• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,832 Views, 45 Comments

Luna I'm waiting for you - JosephRascon1789



Love can be the most powerful emotion we have.

  • ...
2
 45
 1,832

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I awake to sunlight invading my room. My head hurts and the memories still linger. The pain from knowing that I lost my princess is far more than the physical pain I feel. I knew my door was open because I could hear a pair of ponies trotting by. I tried to relax, but nothing worked. When I closed my eyes it took me back to last night. I would see my blushing princess looking deeply into my eyes. My eyes snapped open. I couldn't think right now. Just as I began to get extremely mad at myself, a light pink mare walked in with a smile on her face. She trotted to the end of my bed and grabbed a clipboard that was hanging off the end. She flipped a page before speaking in a happy tone.

"Okay mister Lighting you are ready for discharge. You were in here because you suffered from massive dehydration, and no energy." She looked at the clipboard closely and cleared her throat. "Well you seem to be fine now."

I stretched my forelegs then threw the blanket off my warm body. I set my rear hooves on the cold tile floor and stretched my back. As soon as I exhaled the nurse walked over and spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"No more staying up all night, every night."

I smiled and nodded. "Sure thing doc."

I left the hospital during the morning slow time. My checkout and discharge was quick, but the bill did give me a scare. I was glad the hospital had dropped three hundred and fifty bits off the bill. I smiled to that thought. When I was on my way home it was some time around the ten-ish range. Stores were open and ponies were every where. I didn't mind the ponies right now, because I was trying to think of a way to find Luna. Every idea that came into my head seemed hopeless. Finally my stomach growled to break my train of thought.

Oh great...... I forgot to get something to eat at the hospital. I told myself while looking at the ground.

Suddenly a loud crashing noise caused my head to swoop up. There were two gold plated gaurds stand about twenty feet from my cottage. I realized that the crashing noise had come from inside my cottage. I charged towards the front door but they blocked me from getting inside. One of the guards looked at me and said in a solid tone.

"Hault! No one is allowed inside this home."

I looked at him in disbelief. "This is my home!" I yelled

They pushed me to the ground and picked up their spears.The steel tips were extremely close to my face. I slowly stood up and looked to my cottage. I could hear glass breaking, doors being thrown open, loud bangs, and laughing.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as my heart dropped from hearing the destruction of my home.

"By order of princess Celestia we have the right and the ability to search this house." He replied.

"Why would she give this order?!" I asked

"We traced Nightmare Moon last night and we detected she had been with you last night after she broke the spell. We are checking to see if you have anything of hers." He exclaimed

"Princess Luna!" I yelled "Her name is princess Luna."

He shot me a look, but I didn't care. My eyes returned to my home. I couldn't see the ponies inside, but from the sound, it seems like they were having fun. I held back tears and suddenly the noise stopped. Two golden ponies emerged from my home with smiles stretching across their faces. I snorted and dug my front hoof into the ground and bit my bottom lip intensely. It made me sick and just when I thought my pain was over I saw the flank of a third pony emerge. He was walking backwards. His whole body came out of the front door and I noticed a horn at the top of his head. The horn was emitting a light blue aura. Suddenly a large object peaked its was through the door. The guard was using his magic to pull out one of my paintings. With a closer examination I realized that it was The painting. My huge painting of the town at night. I worked for a full month perfecting every last piece of that painting. The painting was important because princess Luna brang out the best of her night sky for a full month. The day I finished that painting was the day I first started falling for Luna. The grey unicorn walked out to about half way between me and my cottage when he spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"You really love the night this much?"

I snorted and dug my right hoof deeper into the cool ground. The guards laughed and looked at each other. The unicorn spoke again, but with a more serious tone. "That's what I thought."

There was a blue aura around his friends saddle bag, and a box of matches floated out and started for the grey unicorn. My heart sunk and I could feel tears in my eyes. Slowly the box opened and a single match came out. With the guards shoulder in my chest I just felt helpless as the match approached the side of the box. Finally, when the match made contact with the side of the box, I stood on my hind hooves and threw my right hoof at the face of the guard directly under me. I hit him so hard that he was knocked out with one strike. As I fell back onto my front hooves the guard to my left adjusted his position. It didn't matter, because by the time my hooves hit the ground I had a magic bolt charged up. I released it and the pony in front of me went down with a blinding light, and a bit of black smoke.

I ran toward the the guards at full speed. He hadn't struck the match yet. It was probably because he just saw his defense fall in an instant, and was in shock. The two guards charged at me, as the third regained his train of thought. I charged up a magic blast and hit both of them point blank. I stopped when I was about five feet from the last pony. He had an evil grin on his face. I looked at the painting and i saw a small orange flicker next to one of the corners. My body shuttered and my mind raced to come up with a new plan. I teleported directly in front of him on my hind hooves. I dropped my right hoof and hit him in the cheek. He actually flew a couple feet backwards. I turned around, and the painting rested on the ground. I felt a huge amount of stress fly away, but suddenly a red hole appeared in the middle of the painting. The match had fallen under it, and was still burning hot. The red dot engulfed the the part of the painting it had appeared on, and a tiny orange flame took its place. The paint accelerated the process and, soon the whole painting was under the orange intruder.

