• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,417 Views, 86 Comments

The Wackiness of Unofficial Life - edward18



Ever wanted to see a fic of Twilight and Spike getting together simply because the fic demands it?

  • ...
15
 86
 3,417

Chapter 23: When All Hell's Breaking Loose

Chapter 23: When All Hell's Breaking Loose

Twilight's legs were shaking more than they ever had in her life. To her left Rainbow Dash struggled to get up, blood dripping down her mouth. Fluttershy, as all them should probably have been doing, was taking cover behind a tree with Rarity only slightly more brave in front of her. Pinkie Pie had just gone crazy in unleashing whatever she could think up on the monster only to be thrown back with less effort than he'd dismissed the blue pegasus. Applejack seemed to be holding her ground better, but even then all he was doing was sidestepping whatever she did. Discord just sat off to the side munching on popcorn and taking an occasional sip of soda.

"Yo Twilight!" he called, "How much you wanna bet Applejack doesn't last another minute?"

"We'll deal with you in a second!" the earth pony barked to shut the chimera up. Unfortunately the brief distraction was taken advantage of by her opponent. With a flex of his wings Applejack was sent hurtling towards them and landed face first against Rainbow Dash's stomach.

"Ooo..." Discord cringed, "That'll be thirty bits." Twilight growled and jumped up. They may not have been a match for the monster but they still had one ace left.

"That's it...girls...Elements! Now!" Twilight ordered. Spike took a few steps back from the group in the chance that what they were about to do wasn't safe for allies. One by one the ponies picked themselves up and produced the necklaces and tiara.

"Oh this should be good," Discord commented before taking a long sip from his drink. The Alicorn however wasn't nearly as relaxed. Though he was certain of the outcome of the fight, the objects that the ponies had intrigued him quite a bit. Slowly they started to lift into the air, a bright light illuminating the group. The Alicorn's eyes grew. There was a familiar energy growing from the colored cores of the necklaces and tiara. Such power wasn't normal in the realm they were in. Twilight opened her eyes, pure white light glowing out of them. Unicron brightened his as well.

A loud crack echoed across the land as the usual rainbow began to form. This time though it did not attack their enemy. This time the chipped Elements shattered and exploded scattering the group about the ground. Smoke lifted from the charred holes that the Elements had inhabited in the pieces of jewelry. The ponies looked their items over in pure shock.

"They more than likely would not do much to me, but it was best to eliminate any chance you have correct?" Unicron asked. Fluttershy had never been more scared. Not only was the monster making short work of both Rainbow Dash and Applejack, but it had destroyed the Elements of Harmony! The only hope they had!

"...can you kill us non-painfully?..." she whimpered. Only the more athletic ponies gave her degrading looks, although they too fully understood where she was coming from. None of them wanted to face this kind of being. But they had to. They were the only chance that their world had. The last line of defense.

"Who is your leader?" the dark voice inquired.

"Uh...do we really have a-"

"I am," Twilight cut Applejack off. Sternly she got back up and stomped her hoof to mark her reply.

"Die," Unicron uttered. Every ponies' eyes shot wide open. Faster than they'd seen any pony else charge, Unicron galloped at Twilight, his horns low to the ground for his strike. Discord put a finger to his mouth. The abomination's actions had even surprised him. Twilight's eyes were the ones that expanded the most though. She didn't have time to cast a spell or anything. But her mind did have time to act. And what it did was not favorable. A flashback of when she'd first hatched Spike filled her mentality. She'd never forget that day. The most important day of her life. Being accepted by Princess Celestia, jump-starting her training, and most of all bringing her number one assistant into the world. She wouldn't have traded anything for history to have gone different on that day. She saw the blur close in and felt Unicron brush up against her.

But she didn't feel pain. Instead she hit the ground and looked back. Then she felt like throwing up. The reason she hadn't been pierced was because Spike had pushed her out of the way! And now he was skewered on Unicron's horn, his internal fluids flowing down the sharp structure. Every pony that didn't have their throats clogged with fear gasped. The monster's eyes darkened a bit.

"It seems I've missed," Unicron muttered. Casually he flung the limp dragon over a nearby hill, "It won't happen again, I assure you." Twilight could feel her heart rise in her throat. To her it felt like the entire world had just fallen apart around her. Her number one assistant, her best friend since she'd been alive, had just been run through and tossed aside. Depression and fury hit her like sledgehammers. This entity had just destroyed Spike, a main character...that wasn't supposed to happen! They were the heroes! They were supposed to win! Sure they might get hurt, but not like this! Emotions swirled about violently in the purple unicorn.

"You...MONSTER!" Rarity yelled. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack had to tackle her to keep her from getting any closer to her death. "You killed Spike! I'll murder you! I'm going tear your fucking eyes out and shove them so far up your ass that your wings are going to pop off!" she continued her screams as she tried to squirm out of her friends' grip. Unicron flicked his tail to the side and lifted his brows a bit. The response certainly wasn't expected from the materialistic mortal that he'd assumed she was. That's probably why he was distracted from the glow that was building up in the troubled purple pony at his hooves.

"Uh...Uni...may wanna step back a bit," Discord suggested. Unicron didn't move, but he certainly took notice of the growing brightness below. He could feel her power slowly swirling out of control. And it did not show any sign of dampening! It truly was a unique group that'd arrived for his reawakening. But that didn't mean he was going to let them have the time of day to actually make a formidable opposition. Just as brightly as Twilight's horn glowed Unicron's eyes lit up. The group froze as his energy swam through them. They could feel their skin burning. He was going to kill them all at once. Both opponents' glowing reached their climaxes at the same time and in a flash that lit up the sky above everything went silent. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash had disappeared and Twilight fell over in front of Unicron. Motionless.

"Girls!" two voices cried. Unicron looked up just in time to see Discord tackle the approaching princesses into the sky above.

"I've so been looking forward to our reunion!" he chuckled as they tore through the clouds, "Let's catch up a bit before you talk things over with Mr. Grimdark down there shall we?..."
---

"Oh crap, I probably shoulda told the Crusaders something about the future," Spike muttered smacking himself in the head. He turned to look back down the hill but they'd already vanished in their time machine. "...oh well, probably just make some time paradox anyway that'd threaten to illogically wipe out all of reality...what the crap's going on here?..."

A loud clash of thunder rumbled across the sky from the impact the white and blue streaks gave the serpent-like figure above. The scene was hypnotic. It went on for quite a few minutes before a substantial breaking of the stalemate occurred. Deciding to give it more of an effort, the serpent knocked the white streak back a good distance and grabbed the blue one before zooming down to the ground. Upon landing Discord could be seen rather vividly with Luna clutched in a headlock. It was like watching a catastrophe. You wanted to turn away, you knew you should, but you couldn't.

"Unhand me foul chimera!" she hissed bucking at him ineffectively. Discord just smirked and bent her towards the other antagonist. Her eyes locked with Unicron's and she froze. "Uni...Uni...Uni..."

"Another alicorn," Unicron muttered, "Indeed your abilities far exceed that of others of this realm, as do your partner's. However I feel something in you that has been locked away. A touch not unlike that within I and Discord." Luna yanked and tugged, but Discord's grip on her throat was like a cemented clamp. Discord's grin grew once the shimmering Unicron gave her body died down and he released his limbs from her. Slowly rose a taller and darker alicorn, now more in Celestia's figure.

"Oh this is so awesome!" Discord thrust a fist in the air, "It's like the Legion of Doom or something...except without Solomon Grundy asking for pants..."

"Luna! I'm-"

"Late," a darker female voice finished. Celestia questioned whether she should land or not after spotting her sister. She just remained floating in the air before the corrupted trio. "Of course you can feel free to join in the fun," Nightmare Moon continued, "But knowing you you'd rather just try and protect our pathetic land. You are the one they worship after all..." Celestia opened her mouth to speak, to attempt to reason. But she knew it was in vain. And all things considered...Nightmare Moon always did somewhat have a point. Knowing there was no way that she could stand up to such an accumulation of evil alone, Celestia took one last regretful glance at the corpse of her student and teleported to help the rest of Equestria prepare for the worst.

"Oh oh! I got a good one! Two Alicorns and a Draconequus walk into a cider bar!..." Discord giggled happily. He hadn't been so giddy since his rule of Equestria. And now he had two partners to help him! Unicron enlisted his usual silence while Nightmare Moon grumbled at the prankster.

"We have much to do do we not?" she asked.

"Indeed," Unicron nodded. The evil trio ventured off beyond the hill that had housed Unicron's coffin. Once they were out of sight, Spike toppled down the hill he'd been peering over. Partly it was due to the shock of the whole scenario that he couldn't keep his balance, but mostly it was due to his destination. He needed to be as quick as possible to see how Twilight was! Skidding to a halt, Spike slid to his side and pressed his head onto Twilight's overturned body. His eyes grew. There was a sound. It was faint, but there was a heartbeat. Spike sat up and wiped his brow in relief. Remembering where they were, Spike hoisted the unicorn over his shoulder and started making his way towards the burnt forest that the Cutie Mark Crusaders had brought him through.

