• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 2,617 Views, 218 Comments

MLPU: The Amazing Spider-Mare - TheInvincibleIronBrony

  • ...
8
 218
 2,617

The Lizard's Last Stand

The Lizard moved quickly, tracking the scent of it’s target. It opened it’s mouth to taste the air outside of a red brick house a few blocks outside if the main city. “Not this one,” it said as it moved quickly back through the alley unaware of the shadowy figure following it from the rooftops.

“Target acquired,” Pinkie whispered into her earpiece. “Moving in.”

“Acknowledged. Proceed with caution,” a voice replied back, as Pinkie leaped to the next roof to keep track of her quarry.

Where is it going? Pinkie thought as she checked the area they were in almost instantly recognizing it. We’re near the bakery! Why are we here?

The Lizard opened it’s mouth to taste the air again. “The Ssspider’sss web isss clossse,” it hissed to itself. Turning to a brightly colored building down the street.

Pinkie followed it’s gaze. Didn’t see that coming, she thought as she caught sight of the bakery the Lizard was moving towards. Without another thought Pinkie pulled the bow off of her back and notched an arrow. Taking careful aim she shot the arrow at the beast’s back.

The Lizard growled as the arrow stuck in it’s back. Looking around the Lizard spotted it’s attacker. Pinkie stood on the roof another arrow ready, this one with a cylindrical tip. “If you’re here for the cupcakes you’ll have to come back later. The bakery closed hours ago,” she said as she shot the arrow.

The Lizard swiped the arrow to the side. “You ca-” the creature began as the tip of the arrow ignited in a blast of white light, blinding the Lizard.

“Yuca? Is that some kind of cryptic lizard word? Does it mean you surrender, cause that would be really helpful,” Pinkie babbled as she jumped off the roof, rolling and readying another normal arrow as she hit the ground. As soon as she had the reptile in her sights she fired, aiming at the knees this time.

The Lizard roared in annoyance as the arrow struck its target. “Your an annoying mammal,” she growled as her vision returned. However her attacker was nowhere to be seen. “Why do mammalsss alwaysss hide,” the creature said as it opened it’s mouth, tasting the air and immediately catching wind of Pinkie sneaking up from behind. The Lizard whipped it’s tail at the assassin, knocking the mare aside.

“You can’t kill me. You are the food. I kill you,” the monster snarled as it lunged at it’s prey. Pinkie just barely rolled out of the way.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea. You might get diabetes,” she said as she fired another flash bang arrow, blinding the monster, followed by several regular arrows targeting joints and pressure points. The Lizard roared in annoyance.

Seconds later lights began flicking on in the homes and shops around them, curious ponies looking out of their windows to see what the commotion was. Great just what I need. Cops and reporters will probably be here soon, Pinkie thought as she watched the Lizard start to recover, Pinkie’s arrows popping out as the wounds healed.

“I told you, you can’t kill me,” the monster hissed with a triumphant grin.

“Oh snap. I might need the cops here after all,” Pinkie commented in surprise as the Lizard charged at her. She ran at the Lizard, dropping and sliding beneath it as it swung it’s claws at her. Pinkie jabbed an arrow with a much larger point into the belly of the beast before she got back to her feet and ran. The Lizard turned to attack again when she heard a faint beeping sound and noticed a red blinking light coming from the arrow.

The Lizards eyes widened when she realized she had a bomb stuck to her stomach. She swiped a hand at the arrow, knocking it loose and then began to scramble away as the explosive detonated, the blast throwing the Lizard several yards down the street.

Pinkie readied another arrow as she observed the smoke from the explosion. “If that didn’t kill it I’m calling bull shit,” Pinkie said as she began moving closer at a steady pace. Just as she got within spitting distance of the crater her arrow made the Lizard’s tail swung out of the smoke and caught Pinkie in the midsection, sending her flying into a wall. Pinkie slumped to the ground unconscious.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Cup Cake stared out of the second floor window at the spectacle below. “Mommy, what’s all that noise?” a tired voice asked from behind her. Cup Cake turned around to see her children rubbing the sleep from their eyes.

“Umm…Nothing, but we’re gonna go on a little adventure,” she told them as she started pushing them towards the stairs leading downstairs. “Come on we can go to the toy store,” she continued.

“But it’s late. The toy store isn’t even open is it?” Pound asked confused at the sudden trip.

“I know, but if we get there first we get the pick of the litter, now come on pick up the pace,” Cup encouraged as she got the twins moving downstairs.

