• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 5,733 Views, 82 Comments

Close Encounters of the Sixty-Third Kind - Yoshirocks341



An unexpected adventure throws the genderswap versions of the mane 6 (and Spike) into the same dimension as their originals! What will happen when they meet? Only time will tell...

  • ...
16
 82
 5,733

Chapter 15: The Reveal...

“Dun, dun, dun!” Bubble Berry slammed down on the invisible keyboard once more for an encore.

“Bubble!” Dusk Shine hissed. “This is not the time crazy nonsense! Can’t you see that-“

“Shush, silly,” Bubble interrupted. “I want to hear what he’s going to say!”

Dusk began to protest, but stopped himself, knowing that it would do no good. He brought his attention back to the two colts that had barged through the front door.

“Finally!” the younger colt exclaimed, as he slowly trotted towards the center of the room. “We’ve been trying to catch you guys all day!”

He squinted his eyes as he surveyed the ponies in front of him. “Now that we have you right where we want you…”

He carefully turned and stared specifically at the colts, “we’d like to help send you guys back home!”

...

“Wha—eally--ou ca--How do yo--so they’r—how is that—“

“Hold up, hold up, hold up,” the younger colt tried to quiet down the wave of questions that came back to him. Eventually, the silence returned. He looked back at the light blue colt who had followed him in. “I guess we have some explaining to do…”

“I would say so!” Rarity interjected.

“Ah agree,” Applejack added on as she pointed to the six colts. “Are they really colt versions of us? Is that even possible, because Twi said something about…”

Applejack glanced behind her for some help in explaining Twilight’s theory, only to find Twilight sprawled across the floor, completely out.

“Working on it!” Spike shouted as he ran back into the room. He emptied a bucket of water that he was carrying onto of her. On one of the sides of the bucket, it read “In Case of Fainting, Dump Water”.

“Ahh!’ Twilight screamed as the almost freezing water jolted her awake. She gazed around to see that all the mares were staring at her now and she saw even some of the colts looking at her. Her face began to redden as Spike came back with a yellow towel. On the side, a tag was stuck that stated, “In Case of Wetness, Damp Skin.”

“As Ah was saying…” Applejack turned away from this mess to ask her question once more about the other, “Are these colts…us?”

“Yes,” the older colt answered. “They are from a dimension where everypony’s gender is the opposite.”

“It appears that we arrived here through some sort of blue hole that formed in the Golden Oaks Library from our dimension,” Dusk added. “Do you know anything about that?”

“Well…that actually is our fault,” the older colt explained. “See, there is this machine I have been working on, with some help of course. Fox here was helping me a test run this morning. It was supposed to make two portals, an entrance and an exit, on either side of the machine.”

“Oooo!” Pinkie Pie squealed as she interrupted the story. “Was one of the portals orange?”

“I don’t know, because one of the codes I put in the machine became corrupted by a bug in the system,” the light blue colt continued. “The machine suddenly shook like an earthquake had hit and two random coordinates appeared on its main screen. One of them I quickly figured out, the coordinates were for an area just outside Ponyville. The second coordinate I couldn’t figure out as easily. It had some weird “D” coordinate in front of the normal “X”, “Y”, and “Z”.”

“I pointed out that the “D” could stand for dimension,” the younger colt jumped in. “The machine wasn’t made to cross into other dimensions, but…another pony was looking around in the machine’s programming about the chance of it.”

“Another pony?” Rainbow Blitz echoed. “You mean there’s more than just you two?”
The two colts exchanged concerned glances.

“Come on, doc,” the younger colt tried to push the other one out of his uncertainty. “We already told them a lot. Besides, it does relate to why we’re here.”

“I suppose then it’s alright…” the older colt replied reluctantly. He turned his attention back to the now twelve confused ponies, along with two puzzled dragons. “Yes, there is a third pony. We contacted him as soon as we found out something had gone wrong. I used a device that lets you communicate instantly from two completely different locations. He told us to find out what exactly got corrupted and what dimension the other portal was sent to.”