"Don't you die on me..." he said quietly.
---

Fluttershy's scream began to die down after a minute or so. Realizing that she no longer felt any pain she allowed her eyes to open and peaked around. She was in a forest. A nice, calm, peaceful forest with critters frolicking about once the commotion she'd caused had stopped. The pegasus put a hoof to her mouth. She scanned the scenery slowly. If she was dead she certainly had quite an afterlife to look forward to. But if she was dead...where were her friends? She could picture Rainbow Dash possibly causing problems with Cerberus, but not really many of the others would be all that deserving to be locked up where the demon dog guarded.

As if to test her hooves Fluttershy rocked to a standing position. She was still a bit shaky from the events prior to her debut in this new location. Seeing that her legs were still able to register she next fluttered her wings. They worked just fine too. Even though her body still felt a bit heated Fluttershy hopped around a bit with the rest of the woodland creatures. She was so excited. It was a complete contrast to the ordeal she'd had to endure prior. No more of battling evil or any like that. Her thoughts were cut off however as her eye-shut face slammed into a tree in front of her.

Even for some pony as timid as Fluttershy it wasn't much effort to shake off the sting, but that's what bothered her. It snapped her eyes back open. The impact had hurt. It had actually registered as physical pain. Hesitantly she lifted a hoof and hit herself in the cheek as hard as she could. She was just thankful that it wasn't any of her friends that did it. Though not nearly the most physical of the group she definitely felt another ounce of tension wash of the area she'd hit. She could still feel all that she could normally! She wasn't dead! A smile slipped across her face. Then it faded. That meant...that Equestria was still in danger. That monster was still going to destroy things! And she didn't know where she was...

Fluttershy had no idea how she'd come to be in the woods...but in retrospect it was probably a blessing. She could hide out there...at least until Unicron, Discord, and Nigthmare Moon sent their inevitable evil to wreck havoc on it. But it's not like she could do anything. After all, how could she, the most easily scared pegasus there was, hope to combat not just one, but three of the most evil entities that had ever set foot on their world? She couldn't. It was an impossibility. It was best if she just stayed out of the way and left fighting to others. Yes...that was how she was. With the revelation fully dawned on her, Fluttershy hunkered down inside a log. She could at least try to find a suitable hiding place for a nap.

"Now what do we have here?" a gruff voice perked her ears up. Fluttershy inched her head out of the log curiously and stared up. "Well, if it isn't my greatest accomplishment," Iron Will recognized.
---

"I wish...I wish...I wish...come on..." a soft voice chipped over and over. It sounded a lot like her mother's. Groggily, Twilight Sparkle's eyes slid open and she blinked a few times. Her head felt like it'd been hit by a bowling ball. All she could remember were those last moments of magic welling up inside her. Her emotions had spun out of control at the sight of what had happened to Spike and the energy she produced became unpredictable. But from the looks of things she was still alive...at least it felt like she was. Twilight was now looking up at the clear night sky with stars decorating the cosmos beyond. Then another pony's head popped into view causing her to emit a surprised cry.

"Oh goodie! My wish worked!" the pony giggled and began prancing around the now conscious one. Twilight rubbed her eyes and shook her head. Though her head was still pounding she could see clearly. And the pony she saw sure wasn't like any she was used to. This one, though it was obvious what the creature was, was not nearly as slender as she. The body was quite a bit thicker and the face pudgier. But it was a unicorn. It just didn't look like it belonged in Equestria. Its purple and white mane bounced up and down on its pink body as it pranced. "Oh the stars always grant my wishes now!" she chimed.

Twilight rubbed her temple. She really needed to keep her magic under control...no, what she needed to do was get back to the battlefield. See if the others were alright...see if Spike was alright... Twilight tried to get to her hooves but fell back down. The energy was still a bit drained from her. But she had to get back to her friends and out of the place she'd woken up in...wherever that was.

"Um...sorry about...appearing here, I was just trying to help my friends...where exactly is here?..." she asked. The prancing pony stopped and giggled again. The pudgier one took time to look her over.

"Well you don't really look like you're from around here exactly, but I still think you'd probably know that you're in Ponyland!" the pinkish unicorn exclaimed happily, "If you want I can show you around!" Twilight mentally rolled her eyes. She really didn't have time for distractions...but her energy did need to build back up before she could teleport again. She at least knew where it was that Unicron had been. It might take a few teleportations to cover the distance from wherever she was. But in the meantime she might as well do something.

"Alright," she sighed with a smile, "But first I should probably ask who you are."

"Oh of course," the pink unicorn chuckled, "My name's Twilight."
---

"Oh damn...what in tarnation?..." the yellow earth pony moaned. Dizzily she shook herself. The moment the bright light had died down the air had cooled. Not by much, but she was no longer burning to say nothing else. Applejack took in the smell of her surrounding to better stabilize her mentality. There was certainly something in the air that gave off a familiar feel.

"Hey cuz!" Applejack's ears stood on end and she spun around. Trotting towards her was Braeburn. She was in Appleloosa! "Well shucks, what are you doin' here? I thought you went whizzin' by on that train with your buds some time ago!" His voice simply provided background while her eyes scanned the scenery. There was no doubt about it. The dirt-roads, the wooden buildings, the sheriff relaxing in a chair. She was in Appleloosa alright.

"...what...happened?..." Applejack murmured quietly. Braeburn tilted his head.

"You okay there Applejack?" he asked. Her cheeks reddened a bit realizing he'd heard her.

"Er...yeah...it's just that...Twilight and the others they...I uh..."

"I know what you need!" Braeburn declared and grabbed her forehoof. With a yelp Applejack was pulled into a spinning dance. "Kick your hoof in the air and wiggle around like you just don't care!" he sang. Applejack's face only gained more crimson as crowds of ponies gathered around their performance. "Yeehaw! Shake off your worries!" he hooted. By now a few ponies were joining in a beat with their hooves. Applejack did have to thank her cousin though. He had made a congregation far more successfully than she could have, and if Unicron was still around she'd need all the help she could get.

A round of applause erupted as Braeburn halted the movements. Applejack was left gasping for breath. Once she'd allowed herself more of an ease into the situation it wasn't nearly as flustering as it had been. Still, there was no time for the sense of enjoyment right now. Now was time for action.

"Alright," she panted, "Now...now listen up every pony! I gots an important announcement from out of town!" Quite a few murmurs washed through the crowd. Braeburn was perhaps the most curious of course having been the one to spot her. "Now I know y'all might think I'm dag gum crazy, but ya gotta trust me on this! There is a monster headed this way! It is going to destroy everything unless we stop it! Now who's with me!" The crowd fell to complete silence. Then broke out in laughter. Applejack bit her lips and squinted her eyes as the civilians began to disperse back to their everyday lives.

"...god damnit!" Applejack hissed stamping her hoof. Not a single pony had stayed to even give her the time of day. None that is except for the one standing behind her.

"...ya ain't fibbin' are ya?" Braeburn asked. Applejack lifted a brow and turned around. She was a bit surprised to see that he'd remained.

"Element of Honesty," she stated putting a hoof to her chest, "Every word I speak is the truth or the most poorly constructed twisted version of it if I'm told to lie. There is a monster headed here. It's going across all of Equestria. I've seen its power firsthoof. And it ain't pretty." Braeburn kicked up a bit of dust from the rode.

"Well...can't say I blame the others for not believin' ya. But that'd explain why you were a mite upset before I made ya dance...where are your friends though?" Applejack's eyes went towards the ground.

"I wish I could tell ya," she sighed, "They were fightin' him with me until he was gonna kill us. Then I just ended up here. Twilight probably teleported us I reckon, but ain't able to figure out why she didn't send us all to the same place...now I don't even have any support for when I go up against him again..." Braeburn walked a bit closer.

"You're planning to launch another round on it?" he asked. Applejack looked him in the eye.

"Someone's gotta," she replied, "He'll just tear his way across Equestria if no one opposes him..." To her amazement a smile formed on her cousin's face.

"Well you got me," he winked, "And I'm pretty sure I know who all else might lend a hoof..."
---

"Ugh...what a way for a lady such as I to be treated," Rarity coughed. She could've sworn that she still smelled some singed fur from the heat that had encompassed her and the others before the teleportation had occurred. Sure it'd been a shock how much power such a being possessed, or that such a being like that could even exist to begin with. But he could have at least made it not as ruining towards her outward appearance should she have survived like she did. It was simply impolite. Not that where she'd ended up was any better. At least she knew the place though.

