• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 859 Views, 98 Comments

Short stories about ponies and whatnot - shutaro



Assorted short fics for given prompts

  • ...
4
 98
 859

PreviousChapters Next
Keep calm and call the Princess

The Crystal Empire, a shining jewel on Equestria’s borders, home of the Crystal Ponies. But just like Equestria it has it’s share of nasties and dangers.

---

The fillies Glitter Glint and Sparkle played with kites in a field on the outskirts of the capital. Their younger brother Sliver tried to catch a crystal grasshopper he had spotted. A sudden gust of wind snatched the tether from Glitter’s mouth and the kite started to drift away on the wind. Sliver spotted the line as it rushed by him and he ran to catch it, even as his sisters called for him to stop. Jumping across a little stream he soon found himself in a little grove and spotted the kite on the ground. He picked it up and wanted to walk back, but the line had tangled up in an object under the kite.

A black crystal!

Not wanting to break the kite Sliver tried to free the line from the black crystal, just as his sisters found him.

“Stop, don’t touch it!” Glitter Glint called, and Sparkle ran to her brother and held him in a tight hug.

“That was very dangerous, Sliver,” Sparkle told her brother. “We have to tell a guard!”

They ran back to the city and watched a few minutes later how Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor shattered the black crystal with their magic.

The Princess waved the foals near and hugged them. “That was a very good thing you did today. If you find a black crystal, don’t touch it! Call a guard or any grownup!”

The three foals looked at each other and laughed “We know, Princess.”

Shining Armor ruffled Sliver’s mane. “And knowing is half the battle!”

Author's Note:

Help us fight King Cobra Sombra!


The Prompt: And now, a public service announcement…

PreviousChapters Next