“Then, it was just a random coincidence that their dimension, out of the all of the possible dimensions, happened to be affected,” Rarity pointed out. “How…” she paused for a moment, taking a quick glance at her colt counterpart. She tried to hide a small grin, “unfortunate.”

“Actually, it wasn’t that random,” the younger colt spoke up. “It was one of the few alternate dimensions that he had looked into, so the data for it must have still been somewhere within the programming. If you were wondering why, let’s just say working on secret science stuff isn’t the best place to find mares…”

“After I discovered what went wrong inside the programming,” the older colt took over the reins to the story once more, “I contacted him once again. He told me that he would love to go out and fix the problem himself, but sadly he promised his wife that he would spend the afternoon on a mini-vacation with her alone.”

“That’s nice of him…” Butterscotch responded, barely louder than a whisper.

The older colt just went on talking. “He came up with the idea of writing some equations and steps that I would need on a piece of paper. Then, he planned to send it to me in secret, so nopony would find out, especially his wife. He needed us however to go visit his workplace. Before we left, I grabbed a gadget that would detect anypony who had gone through one of the portals.”

“We went to his place of business, only to find that the object he mentioned that the piece of paper was hidden with had already been taken,” the younger colt continued vaguely. “When we asked about it to his wife, she mentioned it had been delivered. We couldn’t figure out exactly why he had told her that it had to be delivered somewhere. Maybe it was the only way he could get it out and in the open so we could take it without being suspicious.”

“I think you can stop being so mysterious Fox; they probably have already figured it out who he is,” the older colt stepped in. “Especially if they have heard about the whole farm occurrence.”

“Oooh!” Bubble exclaimed. He quickly searched around his curly, mangled mane. Eventually, he whipped out a white strip of paper. “This must be yours then!”

He bounced over and gave the paper strip to the older colt. “I only read the first two words, that’s a Bubble Promise, one that it berry-ly broken! When I saw that it read ‘Top Secret’, I knew it must be very important! So, I told nopony about it, not even hinted at it. I even didn’t tell the reader!”

“Hold on there sugar cube,” Bubble turned around to face Applejack. “Your sayin’ that the piece of paper stayed in your hair the whole time we were bein’ chased?”

“Uhuh!” Bubble replied, resembling a bobblehead.

“…And during the time when Applejack took you into their house and I helped heal your wound?” Twilight asked.

“Uhuh!” Bubble repeated again, his head still bouncing.

“…And when you got up, jumped on my back and I zoomed off in a blink of an eye?” Rainbow Blitz added.

“Uhuh!” Bubble gave the same response with the same action.

Elusive shook his slowly head. “Bubble Berry…remind me to get you a comb as a present for your next birthday.”

Bubble blinked. “What’s a comb?”

“This is great doc!” the younger colt shouted as the older colt carefully put the strip of paper into one of the many pockets of the white lab he was wearing. “We finally might see the Warp Zone work properly after all the work we’ve put into it!”

“Hey, I just relieved something!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she swooped over to the two colts. “You guys are both huge science nerds! How on earth do you know some high pegasus in the Wonderbolts!”

“Err…” Doc muttered as he made eye contact with the floor to the left of him.

“You lied to me!” she screeched, pulling back in surprise. “Why I oughta—“

“Whoa there, Nelly!” Applejack called as she pulled back on Rainbow’s tail.

“Speaking of which,” Dusk said as Applejack tried to keep Rainbow Dash out of the two colts’ faces, “why did you two want me anyways?”

“We figured we needed another smart pony to help us work on the Warp Zone,” Doc explained. “Fox noticed that the colt’s craziness resembled Pinkie Pie, one that Mr. Cake talked a lot about.”

“Wait, Mr. Cake is the one super good with the sciencey stuff!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“A lot of science goes into baking high quality cakes,” Fox replied with a smile.

“Anyways, on our way back we put the Zapper back in one of our secret hiding places,” Doc continued. “The Zapper is a machine that shoots stunning shots.”