The instant that Rarity had materialized in the cavern she'd recognized it. It was the tunnels that she'd previously been held captive and was vainly forced to work for those beastly Diamond Dogs. But at least she was safe. That was looking on the only bright side there was. With that out of the way only the negatives were left. Namely the dusty rocky dirty road that was currently staining her hooves. It would undoubtedly take five trips to the spa to get her body clean.

"Oh what a world," Rarity wiped her brow dramatically, "and to think, none of this would've happened if my lousy sister and her silly friends had just stayed put! Maybe I should've let her adopt Applejack as her sister!"

"I know that whining..." a more scratchy voice muttered. Rarity spun her head around to spot a pair of eyes watching her. Reluctantly the medium-sized Diamond Dog scruffled out of the shadows and scoffed. "If you're gonna be down here please zip it. You were straining enough last time!" Rarity scoffed at the comment and turned her head to the ceiling.

"That's no way to speak to a lady," she said dismissively, "Now, please show me the way out of here unless you want me to start complaining again!" Immediately the Diamond Dog's eyes shot open and he put his hands up in defense.

"Alright alright! Just...keep it down..." he growled. Rarity smiled and began following the taller creature. The journey through the tunnels was awkward to say the least. There she, a frazzled lady, was following her previous kidnapper through some old tunnels. The scene only elicited silence save for their footsteps and hoof-falls. "...so...what brings you down here?..." the Diamond Dog struck up a conversation to save himself from the tension in the air.

"Oh it's not by my will of course," Rarity assured him receiving a grunt in return, whether or not she paid it any mind, "I was teleported here by my friend who saved us from this evil monster that's gonna try and...well I dunno know what he's gonna do exactly, but a lot of people are gonna be dead if he has his way. Caused a lot of destruction in the old days I heard. Believe me though, I'd never come to such a drab filthy place on my own."

"Just as clean your mouth probably..." the Diamond Dog muttered under his breath. The underground passages seemed to go on forever. And for all Rarity knew they did. Growing bored from the constant generic looks of the scenery, Rarity lit up her horn and with it the walls and ceiling. The tunnel now shone brightly with the gems she'd made known behind their rocky prisons. Instinctively the Diamond Dog leapt at the wall next to him...and fell right back down from the faceplant he gave it. He shot Rarity a nasty look.

"If you're not gonna dig then do not do that..." he spat. Rarity closed her eyes refusing to admit any form of an apology. He probably deserved it for how she'd been treated last time. To his unhappy delight she did darken the cavern back down though.

"Those aren't gonna mean anything anyways once Unicron comes into these parts," she told him and took up the journey again. The Diamond Dog cocked a brow. "That's the monster's name."

"Right, like he'd be able to found our place," he cooed, "Oh I'm so scared..." It was Rarity's turn to perform the gesture.

"You won't be acting that way when he gets here. I've seen what he can do...and to be honest we could use all the help we can get..." Rarity confessed. The Diamond Dog almost fell over in laughter.

"You? Help YOU?" he gasped for breath, "After what you did? No thank you!" Rarity looked at the ground and kicked it, a warm blush coming over her face.

"Um...I'm sorry..." she more suggested than said. The Diamond Dog folded his arms over his chest.

"Sure ya are...I can still hear those grating conversations in my ears..." he growled. Rarity sighed.

"Well I can't really say I'm THAT sorry for you," she rolled her eyes as she spoke, "But...think about it...all your gems...meaningless!" The creature just rubbed his chin and shrugged. "Oh come on! If there's one thing the same between us it's our love for those lovely rich jewels! We both know how we'd feel!" The Diamond Dog's mouth drooped a bit.

"Alright fine...I'll get the others...but I expect a lot more than just our stash staying intact," he gave in. Rarity smiled and nodded. She'd make Unicron pay as much as possible for ruining her good looks.
---

"I'm still trying to get my head around the whole...you being...me thing..." Twilight Sparkle muttered. So far she'd been lead through the much...bland land, at least compared to Equestria, and had come across all the usual pegasis, earth ponies, and unicorns. Unlike her though, they much more strikingly resembled her newfound namesake in physical form. Much more pudgy and...for lack of a better word, realistic.

"Well, you also remind me a bit of Moondancer," the other Twilight thought aloud, "But what do you think of Ponyland?" The joyful unicorn through her hands up happily, apparently proud of her uninspired homeland. Twilight Sparkle bit her lower lip.

"It's um...interesting..." she said quietly, "Very...uh...hehe...oh I wish Spike was here, he'd make some remark for me." The mention of the name caused the other unicorn to take a step back.

"You wanna see Spike?" she asked. Twilight practically fell over.

"You know him?" she exclaimed.

"Of course I do," the other Twilight laughed, "He's the baby dragon that hangs out with the humans and stuff." Twilight Sparkle's mouth dipped a bit. It obviously wasn't the Spike she knew.

"...what's a human?..." she asked. The other Twilight could only gawk.

"You...don't know what a human is?..." she questioned. Twilight Sparkle blushed in embarrassment. The other on just smiled and shrugged the situation off. "Oh it's alright, I can take you to see em!"

"Well that's kind of you and all but I really do need to get back to my friends, they need my help," Twilight Sparkle told her. Foretunately the walk around town had given her the time she needed to build up some more magic. Slowly her horn began to glow. When it reached its peak however it didn't give the usual controlled reaction. Instead Twilight collapsed to the ground. Her head felt like it'd just split open from how severe the head ache was.

"Ugh! Dear Celestia! What the hell was that?" she choked. Something had prevented Twilight from using her powers. Something...that had noticed her presence...
---

"Alright...when we get back...we need to have a serious talk...about how much cream you've been having with your wheat..." Spike huffed. His tongue was practically on the ground with how much he'd been panting. He was used to carrying stacks upon stacks of books sure. Twilight had been no problem for him at first. It was only after miles and miles of walking did his knees begin to feel like they'd been turned to jello. Spik's balance wavered a bit making him struggle more than ever to keep his footing on the mountainside he was climbing. He didn't know how far he'd gone, but he did know that he needed to get Twilight somewhere where those monsters weren't likely to investigate.

"Funny how the scenery just sorta provides us with any location we need," he panted. Hesitantly he looked back over his shoulder at the unicorn. Her face was dipped down next to his in her continual unconscious state. Spikes nuzzled his cheek against hers and gave it a kiss. "Just hang in there...I'm gonna take of ya, don't worry." The only response he got was the slow bob of Twilight's head from the air that she breathed. Just happy for her to even be alive, the young dragon wobbled the rest of the way up the mountainside. Fortunately it wasn't too much longer to get to the top. Unfortunately, they weren't alone once he was able to look down into the crater at the center. It was a caved-out mountain filled with dragons!

"...oh boy..." Spike gulped. He was about to head straight back down the way he came when a voice stopped him.

"Hey guys! Look who it is!" Spike gulped. He remembered the voice clear as day. Somehow he managed to continue on his way back down when a red claw grabbed him by his free shoulder and began dragging him down towards the other teenage dragons that he, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity had managed to escape from when he'd gone to find out more about himself.

"Been wondering where you and your "pony" friends ran off to..." the leader chuckled, "Haven't seen you since the migration. But don't worry, we gots lots of time to catch up now don't we?..." Spike gulped again being sure to keep a firm grip on the pony he was carrying. Unfortunately he lost her when he was gruffly tossed to the ground causing Twilight's body to topple over next to him.

"Guys look, I don't have time for this..." Spike tried to explain, "My friend, she's-"

"One of the unicorns that was with you when you ran away," the red dragon acknowledged, "Don't worry, we'll deal with her too."

"Can I use her for gem bowling?" the bigger brown one pleaded eagerly.

"Eh, knock yourself out," the leader shrugged. The brown one thrust his arm into the air triumphantly and began to pick the unconscious pony up.

"Wait! I gotta get Twiligh-"

"You got a beating to get to is what you got," the red dragon snarled clamping his claws around the younger one's head so that he couldn't go after the unicorn. Slowly the other chuckling teens closed in around him, some punching their fists in anticipation.

"You don't understand! I need to take care of her! If I don'-"

"Do you have an off switch?" one of the others grumbled, "I mean don't get me wrong, we wanna hear you cry and stuff...but that's all we wanna hear."

"I'll shut up if I get Twilight! Now give her ba-"

"Eh, just pretend he's a mute," the leader proposed. Grins grew on the others' faces.

"But Twi-"

"Ugh, will you shut it?" the red dragon spat.

"You don't-"

"I said be qui-"

"UNICRON!" Spike screamed. The teenagers paused for a moment along with the entire community that seemed to go silent for the word.

"...it's pronounced unicorn dumbass," the red dragon muttered, "Now, if we can proceed with your beating then everything will be just-" His voice was soon drowned out by the footfalls of a much larger red dragon. Spike and the others stared up at him.

"Leave him alone," it ordered. The teenager did as he was told and backed up a bit with his friends. Spike's eyes grew as its head lowered to his level. "Now what did you say?" Spike bit his lip wondering how he should answer such an imposing figure.

