it but me! Got it!?" he said, forcfully gripping his hoof then pushing him back. "Kakuzu, common were wasting time here. Lets get moving already before I put a curse on them!" he continued as he walked right passed the gate followed by Rainbow, who was surprised, but relieved that all he did was push the guard.

Kakuzu just stared at the guards, then fallowed Hidan right after muttering. "Idiot...". After that, they both stared into the city, through the gate, then at each other. They both nodded to each other as the guard that tried to confiscate Hidan's scythe had took off into the air to report, for the second time, to Shining Armor.

After a few minutes had passed, Hidan decided to stop and take a break for a few minutes while Kakuzu wanted to continue to the castle. They were in the middle of Canterlot, and the streets were busy with activity. Many, if not all of the city's inhabitants were staring at them as they passed by. Kakuzu was still heading to the castle, while Hidan glanced to his left and saw a bench. Hidan had walked over to the bench and took the heavy scythe off his back and placed it to the side of the bench. It was leaning on the bench with the handle up so that he could grab it quickly if need be. He sat down on the bench resting one of his hands on the back of the bench, and his other hand on the arm rest that the scythe had been leaning on. He let out a sigh as he sat, then looked up, into the deep blue sky.

Rainbow saw Hidan sit on the bench and staring into the sky. She wanted to go find her friends, but for some reason, she found herself walking toward the bench and then, sitting on it next to Hidan. Hidan looked at Rainbow, a little surprised about how she hadn't made a break for it yet. "You okay?" Rainbow asked.

Hidan looked down slightly, then looked back into the sky. "I'm fine. Just a little annoyed is all." he replied, "Why the do you even care? I'm the one who kidnapped you. I thought you would have been gone long before we even got here." he then said.

"Hay, Rainbow!" a voice called out. Rainbow's ears had perked up as she looked behind her, in the opposite direction Hidan was sitting. She stared wide eyed as she caught the attention of Hidan, who had consequently taken his eyes off the sky and onto her, in confusion, then he glanced in the same direction she was looking. He noticed five other multi colored ponies trotting to them. Each one of them wore a light smile. "We've been worried sick!" Twilight said, happy to see her friend.

Hidan sat and stared at the group of ponies. He then remembered them from when he kidnapped Rainbow Dash "Those are the ponies from before." He said to himself as he assumed that they were her friends. He now paying little attention to the world around him and was staring at Rainbow. "Well....It looks like this is where we part ways." he thought to himself then noticed that the talking from the ponies had died down a bit and the six of them were now staring right at him. "What?" he asked.

"Oh, this is my new friend, Hidan." Rainbow said introducing him to them. "Hidan, these are my closest friends, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie." Hidan, stared at her, he didn't expect her to consider him as a friend, but he didn't deny it.

Applejack stepped foreword with a confident smile, "Well howdy partner? pleased to meet ya, I'm Apple Jack." she said holding out one of her hoof in Hidan's direction. He grabbed her hoof with his hand and shook it, all of which was done slowly, as he was still adjusting to talking horses.

Right before they shook, Pinkie had started jumping up repeatedly, as she started. "Hi, you must be new here cause I haven't seen you before and if I haven't seen you before than you really are new here cause I know everyone here. Oh I know, ill throw you a party!" she said to him with much enthusiasm and almost to much speed for him to keep up with. Luckily for Hidan, she was stopped by Rainbow shoving a cupcake into her mouth. Hidan was shocked, he had never met anyone that could speak nearly as fast as Pinkie, he was staring at her with his mouth slightly open and his eyebrows furrowed.

Twilight was staring at her as well but quickly turned her attention to Hidan with an embarrassed smile. He then turned to her as she chuckled to herself. "Good afternoon Mr......Hidan was it? I'm honored to be in your presence. And because you are one of the first humans Equestrias have ever seen, you will probably receive a few curious looks from most of the ponies you come across." she explained, giving a disarming smile.

Rarity stepped up next, she stared at Hidan, amazed with the design of what he was wearing. "Why darling, this clothing, it's so very exotic, so graceful, and the quality of the material is just unreal!" she complemented as she scanned the cloak, admiring every detail, "Who designed it?" she then asked him.

Hidan, given a moment of silence, then replied. "Oh this thing?" he said, grabbing the cloak over his chest with the tips of his fingers. "This is just the uniform for our organization. " he replied, answering Rarity's previous question. "But I'm surprised that Rainbow would call me her friend even after I kidnapped her." After saying that, all of them, except Rainbow stared at Hidan in disbelief. "But, the leader told me to bring her back, and truth be told, I like her, she has guts and she is hard to scare." Rainbow smiled and turned away, blushing heavily.

Fluttershy had noticed this and smiled as she walked up to her from behind. "Do you have a crush on him Rainbow?" she asked.

Rainbow's face became redder, shaking her head furiously. "No, I just umm. were just, well... umm. Promise you won't tell anypony?" she said in a low whisper and now covering Fluttershy's mouth with one of her hooves. She nodded in response as Rainbow put her hoof back to the ground. At that Fluttershy smiled to herself and flew off to meet Hidan.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
{Later that night.}

It was a beautiful night in the city, there were little clouds, and the moon was just above the horizon in a glorious crescent. The faint breeze was cool and soothing to the ponies in the city. Luna, being the princess of the night, was up at this time and had just finished rising the moon for the night. She walked into her room and saw Itachi standing on the balcony. He was looking up at the moon and Luna had felt the need to talk to him. She walked closer to him and even ended up next to him on the balcony. She looked up at the moon that she had risen. It was peaceful for the two as they both endured a long moment of silence, leaving only the wind to make any sounds.

Luna decided to break the silence. "Is something the matter?" she asked him. Itachi was still staring at the moon as he remained silent. She was having a sense of despair when around him, both of them knew what she saw in his mind, and both wish that she hadn't seen what she saw.

Moments later, Itachi had turned to her with a calm expression then turned back to the moon. "I'm fine." he said blankly. "It's just.....the world I'm from. Do you remember what things you saw in my memory?" he asked and she nodded.
"Well, things like this happen in our world." he then said to her.

"Our deepest sympathies Mr. Itachi. We've heard of a life of despair, but that was by far the worst torture we have ever laid eyes on. But I'm curious..... About your family...... and your brother...... what were they like exactly?" she asked him. "Why was your brother the only one to survive?"

Itachi still staring at the moon. He closed his eyes after a moment, then reopened them when he was looking at her. "My clan was called the Uchiha. The Uchiha was a strong clan with a long history of war and bloodshed." He began.