“Can’t we get some breakfast first?” Pumpkin asked with a yawn.

“We’ll get something out okay,” Cup said as she became more nervous, ushering the twins down the stairs. “We’ll get some pancakes or something,” she offered as she pushed her children down the stairs.

Then the front of the bakery exploded inward as the creature from the streets invaded their home. Cup pushed her children behind her protectively as they shrieked in fear of the beast. The Lizard grinned at the family. “Sssnacksss,” it said simply as Cup got the twins moving back up the stairs the monster following slowly, certain that it’s new prey would not escape.

////////////////////////////////////

Scootaloo swung towards her home as fast as she could wearing the oversized sock as a mask. “Come on,” she chided herself as she tried to get more speed in her swings.

The sound of sirens caught her attention and she looked to the streets below to see several emergency vehicles headed in the same direction as her. “Please don’t let me be too late. Not again,” Scootaloo told herself as she followed the same path as the police.

/////////////////////////////////////

Cup Cake pushed her children into her room and slammed the door behind them, just as the Lizard appeared at the top of the stairs. “Go for the fire escape now!” she shouted at her children.

“But what about you?” Pumpkin asked, teary eyed.

“I’ll be right behind you, just go!” their mother shouted at them, holding herself against the door in a desperate effort to keep the monster outside the room. Pound pushed his sister towards the window and opened it.

“Let’s go,” the colt told his sister pushing her out of the window and onto the metal platform outside.

Seeing that her children were headed for safety, Cup moved away from the door as it was knocked inwards with great force pinning Cup under it. Cup tried to lift her body and slide the door off of her body, but a tremendous weight pushed her back down. A scaly hand landed next to her a few inches from the door and the Lizard lowered it’s head to get a look at it’s trapped prey.

“Like a rat,” it growled, breathing heavily on the earth pony under the door. Cup’s eyes watered at the stench of it’s breath.

“Please just let my children go,” Cup pleaded, tears forming in her eyes.

“But they looked ssso tasssty,” the Lizard replied, grinning.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to mess with kids?” a familiar voice spoke, drawing the beast’s attention. Pinkie stood in the window, arrow at the ready, a knot on her head from where she hit the wall.

The Lizard growled in frustration. “I kil-” the creature began, but was interrupted by an arrow lodging itself in the back of her throat. As the beast coughed up blood it stumbled backwards, freeing Cup.

“Cup come on!” Pinkie shouted urgently. Cup stared at Pinkie in confusion for a moment before she remembered the danger she was in and making a dash for the window. “Get to the ground, the twins are waiting on the other side of the street,” Pinkie informed.

“Okay.” Cup said as she climbed out of the house and started down the fire escape, stopping for just a second. “You aren’t a travel agent are you?” she asked.

“It’s complicated, now get to your kids,” Pinkie instructed, readying another arrow as her enemy recovered. Cup nodded and continued down the stairs and out of danger.

The Lizard finally spit the arrow out of it’s mouth and turned to the archer, rage in it’s eyes. “Why do you mammalsss alwaysss attack me in the throat?!” it roared in anger.

“We want you to keep your mouth shut. Your breath reeks,” Pinkie replied as she fired again, this time aiming for the Lizard’s eye. “I am curious though, why attack a bakery? Didn’t you start off taking on an entire police force?” she asked, hoping to get a little of the beast’s motives.

“I only followed the ssscent of my greatessst challenge,” it replied, approaching Pinkie slowly. The Lizard had no intention of being stuck with another bomb.

Pinkie leaped into the building and past the Lizard, her intention to keep herself from getting on T.V. when the press showed up. The Lizard swiped at Pinkie, narrowly missing cleaving off the mare’s head. She then charged through the wrecked doorway and back into the house. “Follow the leader scaly,” she called as she fired another flashbang. The Lizard followed Pinkie out of the room to avoid being blinded again.

“Annoying mammal,” the beast growled as it lunged at Pinkie. Pinkie dodged to the right and stabbed a regular arrow into the Lizard’s foot. “RAAAAHHHH!” the Lizard roared in annoyance, swiping it’s injured foot at the offending mare, pinning her against the floor and severing the strap to her quiver, scattering the arrows. “Now die!”

Pinkie struggled as the Lizard applied more pressure to her throat. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a flashbang arrow within reach and grabbed at it. By the time Pinkie was able to get a grip on the shaft of the arrow, she was turning blue from a lack of air. Acting fast she jammed the end of the arrow against the reptile’s arm. The tip of the arrow ignited, blinding both combatants.