I felt rage and hate build up inside of me as I looked at the crowd that had formed. A small cough noise from behind me caused me to look back to the cottage and the guard that was still awake. He had all four of his legs under him and was weakly tried to push himself up. Before he got the chance, I trotted over and smacked him to the ground. I sat on top of him throwing my hooves at him. Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right. After a thirty second beating, I stopped to check the damage. There was a trail of crimson blood coming from the unicorns mouth, and snout. He had cuts on his face and a swollen eye. He was laying there trying to breath but stay motionless. I looked at myself and saw the blood on my hooves and scattered across my chest, but I didn't care. I looked to the crowd and saw shocked faces and parents covering their foals eyes with a single hoof. I turned to face my cottage and slowly walked away from the shaking unicorn. I pushed the door open and took a couple steps in to find everything in shambles.

Why would somepony do this?

I walked deeper into my destroyed cottage and I could feel my heart skip beats. The living room was tore to shreds. The couch was wrecked and the paintings were ripped and thrown on the floor. I walked to the kitchen and broken glass greeted me. The pots and pans were scattered across the floor along with food, and other cooking supplies. I walked into the hallway to see pieces of my paintings across the floor. Nothing was spared as I continued down the hallway. I got to the door where my room was located. I almost didn't want to open it, but I took a deep breath and opened the door. There was no words to describe the pain I felt when the door opened to revile my best pieces of art on the floor and on the walls with gaping holes in them. It was from the unicorns magic and I knew it. My art easel, my cloths, and my bed were all wrecked. I closed the door slowly and trotted to the front of my cottage. I went to the stone fire place, the one thing they hadn't touched , and felt across the pipe of the chimney until I hit a lose stone. I pulled out the seemingly sturdy stone and checked inside of the empty rock. My little brass key was still inside. I dropped the rock and looked at the base chimney. There was a hole in one of the rocks. I put the key into the hole with my magic and turned it. There was a light click and the stone popped up. The secret compartment still worked after staying closed for two years. I had it installed so I could store money for a crisis. I pulled open the hatch and looked into the hole. There were four large bags inside the hole. I used my magic and pulled out one bag at a time. Three of the bags were full to the top with bits. The last one was full to the top with gems. Every kind of gem you could think of was inside that bag. I had this much from selling some of my paintings to ponies in Canterlot. The bag of gems came from a rich pony who wanted me to paint a huge mural in one of their rooms. That was the only time Luna had to come and find me. That was one of the longest times I was away from out peaceful little hill top where we would just sit and talk all night.

Luna. I miss you so much. I said to myself as tears formed in my eyes.

I opened the doors and started for the crowd of ponies checking on the guards. I used my magic to bring the heavy bags outside. I set them down and used my magic to pick up the matches that the unicorn had used to set my painting on fire. I looked at the black ashes that remained of the once great painting and took a deep breath. I struck a match and threw it into my house. I turned to face the crowd of ponies watching the smoke rise, and the flames start to appear threw a small window. I used my magic to take the four heavy bags to the train station without saying a word. The crowd of ponies made a clear path as I approached, and said nothing to me. I could hear the crackling and the snapping of my cottage behind me, but I didn't look back because I knew the pain sight of my cottage burning would make me cry.

I'm hitting my limit I said to myself.Once I get on that train, I'm going to sleep for a long time. That thought gave me a little joy.

When I reached the other side of town, my coat had a thin trace of sweat and I could even feel myself breathing hard. These bags were pretty heavy. I set them down and took a deep breath. I trotted to the ticket booth, where a tan pony wearing a blue stripped shirt, sat and smiled.

"May I help you sir?" He asked

I looked at the smile on his face and felt a strange anger build up inside me. I took a deep breath and spoke. "How far does this train run?" I asked trying to sound as casual as possible.

"It goes to Canterlot, and from there you can go any where in Equestria." He said while looking at a map on his desk.

"Where is the next place I could catch a train before Canterlot?" I asked.

"Well there is a double track inland that will take you to the settlement towns on the west coast. That should do ya'." He replied still happy as ever.

"Okay that's where I'm heading." I said as I grabbed thirty bits with my magic.

The pony looked down and pressed a couple of buttons until a loud Ding broke the silence. "One ticket to Dodge City. If you don't mind me asking sir, why ar' you leaving." He said while pushing a piece of paper under a small slot.