"...U...ni...cron?..." he said quietly, "He's um...this monster...brought about chaos in Equestria a long time ago or something and he's back along with Discord and um...Nightmare Moon if you know of her..." The older dragon closed his eyes and puffed out a bit of smoke from his nostrils.

"I was hoping I'd misheard you," he muttered. The teenagers could only wonder what was being talked about. Just then a loud crash caught everyone's attention. Lying amidst a trail of falling gems was Twilight's slumped over body.

"YES! Strike!" the brown teenage dragon cheered. Spike slapped his forehead. He was not taking all the blame for any injuries his partner might awaken to.
---

"Princess Celestia, Fillydelphia has been evacuated," a guard informed. The princess nodded her head in acknowledgement. She never stopped walking through her stained glass corridor. She needed to keep up a rather tight pace in order to make sure that she got to every reporting agent in time, especially with her sister gone. Celestia didn't have time to really dwell on her absence, but it still soured her mentality quite a bit. All that Luna had been...warped into that nightmarish form of her tainted persona. It had been quite a blow that she'd been transformed back into her previous self. But the worst part was what she had said.

'You are the one they worship after all...' The words hung in her head. She couldn't help it that the ponies of Equestria had always given so much praise to her. If she had had it her way she'd be just like any other pony popularity-wise in a heartbeat. Luna knew that...but that wasn't Luna...that was Nightmare Moon that had made the claim, all the envy that lurked in her sister's heart. Celestia couldn't help it though. It was her duty, as the night was Luna's. It was the way things had to be. She needed to keep that thought in mind at all times.

"Another batch of civilians were just shipped in from Dodge Junction!" a guard reported. As with the others before, Celestia nodded to him allowing him to get back to work in helping those coming into Canterlot. The higher class unicorns may not have admired the attention that their community was getting now but Celestia could care less about their trivial complaints. She'd be damned if she was going to leave the other ponies of Equestria unguarded. And what better place to set up a defense than the most protected community in the land? It would certainly be the last place to fall.

"Please don't let it get as bad as last time..." Celestia prayed. The princess came to a stop at the next archway. A guard should have been there to meet her. After a few seconds she heard his panting and he skidded to a halt in front of her.

"Sorry your majesty!" he apologized gasping, "But Hoofington, they aren't getting organized enough! Ponies are just shoving themselves into trains and blocking everything up!"

"Do we have any troops we can send to sort it out?" Celestia asked. The guard nodded. She was about to continue to the next guard when he stopped her.

"We have a problem though!" he told her, "Two alicorns have been spotted on the outskirts of the town!" Celestia's heart sank.

"Keep the troops here," she ordered, "And get word up to the Hoofagong's new crew. Tell them to make ground zero at my location." The guard would have asked what all that actually meant but the next instant Princess Celestia was gone. Where she reappeared was chaos. Ponies of all types and sizes clamoring on the boarding platforms for the trains. There was so much tension that few hardly even noticed her presence.

"Attention!" her voice boomed over the crowd. It'd been quite a while since she'd used the royal Canterlot voice. But it certainly had done the trick. Every inhabitant was now staring at her. "Those that can not find a spot on the trains get out of town and onto the hill at the horizon. I'll meet up with you all there!" Few questioned the royal one's orders.

"Wait, what do you mean meet up with us?" a colt asked at the gate of the town, "Why won't you be coming with us?" Celestia closed her viewable eye.

"I'm the only one that can hope to hold those monster off long enough for all the trains to get out of here... Now go!" The colt nodded reluctantly and dashed off with the others. Celestia took in a deep breath upon seeing the trains wheel off into the distance and turned to the collection of ghost buildings. The emptiness alone would have been enough to unnerve any normal pony. But there was something else lingering in it too. An infectionous atmosphere clung to the desolate land. As calmly as possible Celestia trotted through the streets, her hoof-falls echoing in the hollow passages.

It didn't take long for her to spot the first body. A mare that'd had its side torn open. Bone and muscle could be seen beneath as blood gushed out of the gash into a pool around the corpse. The sights of the smitten civilians only grew the further into town she got. Eventually she heard crying desperate voices which soon turned into screams. She ran now. The more the bodies piled up the louder the voices got until finally she spotted a pony and ground to a halt. Standing over a twitching colt was an even larger alicorn than herself.

"Unicron..." she muttered. The dark entity knew she was there before she'd even arrived, he just chose the sound of her words to lift his head to her.

"Ah, the sister of the sun..." he responded just as gutturally, "I take it you're not here to join us." Celestia simply glared at the monster. "Just hold on, I'll be with you momentarily. This mortal unfortunately has also declined my offer." Unicron's eyes began to glow and the young one trembled. She was more scared than she'd ever been in her entire life. To her luck the pony that controlled the sun was there. Unicron's eyes widened a bit at the sight of the unharmed child. A magic barrier had been placed around her. Celestia teleported her to safety and stole Unicron's attention to herself.

"Leave them out of this, they can't defend themselves," Celestia said.

"Their fate is the same as all else. Join me or join the void," Unicron stated, "Those that neglect my leadership doom themselves. The same stands for you. Your sister has already accepted the invitation."

"You raped her mind!" Celestia yelled furiously and shot a beam of energy at him. Unicron gave his own deflecting it into a house next to them.

"Please...all I did was remind her of the darkness within herself," Unicron argued, "You however seem to have no trace of such an element. I offer you this one last chance to surrender." Celestia hadn't felt such anger towards any being in literal ages.

"Well here's my answer," she hissed. Unicron just stood there in front of her waiting for the inevitable futile gesture she would make. To his amazement however she was standing just as still as him...if not more so...it was almost like she was...concentrating... Once Unicron realized what was happening it was too late. Heat covered his body and the air around him felt like it was being vacuumed into the sky. The orange-armored pony gazed upwards. As he suspected the sun was beaming brightly down upon him. Too brightly. He was like an ant beneath a magnifying glass. Celestia let loose the stored energy the moment she saw him turn his attention back to her. She needed to strike first. And so she did.

In one loud boom a pillar of light shot down on the abomination. Even before the beam hit she could see bits and pieces of Unicron's armor drifting into the paler pillar that'd been around him prior. Celestia let out a rattly breath and her legs wobbled. She hadn't had to use that much energy in quite some time.

"Okay...now that...hurt..." Unicron's dark voice muttered through the smoke. Celestia knew it'd been vain to hope that he would be defeated by such an act. His very presence dispensed with the clouds around him, his eyes glowing blood red. Only now two more figures stood by him.

"You know you really should join us sister," Nightmare Moon proposed, "It'll be the only way to survive."

"Eh, it may not be the funnest thing, but at least I'll get to play with this world while it's still here," Discord chimed and whisked out a gray pony from behind his back, "Isn't that right Derpy Hooves?"

"I sincerely concur," the pegasus replied rather intellectually. Discord smiled and patted her head. "Now get outta here you little cameo-maker you," he said playfully and snapped his fingers causing her to vanish. None of the group payed any attention to him. They were all used to his kind of nature. "But yeah, you're sorta retarded for thinking you could get rid of Mr. Good Times here," Discord drolled jabbing a thumb at the male alicorn. Celestia chuckled a bit.

"...why's she laughing?" Nightmare Moon asked. A large grin formed on Discord's face.

"I knew this day would come!" he exclaimed, "She has finally lost it!" Eagerly he slithered over to the white alicorn and slung an arm around her neck while his other hand produced a camera. "Now I can show you have to have some real fun!" Discord told her as he snapped the photo.

"It's not that," Celestia told him through her chuckling. The other's gave her inquisitive looks. "Sure I like that I pissed you off, but that was mainly meant to show where I was."

"What do you mean where you were?" Unicron demanded. He was growing a bit tired of the elder sister's distractions.

"I meant that," she said pointing her hoof upwards. The others looked up. Discord and Nightmare Moon backed up a bit. A bright red object was soaring down towards them.

"That's the Hoofagong Space Station!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed. Celestia shot her a smirk.

"Simple fix," Unicron muttered. His eyes began to light up.

"Checkmate," Celestia's smirk became a grin. As brightly as Unicron's eyes glowed, her horn put up quite a competition. All of a sudden the male alicorn felt his joints buckle under some newfound pressure.

"What in the Pit?" he grunted. What should have been a mere pebble to flick aside had become an anvil encased in cement. He could give up pushing against the falling orbiting structure, but there'd be no time for him to make an escape if he did. "Assist me now!" he yelled. Hesitantly Discord and Nightmare Moon exchanged worried looks and combined their own power with his. The descent had certainly slowed, but it showed no signs of stopping.

"Damn, what spell did she cast on this thing?" Discord growled, "I can't even transform it into anything else!" It certainly was quite a spell. So much so that the princess had dropped to her knees from exhaustion.

"You are a fool..." Unicron uttered amidst the strain.

