• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 5,462 Views, 114 Comments

The Lost Alicorn - RainbowFlash96

  • ...
19
 114
 5,462

Friends

"Hey Princess what's up?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Rainbow Dash, if you don't mind I'd rather tell you all at the same time. You are welcome to stay in the throne room until everyone arrives."

"Y-yeah...sure... okay I'll...see you later then..?"

"Follow me." One of the servants said to Dash. She followed her as they made their way to the throne room. It was quiet, except for the crying baby dragon in the corner of the room.

"Spike? Spike is that you?"

"O-oh h-hey Dash, *sniffle* what's up?"

"Whoa are you alright Spike? You look terrible." Spike got up and crossed the room to Rainbow Dash. He looked up at her, the look on his face was so sad that Rainbow felt the need to hug him. She still had no idea what could be wrong, but if Spike was crying it couldn't have been good.

"Spike, what happened?"

"I think the Princess wants everypony here before she says anything."

"Spike, it could be hours before anypony else gets here. Do you want me to just wach you cry for the rest of the time? Shouldn't I at least know?"

"But... Rainbow... you don't want to know."

"Spike tell me."

"But the princess told me not to..."

"I Pinkie promise I won't tell her you told me."

"....Alright. Pinkie Promise me though."

Dash grinned. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"Okay... Dash... Twilight-"

"DID I HEAR A PINKIE PROMISE!!??" Dash and Spike scanned the room for the voice. They knew exactly who it was, but they couldn't see her. Suddenly a pink pony appeared right behind them and tapped on their shoulders. They both jumped a little.

"Pinkie! How did you get here so fast?"

"Well duh.... You made a Pinkie Promise!"

"Wait... that doesn't even make sense." Spike said

"She's Pinkie, she doesn't have to make sense." Rainbow explained with a grin from Pinkie.

"So whats this huge secret you are hiding?" Pinkie asked.

Spike sighed, "Did you get a letter from the Princess today Pinkie?"

"Yes-sir-e!"

"Okay she didn't want me to tell you but I think you have the right to know."

"GASP! you are going behind the Princess' back!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"SSSHHH!!!" Dash scolded her. Pinkie apologized and zippered her mouth up, locked it, and threw away the key.

"Okay... Twilight's--"

"It's alright everypony, Rarity's here now!" Rarity exclaimed as she entered the room.

"UUGGG I might as well wait till everypony gets here!" Dash exclaimed as she rolled her eyes.

Rarity walked over to the group and gave them all big hugs.

"Oh how I've missed you all!"

"We missed you to Rarity!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Yeah I missed you t-"

"SPIKEY WIKEY!!!!" She engulfed Spike in the biggest hug she could. "How has my favorite baby dragon been doing!?"

"Um I'm...." She put him down and got a good look at him.

"Spike are you alright? Have you been crying?"

"Yes, and he was just about to tell me why before you came in." Dash explained.

"I think the Princess wants to tell you..."

"AW Come on! Please Spike."

"Really it's better if you hear it from her..."

"Alright Spike, we'll honor your choice. Right Dash?" Rarity questioned. Dash just rolled her eyes.

"Thank you."

It was only about ten more minutes before the Princess cam back in, followed by Fluttershy.

"FLUTTERSHY!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Fluttershy flinched from the volume of Pinkie's voice but went to hug her friends.

"Princess what's going on?" Dash asked.

"Rainbow Dash, if you will, I would like to wait till everypony is here. Just... try and stay happy." Dash looked at the Princess questioningly but did not say anything. "I must go back now, the rest of your friends should be arriving soon."

They all watched as the Princess walked back out the door.

"She seemed upset." Rarity inquired.

"Yeah... she probably feels terrible." Spike said.

They tried to pass the time by talking. Dash had many stories about the Wonderbolts, and Rarity had some stories about the type of people who shop in her boutique. Pinkie talked about the Cakes and Fluttershy talked about her animals. This seemed to help pass the time.

Spike was still very quiet, he would give the occasional smile but not much more. Rarity saw how Spike was acting and went to sit next to him, and embraced him in a hug. He hugged back and began to silently cry.

