• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 5,461 Views, 114 Comments

The Lost Alicorn - RainbowFlash96

  • ...
19
 114
 5,461

Equestria

Twilight was still sobbing as she continued to stare into the pond. She did not know why she was tormenting herself. She finally looked away, there was still time before her friends would be in Canterlot.

"Twilight..." The voice said.

"This is terrible... I should never have had done this. I have ruined everypony's lives."

"Yes, that was not wise of you." The voice began, "However, what's done is done. There is no going back."

"Are you absolutely sure there is no way of getting back?"

"I am 98% sure there is no way of getting back." That caught Twilight's attention.

"Wait? There is a way back!!??"

"I am not sure. I am sorry I do not know."

"If there's a will, there's a way!"

"Very optimistic for a princess that just committed magic suicide..."

"Sorry, that was out of line. I apologize." The voice quickly saved himself/herself. Twilight couldn't really tell, it sounded like a mare, but with a hint of stallion.

"That's alright I forgive you." Twilight looked back into the pond but she could no longer see anything, just her reflection. "Wait, what happened?"

"Hmm.... It seems the pond only shows you what is going on when something important is occurring. Interesting."

"So now what are we going to do?" Twilight asked.

"I do not know I have never been here before."

Twilight sighed, she was really bored. She wish she could just read a book or something. Almost if called, wait she did call, a book suddenly appeared right in front of her. She did a double take, where in the whole wide world of Equestria could this book have come from?

She looked at the cover, there was no title. She turned to the title page, or what should have been the title page. There was no title at all on this mysterious book.

"Of course, " Twilight mumbled sarcastically, "a book with no title. How surprising."

She flipped to the first page, with words, and read the chapter title.

The Beginning of Equestria

"Oh, that's just great, I get a book that I've already read about a hundred times!"

The voice chuckled. "I think that if you read more into it, you will find that it is much different than any book you have ever read."

That was odd, how could this voice know what this book contained? Regardless, Twilight began to read.

At first there was nothing, then there was a light. A light to lead the way through the darkness. A light to shine through the darkest night and to lead ponies to salvation.

Before there was Celestia and Luna there was another. Before Discord came, there was another. She created the light, she created the darkness. She was the one who created it all.

Her name was Lunesta...

Twilight paused. "Oh Celestia, that is probably the most ironic thing I have ever read. A pony with a terrible mash-up of Luna and Celestia!"

"Keep reading.." The voice said. Twilight quickly thought of the look that that voice would be giving her right now... a death stare.

...she was not from this world. She was from a place that is no longer known to the ponies of today. She was lonely however, and longed for company.

She created many animals and plants, she created night and day, she even created the oceans and the land. She was still sad though, she wanted friends, companions. That is when she created the pony.

She took her three distinctive traits and crated the different types of ponies. Her strength for the earth pony, her wings for the pegasus, and her magic for the unicorn. She wondered however if ponies would think of her different, so she created one other like her. She created a companion, another alicorn. His name was Shining Equestor, he helped her raise and lower the sun and the moon.

She created the cutie mark. It was to signify the special talents that different ponies had. Hers was a sun and a moon in orbit, Shining's was a half moon and half sun.

When the ponies were first introduced to this land, they fought with each other. The three species of ponies fought and fought. However, in the time of need they were able to come together, survive, and learn to coexist.

In this time, Lunesta and Shining Equestor were looked to as gods. They were dubbed Queen and King of this land. The other ponies looked up to them and came to them with problems. The Queen and King were very helpful, and after a while displayed the characteristics of true rulers: charity, compassion, devotion, integrity, optimism, and leadership.

Over the years, the land expanded, and more creatures and plants came into existence. Lunesta and Shining began to stay in one area and that soon became the capitol of the land.

As the milleniums went by, they watched friends leave this world. They became sadder and sadder, they longed for some happiness.

Then little Celestia came into the world. She was a white pegasus with a pink mane. Her parents were overjoyed, however they then realized that she, unlike them, would not live forever. They vowed to love her for all of her life.

Some years later, another little filly came: Luna. She was a little dark blue unicorn with a light blue mane. Her and Celestia got along very well. Both of the parents were so happy that, however short, they had a family. They were so proud when their little fillies got their cutie marks. Celestia's a sun and Luna's a moon.

When Celestia was almost full grown, a being known as Discord came to their land. He brought with him chaos and destruction. The battle was fierce, Discord was strong. Celestia could do nothing to help them, and Luna was still so young. All they could do was watch their parents suffer.

The battle was close to over, Lunesta and Shining were weakening. They too saw themselves close to being destroyed; once they were gone Discord would rule and destroy their children... Celestia and Luna. In a last valiant effort, Lunesta and Shining mustered all of the strength and power they had left and created elements... honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, loyalty... and magic. The Elements of Harmony. These elements would be the last way they could help Celestia and Luna.

In a blast of light, the only two known alicorn were gone. The only things that remained were two necklaces, the elements. All six elements were stored in each of the two necklaces. The two sisters wielded the elements and defeated Discord, sealing him in stone.

After the battle, the elements lit up, lifting the two sisters high in the air. With a blast of light, that could be seen across the land, they were lowered and landed on the ground. They stood before the ponies of the land. All the ponies, pegasai, earth, and unicorn, bowed at their presence. They, Celestia and Luna, had become alicorn. They would now have to take their parents places as rulers of this land.

Celestia and Luna's parents saved their lives.

They did not have time to weep, they had a nation to run. However, a proper memorial was placed at the nations capitol in memory of the two brave alicorn who gave their lives for this land. Over time, the memorial was built over, it became the cornerstone of the Canterlot Castle.

Not long after they look rule, Celestia and Luna named the land Equestria, after their parents. They also named the capitol and small towns and cities around it. Soon later, they raised the sun and moon just like their parents had done.

Many centuries later, Luna became enraged that nopony was appreciating her beautiful nights. She was overcome by evil forces and became Nightmare Moon.

The battle between the sisters was brutal. Celestia did not want to harm her sister, which left her no choice. She used the Elements of Harmony against her sister and banished her to the moon for a thousand years.

In the process of banishing Luna, the elements broke. They were no longer two necklaces, there was now six stones. Celestia, riddled with guilt and sorrow, hid the stones in a building in the Everfree forest, hoping she would never have to use them again.

The Princess bagan trying to fill the void of her lost sister by taking on personal students. It was not enough however, she was still sad. She looked up at the moon every night and talked to her sister.

It was not until the thousand years was almost up that the Princess took on another student, a purple unicorn named-

"W-What! It just stopped! There are still pages!" Twilight stared at the blank pages. A purple unicorn... that was her.

"Yes, I can asume you know what happens from there." The voice explained.

"Yes, but I would still like to read..... I never knew all of that. The Princesses had a mother... had a father. They gave their lives up for them... They must be so sad."

"Don't fret Twilight, they accepted that many years ago."

"It is still sad though. I feel so bad. They lost their parents, their friends, and now me..." Twilight began to cry.

She closed the book and went back to the pond. Rainbow Dash was there, of course. Element of Loyalty, she would be there first.

She was still watching and crying as Rainbow Dash caught site of Spike and the Princess. Their eyes puffy and red from crying....

Author's Note:

It was fun to write the beging of equestria. I thought it was an interesting take on how it was made, hope you thought so too!

Thanks again for the support!