"I might be," Celestia gave a half-hearted laugh, "But I'm the fool that gave you one hell of a bitch slap." Using what little energy she had left, Princess Celestia lit up her horn once more and disappeared.

"...you know what? Screw this! If she's not even sticking around to face it with us then I'm out!" Discord declared crossing her arms over his chest. Nightmare Moon let out a cry from the sudden increased pressure and toppled over. The space station was now zooming towards them due to the broken concentration.

"...good luck," she told Unicron and teleported with Discord. The male alicorn's eye twitched as he felt the metal plating of the spacecraft scrape his horn's.

Celestia meanwhile was panting on a hill on the outskirts of the town and watched as the vessel exploded where she had been moments before. Already she could feel her energy returning. The villagers around her held each other to comfort those that couldn't bear the sight of their land suffering such a fate. But it was nothing compared to what came next.

Celestia managed to stand back up and get the group together for teleportation when suddenly a harsh wind swirled around the vacant town and shot back out from a pillar of flames that ascended into the sky. The entire town was caught in the tornado of chaos, the light it produced almost blinding and the energy that accompanied it dark as ore. It swirled for a full minute before dying down. The only thing that could be seen in the tattered remains of the town was the figure of an alicorn, its eyes red and hate-filled. Celestia worked up enough magic to account for the ponies around her and teleported.
---

"Come on ponies! Will you just stop and-"

"Outta the way lesbian!" a pegasus shouted. Before she could make a retort, Rainbow Dash was flung out of path of the crowds that were in the process of fleeing Cloudsdale. Ever since she'd appeared there it'd only gotten worse and worse. At first it was just a few ponies that knew about what had happened from guards, but once word got out into the general community all hell had broken loose. Pillars collapsed from the evacuating inhabitants.

"Remember, Canterlot is where you are to take shelter! Not outside the city walls!" an escort warned his group. Rainbow Dash flew back to the entrance of her homeland. All of her attempts to recruit troops for the fight she planned to give Unicron had been in vain. No one would listen to her. Paranoia had taken full control of the pegasi.

"Please! Just listen! If we work together we might-"

"This is my group! Stay out!" a female spat and kicked her hard in the stomach. Rainbow Dash landed on the clouded floor of the airborne civilization with stars spinning in her head.

"Okay...yeah...you guys just go cower...I'll just be...ow..." Rainbow Dash groaned forcing herself into a sitting position. She took a final look at the departing groups and slammed her front hooves down furiously. "DAMNIT!" she yelled, "Why the fuck won't anyone listen to me!"

"Perhaps it's because you need to resort to such acts of pleading to get their panicked views on life," an unexpected voice deduced. Her jaw hanging, Rainbow Dash turned to look at a gray pegasus who had eyes that went in two different directions.

"...Derpy?...did you just...say something smart?..." Rainbow Dash asked. Casually the normally dopey pegasus took the monocle resting in front of her right eye off and rubbed it on her free foreleg.

"What is smart is a concept that can only be measured that who speaks the specified word," Derpy Hooves explained being sure to readjust her eye-wear. Rainbow Dash just blinked. "I am just here as I believe I can aide you. You seem to be searching in the wrong place for reinforcements."

"And...where would you suggest I get these "reinforcements"?" Rainbow Dash cocked a brow, "And how did you get-"

"That matters not for the time being. And is it all that surprising? In such times of chaos is the unexpected not expected?" Derpy Hooves, rather disturbingly, rolled her eyes at the dumbfounded expression her audience displayed. "Go to those you're familiar with," she said flatly.

"Like who?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Hey Rainbow Crash! Didn't you hear that we're supposed to evacuate?" a male voice asked. Rainbow Dash's eye twitched.

"No..." she said quietly at first, "...no...no...no no no no! Not them!" Rainbow Dash pulled her mane furiously.

"Hey Rainbow Crash, why aren't you leaving?" the gray one sat down next to her.

"Yeah! We were gonna check up on you when we got to Canterlot!" the brown one added. Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Look guys, I don't have time for you right now. I'm busy trying to form a team to take on Unicron," she muttered.

"Well we ain't got nothing to do!" the gray pegasus declared wrapping an arm around her neck. Her eye twitched more.

"Hey can we ask Spitfire to come too?" the brown one asked. Her eye stopped twitching.

"She's here?" Rainbow Dash yelped. The brown one nodded.

"She's helping escort ponies to Canterlot along with the rest of the Wonderbolts," the gray one told her. Rainbow Dash's annoyance was replaced with nothing but hope and victory. A grin spread across her face.

"And thus ends this segment of the story," Derpy Hooves announced.
---

"And that is how Iron Will came to be in this forest!" the hybrid animal finished being sure to stroke his tie at the final words, "Just passin' through to the next town. But how come you're here?" Fluttershy lowered her tea cup and stared into the dark liquid within. Perhaps she could hide in it and avoid answering the question. Reality said otherwise.

"Oh...I was just um...well you see..."

"Still the shy type eh?" the minotaur chuckled. Fluttershy blushed. "Guess my lessons really can't change everypony."

"Oh no it's not that!" Fluttershy assured him quickly, "It's helped me a great deal! Stand up for myself against a certain, um...housemate, and even refused my friend's pestering when she was trying to force me to see the Dragon Migration!"

"Really?" Iron Will rubbed his chin, "Well, can't say I blame ya. That migration can get pretty heated I hear. But as for why you're in this forest..." Fluttershy's newfound eagerness quickly diminished back to its previous status.

"That...um...I didn't really chose to come here...my friend teleported us when we were about to be killed..." The minotaur gripped his mouth so as not to spit out his tea. That definitely was not the answer he'd been expecting.

"Ec-Excuse me?" he gagged. Fluttershy took a sip of her cup to calm the memory a bit.

"We were...well you see...we were told by Princess Celestia to find all the pieces of this old alicorn's armor. He almost destroyed Equestria a long time ago. We're the Elements of Harmony and all. We found them but...well these...bad ponies got in the way and took the armor and resurrected the alicorn we were trying to prevent...Unicron...he destroyed a nearby town and then tried to kill me and my friends as well...he would have to if Twilight hadn't teleported us. I don't know where the others ended up, I'm the only one that got teleported here..." Fluttershy took another sip and put the cup down on her dish. She didn't know before then that the minotaur could be so quiet.

"...well that's quite the tale..." Iron Will eventually commented adjusting his tie to get more comfortable in light of what he'd just heard, "And this Unicron guy. What do you plan to do about him?" The pupils of Fluttershy's eyes shrunk.

"I-I'm sorry?" she gulped. She knew she'd heard him right but she needed to be sure.

"This Unicron guy. You can't honestly tell Iron Will that you aren't going to retaliate in some way are you?" Iron Will's eyes narrowed a bit. Fluttershy bit her lower lip.

"It's just that...he's so...scary..."

"And what did Iron Will tell you about those that pick on you?" he crossed his arms over his chest.

"...when they give you the beat down, you make them scream loud..." Fluttershy whimpered. Iron Will nodded but he was still not satisfied. He could tell by the look on her face that she wouldn't take action. "Mr. Iron Will sir...he's just so...bad..."

"Well then don't do anything," he shrugged, "Let Equestria be destroyed." Those words only conflicted the internal battle of the pegasus even more. But it did make some progress.

"...I'm sorry...it's just...what good could I do?..." Fluttershy's eyes began to tear up a bit. Iron Will tried to look away. He may have been a motivator and stern as steel, but he still had emotions.

"What good could any of us do alone when faced with something like that?" Iron Will asked. Fluttershy's looked him in the eyes. "You have your friends, and with the destruction he'll undoubtedly cause I'm sure that they'll be headed towards him if they're just as determined as you were after my teachings. They care about you, the two outside your cottage showed that the day I showed up to collect my pay. They ain't gonna let you die if they have anything to say about it. And I'm sure you wouldn't let them either. We've been hearing about a lot of the...destruction and stuff going on over the radio so we can head ya in the right direction."

Fluttershy looked down at her tea cup and took a final sip.

"I just...don't wanna...go alone..." she said quietly. Her head lifted once a hand was placed on her shoulder. Iron Will smiled down at her.

"Who said you will?" he asked opening his arm out to his dozens of goat helpers, "This our land too. And I don't just have these muscles for show ya know." Slowly but surely Fluttershy's trembling body steadied.

"Mr. Iron will sir?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks for the tea party."

"Anytime."
---

A purple claw stroked Twilight's cheek. Her breathing was just as low and quiet as it'd been since she'd come to be in the state she was in. With the older dragon's support Spike had easily gotten her back from the teenagers and soon took to caring for her in a nearby vacant cave. Figuring it'd been enough time Spike removed the wet washcloth on her forehead and replace it with a fresh one. He didn't know if it'd help but they always seemed to be placed on things that weren't feeling well. The dragon looked her over and allowed a puff of smoke to steam out of his nostrils.

