• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 2,652 Views, 105 Comments

Seeds of Redemption - Pyrefly_91



Life was dull for Jason Marston, until he learned he was related to a hero of the west and a naked country girl lands in his pool with nothing but a cowboy hat during a bizarre rain storm. What could possibly happen?

  • ...
17
 105
 2,652

Prologue - Finding the Lost Rainbow

Twilight paced around her library, lost in thought and filled with fear and worry. It had been a few days since she misfired the spell that caused Rainbow Dash to vanish from Equestria. Everyone was beyond distraught. It seemed that when word got out that Rainbow had disappeared, chaos erupted from Ponyville to Cloudsdale. The news even impacted the citizens of Canterlot in an unforeseen way. It got so out of hand ponies started to fear Discord's escape from his stone prison. But if it wasn't for the Princesses combining their power to cast a mass calming spell, that may have been the case.

As Twilight continued to pace feverishly, Spike walked into their home, a look of fatigue sketched upon his face. In his claw was a scroll bearing the seal of Canterlot. He approached the distressed mare and cleared his throat to draw her attention.

"Twilight," Spike started."I just got a letter from Princess Celestia."

"And what did she say?" Asked the lavender unicorn, her features darkening at the thought of what the letter might say.

"The Princess wrote that after countless hours of working with her best unicorn scholars, they finally found out where Rainbow Dash is!"

"That's great Spike! Where is she? Did she say?" Twilight exclaimed, her mood lifting upon hearing the news.

However, now it was the little dragon's turn to display signs of sorrow.

"She said that they found out that Rainbow was sent to another universe."

Twilight's excitement now vanished as fast as Rainbow had that terrible day.

"Another universe? How is that possible? Do other universes even exist?"

"I don't know. The last thing that she wrote was that she will be coming to Ponyville to speak with you and the rest orf the gang."

"Princess Celestia Is coming HERE!" Twilight shrieked, officially entering full panic mode."Quick Spike. Go get the girls and bring them back here.I need to clean up before the Princess arrives!

For the next half hour Twilight rushed around the library, frantically cleaning while Spike set out to gather the remaining Elements of Harmony.

*The following is what Spike went through to round up the mares.*

The first pony Spike went to get was Fluttershy. He figured she would be at her cottage, tending to her animal friends. When he arrived however, Spike was greeted by something very unexpected. Fluttershy was indeed at home, but that wasn't the unexpected part. What was unexpected was that Fluttershy was locked in a starring contest with a Cockatrice. And she was winning, thanks to "The Stare". It seemed that the Cockatrice had petrified a few of the animals, as well as Angel Bunny.Eventually, the Cockatrice submitted, and released all the animals from their stone prisons. After a quick lecture from Fluttershy, It turned tail feather and disappeared into the near by entrance to the Everfree Forest. Spike then took this opportunity to relay his message to once again timid pegasus. Once he had finish telling Fluttershy to head over to Twilight's, head headed for the next mare, and the love of his life, Rarity.

Rarity was also where she was expected, at Carousel Boutique. Spike entered the fashionista's shop and was immediately assaulted by a terrified Sweetie Bell. It seemed Rarity had been using her sister to model her newest oufits and designs. Spike promised Sweetie he would get Rarity to stop for a while, since Twilight needed her at the library. So because of how urgent Spike needed to speak to her sister, Sweetie lead the baby dragon to where his heart throb was working. As soon as they opened the door, the two were swept up and immediately bombarded with fabrics and feathers and gems. It took several minutes for Spike to get the alabaster unicorn to stop and listen to him. Having recieved the message from Spike, Rarity apologized and headed off to the library.

Next on the list was Pinkie. Now she was throwing a huge party for Lyra and Bonbon, who had just announced their engagement a few days prior to Rainbow vanishing. Everypony was there. Cloudchaser and Flitter were talking by the snacks. Berry Punch was in the corner, wasted and shit faced as usual. Derpy was even invited. Vinyl Scratch was hired to DJ the party, and Octavia sat close by, watching the wub loving unicorn lustfully. Pinkie wasn't really all that hard to track down, all Spike had to do was follow the insane amount of laughter till he found Pinkie playing a game of pin the tail on the pony with Wildfire. But as Spike approached the party pony, She stiffened up, bounced in place a few times, and disappeared into thin air. After walking around the party a few times, Spike was eventually approached by Time Turner, who informed him that Pinkie had already left for Twilight's library. And then he started to ramble on about Darleks and Cybermen and somepony named Rose Tyler. Spike just walked away, returning his focus to finding the last mare on his list- Applejack.

The Element of Honesty was the easiest to locate and talk to. It just so happened that she was taking a nap after bucking trees for the majority of the day. Spike simply walked up th the sleeping cow mare and gently shook her awake. After hearing Spike's message, AJ told Spike to hop on her back, and together, they raced off back to Ponyville to join the others.

By the time they reached the library, Princess Celetia had already arrived and was waiting for the to join the group. Now with Applejack present, the Sun Goddess began the meeting.

"Now, you are all probably wondering why I have asked you all here to speak with you five ponies today." The Princess began. The five friends looked at each other, and with out saying a word, shook their heads no. But aside from Twilight, none of the others knew what was discovered. But they did have a feeling as to the reason they where all in the presence of the co-ruler of their home. However none of them wanted to speak.

After minutes began to drag on for eternity, Applejack finally broke the silence.

"Yer here about what happened to RD, aren't cha, Princess?"

"That is correct Applejack. And I have good news. Rainbow Dash is alive."

Everyone that didn't already know this perked up at the news of their friend.

"But, my little ponies, she is in a universe far different than that of our own."

The mares began to ramble among themselves. After a few minutes, Twilight stepped forward.

"What can you tell us about this universe, Princess?"

"Well, Its not the universe itself that your friend arrived in, but more where in it she did. And to answer that, she is on a world called Earth. Earth Is inhabited by bipedal being called humans. Humans are the superior life form on Earth. Animals can not talk as you and I can. We know that to allow her to fit in, the powers of the universe transformed her into a human, which means finding her will not be as easy as asking somepony if they have see a talking pony with wings and a cutie mark. Also, Magic does not exist in this world. To compensate, humans have advanced technologies, such as motorized vehicles, boats, and flying metal birds known as airplanes."

"So Why ya tellin' us all this yer Majesty?" AJ asked.

"Because I will be sending one of you to hopefully find Rainbow Dash and keep each other safe till we can find a spell to build a temporary bridge between the universes, as to bring you home safely. The last thing we know for sure is that Rainbow Dash is somewhere in the country of the United States of America. Now that you ponies know all there is to tell, which one of you will be brave enough to go on this journey?"

Once again the mares began to talk among themselves, until AJ stepped away from the group.

"I'll go Princess. As an Earth Pony, I've never needed more than my strength and bravery to accomplish anything. I'm sorry girls, but ya'll just not cut out for something as tough as this. So Princess, I accept this journey to save Rainbow Dash and return home together."

"If that is your wish, then I wish you the best of luck Applejack. I hope to see you and Rainbow Dash soon."

And with that, The library filled with a light brighter than the now setting sun, and when the flash subsided, the orange cow mare was gone.