• ...
14
 192
 1,732

Luna (Edited)

I woke up in a soft bed, and tried to look around, trying my best to determine where I was, besides on a bed in a dark room.

"Why am I not in my house? Where am I?"

As I continued to look, my vision slowly returned, and I could see everything clear as day, thanks to the night-vision, one of the many perks of being a dragon. I looked around, and realized that there were pictures of Luna everywhere.

"Wait a minute...I'M IN LUNA'S ROOM!"

I franticly tried to escape, but a wave of pain came crashing down upon my body. The door at the far end of the room opened, and two guards ran in.

"Sir, are you alright?"

"I swear, I didn't do anyt-...wait. Did you just call me 'sir'?"

"Yes, sir. We learned that you were in the military, serving as a Five-Star General. We may not know you or your race very well, but we respect ponies that are higher in rank than ourselves, and you currently hold the highest."

I sat there in disbelief. They knew I was a Five-Star General, and they respected me? What could possibly happen next? I cleared my throat and addressed them.

"Well then, can one of you tell me why I'm here?"

"Sir", the one on the left stepped forward. "Princess Luna has requested that you be kept here until further notice. We have been assigned to guard all possible entries and exits."

"Very well. Will one of you go get the Princess for me? I must speak with her."

"I'm terribly sorry, sir, but she's in Night Court at the moment, but we will let her know that you are well and wish to speak as soon as possible."

"Thank you. Dismissed."

The guards left the room, and I laid back down, trying to relax.

(Shadow Blue's POV)

I left the room, and looked over at my partner as the door to the Princess' chambers closed behind us.

"Wow. For a General, he was pretty nice", I said.

"Yeah. You want to get Luna, or should I?"

"I'll get her. Last time you wen, you ended up in the hospital for a week, remember?"

My partner nodded his head, saying, "Thanks, bro."

I walked to the Meeting Room and opened the door, expecting to see a room full of ponies, but instead, I only saw the Princess . I looked around, thinking she might be in trouble, and took a cautious step forward, whispering, "Ma'am?"

"Yes, Guard?"

"He is well, and wishes to speak with you."

"Very well. Thank you for the notice. Dismissed."

I turned, feeling accomplished, and was about to leave when I heard a sigh from behind myself. It wasn't one of relief however; it was one of sadness. I looked back to see the Princess hanging her head, eyes closed.

"Princess, are you aright?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Come now, Princess, I can tell when you lie. I have been assigned to help you when needed, and I intend to do just that."

"Thank you, Guard, but it would be better if you leave. Somepony may come in..."

"Ma'am, I know for a fact the nopony comes to Night Court. Please, just tell me what's bothering you."

"Shadow", she began. I was shocked that she used my name, but listened on. "I don't want to bore you with the details. You probably wouldn't understand anyway."

"But that doesn't mean I can't try and help. The best medicine is to let it out."

"Very well. I've very recently realized that ponies still shun the night. Are they still afraid?"

"No, they aren't. I personally love looking outside at night; all of the beautiful stars and the ever-bright moon. Alot of ponies feel the same way. Most of them just aren't curious enough."

"Really? Ponies actually do care for my night?"

"Of course. We even have a whole study dedicated to your night, called "astronomy". Nopony is afraid of your night, they just don't appreciate it as much as others."

She took a moment to reply, but finally whispered, "Thank you, Guard. You have given me much to ponder."

"No worries, Princess."

I got up and left the room, making my way back to my post. I returned, and retold the events of the encounter to my partner, who was just as curious about the Princess as I was. We both stopped our chat and resumed the guarding of the door, from which no sound escaped.

Tonight was a success.

Author's Note:

HOLY SHIT!!! This chapter took way too long to come up with. Sorry about it being short, but it was suppossed to be. Now please, if you have ANY ideas as to I can write next, send me a PM. I NEED HELP!!!!
Nightmare Moon: Do help him. His mind has been empty for a while.
HEY!!! Shut it. It's not my fault.
Nightmare Moon: Then whose is it?
...........
Nightmare Moon: That's what I thought. Anyway, BYE!!!