"Please be alright..." he requested to the unresponsive unicorn. Delicately her wrapped his arms around her neck and nuzzled his face into it. A tear slid down his cheek darkening her body a bit where it connected. Spike didn't know when he'd last felt such uselessness. He'd done what he could and still Twilight hadn't been safe. He'd failed in his duty as her assistant...that's why he needed to nurse her. For his and her sake he needed to see that she was restored to her former health.

"Just snap out of it soon..." his voice vibrated against her body, "We're gonna be taking the fight to Unicron again and this time we got backup...got the dragons on our side...I just want you to be here to see it..." For what felt like an eternity Spike hung to her neck just trying to give any form affection he could to her in hopes of a sign. But there was nothing. Just her distant breathing. He'd never felt so alone.

"What's with you and ponies anyhow?" a voice asked. Spike glared over his shoulder to see the red teenager from earlier. He was leaning on the mouth of the cave. "Look dude, I ain't gonna hurt you or her, not with the old guy's breathing down our necks now. It's just...why don't you just ditch them and stick with us? You got potential." This made the baby dragon's brows bend a bit.

"...she's my friend...my best friend," Spike replied, "I've known her all my life...I wouldn't care if I was considered a slave or what species we were or anything. Our relationship's still the same. I love her. And I need to make sure she stays safe, especially with that...monster out there now..." He could hear the red dragon gag in disgust.

"Well whatever," he murmured, "Just wanted to let ya know we're gonna be done getting ready soon. Might wanna be out there when everyone takes off." Spike nodded his head and turned his attention back to the unconscious pony. The red dragon stepped towards the exit and stole a last glance behind him. He shook his head at the sight of the younger one and left.
---

Unicron's eyes glowed for a moment. The feeling had stung through him again! It'd been about the fifth time now! Irritably he glanced down at the diamond shaped emblem on his chest plate.

"Look, if you're still upset over me and ol' Mooner here bailing we said we were sorry," Discord grumbled thinking that the motion was in recollection of their prior activities, "But hey, look on the bright side! Gave me some time to turn a town's entire water supply into soap! You should've seen how the evacuating ponies were panicking! I mean-"

"Shut up," Unicron ordered. Discord blinked and flattened his brows.

"But of course oh master, I live to serve you," he mocked. Unicron was too preoccupied with his internal disturbance to make a retort.
---

"Ugh! Why the bloody hell won't my magic work!" Twilight screamed. Furiously she stomped her hooves on the ground kicking up clouds of dust. Needless to say, the foreign Twilight stepped back a bit.

"Maybe you should wish on more stars. Always seems to help me!" she chirped joyfully. Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes. With pretty much no more options however, she decided to take the advice and looked skyward. What she saw dropped her to the ground in shock. The stars were moving!...they were...forming something... The other Twilight backed up even more. Filled with spite and malice, the pair of red eyes that formed from the constellations peered down at the duo.

"So, that is why I've felt a bit off since I tried to do away with you and your friends," the dark voice spoke.

"Unicron!"

"This is my world," he explained to the unicorn that tried to attack the celestial optics. Her faltering magic only gave her another headache. "And you are not welcome here..."

"Un...i...cron?..." the pinkish Twilight slowly. Then it all came back to her. All at once. It was too much. She could only fall to the ground in the seizure that ensued from the memories. "No! I can't teleport! Why? Megan...Molly...Danny...Spike...I'm sorry! I'm...sorry..." the unicorn cried. Tears streamed down her face. And then she was gone. In a flash of red light her body shattered to nothing.

Twilight Sparkle contorted her brows and turned back to look at the eyes above.

"You brought the fate upon her..." Unicron muttered, "Had you not made her remember she could have lived a nice life here...forever..." Twilight's eyes widened.

"You don't mean...this place...this...Ponyland..."

"Is what Equestria will soon join," the eyes narrowed, "As well as its occupants that submit to my authority. And you could too...if you would only give in. Become one with I...there is no other option..." Twilight dropped to her knees. There really was no way to win against such a force...he was just too much... "I promise it will be perfect, everything you'd ever wanted..."

"And that wasn't real..." Twilight added quietly. The glow above showed that the comment hadn't gone unheard.

"Come on Twilight..." she heard a voice say in the back of her head. She blinked a few 'd heard it a few times earlier, but she'd just discarded it as daydreaming or her brain just simply displaying things to keep her from boredom.

"Spike?..." she asked.

"We'll...take...Unicron...I just want you here...please wake up Twi..." the dragon's voice grew louder the more she allowed herself to hear his words. Unicron's eyes grew a deathly shade of red.

"This is MY world!" the evil voice boomed. Twilight looked back up at him and gasped. Next to the eyes was another constellation that'd formed in the shape of Spike's head.

"Please wake up Twilight...please...I need you..." it said.

"NO!" Unicron yelled furiously, but Spike's image would not fade. The more her assistant talked the more Unicron's eyes dimmed until there was nothing. No eyes, no stars, no Ponyland. Just herself and Spike.

"Twilight?...TWILIGHT!" Spike eagerly tackled the now conscious pony. With an "oof" she fell back on the makeshift bed that her assistant had obviously put together with some grass. "Oh Twilight! I was worried that you were't going to ever move or anything again!" Groggily, Twilight slipped a foreleg around his neck and nuzzled him into a returning embrace.

"It's alright Spike," she told him.

"Um...ew..." a deeper voice stuttered. The baby dragon and unicorn looked to the mouth of the cave to see the red teenage dragon. "Well, don't wanna interrupt anything...but we're ready to head out..." Twilight looked down at Spike.

"Got some dragons to help us fight Unicron," he told her. Twilight grinned.

"Let's go."
---

"Alright OC! Listen up! I'm gonna skip all that "oh where am I? Oh I must've gotten teleported from fate or some crap like that" cause fans are probably getting sick of it! Wanna go fight the dark god of destruction that messed up our lives in this fic?"

"Sure." the dragon shrugged.

"Let's go get P.A.R.M.!" Pinkie Pie yelled, "To the next part of the story! AWAY!"
---

"So, your mind all clear then? I told you it wouldn't be so easy to get rid of those ponies. Especially not the purple one," Discord mused. He didn't need to look at Unicron to feel the hate that was directed at him.

"You know, to your brother's society you may be well known as the angel of death. But this is Equestria. I and Discord are what their generation have to fear. My sister always kept stuff locked up about you," Nightmare Moon informed.

"Then I'll just have to remind them why I am to be feared," Unicron muttered.

"Well, how's about you start with them?" Discord proposed jabbing a thumb to the horizon. In front of the setting sun glistened a tall metal figure with a pony and baby dragon seated atop its back. The antagonists eyed the structure and it began to approach them.

"We're gonna kick your ass!" Pinkie Pie declared, "P.A.R.M.! Ramming speed!" Discord shook his head and let out a yawn.

"Well, go nuts," he shrugged. Unicron's eyes began to glow, but a second later they dimmed. Now a few more figures had appeared behind Pinkie's group. What looked to be an entire army was following her! The Diamond Dogs, with Rarity at the lead, were kicking up quite a bit of a dirt cloud in their wake. The newcomers certainly got the attention of Nightmare Moon and Discord. "Scratch that! I'm joining in this wrestlin' match!" the draconequus chuckled.

Nigthmare Moon was about to join in the fray that was approaching when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. To their left a group of buffalo were closing in on them! Quickly she turned to their assault unfortunately allowing her to view yet another group coming in from behind them! This one was comprised of an endless stream of wildlife, goats, and a minotaur with a yellow pegasus accompanying him.

"Oh it's just like the good old days!" Discord cackled having spotted their only remaining free direction vanish into a flock of Canterlot guards. Eagerly he began building energy in his hands.

"Sister!" Nightmare Moon hissed. The two princesses' eyes locked upon seeing each other. With just as much speed as the white one, the bluish alicorn took flight at the forces of Canterlot.

"Alright! Hut hut, hike!" Discord laughed throwing himself at the buffalo herd. In no time the Appleloosian natives were flying across the battlefield. But still they somehow pressed forward. Unicron meanwhile was gathering back up his power. He knew it'd not even take a fraction to wipe out the forces that had come from Ponyville. And he would have done it too had not a barrage of electricity pelted into him like machine gun fire. Furiously he looked up. Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts were towing some of the most dangerous storm clouds he'd ever seen across the sky with a few bigger boy pegasi.

Even in spite of the unholy roar he let out, the forces didn't stop. It was only when they noticed what the call had summoned that they began to falter a bit, and even then they still continued. Slowly but surely the ground beneath the Ponyville legions erupted with deceased bodies and ancient bones snapping together to form a rather undead horde that began tearing through them, their eye sockets glowing as red as Unicron's. But with the combined forces of the Diamond Dogs and Pinkie's inventions they were giving quite the fight.

