• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 2,139 Views, 28 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Rebirth by Awakening - SonictheHedgepony



The Thirteen Warriors of Light and Harmony are on a journey to save new worlds and characters from the Heartless.

  • ...
22
 28
 2,139

Chapter Four-The Elements of Harmony

Chapter Four-The Elements of Harmony

Princess Celestia explained her reasons for knowing about the Keyblade in the first place. It began two years after the final battle against Xehanort, which she explained was a thousand years in Equestrian time. When Xehanort and his Organization came to Equestria, he promised everypony a land with a perfect balance of light and darkness. But then came his treachery, where he commanded a legion of Heartless and Nobodies all over the land, fused an innocent dragon and pony into Discord, a draconequus with chaos and disharmony within his heart, transformed a legion of Heartless into changelings, led by their leader, Queen Chrysalis, and discovered a crystal filled with darkness and filled it with life, creating King Sombra and his tyrannical rule over the Crystal Empire. Overmatched and outnumbered, the inhabitants thought their subjugation to Xehanort and his vessels would be all but certain.

But, before the final battle between the Guardians and the Organization, Celestia and Luna discovered the Elements of Harmony in the heart of Equestria, having the power to cleanse the world of evil and chaos, as well as having the power to let the wielders of the Elements to summon one of the most powerful Keyblades in the Realm of Light: the Way to Harmony. With these new powers, they exterminated the Heartless and Nobodies invading Equestria, sealed Discord in stone, banished Queen Chrysalis and her changeling hive to the Lanes Between, and sealed King Sombra within the ice. In one final act to help Equestria light their darkest hour, they then used the Elements against Xehanort and his Organization, but Xehanort wouldn't leave without a fight. By using his darkness as well as the darkness of his thirteenth vessel, who was revealed to be Vanitas, they fired an arrow of darkness as soon as the Elements banished them from Equestria. This arrow pierced Princess Luna in the chest, but wasn’t lethal and dissipated upon impact. This would go unnoticed for quite some time.

It was only then that Xehanort and Vanitas’s darkness was starting to affect Luna, because as time went on, she has grown resentful of her subjects enjoying her sister’s day but slept through her beautiful night. By this point, the darkness within Luna’s heart had transformed her into a Heartless, Nightmare Moon. Celestia then realized that this must’ve been the work of Xehanort and Vanitas, as she knew that the real Luna would never turn traitor to her own kind. She then called upon the Elements to eradicate the darkness within Luna. But, she discovered that they’ll respond to all wielders, and with only Celestia, she can’t summon the Way to Harmony. Luckily, she saw a message within the Elements telling her that new wielders will restore Luna and be the new protectors of harmony, but it will be a thousand years before then. So, using her final moments with the Elements, she used them to seal Nightmare Moon within the moon of Equestria for a thousand years, until the Elements’ Awakening to the new Bearers.

When that time came, Twilight and her friends used the power of the Elements to erase the darkness caused by Xehanort and Vanitas, restoring her to her original form and reunited with her sister once more.

However, because control of the Elements was transferred to Twilight and her friends, Celestia and Luna’s prior sealing spells were beginning to weaken. Discord was released to resume his mission to cover chaos all over the land, but not before taking the artifacts and hiding them. Twilight and her friends then searched high and low, but her friends met their fates upon coming into contact with Discord’s treachery: Applejack becoming a liar, Pinkie Pie growing hateful, Fluttershy becoming cruel, Rarity’s greed consuming her, Rainbow Dash becoming selfish, and Twilight giving up on her friends. But, when the Princess sent back Twilight’s letters, reminding her how much friendship meant to her, Twilight broke Discord’s grip on her friends by using a memory spell and together once more, they used the Elements to seal Discord in stone once more.

However, Celestia had the feeling that his heart may be reformed for the better and his magic be used for good, so she tasked the ponies with reforming Discord, with Fluttershy actually treating her as a friend. But, Discord was still generating chaos behind her back, thus leading her to say that she was no longer his friend. At this, he realized the meaning of friendship, something Xehanort forgot to give him upon his creation, and undid his tricks and renounced his evil ways, now serving as the assistant to the Princesses.

Later, Queen Chrysalis and her changeling minions invaded Canterlot to feed off the love of ponies, starting with the Queen impersonating Princess Cadence and feeding off Shining Armor’s love. Eventually, she and her army were removed from the capital of Equestria by the love of Cadence and Shining Armor.

Upon landing in a land filled with love, Chrysalis and her subjects fed the love out of their inhabitants and transformed the land to suit their needs. The Queen then hatched a plan to drain Twilight of her magic as soon as the Secretariat Comet flies overhead. Upon fillynapping the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the Bearers of Harmony traveled to the Changeling Kingdom to a final showdown. Using the effects of the Comet, Twilight used the magical surge to defeat Chrysalis and keep her trapped with an impossible riddle while being guarded by Pinkie Pie's costume.

Following her defeat, Twilight and her friends were plagued by nightmares for days until Rarity was taken by one of them. It was revealed that the Nightmare forces from Nightmare Moon's former rule plan to retake Equestria, but needed a new ruler to do it. Upon corrupting Rarity, they made her into their new queen, Nightmare Rarity, who appeared to lose all traces of her former self. However, upon revealing the deceit brought upon by the Nightmares, Twilight and her friends were able to bring back Rarity and stop the Nightmares.

When King Sombra had returned, he planned to retake the Crystal Empire and reshape it into his own image, resuming Xehanort’s legacy of consuming Equestria into darkness. However, Twilight had discovered the Crystal Heart at the top of the Crystal Palace. But, the King, determined to finish what Xehanort had started, trapped Twilight in a wall of dark crystals. Spike was able to deliver the Crystal Heart to Cadence at the last second the Empire was to be consumed by the darkness. With the joy and happiness surging from the Crystal Ponies to the Heart, its power destroyed the King and his effects on the Empire, with Princess Cadence and Shining Armor becoming the new monarchs of the Empire.

When they discovered that the Heartless were starting to invade not just Equestria, but various other worlds once more, Celestia and Luna sent a letter to the Land of Departure, asking Master Eraqus and the Seven Guardians of Light to come to Canterlot to meet up with the Bearers of Harmony. And with that, the Guardian’s and Princesses’ backstories and their reasons for their knowledge of the Keyblade, the Heartless, as well as Kingdom Hearts, have come to an end.

Author's Note:

The first couple of paragraphs are part of an idea to a prequel before this story, involving Celestia and Luna stopping Xehanort's plan to consume Equestria in darkness.