• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,831 Views, 45 Comments

Luna I'm waiting for you - JosephRascon1789



Love can be the most powerful emotion we have.

  • ...
2
 45
 1,831

Chapter 4

I felt warmth on my face and a throbbing pain in my head. The train blew its whistle and my head exploded in pain. Every tiny noise the train car made was a trigger to the pain in my head. I tried to open my eyes, only to be stopped and temporaily blindly by the sun.

I'm never.... Ever bucking drinking that much again!

It was to late for regrets. I pushed up onto all fours and looked around the empty car. My eyes adjusted to the light and I looked out the window. There was a dense forest passing by quickly.

I don't remember this kind of terrain. Wait why are we going east? We are going inland!

I tried to remember why I was heading inland, and not ot the little settlement town. I shook my head and just looked down. I heard the door open and I quickly straightened up. A service pony walked in to the empty car. I waved a hoof and he trotted over with a smile on his face.

"How may I be of service sir?" He asked.

I looked up and asked in a quiet tone. "Where is this train going?"

"This is the express train to Canterlot. You boarded this train last night..... Actually this morning." He said while rubbing his chin. "You got on at 1:30 A.M., rather plastered, and said you needed a ticket to Canterlot. All you had was three heavy bags filled with bits. Those are safely stored in the back of this car. You needed help here and we helped you to this car. You passed out in this car and well....... Here you are."

I put my hooves on my face and replied in a groan. "Great. That's just wonderful."

"Oh don't worry you didn't cause any trouble." He said with a grin. "In fact you were quiet the whole time."

"Oh thank Celestia. I didn't want to be a bother." I replied with a small smile on my face.

"Don't worry sir. You were not any trouble. Is there any thing else I could help you with?" He asked.

I smiled and replied. "No, but thank you."

He nodded and trotted to another train car.

Canterlot?! Canterlot?! Why was I going to Canterlot? What was I going to do in Canterlot?

I rubbed my head with my hooves against my temples and tried to think about the night I had. The only thing I could remember was the pony convincing me to get princess Luna back. It was all blur, but piece by piece it was starting to come together. A feeling of anger, sadness, and for some reason a feeling of happiness. I'm not sure what was causing the feelings, but I tried to remember. Suddenly it all came back like a tidal wave washing over my mind. I wanted to over throw Celestia, or at least find some spell to bring back Luna. I would prefer the second option. I would bring her back and show Celestia that Luna has changed. I would declare my love for her right in the courtyard and that would force Celestia to believe she had changed. Nopony ever loved Luna like me. That's why she became Nightmare Moon in the first place. Once she sees Luna happy with me I'm sure she would forgive her sister. Celestia couldn't be to happy about sending her one and only sister to the moon.

Okay now I need a plan before I go to Canterlot. What if I charge in and challenge princess Celestia to a magic duel?

The idea bounced around in my head. I actually believed I could just waltz in and challenge the most powerful being in all of Equestria. I was just some random unicorn. She was the alicorn that raised the sun, and now the moon everyday and night.

Yeah real smart. I think I would make it to the front gate and then get killed by the guards after they had a quick laugh.

I rubbed my head waiting for more ideas to flow. I forced my eyes tighter and scrunched my face waiting for at least one idea. Nothing.

Why can't I think of a bucking thing!

I was angry and hurt. My body was telling me I couldn't do this because I was hung over. My mind didn't want to function. My pride and my heart were telling me I had to do this. I continued thinking and slowly, I could feel the gears in my mind come to life. I rubbed my hooves and smiled as the beginnings of ideas started to pool in my head.

Okay. What if I tried to take over the royal guard?

At this point I wasn't sure I was being smart, or throwing around ideas that would get me killed once I got to Canterlot. The Royal Guard was loyal to the princess and trying to over turn them would be as hard moving a boulder up hill with no magic. I was almost certain that they Royal guard wouldn't change their minds because I was whining about my life. Five more plans came and went and slowly I was losing all hope of getting Luna back. Everything just seemed hopeless. Tears started to form as I came to the realization that Luna might be stuck on the moon for ever.

I slammed my hoof into the wall. If I could get there then at least we could be together. Nopony would bother us and we could live forever on the moon. That wasn't a good plan. I was sure Celestia would just throw me in jail... Or worse, she would have me killed

That cold dark place. I thought to myself. I'm so sorry Luna. I just don't think there is a way out of this. I have failed you. I wanted to protect and love you.

I yelled at the top of my lungs. "I couldn't do that either!"

Tears began to fall and I covered my face with my hooves. and took a deep breath. Please Luna. Give me an idea. Something that could help me get you back into my life.

Suddenly a idea jumped into my head. An idea that could work with proper planning and carefully placed ponies. Everything needed to be perfect and if I could do this right then it would be quick and simple.

Make Luna the new princess in charge of Equestria!

I needed to make Celestia look bad, and find common ponies to revolt against her rule. I had a simple name for this new power.

The New Lunar Republic. I thought.

I grinned at the idea. Something that was so simple yet so hard. If I made one mistake all the ponies following me would die because of one mistake. We would have to be shadow fighters. Workers by day, soldiers by night. I would lead the NLR to the throne and we would make Celestia bring back princess Luna. Then we would force Celestia off the throne and then crown the new leader of Equestria. If she didn't accept the new Luna

"Celestia took my lover, so I will take her empire." I mumbled.