“Was that the weird object that Applejack mentioned you using while chasing them?” Spike asked.

“Yes,” Doc confirmed. “Fox thought it would be best if we brought it, just in case there were any problems. However, it seemed that him bringing it just ended up making problems.”

“I’m sorry I yelled at you two like that,” Fox added. “Guess I sort of just panicked.”

“I checked the gadget I brought to see if his suspicion about the colt we just ran after was correct,” Doc motioned to Bubble. “It had registered that a pony we had been close had traveled through one of the portals. An idea was made that since Pinkie Pie’s interdimensional colt self had traveled through, her friends’ colt selves might as traveled through as well.”

“Even though we are scientists, it doesn’t mean we live under a rock,” Fox explained, giving a quick laugh at his own joke. “We know about the Elements of Harmony and the well known smarts of the bearer of the Element of Magic.”

Twilight blushed a little at the compliment.

“We hurried back through town, searching around for a unicorn colt.” Doc continued on. “It wasn’t too hard to find you. When we tried to convince you to come with us however, we realized we didn’t have a good case for you to come with us. That’s when we decided to try using force again, and again it failed. When we saw Rainbow Dash knocked out on the ground of one of the alleyways sometime later, it was decided that we should head back to the Sugarcube Corner in hopes the Mr. Cake would still be there.”

“Knocked out!” Fluttershy cried. “That must have hurt really badly! But…I thought you said you let him go because you thought something suspicious was going on…”

“Umm…well,” Rainbow Dash stammered. “Let’s not bother with details like that…heh heh…”

“To our surprise, when we arrived at the Sugarcube Corner, it had been turned into a monster party location,” Fox said. “Though, we really shouldn’t have been too surprised. When we were leaving the Sugarcube Corner for the first time, we saw ponies putting up some decorations outside. I guess we should have paying more attention to that.”

“We stayed at the party to …you know; scientifically study the characteristics of a good party,” Doc smiled sheepishly. “When we heard the commotion coming from upstairs and outside, we jumped back into action. We knew we had to end up finding you colts and tell the situation at hoof. It was the only possibility left. So, we decided to quietly tail you mares, after we figured out you were going to do your own searching for the colts.”

“It seemed you were having better luck finding your colts selves than we were!” Fox added.

“And now…” Doc glanced around the library, “we’re here!”

“May I ask you two one more question?” Elusive piped up. “I find it extremely rude of us for not asking you two this before, but what are your names?”

“My name is Flying McFox,” the red vested colt motioned to himself, “and he is Doctor Emit Blue.”

“Well, how do you do Flyin’ McFox!” Applejack gave him the tip of her hat. “Though, I must say that the name “Flying” seems strange for an earth pony like yourself.”

“Actually, the vest I’m wearing is to cover up my wings,” McFox cleared up. “I do that so I don’t stand out when walking around Ponyville, especially when I’m trying to be secretive.”

“Anyways,” Doctor Blue spoke up before anyone could criticize how counterintuitive that idea actually was, “that should be all from us. Thanks for the help! We should be heading back now and see what we can do.”

“Wait!” Pinkie Pie yelled. “You can’t leave us now! There’s one thing that all my new friends need to get before they go!”

“You betcha!” Bubble Berry joined right on in. “I agree with my mare-y form! Everypony I know gets one, and I don’t want you two to be left out. That wouldn’t be nice!”

“Okay…” Doc Blue replied hesitantly. “What is this…”thing”?”

“A PARTY!” Pinkie and Bubble exclaimed in joyous union. They quickly dashed off, Pinkie dragging a confused McFox, while Bubble pulled along a stunned Doctor Blue.

“Umm…I think we should follow them…” Dusk spoke up after a short moment of silence.

“I agree,” his mare counterpart answered. “I don’t think this dimension can handle a full blown double Pinkie party.”

“Or a double Bubble bash,” Dusk added.

As their minds filled with images of the possible destruction, everyone saddled up and hurried after the pink menaces.