The Lizard stumbled again, falling backwards down the stairs. Pinkie stumbled blindly, gasping for air. The Lizards flailing tail swept her off of her feet and down the stairs after the Lizard. They landed in a heap in the bakery.

The Lizard was the first to recover, grunting in discomfort as the sound of sirens arrived outside of the bakery. Pinkie was stumbling to get up, still disoriented from the flash bang. Her sight seemed to be returning, but she still had a loud ringing in her ears, distracting her from the shadow looming over her.

The Lizard swung its claws at the disoriented mare, just as she heard the window to the front of the store shatter. Whipping around the beast came face to foot with Spider-Mare as the hero kicked the beast over the counter of the bakery.

“You picked the wrong bakery,” Scootaloo said threateningly, her voice slightly muffled by the sock over her head. Her line of sight was drawn to the pony the Lizard had been attacking. Pinkie? What the hay is she doing here?

Pinkie shook her head and looked to her rescuer. “Thanks for the save,” the earth pony said thankfully as she picked herself up, rubbing her ears in discomfort.

“Not a problem,” Scootaloo said in a slightly deeper voice. “I’ll take it from here.”

Pinkie gave the younger mare a quizzical look. “You sick or something your voice sounds weird. And why are you wearing a sock on your head?” the pink pony questioned.

“I-” before Scootaloo could explain the Lizard started picking itself up. “I’ve got this, just get out,” she told Pinkie.

“Hey your the civilian. I’m supposed to tell you that,” she complained, as the Lizard began to recover. “I might need you on this though. Keep it distracted while I get my bow. Hope I didn’t use my last incendiary arrow,” Pinkie commented before taking off for the stairs.

“I… ummm… Incendiary?” Scootaloo asked, bewildered by the change in her friends personality.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the reptile moving towards Pinkie. “Hey, this is our fight,” she said as she shot a pair of webs at it's legs and leaped over the reptile, yanking the lines and tripping the Lizard. Scootaloo landed on the wall separating the kitchen and the dining room and prepared for the Lizard’s attack.

The Lizard growled in annoyance. “Annoying mammalsss,” it hissed as it turned on Spider-Mare. Swiping one of the tables at the wall crawler. Scootaloo leaped over the table and was caught in mid air by the Lizards tail sending her through the wall and into the kitchen. Scootaloo landed on one of the ovens with a loud bang and grunted in pain.

The Lizard approached it’s prey with caution. “Isss that all?” it asked, grinning at the thought of victory. “Isss thisss the end of Ssspider-Mare?”

Scootaloo then leaped off of the stove and shot webs at the beast’s mouth covering it. She held onto the ends of the lines, forming a makeshift harness. “Anyone ever tell you your breath reeks?” Scootaloo asked as she started pulling up on her handmade reigns. The Lizard let out a muffled roar of rage as it threw itself against the ovens to try and dislodge it’s passenger.

Scootaloo held on as long as she could before she was tossed against the oven in the back corner. As the reptile approached Scootaloo saw Pinkie appear in the hole in the wall, bow in hoof and an arrow with a red glow aimed at the beast.

That won’t be enough, Scootaloo thought as the Lizard placed a foot on the oven causing it to bend under the weight. The door popped open and Scootaloo saw the gunked up pilot light she’d forgotten to fix. “Thank Celestia for a distracting week,” Scootaloo said. She punched the pilot light, just as the Lizard was about to take a bite out of her. The broken pipe started spewing out the flammable gas it contained.

The Lizard’s sensitive glands picked up the smell and it started coughing trying to rid itself of the foul taste. Scootaloo rolled under the reptile.

“Do it now!” she shouted at Pinkie as the wall crawler jumped at her. Pinkie let the arrow go and was immediately tackled away from the kitchen be Scootaloo.

The Lizard had just gotten away from the oven as the arrow stuck to the inside of the oven. The reptile’s eyes widened in fear as it caught on. Before it could do more than stumble an inch backwards the arrow exploded igniting the gas and creating a bigger blast.

Scootaloo and Pinkie dove to the ground in the dining room. Fire had begun to spread as the last of the flames spread to the wood in the walls.

Scootaloo picked herself up and stared at the fire in the kitchen. “That could have gone better,” she said as she watched the fire spread over her home. Scootaloo heard Pinkie groaning on the ground. “Okay time to go then. Are you okay to walk?” Scootaloo asked, concerned.

Pinkie rubbed her head as she sat up. “What?” she asked, rubbing her ears.