I slid ten bits across the table. Without thinking I just blurted out. "Marriage"

"Ah well I hope you enjoy yourself mister..." He looked around as if he was trying to find my name in mid air.

"Lighting Bolt." I said while looking at the ticket to check if it was right.

"Lighting Bolt." He repeated. "My name is Dust Cloud." He smiled and stuck a hoof under the glass cut out.

I shook his hoof and smiled. He seemed pleasant and I'm sure he was a nice pony. I let go of his hoof and looked down the tracks. The train was already here. The metal tires screeched against the tracks as a cloud of steam rolled past the front of the train. I forced my bags into one of the train cars and sat down on a bed looking seat.

"All aboard!" Somepony yelled.

The whistle blew and there was a slight jolt before the train stared moving. I looked out the window to the mid day sun beaming down on the green land of Equestria. I felt my heart slow down and my eyelids began to feel heavy.

It's time for sleep. I thought to myself.

I looked back into my train car, only to see empty seats. I put my head down on my fore legs and closed my eyes. The picture of Luna appeared. Luna's face was the first thing I could see, Her dark blue mane came in next and I couldn't help but reach out to touch it. I only felt emptiness. When I opened my eyes, the memory faded away. I wasn't sure if I wanted to sleep. The idea that Luna is some where so cold and alone, killed me inside. I shook my head and tried to think of good times we had together. Memories came flooding into my mind. One was the time we talked about how much different things would be if Equestria was split in two. My favorite memory came next. The time I wanted to scare Luna with a scary story. I got her at the end because I used my magic to poke her in the back with a stick. She jumped and flew behind me as fast as she could. I was rolling on the floor laughing, but when I opened my eyes I saw looking down on me. She looked serious and I felt really bad. Suddenly she couldn't hold that face and just started laughing with me. To believe the princess of the night was scared of that story just made me think. She really just seemed like any other pony. That memory faded and the picture of Luna blushing appeared. I smiled and with that picture in my head I was fast asleep.

------------------

I began to hear the sound from the outside world, breaking my sleep. The light beaming into my eyes didn't help either and slowly I was brought back to the real world. I stretched my arms and legs, only to stop when I heard a loud crack. I looked out the window to see orange fields as far as the eye could see. The sun was setting and soon the cool calm air of night would take over the land. The train car door opened and a stallion walked into my empty car. He was in a blue jacket with some kind of red shit under it. He smiled as he walked past me. Something made me mad when he did that.

A smile for someone like me? If only he knew. He would look at me with a scowl.

Why was I getting so mad over a honest smile? What was so wrong with me? I shook my head rapidly and just let out a sigh. I looked out the window to the wide open fields of the inland Equestria.


Life must be so simple out here.


The train began to slow down and the fields disappeared. We stopped at a small settlement town.


"One hour fuel break." Somepony called out.

My bags were safely stored away and I didn't feel like being cooped up all day long. I grabbed a hoofful of bits and stepped off the train. I walked down the dusty main street and looked for something to do. Suddenly a fast playing piano caught my attention. I walked into the building simply labeled Saloon. There was a unicorn using her magic to play the piano. There were mares and stallions dancing, drinking, and sleeping from having to much to drink. My eyes fell onto the counter and I mumbled to myself.

"Okay I'm going to have one drink."

That didn't happen.

----------------

I felt so much better, as ponies were cheering me on to drink to my hearts content. Hard cider, shots of cider, and whiskey mixed with other drinks were working their magic on my mind.

"Okay ever *hiccup* everypony. I need to *hiccup*....... get back to the sta..... sta"

"Staion?" somepony finished.

"Yeah that." I managed to say.

One of the ponies offered his help and I took it without thinking twice. When we walked out the cool night air hit my face and the moon shined bright. I started to remember why I wanted to drink and instantly got sad.

"Oh Celestia! Why have you taken *hiccup* her from me!?" I yelled at the sky.

"Oh dear did someone in your family pass away recently?" The random pony asked with a frown on his face.

I looked at him with a sad face and tears. "I lost the love of my life." I covered my face with both of my front hooves in an attempt to stop my crying. I started leaning towards the random pony in a drunken state.

He pushed up against me to support my drunken weight. "Oh no. Did you really love her?"

"More than I can *hiccup* describe in words." I said with my front hooves back on the ground. "She was my inspiration. I loved her so much."

The pony stopped me and spoke in a firm tone. "Then fight for her."

The idea went into my drunken head and actually made sense! She was the love of my life and I wanted to do anything for her. I couldn't believe I was just trying to run away from my problem. The idea caused a spark that became a fire, pushing me to change my course. I started racing toward the train as fast as my drunken body would allow me.

"Thank you sir" I yelled back.

"Go get her stranger. Never stop!" He yelled

"Don't worry Luna! I will get you out of that cold prison...... Or die trying!" I yelled to the night sky.