• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 6,581 Views, 138 Comments

Red Clouds: The Strangers of Fate - Akatsuki God



Crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Naruto where the Akatsuki from Naruto are summoned to Equestria and save them from a war that Equestria would never have survived

  • ...
27
 138
 6,581

Chapter 19: Overwhelming Hatred

"Ma'am, according to the intel core, Princess Celestia is now being engaged by the changelings as we speak!" was said by a guard with a steady yet grim demeanor toward Princess Luna who looked over her shoulder in shock from the disturbing news. "And what's more, we suspect that she was ambushed outside of her camp with only a hand full of guards accompanying her some distance away from the rest of her division." he then finished his report, bowing his head in respect the moment he finished.

Luna, now completely focused on the guard, had just come out of a deep thought. She was concerned about Itachi and Hidan as well as the other Akatsuki. She didn't want to believe that they had turned on them but the evidence that pointed toward them intending to be feared and to conquer the world seemed to overwhelming to ignore and their motives for the attack on the Crystal Empire were unclear, making it difficult to work or focus on anything other than the Akatsuki's movements. However, the disturbing report regarding her sister proved to be an exception. "Where are they now?" she quickly responded.

The guard looked up at her in attention. "In the forest just ahead of us, but considering where the Solar Division's camp was set up last night, they're probably not on the same trail as the one we are currently on." He then said.

Luna took note of said information and nodded letting him know that she was on the same page before she turned to the road ahead. "Let us go and save my sister." She then turned back to him. "I need you to find the best of our division and bring them here so we can set out, and as for the rest of the division, I put Captain Night Rider in command and tell him to take our division over to the Solar Division's camp as reinforcements." She then ordered.

"But princess, what would be the point in taking out division over to them?"

"I suspect that they intend to wipe out half of the legion whilst my sister is not present, so taking steps in order to make sure that doesn't happen is now our top priority." She then explained to him. He nodded. "Go now, give the orders and bring to me the finest of our division."
_________________________________________
{elsewhere}

Off in the distance from Manehatten, the two man being, Zetsu stood on one of the large branches of a tall tree on the edge of a forest. The tree overlooked the town along with the the two camps belonging to the ponies on one side and the changelings on the other. "Well, it looks like they finally made their move and the ponies of that town seem to be in a hopeless situation." Said the white half of Zetsu with an ominous grin.

"So it would appear." The other said blankly. "Most of the changelings went on ahead along with their queen probably to intercept that army those ponies called their "Legion" but even so, the ponies here are still gravely outnumbered and Chrysalis has engaged their princess in a battle with a handful of other changelings while the rest of her army attacks their camp."

"Yes, and with that said, I suspect that other half of the pony army heard about the situation with their princess and are now rushing to aid her as we speak and with their scouting party also engaged, it seems that the ponies have found themselves at a major disadvantage." the white half then explained.

"Which is exactly what we had anticipated." the black half then stated. "And now that things are finally beginning to heat up, it is our obligation to wait for the Akatsuki to make their move and report back to Tobi and Orochimaru."

"Yes and it also appears that letting those ponies know about the changeling's ambush on their princess," The white half then said as a guard pony of the Lunar division walked up to the tree before shifting its form and appearance from that of a pony to that of a full bodied white Zetsu. "will lead their second right to Sasuke."

"And that being said, it appears that there are going to be exactly five battles that take place in the changeling's offensive. One of them being Celestia against Chrysalis, another at the town in front of us, another between the pony fly team and those griffins, and another between the Legion and the main changeling army." said the black half.

"And lets not forget the one Orochimaru is the most interested in." the white half then said.

"That's right...Sasuke..."

_____________________________________________

Princess Luna had left her camp with the hand full of guards that she had requested which were all her personal guards ever sense before the Legion was formed which didn't come as a surprise to her that they were selected to follow her on her quest to help her sister escape from what appeared to be a very grave situation. They continued on the road they were currently on so they could come from behind the changelings when they reached them and Celestia byt after some time, one of the guard's ears jumped and he stopped just ahead of the others, causing them to do the same. "What is it?" Luna asked.

The guard looked from side to side without turning his head as his eyes began to narrow. He turned to her and the other guards. "Someone's here, watching us." he whispered.

Despite hearing this, the other guards didn't react visibly as they continued to stayed calm. "Are you sure of this?" another guard asked before receiving a single nod from him.

Luna listened and waited for a chance to speak. "Well, if we are being followed, then I think it we continue our current rout so as to give thine spy the idea that we have yet to catch on to their presence." She suggested to them, receiving a single nod from each of them. They then refocused on the path and continued down the road in a slow pace.

