• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,831 Views, 45 Comments

Luna I'm waiting for you - JosephRascon1789



Love can be the most powerful emotion we have.

  • ...
2
 45
 1,831

The Void/ The War

This is the opening to the new story

A calm breeze pushes something in my face. My eyes shoot open and I jump on to my hooves as quick as I can. I am breathing in quick huffs and I quickly check my body. I stand on my hind legs and look down to see my black armor. There is a hole in the center and it is covered in dried blood. I use my magic and throw the armor off and check myself.

"No hole.... Not even blood?" I say out loud. "This doesn't make any sense. Where am I?"

I return to all fours and look around. There is tall grass as far as the eye can see. The field and the clear blue sky come together far from where I am and there is nothing to reference the distance. The wind is blowing against me and I place my armor back on.

There has to be a something around here. I thought as I place the helmet back on my head. I wonder if I'm still dead.

Your magic will take you somewhere that nopony knows. You will live there for eternity.

The magic! That's how I got here. In the time of death my magic can be at it's maximum. I thought.

I looked to where the sun was going. I knew that there had to be something here so I followed the horizon.

----------Years later--------

It's been so long since I got here and It just doesn't seem possible that I can still exist here. I've been so hungry, but whenever I eat, it does nothing to make my hunger diminish. I've been so thirsty, but whenever I find drinkable water, it does nothing to quench my thirst. I followed the sun for days and found a coast with an ocean the goes on forever. I have counted the days I've been here and left tally's on the beach to remember how long I've been here. I lost count after 100,000 days. The beach is littered with the tally's and I'm not sure why I continue to make them on the beach every time I wake up. The days are the same. I go down the beach and search for anything to give me a clue to where I am. The nights are filled with darkness. There is no moon, or stars. I've lost all hope of making it out of this place. I can not die, nor can I experience life anymore.

---------unknown amount of time has passed--------

I have learned so much about this world. I used my magic to create things to keep me entertained. It seems that life cannot be created in this world, but non living objects can be made. Using my magic, I've created paint, brushes, and canvases. It's the only thing that keeps me sane anymore. At first I just painted the sky, and the grassy fields, I became bored of painting the same thing over and over again, so I thought back to the time when I was alive. I painted the Canterlot castle, sunsets on the mountains, but most importantly I painted Luna. I did it once and became extremely sad. I remembered her, but my memory was slowly fading from the many years I have been here. As of today I only remember what she looks like. I can't remember her voice. It makes me so sad to know I have forgotten her voice. It seems like sadness is the only thing I can feel here.....

----------950 years later----------

I went back and recounted the days I've been here and it has been 950 year. I just don't know how that's even possible, but I haven't aged a day. There is something else in this world as well. Every now and again I see something in the sky. I have no clue what it is. The only thing I can tell for sure is it's blue. I have seen it pass through this land 4 times. There are others flying around, but they only come by once. This blue thing has come and gone more than once. I will try to make contact with it next time it passes. I finally have some hope that I will make it out of here.

----------25 years later----------

It has come lower and I could swear it was calling to me. I used my magic to extend myself to the flying thing 10 years ago. Ever since then it has been getting closer and closer. It makes a strange noise than I have never heard before, but in that noise I can hear something. I can now tell what shape it is. It's a blue rectangular box with a strange light on top. I feel like it is trying to study me. I really hope that this thing will stop for me one of these days. Don't worry Luna. I will be home soon. Please just wait a little longer.