“I said we need to go,” Scootaloo repeated.

“Holy crap this place is on fire. We gotta get outta here,” the pink mare said looking at Scootaloo.

Scootaloo looked at Pinkie annoyed. “That’s what I- Nevermind,” she said as she helped Pinkie to her feet and towards the door. Scootaloo walked over to the busted out window as the fire spread around them. She tossed Pinkie out and was about to follow when she heard a heavy footstep behind her.

Scootaloo whipped around to see a very angry and very burnt Lizard charging at her. Scootaloo jumped and stuck to the ceiling as the reptile slid to a stop beneath her and started swiping at her, gouging the roof as Scootaloo avoided the attacks.

“Wow, you are persistent,” Scootaloo commented as she leaped at her opponent and punched the beast in the face. The Lizard recovered quickly and grabbed Scootaloo in midair, slamming her onto the floor. “I don’t suppose we can take this outside, where we won’t burn alive?” she asked.

“RAAAAHHHH!” The Lizard roared in Scootaloo’s face.

“Didn’t think so,” Scootaloo said as she started searching for an escape. She noticed a support beam above the Lizard, weakened by the fire. Scootaloo pushed against the Lizard as hard as she could and got a hand loose. She shot a web at the beam and pulled it down on top of the Lizard’s head. The rest of the ceiling caved in along with some of the furniture from the living room upstairs.

The reptile roared in pain as it clutched it’s head.

/////////////////////////////////

The Lizard’s control had been shaken by the blow to the head. It could feel Cheerilee starting to fight for control, but disoriented like this she was starting to overcome the Lizard.

I won’t let you hurt anypony else. This stops now, the mare said as she started backing away from Scootaloo.

“Doctor Cheerilee?” the younger mare called. Noticing the uncharacteristic retreat of the reptile, while it was winning. “Is that you?”

“N-Nooo. I will not be contained,” the Lizard said in a pained voice.

“I hope you can forgive me for the headache doc,” Scootaloo said as she jumped at the Lizard kicking it in the face. The reptile tried to swipe her claws at the hero, but Cheerilee started fighting again and distracted the creature. Scootaloo attacked again, easily dodging the beast’s counterattack thanks to Cheerilee. Scootaloo kept punching and kicking the the Lizard until it was against a wall.

Scootaloo delivered one last punch, sending the Lizard into the wall with force. The impact caused the ceiling above them to collapse. Scootaloo prepared to catch the weight, but was surprised when the Lizard caught it first, holding it up higher.

“Doc?” Scootaloo asked.

“Y-Yesss, but I’m ssstarting to change back. We have to move,” Cheerilee hissed in the Lizard’s voice. NOOOOOOO!!! the reptile roared in the back of her mind.

Scootaloo started moving towards the exit and looked back at Cheerilee. “Come on!” she shouted.

Cheerilee dropped the weight off of her shoulders and started running towards Scootaloo, her body already shrinking. Scootaloo grabbed onto the half sized Lizard and jumped through the fire covering the Window she’d come in through.

Once outside Scootaloo flopped onto her back exhausted. Next to her Cheerilee finished reverting back to her pony form, the screams of the Lizard pushed to the back of her mind as she breathed calmly. Once she was done, Cheeilee opened her eyes and a shocked look appeared on her face. Curious Scootaloo turned to see what was so surprising.

Everypony who lived nearby, as well as dozens of cops with their weapons drawn stared back at them, bewildered. A few of the police approached with their weapons on Cheerilee.

“Hey wa-” Scootaloo began.

“It’s okay,” Cheerilee interrupted. “I’m only containing the Lizard. It’s still in me and still a threat. This is for the best Sc- uh… Spider-Mare,” Cheerilee corrected herself.

Scootaloo looked from the cops to Cheerilee, but said nothing as they pulled her up off of the ground and started reading her rights.

////////////////////////////////////////

Dinky arrived at a scene of chaos completely out of breath. The first thing she saw was Spider Mare talking to the cops. Then her eyes were drawn to the smoking bakery and the fire fighters putting out the remaining embers. “What did I miss?” she asked herself. She noticed the police ponies walking away with Cheerilee towards a squad car and walked up to them. “Cheerilee?” she asked, hoping she could finally see her teacher again.

Cheerilee turned as much as she could from the grip of the stallion guiding her to the squad car. The purple mare smiled at her student. “Yeah it’s me,” she answered.

The cop looked between the two mares. “We can spare one minute,” he said, keeping a hand on Cheerilee’s arm.

