• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 2,139 Views, 28 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Rebirth by Awakening - SonictheHedgepony



The Thirteen Warriors of Light and Harmony are on a journey to save new worlds and characters from the Heartless.

  • ...
22
 28
 2,139

Chapter Six-The Spark

Chapter Six-The Spark

The Warriors and Rulers arrived at their first new world after travelling through the Lanes Between. The first sign they saw was an actual sign that read: “WELCOME TO JASPER, NEVADA!”

“This is quite the city,” Applejack noted, looking at the expanse of the town over the horizon. “The only way we can find the Keyhole to this world is if we split up. When someone or somepony finds the Keyhole, we’ll use our Wayfinders to regroup.”

“Are you sure about that?” asked Fluttershy. Because she was in a new place, she may be confused or frightened by the new sights and characters.

“I’m afraid we’re gonna have to go with AJ on this one,” said Kairi. “This town is already big as is.”

"You guys go on," said Shiki. "I've gotta try and find Neku."

“Sounds good to me,” Twilight admitted. "Just try to be careful. Let’s begin to save the Realm of Light.” They then began to join hands and hooves together.

“In 5-4-3-2…” said Sora. They then raised them high in the air while saying a heroic catchphrase.

“We could’ve planned that better,” Rainbow Dash remarked. The group and Shiki then set off for different parts of the city, unaware that they are being followed by three muscle cars in a purple paint job, emblazoned with a demonic symbol…

Shiki then walked to a restaurant known as KO Drive-In where she saw a blue motorcycle with a futuristic looking design. She was simply awestruck by the complexity of the design.

Whoa! thought Shiki. I've seen cool motorcycles back in Shibuya, but never have I seen such a 'cycle with such a look. She then took a look around. I think the owner won't mind if I borrow this for a test drive. As she got on the motorcycle, she noticed that the interface is unlike the others in her hometown. Suddenly, she was blinded by the headlights of two of the three purple cars following them. The motorcycle suddenly jumpstarted and roared away from the cars with Shiki in tow.

Meanwhile, while the Warriors were walking towards a highway bridge, the third purple car started following them from behind. Suddenly, Pinkie has the feeling they were being followed.

“What is it, darling?” asked Rarity.

“I don’t know,” Pinkie replied. “But it feels like somebody or somepony… Here she turned around. “…WANTS TO SELL US SOMETHING!” The car that was following them was nowhere to be found.

“I think you should tone down the parties you throw all the time,” Rainbow Dash suggested. “They’re making you tense.” They then resumed walking.

“He told you she would be onto you,” said a voice from the car’s commlink. The car didn’t listen as it resumed following the ponies. Pinkie got the feeling again and turned around. She then resumed walking but at a faster pace, requiring her friends to keep up. The car then caught up and Pinkie stopped once more and at this, she can't take it anymore.

“WE’RE NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU’RE SELLING!!!” She then galloped off, with her friends trying to catch up. They then encountered the motorcycle carrying Shiki, now accompanied by a green truck and a yellow car and stopped to meet up with her. The cars that were following the Warriors then caught up with them and suddenly transformed into giant, terrifying robots, causing Fluttershy to give a frightened squeak. The three vehicles that saved Sora and his friends then transformed into robots as well, engaging the purple robots in combat.

“What in tarnation are those?” Applejack asked.

“Cars that transform into robots,” Riku replied. “Or the other way around.” After the yellow robot was beaten back, he accidentally stepped onto Rainbow Dash's wing. The damage wasn't too bad, but the temporary damage left her grounded. He looked at the ponies awkwardly and said something in incomprehensible buzzing.

“Oh, it’s no big deal,” said Fluttershy, somehow able to understand the robot’s way of speaking.

Suddenly, the yellow robot was hit by a beam of light. This beam came from a Surveillance Robot, an Emblem Heartless, where the Warriors and Autobots discovered it was being controlled by the purple robots.

“Normally, other beings can’t control Heartless,” Lea pondered. “Why them?”

“Never mind that,” said Rainbow Dash, shrugging it off. “Let’s dominate that Heartless and those robots.” The Warriors then drew out their Keyblades and engaged their targets, destroying them easily.

“I think it’s for the best that you stick with us for a little bit,” said the blue robot.

“But we’re supposed to find the Keyhole—“ Twilight began but was interrupted.

“Look,” the green robot began. “This may be hard to understand, but, not only are you the Saviors of Light Optimus Prime told us about, but you are one of the few, one of the only few, who have actually seen us.”

“Hey, Shiki!” said a familiar voice. “Where were you and what are those things you’re talking to?” This came from Neku, having finally found her partner. The yellow Autobot then buzzed in annoyance.

“He said ‘scrap,’ in case you were wondering,” Fluttershy translated.

The Warriors, Rulers, and robots were then on the road to their base. “I never knew that these things could transform into cars,” Neku remarked.

