• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 6,582 Views, 138 Comments

Red Clouds: The Strangers of Fate - Akatsuki God



Crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Naruto where the Akatsuki from Naruto are summoned to Equestria and save them from a war that Equestria would never have survived

  • ...
27
 138
 6,582

Chapter 15: Change

{Manehattan}

It was well after dark in the encampment as many legionaries were doing a number of activities involving the war; patrolling the city or encampment, sharpening or polishing their weapons, or training at the practice field weather it be target practice, close quarters on dummies made of wood, sparing between two Pegasus or earth ponies, dueling between two unicorn mages, all of which was present. One group of three ponies one a grey earth pony with a short straight black and red mane, another a white Pegasus with a light blue and slightly curled mane, and the last also a Pegasus but with tan fur and a solid black mane had just got to a small camp fire near their tent. They began to spend their time sharing their thoughts of the war. "Those disgusting changelings...aren't they the ones who attacked Canterlot a few years back?" Asked the light blue Pegasus as he took off his armor.

The earth pony nodded as he turned to meet his gaze. "Yeah, and they're coming at us again." He answered in disgust towards them. He hated them ever since the day they attacked Canterlot during the royal wedding between Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadence, and now that they had the nerve to attack again, made his blood boil. "Those damn...things! I wish they had never existed." He said in a low voice.

Instinctively, light blue Pegasus tilted his head in confusion, he knew that that changelings were a threat and that they attacked at the heart of Equestria, but for some reason, he didn't hold it against them because of their failure to capture the city. "Hey, I know they aren't the best to have around but they were only doing it for their survival. Surely you can't fault them for that!" He said defensively.

"They tried to feed off of our emotions and turn all of Equestria into a food supply for them to feed on, and you think I can't fault them!? Although no lives were lost that day, many ponies only barely go through it alive, including princesses Celestia and Cadence, how could we not blame them for those actions!" The earth pony roared. After a moment, the light blue Pegasus found himself speechless while the earth pony looked into the fire as the snapping from burning wood could easily be heard during the silence. "They came and we weren't ready, they intended to completely change our way of life if not destroy it, but that kind of change, well, its enough to make you snap."

"Easy, Foxtrot, your not the only one that has been affected by the changelings, and frankly, you're just a minor case when compared to the captain." Said the tan Pegasus. He had been thinking of the attack that had happened prior to their march to Manehattan and sense the changelings were the subject of the conversation, he thought it best to bring it up. "Do you remember hearing about the attack on the Crystal Empire?" He asked, waiting for their answer, and as soon as they both replied with a nod, he continued. "Well, I've heard that there was only one survivor, Captain Star Crystal, the head of the imperial guard of the Crystal Empire...or was until after the attack."

The other two looked down into the fire as they remembered the report from them. "Yeah, I heard." The light blue Pegasus replied. "But wasn't there more to that attack than just the changelings, cause we didn't hear the report directly from her, and I doubt the changelings would be strong enough to take out the imperial guards like that."

"Yes, the report also said that a group of humans who call themselves the Akatsuki, who were the same ones who were summoned a few weeks ago by the elements of harmony, helped the changelings and even took down the imperial guards with ease." He told them. Surprised, they both looked worriedly at him. "What's more, it was them who decided to exterminate the population of the city and allowing only one survivor to spread the word that they were to be feared and not to challenge them, making them even worse than, Nightmare Moon, Queen Chysalis, and King Sombra." He then declared as he continued to stare into the flames, imagining how these humans were even capable of killing of the Imperial guards so easily.

"As I said before" Said the tan Pegasus. "The captain has been through a lot lately." The other Pegasus glanced at him while the other still starred off into the fire. "I'm guessing that Princess Cadence didn't make it." Upon hearing this, Foxtrot's ears perked up as he turned his head, caught off guard by the assumption. He had completely forgot about Princess Cadence being married to their captain, along with the fact that she was in charge of the Crystal Empire before the attack because of his own personal problems with the changelings. He realized that Shining Armor was probably acting strangely because of his wife being killed by the humans that the elements of harmony had brought into this world. "Star Crystal was said to be the only survivor of the attack as you said, but the princess...we haven't heard from since the attack and the captain's newly found behavior, I think is probably linked to that fact. He is probably in pain, far greater than any pony, even the princesses could endure." He continued, finishing with a hard hitting and reasonable theory.

Foxtrot looked up into the starlit sky, noticing no clouds passing over them. "All the more reason...to put an end to those monsters."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
{Everfree Forest}

Just outside of an old castle deep within the Everfree, Kisame had stood with Princess Cadence at his side. "Is this the place? The castle in the forest that Itachi spoke of?" Kisame asked.

Cadence nodded. "Yes, this is the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters." She replied before looking at him grimly. He didn't notice as he started toward the enterance. "I don't understand, why didn't you kill me back there?" She then questioned, causing him to stop in his track although without reply. "What is the Akatsuki up to now that you have me hostage?" She continued.

