• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 2,139 Views, 28 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Rebirth by Awakening - SonictheHedgepony



The Thirteen Warriors of Light and Harmony are on a journey to save new worlds and characters from the Heartless.

  • ...
22
 28
 2,139

Chapter Eleven-The Sacrifice

Chapter Eleven-The Sacrifice

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight quickly galloped over to her beloved mentor to see if she was alright. She tried nudging her, used a simple shock spell, in fact, she tried everything to wake her, but nothing seemed to work.

"Twilight, there's nothing you can do," said Discord. "She lost her heart and is in this Keyblade. If there's a way to bring her back, we would, but it can't be done." He then picked up the Keyblade and suddenly, gave out a maniacal laugh. "Just kidding. I was the one that used this Keyblade and removed her heart. And to top it all off, I placed her heart in yours. There's no way to get it back." At this, Twilight was seething with rage after hearing what he had done. Twilight was about to lash out at Discord, until she realized something. She then used her magic to teleport the Keyblade from Discord's grasp and to her side.

"Twilight," said a concerned Applejack. "What are you doing with that Keyblade?"

"I'm going to extract Celestia's heart from my body to save her's," said Twilight.

"No, Twilight!" said Luna. "If you do that, you can't expect everypony to be fine." Here, she paused for a moment. "You'll lose your own heart in the process."

"I'm sorry," said a solemn Twilight. "But I can't allow Equestria to lose another leader. Not like how you were, Luna." The Princess of the Night then shed a single tear at the reminder.

"Twilight, don't!" shouted Spike. "We'll find another way! I promise!" Twilight then turned to her worried friends. She could see that they didn't want her to sacrifice her own life in order to save another. But, order had to be restored. She smiled as she shed a single tear as well.

"Farewell, Princess Luna," said Twilight. "Tell your sister that I was her most faithful student ever."

"Don't!" gritted Luna.

"Farewell, B.B.B.F.F.," said Twilight. "I'm sorry about our argument during the rehearsal before the Royal Wedding."

"Twily!" said Shining Armor.

"Farewell, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza," Twilight said. "I'm so happy that you married the greatest stallion ever and have become the Crystal Princess."

"Twilight, please!" said Cadence.

"Farewell, Spike," Twilight said. "No matter what, you'll always be my Number One Assistant."

"Twilight, you don't have to do this!" Spike assured.

"And farewell, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity," Twilight concluded.

"Sugarcube, we can't imagine a life without you!" Applejack desperately said. "Stay with us!"

"I'm so glad that all of you have been my best friends since my arrival in Ponyville and I'm glad to have shared glorious adventures with all of you," Twilight said. "These are memories that will be treasured forever." Twilight then raised the Keyblade's tip up to her chest and closed her eyes. She thought about all the times she had with her big brother, her times studying with Princess Celestia, and her adventures with her friends. She knew they would remember her after she did her deed. Without hesitation, she then thrusted the Keyblade into her chest.

"NO!" Everypony screamed when she drove the Keyblade into her chest. Then, her chest glowed with a pure, yellow light that released Princess Celestia's heart, as well as an additional heart, that one belonging to Twilight. As Celestia's heart entered her body, she suddenly snapped awake. The first thing she saw was a heart floating away and then saw Twilight, whose body was already glowing, and she realized what's happening to her. She then galloped towards her as her body fell to the ground, but as the Princess of the Day was about to hold her, Twilight's body suddenly turned into several orbs of light which faded into oblivion. All that was left of her was her Element of Magic and her Wayfinder that Aqua gave her when they first met.

Celestia then picked up Twilight's Element and her Wayfinder and just stared at it with a devestated look on her face. Knowing the Princess, Twilight's friends thought she wouldn't break down. Sadly, she never did keep it in as she broke down in tears, with Twilight's friends doing the same, knowing that they had lost the greatest friend in the entire world. Then, the Seven Guardians of Light and Master Eraqus then entered the throne room wondering what was going on.

"What just happened in here?" asked Sora. "I saw a bright light coming from the castle and I have a feeling that this is similar to what I've done in the past."

"I-it's t-t-true, sugarcube," Applejack said in between sobs. "Discord used the Keyblade you told us Xehanort once wielded to extract Princess Celestia's heart and put it in Twilight's body. She was able to use the Keyblade to return her heart to her body, but she lost her own to the darkness and her body just faded away just like that."

"But I thought Xehanort's Keyblade faded along with Xehanort himself unless..." Ventus trailed off as he was talking. He realized that this was connected in some way. "Vanitas."