“Why are they coming with us?” asked Ven.

“Rules,” the blue robot replied. They then entered the base, which was in the form of a typical desert rock formation. Inside the base, they saw expansive technology, as well as a white robot who looks like he could turn into an ambulance.

“I thought there were thirteen,” the white robot noted.

“Haven’t you heard?” asked the blue robot. “Ponies multiply.”

“Well, if you’re robots,” Kairi pondered. “Who made you?”

“Whoa, déjà vu,” said the green robot. Suddenly, they were approached by a red and blue robot who looks like he could transform into a truck.

“I am Optimus Prime,” said the red and blue robot, then gesturing to the rest of his team. “And these are Ratchet, Bumblebee Bulkhead, and Arcee, and we are Autonomous Robotic Organisms from the planet Cybertron, also known as Autobots.”

“Well, why are you on this world?” asked Twilight.

“To protect it from the Decepticons,” Optimus replied.

“The ones who tried to kill you before,” Arcee reminded them.

“Well, why are they here?” asked Shining Armor.

“A fair question, Shining Armor,” said Optimus. “In part, they’re here because our planet is uninhabitable, ravaged by years of civil war.”

“Well, why were you fighting like bulls being taken by the horns?” asked Applejack.

“Yeah, why didn’t you settle this like civilized robots?” asked Rarity.

“For one reason,” Optimus replied. “For control of our world’s supply of Energon, the fuel, ammunition, and lifeblood of our race, both Autobots and Decepticons alike. “In the beginning, I fought alongside someone whom I considered a friend, but in war ideals can be corrupted, and it was then that Megatron lost his way.”

“Looks like you’ll be doing a research paper on the Cybertronian War,” Spike remarked, having taken notes on the Cybertronians and their history on the War.

“So, why are you involving us?” asked Aqua.

“Usually, this is a conflict between us,” Optimus answered. “But, if the Heartless are involved, as I suspect, it may be catastrophic.”

Meanwhile, at a location where Energon is being mined, Starscream, a Decepticon who was overseeing the process, was approached by Megatron.

“Starscream,” the leader of the Decepticons began. “I have been scouring a different world and I discovered someone who has the ability to create this.” He then fetched out a crystal which is black as night. “Behold, Starscream, for this is Black Energon.”

“It’s been fortold in the Entries of Iacon that it’s the complete opposite to the Blood of Unicron,” Starscream noted. “For it has the power to transform us into Heartless.”

“Yes,” Megatron confirmed. “And I brought along someone to test it out.” Two Vehicons then approached Megatron with a gurney holding a restrained Cliffjumper, one of the Autobots. Then, a mysterious figures in a black coat, stepped in toward Megatron and Starscream.

“Consider it, a test subject of my new ability,” the figure said in a villainous tone…

“…And now that you know about what’s going on,” Optimus concluded. “We have no doubts that Megatron may be targeting you in order to stop you from sealing the Keyhole to this world.”

“Actually, we were looking around this world to find it,” Lea began. “So, I think we should take our leave and resume our search.”

“Please,” Optimus begged. “You should stay with us so we can protect you and help you in your search.”

“Alright, you can help us out,” said Twilight. “I mean, the more the merrier.” Suddenly, they were startled by a mysterious alarm.

“What in tarnation is that!?” asked Applejack. Bumblebee buzzed something in response.

“Proximity sensor,” Fluttershy translated. “Someone’s at both entrances.”

“It’s Jack and June Darby, alongside Miko, Raf, and Agent Fowler,” Ratchet monitored.

“I thought we were the only ones to know about you,” Sora said.

“Jack Darby, Miko Nakadai, and Rafael Esquivel are our human allies and are guarded by Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee, respectively,” Optimus explained.

“June Darby is the mother of Jack and Special Agent William Fowler is our designated liaison between the outside world, visiting only when there are issues. It’s probably for the better that you don’t meet them at this time.” The Warriors and Rulers followed Optimus’ wish and found a safe hiding spot from their human allies.

“Optimus, we need your help and we don’t know who else to turn to,” said June. “My son and his friends were under attack by creatures that look black in nature.”

“Those creatures are known as Heartless,” Optimus explained. “Heartless are creatures whose hearts have succumbed to the darkness and seek out other hearts to consume. And now, they are trying to corrupt this world as well.”

“Well, how does that explain how an eyewitness saw seven other civilians with eight multicolored equines playing with swords shaped like keys fighting alongside a motorcycle and truck of unknown make and model and a black and yellow custom muscle car?” asked Agent Fowler. As the Autobots’ liaison, he wants to make sure that the Autobot-Decepticon conflict is kept away from public eyes.

