• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 5,733 Views, 82 Comments

Close Encounters of the Sixty-Third Kind - Yoshirocks341



An unexpected adventure throws the genderswap versions of the mane 6 (and Spike) into the same dimension as their originals! What will happen when they meet? Only time will tell...

  • ...
16
 82
 5,733

Chapter 4: The Partyholic...

*Flashback to the time right after everyone split up to go their separate ways*

“Have you…umm seen anything out of the ordinary?”

The light blue-green unicorn just shook her head and walked away from the purple colt asking the question.

Butterscotch sighed. “What am I supposed to be looking for anyways?” he thought to himself, “Oh, I’m just glad I’m disguised. It would be way harder if I wasn’t. It’s easier to talk to people when they can’t recognize you for who you really are.”

Butterscotch observed the town in front of him, wondering what he should do next. A group of three mares were gathered in a corner. One was pink with light lime green hair and had two daisies marked on her. Another was light yellow and there was a bunch of reds in her hair. A rose was stamped on her side. The last one was a darker pink than the first mare, with golden brown hair and there were three lilies that had gathered by her tail. They were taking care of some flowers in a garden.

Butterscotch looked to the right to see two colts talking to a mare working at a stand. The mare, who seemed to be the owner of it, was covered in a bright yellow color and had flowing brown hair that contained a hint of orange. One of the two colts that were talking to her was light blue and his white hair had thinned over the years. The other colt had a red vest on and had thick brown hair. They left the stand without buying anything and went on their way.

Butterscotch turned to his left to see a stallion walk up to another stand. The white stallion was humongous, with his arm muscles bigger than his head. His eyes were a pure bright red, making him stand out even more. His light brown hair was cut so that every hair was the same length. His petite wings seemed nonexistent due to the size of his back muscles. A small black dumb bell was pictured on his ripped butt. When the red-haired orange colored mare behind the stand asked if he wanted anything, he shouted, “Yeah!

“Well if anything out of the ordinary here, that would be it,” Butterscotch said to himself, “I definitely don’t remember anypony looking like that!”

Butterscotch started to walk towards the muscular pony. Then, suddenly, his field of vision turned pink.

“Hello there! Are you new to town?” the pink blast asked.

“Oh, ummm ya I am…” Butterscotch replied.

Butterscotch looked at the pink mare. She had bouncy curls of pink hair flowing down her back. Her tail continued this trend and her tail hair bounced all the way to the ground. Her eyes had a...”You don’t have to describe every last detail about me you know!” the pink stranger butted in.

Huh?

“You describe every character in great detail you silly goose! Why don’t you just show them pictures like this or this?”

It allows the reader to create a unique picture in their head.

“Even characters they already know?”

Yes.

“Okkkkay. This also bugs me. Why don’t you just say the names of the character in their descriptions?”

It gives the reader a time to guess and figure out who the character is before being told.

“Like a guessing game!”

Yes.

“Oooo, nice.”

Well, can we get back to story and stop interrupting me?

“But it’s so much fun to jump into your narration!”

*Sigh* Fine. Unless it is a really clever joke though, you stay out of my commentary. Okay?

“You got it!” the pink pony that seemed to move like a bouncy house replied.

“Who are you talking to?” Butterscotch had finally decided to say something to the strange newcomer.

“Ummm,” the pink menace thought about whether or not she wanted to try to explain the existence of the fourth wall to a random stranger, “No one. Just myself.”

“Ooookay,” Butterscotch replied puzzled, “and who are you?”

“My name is Pinkie Pie!” the cotton candy haired pony answered. “What’s yours, Mr. Random Stranger?”

“Oh, my name is Butterscotch,” the owner of that name replied, glad that this Pinkie Pie had finally said a sentence that made logical sense.

“You know what you need Butterscotch?” Pinkie Pie was grinning from ear to ear.

“Wha..‘A PARTY!’” Pinkie Pie grabbed Butterscotch and dragged him away.
*****************************************************************************************

When the shock of the meeting had finally worn off, Butterscotch figured out who this stranger was.

“Wonderful. Of all the ponies I could have run into, I end up meeting Bubble Berry ’s gender swapped counterpart. Just great!” he whispered to himself.

Butterscotch turned and saw that they had arrived at their destination. It was a giant red building, with a great white stripe going down the middle. Through the windows, Butterscotch could see everything a pony needed for a party. Streamers, balloons, paper plates, cakes, and even plastic ponies for those who wanted to have friends, and didn’t. The air around the building was even filled with the party spirit.

“He’s doing it again...” Pinkie Pie muttered underneath her breath.

“What?”

“Nothing…nothing. Hey, let’s go get some supplies for your party!”

As they entered the building, Butterscotch tried to explain something to Pinkie Pie. “You really don’t have to throw a party for me…”

“I know I don’t have to throw you a party,” the bubbly pony responded, “I want to throw you a party!”

Before Butterscotch could say anything in response, Pinkie Pie quickly turned to the clerk. “What do you have in stock?”

The clerk turned to face her. His skin was a bright light yellow and wore a blue and white striped shirt. The sleeves were pulled up all the way to where his legs started. He had donned on his head a yellow hat, to cover up his red and white-striped hair. His tail stuck out his back, fiercely showing off the red and white pattern. A big black bow tie was stuck to his chest, completing his work outfit.