Unicron was about to try once more to make his own strike but was still denied the opportunity. The roars of the airborne lizards caught everyone offguard. Viciously the dragons descended on the monster spewing as much fire as they could on him with each pass they made.

"You were afraid of this guy?" the teenager laughed at Spike and Twilight. They glared from the adult they were seated on until a loud explosion sounded. With smoke billowing from its mouth the large dragon spiraled into the battlefield below. Spike just barely missed the slash of one of Unicron's undead forces while Twilight toppled head over heels after being flung into the field of chaos from the crash. She couldn't hear anything even though everything around her was nothing but a complete orgy of violence and destruction. A buffalo flew over her head and slammed down onto a few of the zombies, blood gushing from his side.
---

"AH!" Spike cried. Hesitantly the baby dragon clawed his way out of one of the undead's grip and crawled onto its head. Like a drunk it flung around trying to get at him until he decided to hop to another, and then another...and then another. He kept hopping his way across the battlefield until he found himself next to his look-a-like.

"One hell of a fight," OC commented being sure to kick one of the zombies away from a Diamond Dog, "thought it was gonna be suicide at first."

"I hear ya," Spike panted, "...still think that?"

"Pretty sure."

"Same," Spike agreed, "To your left." Not even having to look, the red and black baby dragon unfolded his arm into a cannon and blasted the head off of a skeletized version of their own species.

"Heh, you call this a force of evil?" the red teenage dragon spat landing next to the two baby dragons.

"Garble, he killed the dragon that me and Twilight were riding," Spike reminded placing his hands on his hips. The teenager shrugged.

"Still, you tikes probably need help," the teenager feigned annoyance. Not taking too kindly to the new arrival himself, OC morphed his other hand into a blade and sliced it past the teenager's face. Garble's face froze in fright.

"Might wanna watch your back," OC warned retracting the blade. The zombie that'd tried to attack the teenager fell forward lifeless.
---

"Back to back badasses?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Back to back badasses!" Applejack nodded. In a stunning display of defense, the two ponies began flipping around each other knocking back the undead monsters that'd been closing in on them. Rainbow Dash kicked the head off of one before sliding under Applejack's legs and knocking the feet out from under another while the earth pony used the leverage of the pegasus beneath her to backflip and tear her back hoof down the chest of a zombified bear, snapping each rib off of it and causing it to shatter to dust as she landed.

"Megatron and Optimus, eat your Sparks out!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed picking up Applejack and taking to the air. The duo flew across the field with ease knocking down opponents left and right.

"They're sure having fun," Discord smiled at the display of zeal.

"Discord!" Twilight yelled. The chimera glanced down and smirked.

"Sorry, gotta go," he told a tap-dancing buffalo and drifted over to the purple pony, "What's up kiddo?"

"Why are you doing this?" Twilight Sparkle demanded. Discord's brows bent in confusion as a pair of Diamond Dogs with rabbit ears stumbled past them

"What do you mean? You know me. Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. I live for this stuff!" he cackled rising into the air. With each inch he ascended the ground around him and Twilight grew more and more warped with soda bottles and building blocks popping into existence.

"No, I mean why are you helping Unicron?" Twilight insisted. The draconequus stopped and lowered his eyelids.

"Oh...him," he grumbled, "Well I know he can be a pain in the ass and all with his stupid "oh look at me, I'm dark and foreboding and bleh" display; but really, he's a god of chaos! We're like cousins! We both live for complete and utter usurpation of everything that's stable!"

"And what about when he has to destroy Equestria?" Twilight asked. To her surprise the chimera laughed again.

"I'll just simply hitch a ride to another world," he shrugged, "You obviously have pieced together by now that this isn't the only Equestria out there in the multiverse. Now if you'll please hold on a sec, ahem. Luna Luna she can win! With a plot like that, who can't grin!"

"Shut the hell up!" Nightmare Moon yelled. Discord just mockingly clapped as her sister rammed into her side. "Okay Tia, enough nice pony. You are dead!"

"If that's what it takes!" Celestia growled. Had the battle below not been occurring there's no doubt that the audience would be watching in disbelief at the glistening white and blue streaks painting the heavens above. Clouds thundered at each impact they made. Energy crackled in electric arcs around their bodies as the perimeters of where their force allowed them to impact. Twilight had never seen either princess display such power in all her life. And Unicron was apparently even stronger...

"Reminds me so much of their final fight against me," Discord sniffed wiping away a fake tear, "So, who you been taking on here?" Discord waited a few seconds in silence before glancing down. "Twilight?" she was gone. The chimera whirled around a few times to see if he could find the unicorn. Ultimately he shrugged. "Hey! You there! Yes you with the goofy spines! I can give you a scale makeover like you wouldn't believe!" the spirit of chaos announced approaching his newly found dragon target.
---

"Remember! You get bruised, you let loose!" Iron Will hollered. Apparently the encouragement helped as his troops progressed quite a bit inward. Their target had finally gotten the chance to launch off a few rounds himself. And what he had done wasn't pretty. One blast alone had been enough to incinerate an entire tenth of the combatants. Nothing remained of them but bones which had gotten up afterwards and joined the horde of the undead. But that wasn't enough to stop them!

"Iron Will will-yah!" the minotaur yelped upon being forced to the ground by a few of the zombies. Alone they were nothing compared to him. But apparently they'd learned that over the course of the fight. And above him stood a goat skeleton with a sharp sword in its mouth. No matter how much Iron Will struggled he couldn't break free. "Ugh..if Iron Will must go, then make it a good swipe!" he ordered.

The goat was all too happy to oblige. But the slice never came. Instead the zombie dropped the weapon and just stared in front of himself. On top of the other zombies that were busy holding their target down stood Fluttershy, her eyes scarily wide staring into its sockets.

"Stop." she ordered. At the very speech the skeleton collapsed. The other zombies looked up at Fluttershy in shock then back down at Iron Will. Without a moment more of hesitation, the undead fled from their enemies. "That's some talent you got there," Iron Will coughed nursing his back. Fluttershy blushed and kicked the ground bashfully. "And you thought you needed assertiveness training."

"It's nothing really..." she assured him. Before any more of the discussion could continue though, Fluttershy was swept off her hooves by a purple blur and relocated somewhere else.

"Alright, I got you..." Twilight sighed setting the frightened pegasus down. Once Fluttershy realized who it was she smiled.

"Oh Twilight, this isn't the Brony Edition. I'm not in love with you or anything. No need to be so affectionate...if you're trying to be of course...if you are then that's fine too I guess..." Twilight put a hoof over her mouth to stop the endless rambles that would ensue.

"Already got one fourth wall breaker," she grumbled.

"Did someone call my name?" Pinkie Pie asked. Twilight Sparkle grinned. For once she'd actually needed the crazed one of the group...as well as the others.

"Now if I could just get the others..."

"Whatcha need?" Rainbow Dash asked plopping herself and Applejack down next to Fluttershy. With a yelp Rarity was flung onscreen.

"That's no way to treat a lady!" she yelled.

"The story needs you!" an undetermined voice replied. She rolled her eyes and stood up. Confidence washed through Twilight. They were back together. The group. And joined they could overcome any obstacle. That's how it'd always been. But...Unicron didn't seem to play by those rules. He'd seemingly killed Spike, something that Twilight didn't quite understand the whole details of considering he was back. But he flat out destroyed the Elements of Harmony.

"Well I'd say we've mustered together all we could," Applejack stated. In the distance she saw her cousin aiding Little Strongheart. And for some reason Granny Smith tackled a zombie out from in front of him. "Where the hell did she-"

"So what do we do now?" Rainbow Dash asked, "Got everyone here, but no one's doing shit against the big bad himself. Anyone that gets close he just bats an eye at and poof. Dead. The plan just to get our asses handed to us again?" Twilight glared at her. But she was right. What hope did they have?

"We're the only hope that Equestria has..." she remembered the princesses' words, "...whether or not we have the elements we have to try..." One by one she looked her friends over and one by one they nodded. "...when I first came to Ponyville...I had no idea that I could have so many friends or what all it would really be like to have them...but...I'm glad I met you guys. And if we die here...I'm glad that we had our time together." Fluttershy was in tears from the speech.

"And what about me?" a male voice asked. Twilight looked to her side to see Spike there with a bit of an annoyed expression. She gave him an innocent smile.

"Oh Spike, you know what you mean to me," she said squeezing her forelegs around his body. His cheeks turned a dark shade of crimson.

"Yeah yeah," he murmured pushing her back a bit, "But you don't think you're going into this without me do you?" Twilight's smile turned into a frown.

"And have you get killed again?" she replied.

"And what about what happened to you?" he asked. Delicately he took her hoof in his hand and looked up into her eyes. "I don't want to lose you..." Her own eyes downcast at the words. Twilight took in a deep breath.