“Those are wielders of the legendary Keyblade, the key-shaped weapon meant to save this world and others from darkness. They are here to seal the Keyhole to this world, which contains the heart of the world," Optimus continued. "Should the Heartless consume that heart, that world would be destroyed, forever lost to the darkness. And if the Heartless are under the command of the Decepticons, they may no doubt use them for their own dire agenda.”

Meanwhile, Cliffjumper tried to escape his restraints, to no avail. Megatron then approached him with the shard of Black Energon.

“Behold, Autobot,” Megatron said in a menacing tone. “The power of BLACK ENERGON!” He then thrusted the crystal into Cliffjumper’s spark chamber and at that very moment, he lost his spark and suddenly transformed into a murky creature having the same features as the Pureblood Heartless, but cybernetic. He then dissolved from his restraints and consumed a Vehicon’s spark, transforming that Decepticon into a Cybertronian Heartless and the captured spark transforming the Sparkless of Cliffjumper into an Emblem Sparkless.

“That’s what he told you, your Highness?” Starscream asked the hooded figure. “Transform Autobots into Heartless so they can take our sparks?”

“That is no longer an Autobot,” said the hooded figure. “It’s now a Sparkless, which has the same goal as the Heartless, but consume the sparks of others. Now you see the effects of my power. And now that Cliffjumpers spark signature is now offline, as Lord Megatron predicted, the Warriors, as well as the Autobots, will come.”

Back at the base, the Autobots’ computer beeped as something disappeared from the screen.

“This computer needs to be fixed,” Ratchet grumbled.

“What is it now, DocBot?” asked Bulkhead.

“Cliffjumpers life signal just went offline, BUT his Energon signal remains, albeit corrupted,” said Ratchet.

“Ratchet, you got to send us to him, make sure he’s alright,” Arcee begged.

“Alright, I’ll type in his Energon coordinates,” Ratchet assured. He then typed in something and pulled a lever. On the very end of the Autobot base, something whirred and a circular tunnel with no end started glowing.

“Ratchet, prepare the sick bay,” Optimus requested. “We may need it. Warriors, come out. We need all the help we can get.” The Warriors and Rulers exchanged glances, knowing what would happen if the human allies saw them. Reluctantly, they got out of their hiding spot to approach the Autobots.

“Harboring ponies!?” Agent Fowler said in a shocked tone. “Team Prime has seriously derailed this time around. Wait, don’t tell me. Now you own a petting zoo?” Bumblebee buzzed something to the Warriors and Rulers.

“He says to summon our Keyblades to make him understand why we’re here,” Fluttershy translated. Indeed, the fifteen Keyblade wielders summoned their Keyblades.

“Okay, can someone explain what’s going on?” asked Jack.

“These are the Thirteen Warriors of Light and Harmony,” Optimus said, gesturing to the aforementioned Keyblade wielders. “And these are the Crystal Rulers.” He then gestured to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. “They are here to help us with the Decepticons and the Heartless. Please understand this, Agent Fowler: they are our best, possibly only, hope against the latter threat.”

“Very well then, Prime,” Agent Fowler complied. “Just remember to keep your actions under the radar.”

“Alright, let’s go rescue this Cliffjumper you speak of,” Shining Armor said in determination.

“Shining Armor, I said the Warriors would help us out, nothing more,” Optimus said to him. “But you and Princess Cadence shall serve as our communications and transportation hub. Autobots and Warriors, roll out!” The Autobots transformed into their respective vehicle modes and drove, while the Warriors ran alongside them, and in an instant, they disappeared within the vortex.

“What happened to them?” Shining Armor asked. He wanted to make sure his little sister and her friends were alright. “I transported them to their designated location via the Ground Bridge,” Ratchet explained.

“What’s a Ground Bridge?” Princess Cadence then asked.

“It’s only a scaled down version of Space Bridge technology," explained Ratchet. "Since we don’t have the means or the Energon needed for interstellar travel…”

“They’re stuck here on Earth,” Raf finished. “Yes, but I made the Ground Bridge from scratch and can allow travel from here to anywhere on Earth.” “Well, that’s quite the ride,” Shiki commented. "Do you think you can reset it to send me and Neku back to Shibuya?" "Alright, if you say so," said Ratchet. He then typed in the coordinates for Shibuya and the Ground Bridge started glowing again.

"Shining Armor, tell Twilight that if she wants to see us again, tell her to visit us in Shibuya one day," said Shiki. Shining Armor nodded his head in agreement and with that, Neku and Shiki went through the portal back to their hometown.

Meanwhile, the Autobots and Warriors arrived at the Energon mine where the Decepticons are currently mining Energon crystals.

“So, this is the Energon mine you told us about,” Applejack noticed. “And the ‘Cons are mining the Energon like buckin’ apples off their trees.”

“Let’s keep it down while we search for Cliffjumper,” Twilight suggested. “Optimus did say that Autobots and their comrades move swiftly and-this goes for you too, Pinkie-silently.” All of a sudden, Surveillance Robots and Hot Rods, a car-shaped Emblem Heartless, appeared, impeding the Energon harvest. Pinkie gasped at the sight.