Dinky nodded and looked at her former teacher. “Is it… gone?” she asked, unsure how to word her question.

“No, but I’m keeping it caged now. It does take most of my concentration,” Cheerilee explained. “I’m going to miss working with you Dinky,” she continued, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Dinky blinked back a few tears of her own. “But you’ll get out eventually right?” she asked.

“Maybe, but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I’d have to be cured before I’m fit to live among the rest of the population,” the doctor said. Dinky choked back a sob. “Hey don’t cry now. This is a good ending. Plus there’s a superhero that I think you should thank,” Cheerilee tilted her head towards Spider-Mare. “Take care Dinky,” Cheerilee said, nodding to the officer who returned the nod and led Cheerilee to his squad car. Dinky looked at Scootaloo as the cops walked away and approached. Dinky took out a notebook from her bag and shoved it into her friends hooves. “Sign that so I just look like a fan,” she said, pulling out a pen as well.

“Uh right, so who’s this for,” Scootaloo said loud enough for anypony nearby to hear.

“I don’t care. So are you okay?” Dinky asked. Scootaloo just tilted her head to the left, towards Cheerilee. Next to the police car a pair of cops were talking with a pair of stallions who looked like secret agents and seemed to be very annoyed. But Dinky was paying more attention to the mare in the back of the car.

“It doesn’t feel like I changed anything,” Scootaloo said sadly.

Cheerilee sat in the car, smiling as though she had just won the lottery. As though sensing she was being watched she turned to Dinky and waved. “You did though. You stopped the Lizard without hurting Cheerilee. You’re definitely a hero,” Dinky argued, waving back at her teacher. “Why is she being arrested though?”

“Because it’s what she wanted. She said the Lizard is still a danger and needs to be locked up,” Scootaloo explained sadly. “But you’re right. We did beat the Lizard and I should be proud of that,” Scootaloo reminded herself.

“We?” Dinky asked.

Scootaloo looked at Pinkie in the back of an ambulance, being treated by a paramedic. “I got a little help,” she explained, figuring Pinkie wanted her secret agent status to stay secret.

“So that’s it then. The Lizard got beaten and Cheerilee is still going to jail,” Dinky said, more to herself.

“I’m sorry,” Scootaloo said. “I wanted to help her, but it’s what she wanted.”

“Then it’s probably for the best,” Dinky said smiling softly as the suited ponies the cops had been talking to commandeered the squad car and drove off. Dinky raised an eyebrow at this. “Hey did you-”

“I think I heard someone say they’re from the C.I.A.,” a cheery voice said. Pinkie joined Dinky and the super hero.

Dinky became flustered at being caught talking to Scootaloo in costume. “Thank you for the autograph,” Dinky said a bit louder than necessary as she trotted away, intending to talk to Scootaloo later.

“No… problem…” Scootaloo trailed off. Turning to Pinkie she opened her mouth to say thank you, but was interrupted.

“Save the thanks. I was just doing my job. You on the other hoof are a civilian and should leave this to the professionals,” Pinkie reprimanded, doing a bad job of being serious.

“Sorry no can do,” Scootaloo replied.

Pinkie gave the masked mare a hard look. “Meh, I tried,” she said immediately giving up.

Scootaloo looked at the knot on Pinkie’s forehead and winced. “You gonna be okay?”

“Oh I’ll be fine. Might need hearing aids from all those explosions, but it was worth it to save the day right?” She asked, recalling that she was supposed to try to recruit Spider-Mare. “Ummm… yeah so…” Pinkie began unsure how to ask.

“Yeah?” Scootaloo pressed.

Pinkie thought for a moment before answering. “Nevermind. It can wait for another time. Stay safe,” she said as she turned around to walk away.

“Soooo, see ya around I guess?” Scootaloo called after her.

Pinkie turned. “I’ll see ya at breakfast kiddo. Meet me and the Cakes at that all day breakfast place on fifth,” the mare said happily as she continued walking.

Scootaloo just stood there stunned. How the buck did she figure out who I am?

Author's Note:

And thus a conclusion to The Terrifying Lizard's rampage. I'll be wrapping up the rest of this story next chapter which will be coming in the next few days along with a Credit list, giving thanks to all the people who contributed to this story. I'll then be returning to work on The Invincible Iron Mare and pretty soon beginning my third story. So be on the look out for TWILIGHT SPARKLE: PRINCESS OF THUNDER. Thanks for reading and see you next time

Stay tuned.