Kisame turned to face her as his signature grin started to take shape. "And here I thought you would have been a little grateful that I, a member of the Akatsuki, was the one how saved you." He replied in a smartalicy tone.

"No, that's a lie, you didn't save me, you did quite the opposite, you and your group killed my subjects and aligned yourselves with the changelings!" Cadence then accused.

"So, after all of this time, that's what you think?" Kisame then questioned as his grin faded. He hadn't yet told her the story of what actually happened in terms of the Akatsuki so he half expected such an outburst from her yet at the same time, was greatly disappointed in the accusation. After a few seconds, she didn't reply. "Well with all due respect princess, quit your whining and follow me inside."he then demanded, turning around and walking to the entrance. Cadence, however, was unwilling to comply and as soon as Kisame noticed, he continued into the castle as if she was right behind him.

Cadence stood still, glaring at him, and as soon as he disappeared into the castle, she began to turn away slowly. "You humans must not be very bright if you are going to let a princess get away this easily." She insulted briefly closing her eyes as her head faced in the opposite direction.

As soon as she reopened them, she was startled at the tall figure of Kisame standing right in front of her. "Well aren't we the smart one, where is it that you intend on going, Princess?" He asked sarcastically. "Trying to leave, no doubt, even after all we've been through."

She quickly regained her composure as he spoke. "Where did you...just leave me alone, I want nothing to do with you monsters." She growled in a low yet bitter voice.

Kisame's grin finally came back as his amusement was becoming aroused. "I'm afraid I've been given orders to do the opposite. Besides ever sense the attack of your realm, you've become overcome with a mixture of emotions, I'm guessing that anger and sarrow are among them, but I must say, I didn't quite expect a pony from this world to become so cold and unforgiving as you are now. But I assure you, the Akatsuki or, the real Akatsuki had almost nothing to do with that attack." He said in a reassuring tone.

Cadance just looked down then to the side. "I don't believe you." She said sturnly.

"Wether you believe that what I am saying is true or not, is up to you, although it really doesn't change the situation." Kisame said as he gently placed his hand over her shoulder only to have it shaken off. He held his hand in the air just off of her shoulder for a second before letting it fall to his side. "And as for how I got behind you so quickly. It's called the water clone jutsu and it's pretty self explanatory." He explained while making a hand sign before turning into water and falling to the ground, forming a puddle where the clone stood. Cadance just stared at the puddle for a moment, making sure she saw correctly. "It's pointless to just stare at my former clone. Come on inside, we wouldn't want you to fall into the wrong hands." He said as he stood in the door way of the castle. Cadance turned around to face him and, for a moment she hesitated but after a few moments, she finally began to walk slowly towards him. After nearly a full minute of her slow walk, she had passed him and was now inside of the old castle all the while Kisame had his gaze fixed on her, turning his body as she passed him. "Oh, and Princess." He said, reaching into a pouch underneath his cloak as she stopped and turned her head to the side. "I have something for you, think of it as a gift to you from us." He said, tossing a large heart shaped crystal in her direction causing her to gasp and instantly turn her body and, as her horn began to glow, she caught it with a levitation spell. She starred at the crystal for several moments then looked toward Kisame then back to the cyrstal.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
{Canterlot}

Although she had been put in charge of nearly half of the legion, Princess Luna couldn't help but feel a heavy load on her shoulders because of Itachi being a member of the Akatsuki, which was now outlawed. She had heard about how Rainbow Dash was taking it and frankly, she didn't blame her, for she had recently came to realize that she felt the same way for Itachi as Rainbow felt for Hidan. It was late in the night as she lay in her bed and she would normally be looking through the dreams of her subjects, a task that she hasn't been able to do effectively ever since the incident at the Crystal Empire.

"In my world, there is much betrayal and bloodshed. While one may have a good idea as to what may happen there, it is impossible to be completely sure of the future. Those whom you trust the most often lead you on to your downfall." She could easily remember Itachi saying that during his time spent in Canterlot.

"Why must one so kind be forced to endure so much?" She painfully asked herself.

"I was forced to make a decision, one that would often eat away at the inner most reaches of any shinobi. In times of war, one can never know what lies ahead, any potential threats, given time, could rise up and strike you down when you least expect. My clan, even as precious to me as it was, was no exception. In order to protect the Leaf, along with My younger brother, sacrifices were needed to be made." Was another line from Itachi that came to mind.

Remembering one of her talks with Itachi, brought her to tears as she lay in her bed. She had asked him as to why he had killed his clan, and the memories that she had visited some time ago, had only supported his reasoning. For the first time, she truly knew how it felt to lose someone important to her. Itachi's story moved her and he was the first mortal being that she had opened up to emotionally because of this fact.

She took a moment to calm down, tomorrow was going to mark the beginning of the legion's march to Manehatten. Yet her fear was not the impending threat that their enemies posed but the chances of facing Itachi in battle and what may happen if such an event would come to past.