“This is terrible,” Pinkie said in shock. “A Heartless like that shouldn’t be in a cave. It should be on the road.” Twilight and her friends then glanced at her.

“Alright, let’s break this down,” Twilight instructed. “There are too many enemies to fight so we’re going to split up into separate groups. Autobots, you handle your enemies while we handle ours. Thirteen Warriors of Light and Harmony, summon your Keyblades and keep your light burning strong!”

“Are you sure you have thirteen Keyblade wielders?” Spike asked. Twilight counted her comrades and discovered that Rainbow Dash was missing.

“Where’s Rainbow Dash?” she asked. They then heard laser blasts and saw that Rainbow was already trying to find Cliffjumper, while slicing her way through Heartless and Vehicon troopers.

“That’s Rainbow Dash for those ruffians,” said Rarity in an annoyed tone. “Let’s try to catch up with her and find Cliffjumper.” She then got out and was nearly blasted by laser until she decked back. She had a frightened look on her face, like she nearly had her life flash before her eyes. “But first, let’s deal with the Heartless and Decepticons,” she reassured her friends.

Meanwhile in another part of the caves, Megatron was walking alongside the Decepticon physician Knock Out and his partner Breakdown.

“So, what do you think of our new recruit?” asked Megatron.

“Well, I like how he uses his powers to create his own form of Energon out of nothing,” Knock Out admired. “But who is he, really?”

“His name is—“ Megatron was cut off by laser sounds coming from the tunnel of the caves. The Heartless and Vehicons were running away from Rainbow Dash, who was already flying around for Cliffjumper. “What in the pits of Kaon is that!?” Megatron was bewildered at the sight of a colorful flying pony that he demanded answers.

“It must be one of those Keyblade wielders he told us about,” Breakdown responded. Knowing Megatron, he wants to make sure he’s obeyed, or else.

“Well, in that case, take that thing down!” Megatron commanded. Breakdown then brought out his trusty shoulder gun and aimed it at Rainbow, who already discovered Cliffjumper and was about to use her Wayfinder to summon her friends to her, but was knocked out of the sky by Breakdown’s gun, plummeting her to the ground until she was caught and held captive by some awaiting Vehicons.

“What are you, flying pony?” Megatron asked.

“Well, for one thing, you must be Megatron, leader of the Decepticons,” Rainbow said. “Weird, I thought you’d be taller.” Megatron was infuriated by this comment and was about to kill her until Twilight Sparkle’s Keyblade hit the Vehicon holding her captive, causing him to release his grip on her, resulting in Megatron killing his own lackey instead.

“Don’t fire upon them,” said a mysterious voice. It came from the hooded figure, who jumped off a platform to greet the Warriors and Autobots. “So, you have the decency to look me in the eye, after taking MY Empire from me?” Twilight remembered the sound of his voice and the emphasis on ‘my.’

“King Sombra?” Twilight suspected. Indeed, when the figure removed his hood, he was indeed King Sombra, indicated by his curved horn and purple mist emanating from the corners of his eyes.

“Surprised?” asked the evil king. “Thought you’d never see me again, hm?”

“You-you’re behind this attack?” Twilight asked.

“Of course,” Sombra replied. “You didn’t think that the Blood of Unicron had the power to create Heartless. It only has the power to bring Autobots and Decepticons back to life as undead Terrorcons.”

“But, you-you died,” Twilight noted. “We were there. We saw it happen!”

“Well, not quite dead,” Sombra assured her. “Let’s just say that after your brother and his wife overthrew me—“

“Overthrew you?” asked a bewildered Twilight. “They—“

“OVERTHREW ME,” Sombra boomed, angered that he was interrupted. “My remnants were discovered by an old friend of Master Xehanort, who reconstructed me with a new magic spell, one that allows me to create Heartless from scratch.”

“You died. The blast from the Crystal Heart killed you,” Twilight continued. “You weren’t able to escape its power. You can’t be King Sombra.”

“I assure you I am,” the King said.

“A pony of royalty would never turn traitor to his own kind!” Twilight shouted.

“Well, it’s amazing how things change that way,” Sombra said. “Once I was the King of the Crystal Empire, now I am one of the few who can command the whole of the Heartless.”

“You’re delusional!” Twilight gritted between her teeth.

“Maybe,” said the King. “But I shall complete Xehanort’s goal.” “Tell me: why are you here?”

“Cliffjumper!” shouted Arcee, noticing her comrade on one of the makeshift platforms of the Energon harvest.

Author's Note:

I figured that this would be similar to the premiere of Transformers: Prime, not to mention the fact that I thought the Black Energon would be original, with the return of King Sombra (Drama Bomb!). And so the Hasbro/Square Enix has begun...