• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 5,552 Views, 100 Comments

Chocolate Cake Shots, and Other Things You Discover in College - Flutterguy89



Follow the Mane 6 as they are re-imagined as human freshmen at Celestia College.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,552

Chapter 4: The Set Up

Chapter Four: The Set Up

Dull, destitute of fun, humdrum, eye-melting-ly boooooooooring! These are just the first (and most polite) in a long list of words that the one and only Pinkie Pie would use to describe the past week of college. Classes had begun, but Pinkie had found out that her schedule matched up poorly with those of her friends.

“Classes! Classes! Are you kidding me? We don’t need no stinkin’ classes! Okay not true but still! I mean I understand that that is sorta what college is about but, ugh the routine! Routine, it is my kryptonite I tell you! Where is the fun? The adventure? The Jell-O shots? For god’s sake someone think of the Jell-O shots!” Pinkie was pacing back and forth across her room, hands in the air, ranting aloud to an invisible double.

“RD’s in class. Twilight’s in class. AJ and Fluttershy and Ratity are, you guessed it, in class! What am I supposed to be doing, huh?”

“Well Pinkie, I suppose you can try and come up with a nefarious scheme to bring joy and laughter to our friends through drunken and/or sexy adventures.”

“Hmmm… that’s a pretty good idea, Pinkie,” Pinkie tapped her chin thoughtfully. “But who shall be the targets of this nefarious plot?”

“Well, Fluttershy did turn out to be interesting, as predicted, and RD has totally brought her into the group, but neither one has made a move on each other yet, even though they so totally want to… It’s like watching two people run towards each other on a beach in super-slow motion, except it is so not romantic, ‘cause it’ll be, like, years till they meet half way! It’s booooooring!”

“This may pair may be worthy of our efforts, but we must be sure. Present your evidence, councilor.”

“Exhibit A: Fluttershy is RD’s long lost awesome friend from times long ago, and they share some sort of super special connection because of it. Exhibit B: Fluttershy totally checks RD out when she’s not looking. Exhibit C: RD totally does the same. Conclusion: They so want to do the horizontal cha-cha.”

“So, what are we going to do?”

“The same thing we do every night, Pinkie, try to take over the world!” The petite dynamo cackled maniacally before flopping down on the beat-up futon. “Oh… and probably throw a party…”

--------------------

“So let me get this straight, rather than lay low after the fiasco that was the last party, you want to want to hold another party?” RD arched an incredulous eyebrow. Pinkie had ambushed Dash as she left her last class for the day, and now the pair was crossing the quad together on their way back to the dorms.

“Well duh, if I didn’t throw another party I’d look totally guilty, duh.” Pinkie was flashing a grin that threatened to consume her whole face.

“Okaaaay… maybe be a bit more selective about the guest list this time though,” Rainbow gingerly touched her bandaged face. “My nose still hurts like a bitch.”

“Oh this one’s special, but have no fear there will be tunes and alcohol!” She said as she wrapped an arm around her punky companion, flashing a grin. “It’ll be just you, me, AJ, Twi, Rares…. Oh and Fluttershy.” Pinkie waggled her eyebrows in an effort to further tempt her friend.

“Well if… everyone… is coming.” Dash then fixed Pinkie with a skeptical stare. “Wait this isn’t part of an elaborate scheme or master plan is it?”

“What? No, no, no. Of course not,” Pinkie replied with her fingers crossed behind her back. “Who do you think I am, the kind of person who would drug RA’s just to throw a bitchin’ party?”

“But… you did do that.”

“Exactly”

--------------------

“So, sugar, you want to host another get together, here, in our room.” Applejack was a bit less than amused.

“Awww come on Jackie, it’ll be okay. It’ll just me you, and me, and Twi-Twi, and Fluttershy, and Rarity, and RD.” Pinkie Pie gave her roomie the best puppy dog eyes she could muster.

“Well…” AJ cast her eyes around the room, “Twilight, it’s yer room too, what do you say?”

Twilight as usual was curled up on her bed with a book. “Hmmm…. I wouldn’t mind experimenting with Fluttershy again…”

Pinkie and Applejack exchanged wide eyed glances. “Uh, Twi?”

Twilight broke out in a fit of giggles. “Oh God, that never gets old. I’d love to have everyone over.”

Pinkie bounced up and down on the spot. “Twilight’s on board come one Applejackie, pleeeeeeease?”

“Well fine, but we gotta make sure we don’ make too much noise, ah doubt the RA’s will be accepting anymore of yer cupcakes, sugar.”

--------------------

“I thank you for your invitation, darling, but I feel I must decline. I think your parties might be a bit too rambunctious for my taste,” Rarity’s expression was polite, yet unreadable, as she stood in the doorway to her and RD’s room.

“Oh come on Rares I’m really sorry for what happened last time, and I promise it’ll never happen again.”

Rarity’s face remained a polite mask.

“It’ll just be the six of us. A girl’s night! I Pinkie promise!”

Rarity arched a brow, “You’re absolutely sure. No brutish thugs?”

“I swear upon my treasured collection of novelty cookie cutters.” Pinkie held a hand to her heart in all solemnity.

“Alright, besides, you all have been very nice to me. No harm no foul, I always say, and I suppose I owe it to you.” Rarity said, finally cracking a genuine smile.

--------------------

“Oh…um… I wouldn’t want to impose or anything.” Fluttershy was standing in her doorway looking down at the frizzy-haired party girl.

“Not at all my pink-haired amigo,” Pinkie replied.

“And uh… RD is gonna be there?” Fluttershy hid her blush behind her hair.

“Oh girl, no need to hide from your Auntie Pinkie Pie, she can read the writing on the wall. Yep, RD is going to be there, and plenty of drinks. Twi said you enjoyed the screwdrivers, right?”

“Oh, yes they were yummy.” The shy girl said with a little smile. “And thanks for… you know… not making fun of me for…um…”

“Liking RD? Not a problem. I might even be able to help you with that too.” A devilish grin swept across Pinkie’s features.

“I don’t know… I mean… I don’t want to trick her or anything…”

“Just leave everything to me and the two of you will be an item in no time flat,” Pinkie held out her hand to the pink-haired girl.

Fluttershy thought briefly about how good it would be to finally be able to have Dashie in her arms, not just as friends but to be her everything, to pay her back for standing out in a crowd so that Fluttershy could slip into the background.

Fluttershy, blushing furiously, shook Pinkie’s hand.

--------------------

Pinkie wandered back to her room some time later with a satisfied smirk. The pieces were in place, the trap was set, and this time tomorrow the drinks would flow.

“I love it when a plan comes together.”

Author's Note:

This chapter's title track is The Set Up (You Need This) by Reel Big Fish

As for the promised Flutter shy music, here's the first few songs I could think of: The Chain by Ingird Michaelson , Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons, and The Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machine

More to come in the next chapter, stay tuned folks!