"W-what do you mean, Ven?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I think what he means is that Vanitas has been orchestrating this whole invasion from the start," Master Eraqus explained. "He must have inherited Xehanort's Keyblade after our final battle against him and has encountered your past enemies, giving them the power to manipulate the Heartless and now, he has dragged Discord's heart back to the darkness."

"Well, if you say that Vanitas is behind all of this, I'll defeat him and seal him within my heart for good," said Ven with a heroic resolve.

"You're right, Ven," said Riku, but with a solemn tone. "All of this would have been possible, if she were still alive." Everyone knew Riku was talking about Twilight Sparkle. But before they could cry again, they saw a figure that looks like a unicorn that has a black coat with golden eyes.

"Don't worry," said the figure. "I'm a friend." Princess Celestia was confused by what it said, and then she took a look at the figures flank and noticed it had the symbol of the Heartless.

"There may be hope for Twilight Sparkle, my little ponies," said a relieved Celestia. "This is her Heartless, but because of her strong heart and the power of your friendships, she's still able to hold on to herself."

"Well, that is good news, but how are we going to restore her to her normal self?" asked Rarity.

"I have a way," said Sora. In that moment, he summoned both his Kingdom Key and his Kingdom Key D, both containing the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses, and combined them to form a weapon that looks like a sword with two Kingdom Keys intersecting to form an X.

"Applejack, what is that thing?" asked Apple Bloom.

"That, lil' sis, is the legendary χ-blade," Applejack said.

"What is a χ-blade?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Well, it's a weapon that is said to unlock Kingdom Hearts itself," Rarity explained. "It's also the only thing that can restore a Heartless to its original self."

"Well, either way, it looks awesome," Scootaloo commented.

"Quiet now," Babs told her fellow Crusaders. "Let's just see what happens." They then went toward the balcony and Sora pointed the χ-blade straight up at the sky, shooting out a ball of energy, opening a hole containing a heart-shaped moon known only as Kingdom Hearts.

"Kingdom Hearts, I wish I had Twilight Sparkle's heart to transfer back to her," Sora said to the heart of all worlds. It then shot a beam at the χ-blade, filling it with the essence of Twilight's heart. Sora then turned to Twilight's Heartless, ready to do what must be done. "Twilight Sparkle, I bid you return!" Sora then thrusted the χ-blade into its chest, and in a flash of light, everyone can see that Twilight was back to her normal form. Her friends, overjoyed by her revival, then gave her a warming embrace, letting out tears of joy.

"Thank Celestia you're all right, Twilight Sparkle," said Discord, approaching the freshly renewed unicorn. "I thought we lost you for good. Please, don't--" He was suddenly interrupted by the appearance of two Keyblades around his neck, one of light, one of darkness, known as the Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and Discord can see that they were being wielded by Twilight. She then teleported herself and her friends a safe distance away from him.

"No more tricks," Twilight said suddenly, her voice already rising in anger and betrayal. "No more sympathy. No more apologies! And more importantly, NO MORE CHANCES! Ever since the beginning of Equestria, you caused nothing but chaos and turmoil for those you tormented. We thought we had changed you but that didn't work, and so we are going to turn you back into stone, and we will never release you again." She then put on her Element of Magic, leading her friends to do the same, but only Fluttershy hesitated putting on her Element of Kindness, as she had promised to Discord not to use the Elements on him.

"Fluttershy, don't seal me up again," Discord pleaded. "We're friends, remember?" After a brief moment, Fluttershy put on her Element of Kindness.

"Not. Your. Friend," Fluttershy coldly said. With that, Twilight used her magic to activate the Elements of Harmony and the cutie mark-like gemstones to glow and their outlines to shoot out. When their powers reached a physical peak, they shot out a rainbow beam hurtling straight toward Discord. Discord, having lost the only friend he ever had, snapped his fingers and covered himself in a Corridor of Darkness and disappeared just as the beam hit the ground.

"Did we get him?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Please tell me we got him."

"No," said Fluttershy in a crushed tone. "He got away."

"I've been a foal," said Princess Celestia. Twilight and her friends were shocked that she would say something such as that. "I've always thought villains would be reformed to maintain the peace and harmony throughout Equestria, but I realized now that harmony and disharmony will never be kept in line. If there is no way to rehabilitate terrorists of the peace, then there is no other option. Twilight Sparkle, you still have to stop the Heartless invasion, but you also have another important matter. Discord must be destroyed."

Author's Note:

I must say, this chapter is much more darker than my previous ones. Also, Twilight temporarily losing her heart and Discord becoming a fugitive of harmony will be a part of a sequel to this story. I hope you enjoy this chapter better than my previous ones as it actually features a rarity in these fics: the resurrection of Twilight Sparkle.