• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 1,684 Views, 25 Comments

"Royalty" - RickHammersteel



Celestia and Luna have an argument and are now in Ponyville trying to gather the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
2
 25
 1,684

Chapter 2


Celestia looked down on her most faithful student,”Twilight...”

“Imsorryimsorryididntmeanit” Twilight cried into the floor

“Twilight.”

“Ithoughtyouwereaprowlerimsosorry”

“Twilight!” Celestia shouted.

Twilight’s tear-stained face looked up,”Yes?”

“It’s alright, you were just trying to defend your home, so no, I’m not going to banish you and put you in a cage where I banished you, alright?” Celestia smiled.

“You’re not?” Twilight breathed a sigh of relief,”So why are you here, Princess?”

“Because I need your help.”

“For what? Has the Changeling Queen returned? Did Discord break out again? Has the royal cooking staff summoned another eldritch abomination?” Twilight asked, standing up immediately.

“No, I just need the Elements of Harmony so I could banish my sister to the moon.”Celestia said with a stern look in her eyes.


Twilight gasped,”Luna became Nightmare Moon again!?”

Celestia turned away,”Yes, however she has decided to find the Elements as well, so she could banish me, and become the sole ruler.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow,”Wait, why banish her when we could just cure her again?”

Celestia just stared into the rows of books, then she turned to Twilight” you can’t cure her again, she’s just too far gone...”

“...Why?” Twilight shook her head.

Darn it, why must you be so inquisitive? Celestia thought,”Look, My faithful student, you trust me right?”

“Of course I do! You were my mother figure for several years after all.” Twilight said.

“Then you will follow help me no matter what, right?”

“Well, truth is, Celestia, what you are saying right now has some holes in it and I’m not gullible.” Twilight looked at her teacher.

Celestia stomped her hoof a bit,Well, time for my last resort, Celestia teleported a book in front of her. Using her telekinesis, she waved the book in front of Twilight’s face,”This is Creatures and Other Inhabitants of Equus, written by Clover the Clever. It’s not Starswirl the Bearded’s journal, but it does have some interesting stuff.”

Twilight’s eyes followed the book,”Like what?” she said, amazed.

“Oh, information on various monsters, demons, creatures you’ve never even seen before like the Amnopterix...”

“The Ahm-no what?” Twilight was drooling as her entire head was following the book.

“Read the book and find out! Oh, I should also mention that this is the unabridged version, and I’ll only give it to you if you help me.”

Twilight leaped up and grabbed the book,”I’ll do it!” She said, cuddling the book.


Fluttershy flew around the large bird-like thing, her hooves rubbing each of its rainbow colored feathers. She soon landed, her head only reaching the middle of the bird’s four long legs,”There, you don’t have to worry about those nasty maxterix parasites anymore, Mister Amnopterix.”

The bird squawked as its three beady eyes looked towards the buttery pegasus. It flapped its wings as it headed back into the forest.

Fluttershy smiled, then she walked back to her cottage...where she noticed her door was cracked open,”(Gasps) Has a another prowler come to take away my animals? I hope he or she doesn’t meet Angel...”

She peeked through her long, wooden door, and she sees a dark blue figure, wearing royal regalia backing away something,”Stay away from me, you spawn of Tartarus!” the figure said.

Fluttershy crept closer into the room to see what the figure was afraid of. She looked at the small flying object in front of the alicorn’s face: a monarch butterfly. She looked at the princess before her,”Um, Princess, you’re afraid of butterflies?”

Luna’s scared face turned to her subject,”YES, I’VE HATED THE THINGS EVER SINCE I WAS A FILLY!”

Fluttershy nodded and flew up to the insect,”Excuse me, Gertrude, but you need to go back home,” she led it to a window in the back of the room. She opened it and the monarch flew off,”There, its gone now.” Fluttershy smiled.

Luna let out a deep breath,”Thank you, Don’t mention that little fear of mine to anyone, please?” She put her hoof over her heart.

“Well, there’s nothing wrong with that fear, but I’ll never mention it to anyone.” Fluttershy nodded,”Why are you here, if you don’t my asking that is...”

“I need your help,Lady Fluttershy, for my sister...is being a jerk!” Luna gritted her teeth,”So,I must gather the Elements to banish her!”

“W-what? Have you tried to talk to her, maybe?” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Talking to her is what showed me that she needs to go to the sun!”

Fluttershy gulped,“W-w-well, aren’t you overrea-”

“I’m glad you decided to help me!” Luna grabbed the pink-maned mare in her magic and floated her out the door.

“Eeep!” was the sound that the pegasus made.


In Celestia’s room, the white unicorn mare with a mop cutie mark rummaged through the princess’ drawer. She moved the various gold horseshoes and necklaces until she tapped her hoof on a false bottom. She smiled as she opened it to reveal a piece of paper,”The map! Now I’m one step closer to becoming ruler of the discos! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Clean Wipe, what are you laughing about-” Cadance looked into the room to see the still laughing janitor, she gasped,”Were you rummaging through my aunt’s drawer? You pervert!” the alicorn frowned,”I’m docking your pay for this.”


“Um, Princess?”

“Yes my faithful student?”

“You’re kinda getting attention,” Twilight said, looking at the various denizens of Ponyville either bowing before their princess, looking astonished, or being just apathetic.

“I’ve noticed, but in order to defend myself in case a certain sister decides to attack, I need to be in my normal form,” Celestia walked towards Sugarcube Corner.

“But, she won’t attack you if you disguise yourself. She won’t know what you’ll look like.” Twilight put a hoof on the door.

“Trust me, she has mind beams... ” Celestia’s eyes narrowed.

Twilight just raised an eyebrow as they walked in. They headed towards the counter, where Mr. Cake was manning the register. The yellow stallion gulped as he saw the sun alicorn.

“Um, Welcome back, Princess,” He gave smile.

Celestia frowned at Mr. Cake’s rather nervous look,”Why must they always be nervous around me?”

“Because their entire business depends on you not saying that they’re terrible?” Twilight said.

“Really!?” Celestia blinked,”But I do like them! Although, while I’m here” She teleported a big bag of bits,”Here, put a branch of Sugarcube Corner in Canterlot.”

Carrot Cake grinned, then he turned around,”Hey Pinkie!”

Pinkie Pie suddenly appeared out of nowhere,”Yes, Mr. Cake?”

Carrot put the bag of money onto Pinkie’s back,”Take this and get us a branch in Canterlot!”

“Yes sir!” Pinkie saluted with her hoof, and sped out of the building in a flash.

“But...I...needed her...” Celestia held out a hoof.