• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 6,577 Views, 138 Comments

Red Clouds: The Strangers of Fate - Akatsuki God



Crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Naruto where the Akatsuki from Naruto are summoned to Equestria and save them from a war that Equestria would never have survived

  • ...
27
 138
 6,577

Chapter 12: The Legion of Peace Keepers

{Canterlot Castle}

Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Twilight Sparkle all stood on a rather large semicircle balcony that faced a very large open court yard. They were addressing a massive number of other ponies who had been suited and equipped for battle against their foes. All of them were somewhat talkative as they hadn't yet finished their training. They had quieted down in just a few moments when Princess Celestia had rose her wings. "Friends, ponies, Equestrians!" She began. "As you know, the peace and harmony that has existed here for many centuries and our very way of life has been threatened by our neighbors and we are now at war." She explained. "However, similarly threatening situations have presented themselves in the past such as the return of Nightmare Moon, an evil entity which once resided within my beloved sister, Princess Luna, and nearly brought about night time eternal." She continued. "And then there was the once terrible monster named Discord, the god of chaos who used his powers of disharmony on innocent ponies and the land for his own amusement and in an attempt to convert our realm into his own chaotic empire." She then mentioned. "And the attack led by Queen Chrysalis of the changelings who tried to feed themselves using our emotions during the royal wedding between Princess Meyamory Cadenza of the Crystal Empire and Captain Shining Armor of the royal guard. And another time during the revival of the Crystal Empire when a ruthless pony known as King Sombra, once an evil emperor who tortured his subjects and only brought pain and suffering to them, tried to retake the throne and attacked Captain Shining Armor and Princes Meyamore Cadenza to resume his tyranny over the crystal ponies. However, we came out of all of those victoriously and with our home in tact. This time, we are under attack by the changelings for the second time because Queen Chrysalis had became resentful towards us ever since their failure to take over and even worse, our once great allies, the griffins, have turned against us in a pact with the changelings after centuries of friendship between us. But unfortunatally, that isn't all. About 3 weeks ago a group of humans who call themselves the Akatsuki were summoned by the elements of harmony in an attempt for us to have some protection from our foes without having to begin drafting ponies into the legion. We have recieved word from a reliable source that they have attacked the Crystal Empire along side the changelings and unfortunately, Princess Meyamore Cadenza has been lost along with almost all of her subjects. Today the city of Manehattan is in danger of an attack from our foes with an army of thirty thousand battle hardened troops but the city's garrison of five hundred guards and watch ponies will receive reinforcements from Captain Shining Armor with a legion of two thousand ponies still leaving them horribly outnumbered and facing impossible odds. Tomorrow I am going to set out to personally deal with the threat that plages our land and has the potential to destroy us and most of all, to help my friends and comrades in need of our aid. Every pony, I ask of you a lot and I understand if you may not wish to come with me, but for the sake of all of Equestria, I must ask. Will you join us in our march to Manehattan and help out our comrades?" She then asked as she instantly received the cries of what seemed to be every pony who wanted nothing more than to join their princess in defending their fellow ponies in Manehattan.

Twilight gave Celestia a warm smile then went to speak with the crowd briefly. "Every pony, I am very pleased to see so many who wish to protect our very way of life, it really warms my heart to have the opertunity to work with you all, be it either directly or indirectly. All of you will be divided into two divions, the Solar Division, led by Princess Celestia" Celestia stepped foreword. "And the Lunar Division led by Princess Luna" she then announced followed by Luna stepping foreword. There will also be a support team, giving you cover from the air and ingaging any of the griffin archers, luckily the wonder bolts had volunteered for the job. Their new captain, Rainbow Dash, will lead them and are currently in Cloudsdale, preparing for the onslaught. All of you will be assigned to one of the two divisions that I mentioned earlier, but for now, all of you will wait in your barracks, where you will await placement and further instructions."

About an hour had passed and placement for the legionaries was being decided by the royal guards along with a few special cases that were hoof picked by one of the two division leaders. A third division, led by Twilight, had already been made prior to the gathering, the intelligence core, made from the most brilliant minded ponies who were to keep the princesses in touch with one another using their magic. They also had a few of their ponies going with each of the two combat divisions, along with a pegasus who flew to the Wonder Bolts head quarters along with Shock, who was to report to Captain Shining Armor once he had the chance. All of these ponies had a special spell placed on them that would allow the intel core, along with several receiver ponies, who scattered to all of the major cities in Equestria, and would inform the ponies in those cities of the details of what seemed to be an unavoidable battle. This would allow for ponies to evacuate prior to the enemy's advance, should the legion fail to push them back. It was late and the sun had already begun to set and Rainbow Dash had just arrived, having two guards at her sides as they walked down the central road in Canterlot to the castle. She was here to talk with the princesses about their plans. Little did she and the guards know, there was a figure on the roof tops to the right of them and was following them silently. Moments had passed as the figure continued to follow them and when he took a moment to stare at the ponies he has following, it became clear that it was Hidan. The three ponies continued to walk, easily distinguishable from the citizens of Canterlot, which still covered the streets. A moment had passed and Hidan walked over to the edge of the room he was on and was about to jump to the next one. Before he did so, however, he felt a hand come into contact with his shoulder. He turned to see that he himself had been followed. "Itachi. What the hell are you doing following me like that, did that leader of ours send you?" He asked, followed by turning back to the three ponies who were now nearly a block ahead of them.

Itachi stared at Hidan with his sharringan active and his usual blank facial expression, finally taking his hand off Hidan's shoulder as he did so. "I came on matters of a more personal affair." He responded. "Also I wanted to know what business you have here, as Pain did not give you any orders to come here." Hidan continued to stare at Rainbow. They were now starting to disappear from his sight from the distance between them. "Is it Rainbow Dash?" He then asked.

Hidan's eyes widened slightly and a drop of sweat began to make its way down the side of his head as he instinctively made his hands curl into fists. The air around the two grew bitter and tense as an ominous silence fell upon them leaving the only audible talking to the ponies below. A gust of cool wind fell upon the two, making their cloaks wave along side the now moving air. "What do ya mean....I'm just here to make sure they don't try anything. That rainbow one has nothing to do with it..." He lied trying to convince himself that she was just a pony from a different world.

(Flash back)

"You haven't developed feelings for this talking horse already have you?" Hidan then remembered Kakuzu say that in the woods after kidnaping her.

(Present)

Itachi narrowed his eyes. His sharringan fixed on Hidan as he did so. "I can tell when someone is lying to me." He told him. "Tell me, what do you see in her?" He then asked receiving no further response. The two waited again in bitter silence. The sun was already at the horizon and the wind had died down. "She feels the same way about you as you do towards her." He then told him. "Let's go." He then said as he jumped into the air.

Hidan waited a second later, still staring ahead oh him before finally following Itachi into the direction of the castle.