• ...
14
 192
 1,734

Selina Soulflare(Edited)


(Jonathon's POV)

I walked through the castle, having nothing better to do, when I saw something rising up from the forest. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was smoke.

I quickly left the castle, flying over to it, and landing a reasonable distance away, so as to not be seen.I slowly made my way to the fire, and saw something I wasn't expecting.

It was a Dregasis, and from the looks of it, a female. I crept forward, and heard bits of what she was saying.

"He took him from me...," she whispered, "I'll never see him again..."

She looked into the blaze, the glow of the flame reflecting off her eyes.

"He will pay."

I didn't know who or what she was talking about, but I decided to leave before she saw me.

I quickly left, heading back to the castle. I'll ask Draco about it in the morning.

***

I walked through town, looking throught the windows at the front of the shops, when out of nowhere, a dragon flew down and landed in the middle of the Canterlot Shopping Square.

It roared and started killing ponies left and right, their bloody, mangled bodies flying through the air as it swatted them away.Without even thinking, I changed form and flew upwards in a spiral around the beast, hitting it with the spray of flames erupting from my mouth.It looked at me as I went, bellowing out in anger.

"You!," it screeched. "You took him from me, and now you die!"

It swung a clawed arm, hitting me and sending me through a storefront window. I shot up into the air, then flew over to its face.

"I DIDN'T TAKE ANYONE!," I yelled as hard as I could. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

I didn't want to hurt the dragon, but I wasn't going to let it hurt innocents.

I flew forward, swinging my scythe, leaving a gash on its cheek. It roared and hit me, sending me to the ground,effectively knocking the air from my body.

"You made him come here! You made him want to help you!"

I froze mid-flight. I now knew exactly who she was talking about.

I floated up, keeping my scythes at the ready.

"No, Draco offered his help, and I accepted it. Your brother thinks you're the one who's dead. That is why he left."

The dragon stopped, blinking rapidly. It stepped away and morphed back in to a pony. It was the same one from the day before. I walked over to it, then kneeled infront of it.

"He...he thinks I'm dead?," she asked.

I nodded my silent response.

"He left to get revenge on the one he thought killed you."

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I-I thought you took him."

"No," I said. "He came to me."

She looked down, and I noticed tears in her eyes.

"Hey," I called, tilting her head up.

She looked into my eyes, and I swore I saw small flames dancing in her pupils.

I put my arm around her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"It's alright. You didn't know what happened. We all make mistakes."

She hugged back, which left tears on my shoulder.

"Hey, why don't we go find Draco?"

She smiled and pulled away from me.

I looked at the town, noting the horribly mangled, bloodied bodies of ponies as they lay strewn across the way. She looked aroundas well, closing her eyes and beginning to cry again.

"I'm so sorry, and I know it means nothing, but..."

I sighed, cutting her off, then picking her up and holding her like I did with Chrysalis and Sky.

"We'll work this out later. Right now, lets go findyour brother."

I flapped my wings, shooting off back toward the castle. As I landed inside, I put her down, then began to lead her to where Draco was.

"So," I said, trying my best to start a conversation "What's your name?"

"Selina," she said. "Selina Soulflame."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you. My parents gave it to me before they died."

"They died?"

She looked down at her moving hooves in sadness.

"I-I don't want to talk about it."

We continued on in silence for several more minutes. Soon after,we arrived at Draco's room.

"Here we are."

I knocked on the door.

"Draco?"

"Hang on!," I heard him call back.

We waited for a minute, then he finally opened the door. He was about to say something, but stopped as his gaze fell upon Selina.

"S-Selina? Is that you?"

"Draco!"

"By the Gods, it is you!"

They hugged each other lovingly.

"I thought you were dead!," Draco exclaimed, pulling back.

"Well, I thought you left me," Selina said.

"No. I...I thought you died with Mom and Dad. If I had known you were alive, I would have tried to find you. I'm sorry."

Selina pulled him into another hug.

"It's alright, brother."

I was about to ask them if they wanted time to catch up, but there was an explosion in the city. I changed to a dragon and flew off, Draco and Selina trailing right behind me.

I grabbed Matthew as we went, and Celestia, Vega, Chrysalis and Sky followed us as we flew towards the source. What we saw made my heart sink.

It was Him...along with hundreds of thousands of Demons at his side. We were going to need help.

"Jonathon!," he yelled. "You will not escape me again!"

"Never even tried to," I mumbled under my breath.

We landed infront of him, myself drawing my scythes, Draco and Selina turning fully into dragons, Matthew un-sheathing his sword, Vega mutating into Nightmare Moon, andCelestia and Luna mutating into their true forms.

"Ah, there you are. You will never defeat my army and I."

As he finished, a giant wolf jumped over to us, his singular howl louder than anything I had ever thought possible. Then, thousands of wolves showed up, growling and barring their teeth. I looked at the giant wolf, recognizing him instantly.

"Took you long enough, Connor!,"I jokingly calledas my new force settled in behind me.

I turned back to the Devil and his army of Demons.

"Well, it looks like we're even," I said, preparing my scythes.

"It would appear so," he said. He drew a giant sword and leapt back infront of his force.

I raised my scythe, pointing it out infront of myself, taking one last look at my troops before looking back towards the enemy. The world seemed to have fallen silent, no sounds coming from either side.

I inhaled sharply, then gave the command that would start an all-out war.
"CHARGE!"

Our armies ran at each other, clashing in the middle. All around us, Wolves and Demons alike fell by the other's doing. The amount of power radiating from the ordeal was like nothing I'd ever felt. I charged at a Demon, swinging at him and having him block.

"I. Will. Kill. You. Slowly."

"Try. It."

I pushed him away, causing him to stumble. I charged again, only to be blocked by another Demon. I killed it, and saw the Devil swinging his sword at me. I ducked, and we continued to fight as all hell continued to break loose around us.

Author's Note:

Here it is!!! Terribly sorry for the wait. Lord was really busy. But, here it is, and I hope you enjoyed it!