As suspected by one of the guards, someone was watching them. It was Sasuke. He stared at them from the branch on a tree with murderous intent with his sharinggan active and although he couldn't hear what they were saying, he was able to read their lips because of it and when the guard had called Luna by her title as a princess, his eyes began to grow darker as he could feel himself coming closer to achieving his goal, but not only was he now aware of her being a princess, he was also aware of their suspicion about his being there, however that didn't change a thing regarding his current adjective and as the time slowly passed, he jumped to the next tree before landing some distance ahead of them, causing them to stop to watch him. His hair covered his eyes and he rested his hand on the hilt of his sword that slightly extended out to his side. This sight made the guards aware of his threat to take the princess, although they hadn't the slightest idea of his abilities or even who he "Hey, you, the one with the tiara.." he then addressed Luna without the initial respect or fear that she had been used to and with an ominous moment of silence, the wind had picked up, causing the trees to sway back and forth along with his own clothing as the guards, along with Luna stared at him intently with a slight anxiety from his presence, one of the guards even broke a sweat just watching him before he spoke again. "Are you one of the princesses of this realm?" he raised his head, making his sharringan easily visible before fully gripping the sword and unsheathing it. In response, the guards immediately took out their weapons and began to rush to his flanks and rear in order to surround him. "I'll ask again, are you a princess of this realm?"

It was at that moment that the surrounding guards charged at him from all sides, thinking he wouldn't stand a chance against all of them, before he kicked the guard coming from behind him and jumping into the air to be fallowed by one of the pegasus guards which attempted to stab him through his chest but was countered by Sasuke rapidly forming hand signs before his hand that he held his sword with ignited with current electricity that flooded the sword which he then swung it at the blade of the guard's weapon and snapping it in half and sending the blade spinning in the other direction as his sword drew closer to the guard's neck. The guard evaded what would have been a fatal blow by flying up and having his leg slashed instead, causing him to yell out in pain before the electricity dispersed and Sasuke grabbed his injured leg and pulled down before bringing up his leg to kick him to to the ground with a loud thud which caused his body to bounce and land for a second time all the while his body started to roll after impacting the ground and a for a second after hitting the ground for the second time. Sasuke landed on his feet as he continued to glare death at Luna. She cringed, wishing she hadn't seen him take out two veteran guards with ease, nearly killing one of them. "Why ist thou doing this?" She asked him. "What is thine purpose?" She continued.

Sasuke narrowed his eye, he had no intention of telling her anything about his goal. As he saw it, she was going to be dead soon by his hand and thought it a waste of time. "I'm not obligated to tell you anything." He growled as he once again pointed his sword at her. "Besides, if you are a princess, then you wouldn't live long enough to understand." He then threatened as they continued to stare each other intently and while Sasuke's intent was to kill,Luna had a very different plan of action in mind. It took some time but after seeing his sharringan and his resemblance to Itachi, she had come to recognize him as his younger brother.

"Hold on Sasuke!" she yelled out, causing his eyes widen slightly before narrowing them in disgust. "I know about what happened to your clan..." she then said.

"How exactly is it that you know about me or my clan. " he questioned in a low growl while an annoyed smile crept across his face.

Luna silenced herself at that as he stared her down and it was clear that although her comment stopped him for the time being, it wouldn't be enough to halt his offensive completely. In fact, it became increasingly evident that it also angered him, which would consequently make his attempts at her life more fierce and brutal. "I know how it feels to be alone." she continued after a moment, catching him off guard as he took a step back with his eyes widened and his hand shuck as he struggled to keep a grip on his sword.

He continued to stare silently for a moment as flashes of his clan's massacre started to flood his mind. He closed his eyes tightly and he grabbed the side of his head with his free hand. He opened his eyes narrowly and stared at the ground as he continued to shake, still being harassed by the memories. He closed his eyes again as Luna stared at him sympathetically. "Shut up..." he said in a low voice. "Shut up..." his voice a little louder as he continued. "Shut up!" he then yelled as he threw his head back and reopening his eyes widely. His arms were behind him and also held out to his sides as he continued to scream and his entire body began to ignite with electricity. He then jumped at her with his full force. "I'll kill you where you stand!"

He then came to a stop with the quick sound his blade piercing into his victim's chest as blood seeped from the entry and exit wound off of his blade. Luna's eyes widened, she became very silent as a few drops of blood splattered her face as she looked down at the blade, she then looked up slowly. "Why would you...do this..." She asked almost in a whisper.

"Why do you intend to get in my way?" Sasuke asked the pony he had just ran through with his sword which wasn't Luna, but one of her guards instead.