Spike was crying against Rarity when Applejack walked in.

"HOWDY EVERYPONY!"

All of them, excluding Spike and Rarity went up to greet her. Applejack was in a good mood until she caught a glance of Spike and Rarity. She went over to them.

"Oh hello Applejack.How have you been?" Rarity asked

"F-fine. What's wrong Spike?"

"O-oh.. n-nothing. I-im f-f-fine."

"Are you sure-" She was cut off by the sound of the doors opening. In walked Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Shining Armor and Twilight's parents.

Princess Celestia looked at Spike. She felt the same way, she just wanted to break down and cry.

"Thank you everypony for being here." Celestia began. "I'm very sorry we have to meet like this."

She paused. She didn't know how to say it. How could she tell all these ponies that their beloved friend, sister, daughter...was dead? She looked at her sister, hoping she would say it. No. No it was her job, she had to tell them. Celestia sat down, she knew she would not be able to stand while saying this. The ponies followed and sat down. She looked down as she began.

"It.. breaks my heart to say this... I'm so very sorry........... Twilight's dead" She looked up at the stunned faces of Twilight's friends and family.

"NO.... NO THATS NOT POSSIBLE!!!" Dash exclaimed

"I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, but she is." Luna explained.

They all started to cry. All of Twilight's friends came together and hugged. Twilight's family did the same. Celestia and Luna embraced each other. After some time, Twilight's mother spoke up.

"C-can.. can we say goodbye?" she asked.

"If you wish." Celestia got up and made her way to Twilight's room, all of the other ponies followed. Celestia stopped in front of the door, she did not wish to see her again. Luna and Spike stood beside her while the others went in.

They all surrounded the bed and just starred at it, nopony could move. Finally, Pinkie lifted the covers and looked at what was left of Twilight.

"C'mon Twi wake up." There was no response so she shook her. "Twilight wake up... please" Everyone started to cry again.

"Pinkie..." Applejack siad, "She's not going to wake up.."

She looked at the unmoving body and bagan to cry. He hair deflated and Applejack went to give her a big hug.

"Twilight, ah know we've had some good time. I wish we spent more time together, that's mah only regret. Ah'll miss you." Applejack said. She looked at Twilight one more time until she left the room, with her head hanging.

"Twilight. I wish you were still here. I'll miss you." Dash explained as she followed Applejack out.

"I'll miss you Twilight, but you're in a better place now." Fluttershy said.

"Goodbye Twilight. I'll take good care of Spike. Don't worry darling." Rarity said.

"Bye Twilight. I hope they have good parties where you are." Pinkie suggested as she walked out the door.

That left only Twilight's family. Cadence said her goodbyes and left Shining to be with his sister... one last time.

"Goodbye sis. I'll always be your B.B.B.F.F." he said with a smile. He kissed his sister and walked out the door.

Twilight's parents looked at their daughter. They embraced each other and cried.

"Why... Why did she do this?" Her mother wondered.

"I don't know. I wish she hadn't, I miss her so much."

"Goodbye Twilight. I will always love you." Her mother said and kissed her head.

They both walked out of the room and gathered by every pony else.

"Princess.. do you know why?"

"I'm sorry I have no idea why she would do such a thing. She was fine last night."

"U-um if you don't mind me asking... how?" Fluttershy asked hesitantly.

"Remember when King Sombra ruled over the Crystal Empire? He used very dark magic, this magic was banned from Equestria. She made herself mortal again and killed herself with a spell Sombra himself made up."

"What do we do now?" Shining Armor asked.

"Luna has already started planning... you are all welcome to stay in the castle for as long as you want. You can come talk to me whenever, if you would like."

"Thank you Princess."


The pond once again quivered and showed Twilight her reflection. Twilight laid down and cried for hours.

"Twilight...." The voice said.

She didn't answer it, she just kept crying.

"Twilight... I know this is hard but you must learn to live with the decision you have made."

"I-I know."

She laid there and thought things over as she waited for the pond to once again show her friends.

Author's Note:

It was the strangest thing, but while i was writing this I began to cry. I knew exactly where I was going with this but it still made me teary eyed. It sounds cheesy I know but It was kinda sad.