• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 2,651 Views, 105 Comments

Seeds of Redemption - Pyrefly_91



Life was dull for Jason Marston, until he learned he was related to a hero of the west and a naked country girl lands in his pool with nothing but a cowboy hat during a bizarre rain storm. What could possibly happen?

  • ...
17
 105
 2,651

Chapter 1- Raining Cats and Cowgirls

"Jason Marston! This is the FBI. We have the building surrounded. A SWAT team has been called in and will be arriving in just a few minutes. Please, surrender now and come out peacefully. We don't want to open fire, but we will if we must. Just come out with the girl and be done with this."

'What the fuck.' I thought to myself, glancing over at the girl that had gotten me into this mess. She was looking back at me, tears in her eyes, shaking her head mouthing the words "We can't give up." 'Damn it! Why is it that everytime a chick comes into my life, do I end up being hunted down by some kind of agency.'

"Thanks a lot Gramps, you just had to be famous." I muttered, cursing the night I learned about my Great Great Great Grandfather, a hero in the wild west, and the scourge to bandits everywhere. As those word leave my mouth, I stood up, aim my favorite sniper rifle at one of the feds, and I fired.

But wait, I'm getting a little a head of myself, so lets add some filler to this tale. My name, is Jason Marston, 22, and I live in Brockton, MA. I live alone and pass my time outside of work playing video games, dicking around on the internet, and drawing, which I suck at by the way. I was born in San Antonio, Texas, but following my mother's death on Valentine's Day of the year I turned 15, I was sent to live with my aunt on the other side of the country in a city called Brockton in Massachusetts. I would have stayed with my father, but my new stepmother was a total bitch and convinced my father to send me away. I stayed with my aunt till I turned 20, then moved out to live in a house I would be renting for cheap on the other side of the city. I've lived alone of two years now, just letting life pass me by. But that all changed one stormy night.

*Time becomes past-present from this point forward.*

"Finally caught up." I proclaimed, logging out of my favorite online MMO 'AdventureQuest Worlds'. "Now what? Should I find a good porn vid and rub one out? Or screw around on 'StumbleUpon'?" I was honestly leaning towards the porn, but per usual, whenever I had to decide between two different things, I had to flip a coin. And due to the regularity in which this happened, I always had a coin at the ready. My favorite coin to use was a prop coin I got when I bought 'The Dark Knight' DVD from my old eviction job. It was Two-Face's twin headed dollar, with one side pristine, and the other hohorribly defaced. "Clean side- Web searching. Fucked up side- Porn."

I flicked the coin into the air, and caught it on the back of my right hand, my left covering the coin. I removed my hand to reveal the results. Fucked up side up.

"That's one for porn," I say to myself, a little smile creeping its way across my face. I reset the coin and flick it back into the air. I catch it and reveal the second outcome. It's clean side up this time, the smile vanishing from my face. "Tie-breaker time." I say, resetting the coin one last time, flicking it into the air and catching it. "Please be fucked up. Please be fucked up!" I pleaded, but fate was cruel. I moved my hand and my excitement vanished as fast as my hard-on. "Fine, I'll do 'StumbleUpon for an hour, then I'll go to bed." I whimpered, setting my ground rules for my activity.

Upon opening the home page to the random result search engine, I was suddenly struck with the desire to look up stuff on my family tree. But I didn't want to randomly find the info I needed, I wanted it now. So I did what any person these days would do, I Googled myself, with the words 'Marston Family Tree' tacked onto the end. Several links popped up. I started to view some of them, but quickly got pissed when the all gave me pretty much the same shit. So after a few failed links, I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the list, actually praying to find something, And I did. The final link on the page was for a detailed Family Tree for the Marston name, put together by a genealogy class out of Texas A&M.

"Finally, something straight from my old stomping grounds."

I opened the link and was greeted by a single web page, with each name listed linking to a different site with the info on it. It had my whole lineage, but not just my father's but my blood mother's as well. From her name, I traced the branches back through the years, right till I found a relative that lived during the time of the US's Manifest Destiny period. The name I found was that of John Marston. He was described as a thief, and a murderer. But it also read that he was a hero to the helpless and who's name alone struck fear in the hearts of the wicked. It said that following a heist he and his gang of bandits had just pulled off, they turned on him, shooting him and leaving him for dead. He survived however, and vowed to hunt them down one by one. While on his personal vendetta, he helped countless people in need. Now, not by any means were all of the jobs he did 'Good' on any moral compass, but they needed to be done to help him find the bastards that left him for the buzzards. In truth, many of the jobs he did entailed hunting down some dumb ass person and putting a bullet through their skull.