“Well,” the clerk cleared his trout, “we have beverages, napkins, cake plates, cups, cutlery (that means spoons, forks, and knives young lady), dinner plates, luncheon napkins, dinner napkins, tablecloths, balloons, banners, centerpieces, confetti, party blowers , party hats, streamers, wall decorations/cutouts, plastic ponies, yard signs, drinks and ice, food for a meal, ice cream, snacks, activity items, craft supplies, art supplies, prizes for games, cake candles, matches, cake platters, serving knifes, extra tables, extra chairs, ice buckets, cameras, film, serving dishes, bowls, and cake.”

“Hmmm, I’ll take a set of everything! Bring them over to the Sugarcube Corner as fast as you can. I want everything to be there in less than an hour!” Pinkie Pie replied, putting a good sum of money on the counter.

“Great Scott! I better hurry then!” the clerk sprinted off into the back room.

Pinkie hopped back over to Butterscotch. “We better get going too! Your party needs to be all planned out!”

Butterscotch looked at her. “You bought all that stuff, yet you don’t have a clue what you’re going to do with it?”

Pinkie just shrugged. “Ya, I guess. Never stopped me before!”

Pinkie bounced out the front door, with Butterscotch reluctantly following behind.
****************************************************************************************

Pinkie Pie led Butterscotch to a wonderfully strange building. Butterscotch looked up at it to see a white building with brown lines all over it. The roof flipped the colors, with it being brown and had white curved lines all over it. A strange purple chimney popped out on one end of the roof, and a nest was been beautifully made on the other side. The very top of the building had a giant non-edible pink cupcake, which was for someone turning three.

“C’mon! Let’s head inside!” Pinkie Pie shouted over her shoulder at Butterscotch.

As Pinkie Pie flew through the front door, Butterscotch slowly poked his head in. Inside there was a sweet themed room. Pieces of candy were topped as decoration on one of the passageways. The pillars were candy cane colors in the middle. The tops and bottoms of the pillars resembled chocolate. Cupcakes, mini versions of the one on top of the building, sat on a stand for ponies to look at. The floor was the only thing not themed. Its wood was a dark teal and was accompanied by a light green rug.

“Ta-da!” Pinkie Pie screamed, “Welcome to the Sugarcube Corner!”

Before Butterscotch could comment, Pinkie Pie interrupted him. “Well, first thing we need to do is to figure out how to invite everyone to the party.”

If Butterscotch was drinking anything, he would have spat it out. “Everyone!

“Ya, sure! Why not?” Pinkie Pie replied giggling, “The more the merrier!”

Butterscotch was worried. “Everyone!” he thought to himself, “Oh no, that probably means…”

“I usually have a route I randomly make, yelling all the way to everyone that they are invited to my party,” Pinkie Pie completely ignored Butterscotch’s worried face, “but since at the store I thought, ‘Let’s start this party real soon!’ I might need some extra help.”

“Ummm...extra help?” Butterscotch repeated while snapping back to reality from his thoughts.

“That’s what I said!” Pinkie Pie replied with a grin, “And I know some ponies that will be willingly to help!”

“Who?” Butterscotch was pretty sure that he knew who, but he wanted to make sure.

“My bestest friends in the whole wide world! They helped me save the world you know!”

You saved the world?” Butterscotch decided to play dumb about the whole thing.

Pinkie Pie sent out a gleeful giggle. “Ya I know. Who would have thought I would, but I did! Now, I’m getting a bit off track, like I always am. I need to see if I can find my friends.”

“Who?” The purple pegasus was slowly turning into a curious owl.

“Well…” the pink earth pony started, “Twilight Sparkle is the librarian in town and she’s a tad on the nerdy side and does a lot with books and magic and all sort of stuff like that.”

“Dusk Shine.” Butterscotch thought.

“Rarity is the local clothes shop owner and she loves doing stuff with clothes. She has even made me and the rest of my friends their own dresses for a fancy occasion once. We even had our own fashion show!”

“Elusive.” Nervous thoughts started popping into Butterscotch’s head. “Can I fool them all?”

“Applejack is the hard-working farmer that lives on the farm right outside of the main town. She speaks in a really weird way and so does the rest of her family!”

“Umm...Applejack. That’s easy to remember.”

“Rainbow Dash is a shades-wearing, fast-flying, rainbow-making, pile of coolness! She has pulled some crazy pranks with me!”

“Rainbow Blitz.” Butterscotch had done the math. He figured out there was only one more…

“Fluttershy is the most timid pegasus I think that has ever lived! She loves animals with all her heart and has her own little cottage in the woods to take care of them!”

"Me." Butterscotch was a tad scared how accurate that sounded.

“And they’ll all be coming here to help us!”

Butterscotch gave Pinkie Pie a scared stare. “Here! Like here here?”

“Of course silly! Where else would here be?”

Butterscotch was flipping out. “Oh dear, they are all coming here to help make a party for me!” Thoughts were flying around his brain. “They will surely figure out who I am, especially with all of them together at once! Then they’ll take me some scary place and try to figure out where everyone else is! Maybe even do some tests on me! They’ll take needles and poke me and who knows what!”

Pinkie Pie looked over at his newly found guest. “Are you alright Butterscotch? You look a little...strange.”

Butterscotch’s eyes were rapidly twitching back and forth in their sockets. His lip was stuck inside his mouth, and was being bit upon. His feet were flying all over the place.

“What? *quick breathing* I’m fine!” Butterscotch’s voice was very shaky. “I’ve never been better!” *nervous laugh*

Butterscotch didn’t have the faintest idea why though everything had suddenly turned black as he fell over onto the floor.