----------The history of the war----------

So long has this war been. I fear nothing will stop it. It has been almost 1,000 years since the war had been started and there has been bloodshed ever since. The NLR (New Lunar Republic) and the Solar Empire have been fighting every year. The ponies of Equestria have been split into 3 factions. The NLR , the Solar Empire, and neutral ponies that just want to live their lives. The NLR fights to put Princess Nightmare Moon on the throne so she can rule Equestria. The Solar Empire fights to keep Princess Celestia in power. In the beginning the wars were not fought on front lines. It is guerrilla warfare and everypony suffers for it. It is said that the war was started when Princess Celestia did something horrible to Princess Nightmare Moon years ago in the past. Back then she was Princess Luna and she was wronged by her sister. Princess Luna traveled all of Equestria telling the story of her lost love and how he changed her world. It was just a roaming story until the fateful day Celestia decided to do something unforgettable. Celestia declared her love for a stallion called Night Shade. He was given Immortality and soon became the husband of Celestia. On the day of the wedding, Nightmare Moon appeared and said the lines that started the war.

"How dare you do this! Grant immortality to the one you love while the one I loved died trying to show you how I changed! This is wrong on every level and you should not have the power to do this! Let it be known that from this day forward you are my enemy and anypony who believes in equality for all should follow me!"

With those words the story of Lunar spread like wild fire. The story of a stallion who gave everything just to see his love again. He saved his friend on his death bed and died while try to protect Luna. Ponies began choosing sides and days after the wedding, the first blood was drawn by the Solar Empire. Guards were watching over a protest of Celestia and one guard lashed out against the protesters. The protesters surrounded the guards, but the guards had weapons. It was only seconds before one guard attacked. 15 NLR supporters were killed and 5 were seriously injured. This caused and explosion of talk across all of Equestria. The NLR was formed and their first attack was 2 weeks after the protesters deaths. In response, Celestia made a public statement to all of her citizens.

"If you would like fair treatment and a great place for you foals to grow up, please join the Solar Empire! There are traitors in our midst and They have formed an alliance to attack all innocent ponies. Please support the Solar Empire!"

In the beginning of the war, there were no neutrals. Everypony was fighting for one side or the other. Over years of war someponies didn't believe in this fighting and they formed neutral sides where they could grow and prosper. It never went that way. Small fights broke out in these towns and they would leave the ponies with nothing but dead bodies. Finally after years of guerrilla warfare, both sides had full fledged armies. The fought all over Equestria, destroying homes and ruining ponies lives. More and more ponies joined the armies making the war never ending. To make things worse, each side took faith and pride in creating propaganda poster slamming their opponent. Generation after generation of ponies were brain washed into having pride in their faction of the war. Only few saw past the propaganda and those ponies would have to leave their families and friends to find a neutral city. Neutral cities became battle grounds and ponies would be taken from their homes and be forced into battle. Neutral cities were made up of young ponies who could see past the brain washing and said they wouldn't fight. These ponies were hit the worst. They would be forced to house soldiers and give up supplies to the faction closest to them. To this day the war is being fought and it seems like a lost cause on both ends. It's close to the 1,000 year of fighting and ponies will continue to do so until one side doesn't exist any more. I pray this will be over soon.

Author's Note:

This is going to be the sequel story and I will start typing soon. Thank you for your support

Comments ( 11 )

That housing part, did you get it from a redcoat law? And did you get that protester scene from the boston massacre?

2985458 sort of. I didn't think about that until I was reading it over again. So I might have done that without noticing:twilightsmile:

2985464Sweet, i like it.:pinkiehappy:

well this is unexpected, how long does it usually take you to write something, because my curiosity is piqued. If only because you wrote a NLR/SE story where both sides seem pretty grey and not overly morally reprehensible.

Which is a plot hardly anyone manages to write without it smelling of fanaticism

2987383 I'm taking time to read all my favorites, but I spent all day doing that and I only have 5 chapters left on the last story. So I will start typing this tonight. :twilightsmile: I just try my best to think out these chapters so that's why it's typed so well:yay::moustache:

Blue rectangular box with a light on top? I swear if that's the TARDIS...

Please add a link to the author's notes when the new story is posted.

2988020 I agree.:trixieshiftright:

This story brought tears to my eyes although I only cry when things really touch down deep. You are a great writer I have found a true star:fluttercry:

3076531 I'm very glad I gave you that feeling.

Nice,outstanding!! I loved this fic now with the sequel!

Login or register to comment