Upon finishing the article, a lot of the things I was good at made sense to me. For example, put any kind of firearm in my hand that can fire something other than bird shot, and I can hit a bulls eye from 250 yards out. Also, I loved riding horseback. Never have I felt so free except for when I'm playing a good game. But even that's not the same. And finally, I seem to always get myself mixed up in other peoples bullshit.

By the time I finished reading all I could find on my grandfather, it was almost two in the morning. Being a closet bookworm had its drawbacks. But not only was it really late, but it had started to rain.

"Shit," I said to the empty house. "I hope this storm clears up by morning, I hate the rain. Nothing but trouble happens when it rains."

I shut down the computer and walked out into my kitchen to grab a glass of juice before heading up to my bed, depression beginning to fill me as I walk around my empty home.

I had never had a problem finding a girl to date me. But I always ended up dating some chick with a bad habit or some personal baggage they refused to let me in on till it was too late. I just wish to find a normal, honest, down to earth girl that wants to truly be with me, not to use me as a scape goat when the police or some collection agency comes looking for them.

Still deep in though, I turn on a TV I put in the kitchen and flip through the channel till I come across the local news. It seems that the storm that was going on was only over Brockton, no where else. This story was so big, that it made headline news. I turned the volume up as the anchor woman began to go over what was know about the rain storm.

'Scientists are baffled by the bizarre storm sitting over the city of Brockton this morning. This abnormality seemed to just appear out of no where and is not following any predicted weather patterns that have been observed in the previous days.'

"Holy fuck." I said upon hearing the news cast. "I am not going out in this shit. I'm texting Jose in the morning and calling in sick."

With that, I finished my glass of juice, placed it in my dish washer, and turned off the TV. But just as I went to go up to my bedroom, I heard someone screaming from off in the distance. And it was getting closer, and from my backyard. I ran to my back door, opened it and stood beneath the overhang I built to shield my door from the weather. I looked around, confused as to where the screams were emitting from, until I looked up. There, falling from the sky, was a naked girl, about my age, screaming, and falling to the earth. All she had was a cowboy hat, held to her head with one hand, the other covering her chest. I stood there in awe, unable to move due to the sight of the girl literally falling out of the sky. But I quickly snapped back to reality when she landed in my pool with a load crack. She had hit the water flat on her back, which means she must have flattened herself while I was in lala land, hopping it would soften the landing. But instead, she was knocked out by the force of the impact, and was sinking to the bottom of the deep end.

"Oh fuck!" I cried, running out into the storm, and diving into the water, not giving a damn about my clothes, just caring about saving this chick that fell out of the sky.I dove right into the pool and hooked one arm around the chick. She was heavier than she let on, I swam upwards and tossed her on the poolside, amazingly, her stetson stayed on. I dragged my own dripping wet body out of the pool and onto the tiles. The girl looked unconscious, and pretty darn good looking. I checked her pulse. She was still alive, thank god. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then my mind made the transition from "panicked" to "horny".

"Goddamit boner stay down!"

I gave her a couple of light slaps to the face. She woke up and crawled backwards into my fence, but I kept up with her.

"Hey, hey, hey, easy. What's your name?" I asked

"Applejack. Name's Applejack." She answered, gasping for air.

"I'm Jason. You do realize you're damn lucky to be alive." I said, a smug look on my face. I pointed off to the other side of the pool and added," a few more feet and I would have had me a damn fine looking pancake next to my pool."

"Well thank ya kindly, But, a, would you mind telling me where I am? I'm not from here, hence the whole falling out of the sky thing."

"Not a problem. But first, let's get you dried off, warmed up and in my bed first, what do you say?"

Author's Note:

There it is guys. The last half is all free form, since i didn't intend for this to drag on like it did. I hope you guys like this, and please leave a comment below with anything I may have fucked up on. I have ZERO first hand experience with RDR, so please correct me on that as well. The next part will be out in due time, so please be patient. TTUL. Later!