"Don't worry sweetie, we'll take care of her. Promise," an unexpected pony assured him. Spike and Twilight looked at Rarity and then the others. They all had determination written on their faces, even Fluttershy.

"Alright," Twilight sighed, "Let's do this." Twilight began to depart with the others when Spike grabbed her cheeks and yanked her into a kiss.

"Love ya," he told her. Twilight smiled and nuzzled her nose against his before joining her friends. The path to the dark god was surprisingly void of dangers. And he too was preoccupied shooting down dragons and Diamond Dogs.

"Alright Unicron! This ends now!" Twilight yelled. His reaction may have been slow but he had certainly heard them. The devil-horned alicorn turned to face them.

"I must wonder why you have such a death wish," he uttered. A few ponies gulped but none of the dared to turn from the oppressor. "I do admire the forces you have gathered against me, but it shall only serve as an example for what happens to those that oppose me. And your fate is no different. I will kill you. Now."

"Stand your ground girls!" Twilight ordered. Each pony braced themselves as a lethal wave of energy tore through the ground at them. It'd be impossible not to feel it, but they were still standing once it'd dissipated.

"What?" Unicron muttered. Shakily Twilight Sparkle took a step forward.

"I was right," she said confidently, "The Elements of Harmony are more than just objects. They're what we are. Each and every one of us makes them up just as we make them up! You won't get rid of us that easily!"

"Hold up, the elements are still here?" Applejack lifted a brow. Twilight nodded.

"If you take the time to feel, I'm sure you'll realize it. Now, get ready to attack!"

"Fool," Unicron muttered. To every ponies' shock, the purple unicorn charged just as eagerly as Unicron had at her when they'd first met. He just stood there waiting. It was only at the very last second that he made his move. He flapped his wings. But this time his adversary didn't leave the ground. She didn't even budge. Twilight just dug her hooves into the dirt and stayed planted where she was. Even Unicron was a bit bewildered by the act. Taking the opportunity, Twilight finished her charge. A loud slicing sound encompassed the arena.

Unicron stared into space for a few seconds and looked down. He saw the gash in his armor but couldn't believe it. No one from this world, let alone no pony, had ever struck him before. Certainly not enough to leave a lasting mark. Twilight smirked and looked at the scar she'd given. The other ponies were shocked. But a newfound courage was washing over them.

"Insolent filth..." Unicron growled. Twilight felt like a train had slammed into her from the smack his hoof gave her. She hit the ground hard, blood painting a few pebbles in front of her mouth.

"TWILIGHT!" her friends exclaimed. Nothing but anger fueling them, the others leapt into combat against the demonic figure. Unicron flapped his wings again, only slowing the ponies down as he had Twilight. But this time he was ready. Swiftly he slashed his horns at them when they got close only for two of them to roll to the sides while the other three leapt over the slash. Deciding to ignore the yellow pegasus and white unicorn at his sides, the monster took target at the pink one falling in front of his face. He took aim and fired off a beam of energy from his eyes.

The laser would've ended Pinkie Pie had Rainbow Dash not pulled her out of the way allowing it to pass onto a dragon behind her incinerating him in an instant. He took aim at the pink one again when Applejack's back hoof slammed into his cheek from above firing the next blast at a nearby unfortunate buffalo. Enraged that he'd been denied his smiting yet again, Unicron slashed at the earth pony. Limberly the athlete hopped over it and hit his face again with her forehoof. Seeing that nothing else was working, the demon resorted to his limbs as well. He had to admit he was impressed by how expertly the pony could dodge. But it couldn't last forever.

With a cry of pain, Applejack felt the full force of one of Unicron's punches sending her hurtling across the ground.

"God damn...that stung worse than a nest o' hornets..." she coughed. Unicron only took two steps towards her slumped over form when Rarity and Fluttershy finally gave their own assaults from the sides. Unicron simply flexed his wings to knock them back and continued. It was when he was bringing his hoof down on the earth pony's face that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash tackled him from behind. Furiously he bucked around and shook. For any other pony they'd have been flung off relatively easy, but these two clung like super-glue. But he was a god. And as such they did ultimately feel the ground. But that didn't stop them. The two continued to pester him as best they could eventually inciting a slap from his burning tail.

The vain fight continued while Fluttershy and Rarity helped the other unicorn back to her hooves.

"We got you darling," the white one said helping to keep their friend balanced.

"He really is scary..." Fluttershy commented quietly. She was surprised that she herself had dared to hit him.

"ENOUGH!" Unicron roared. All eyes on the battlefield turned to him. Energy was building up in beneath his plating. His form was shining an unholy light from where he was standing. Celestia gasped. He was going to do to the battlefield what he'd done to Hoofington! As quickly as she could she rushed down and skidded to a halt next to the six ponies that'd been fending him off.

"Twilight! Barrier around him! Now!" she ordered. Twilight nodded and joined the glow of Celestia's horn. A deafening explosion sounded, but it was dulled. Neither Twilight nor Celestia had ever felt such a strain against their magic before. But the explosion was contained to only within a few feet of the monster. What the audience saw from the outside was just a ball of fire that swirled around beneath its purplish transparent prison. It was only when it ended that the magic forcefield shattered with a loud bang leaving only a smoking crater. And something else.

Floating above the newly formed hole could be seen Unicron's now charred alicorn body as the smoke began to disperse, his eyes redder than ever.

"I will kill you..." he said darkly, "I will kill all of you! Every last being on this damn rock is dead!" Quite a few creatures had to squint against the blindly light that began to swirl around Unicron. Once he'd become enveloped in the veil of whiteness a series of strange crunching mechanical noises sounded from it with the shadow beneath standing upwards in a more primate form in the ball of light. The battlefield could just stare as the ball ascended into the clouds above. Everyone except for the six ponies that'd tried to stop him. If they hadn't been so dead-set against Unicron, the ponies that couldn't fly would have probably been astounded that they were levitating, their bodies glowing the colors of their elements.

"Let's end this," Twilight Sparkle said. The others followed her into the night sky.
---

From a distance it would have looked like the sky was being painted with six heavily saturated watercolors. The streams of purple, pink, red, green, orange, yellow, and blue wove their way majestically through the heavens of Equestria, the moon in the background only enhancing the incredible sight. Clouds sped past the illuminated forms in their chase. Ahead of them was what had once been the alicorn that Unicron's evil had taken hold of. Now it had been morphed into a gigantic version of his head with bat-like wings replacing where the horns should have come out of the helmet.

It didn't take long for the monster to realize that it was being followed. When it did the head whipped around, its newly formed fanged jaw hanging open. Lazily the lower jaw slung about in the chaotic swerving it made as it fired off a barrage of blasts at the mystically enhanced ponies. Unicron didn't waste any time to see if any of the shots even hit. The head just whirled back around and the lower jaw snapped into the upper one with a clack while the wings picked up speed.

The ponies meanwhile were left dodging the incoming projectiles. Most just passed by, but quite a few did just barely scrape past their bodies, the lighted trail behind them causing them to explode upon contact. Fluttershy however took one full-force to the face. Her trail spun about dizzily until Rainbow Dash swept by and got her back on track.

"What the hell kind of attack was that?" Applejack exclaimed, "He wasn't even aiming!"

"He's not worried about us, that's the thing!" Rainbow Dash yelled back, "As long as he gets to wreck shit up he's happy!"

"We're just flies to him," Twilight muttered.

"Then how's about we become a swarm of bees?" Rarity suggested.

"I'm game for that!" Applejack grinned at Rainbow Dash.

"Could we maybe be butterflies?...they're not as prone to be mean..." Fluttershy gulped. The only response she got was the nosedive that Twilight lead the group into.

"Too infinity and beyond!" Pinkie Pie screamed. The head only had seconds to look down at the group that the voice had come from before they slammed up into its crown twirling it over and over through the starry setting. It only took the stretch of the head's wings to stop the aftereffects. Taking better aim this time he opened the mouth again. This time a large cannon jutted out a bit and light began to form at its center.

"Uh...that's...new..." Rainbow Dash bent her brows.

"Split up! NOW!" Twilight ordered. The group fanned out like the fragmenting of a firework as the beam blasted through where they had been congregated. Clouds disintegrated and the remaining ones lit up from the passing pillar.

"Holy crap!" Rainbow Dash smacked the side of her head. Her eyes were bulging. "That nearly took my wing off!"

"It's gonna take your everything off!" Rarity exclaimed. She tackled the pegasus out of the way just another sped by. This time the beam didn't stop as suddenly and curved around to hit the six nuisances.

"We gotta hit him again!" Applejack yelled. Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash immediately took action performing quite impressive bends around the beam that was constantly zeroing in on them. Its assault was finally stopped when the collided with the face's cheeks and nose launching it further into the sky beyond. The face released one last blinding blast before turning and continuing on its way.

The energy hadn't been enough to hurt them really, but it did set the ponies back quite a ways. Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth at the sight of all the destruction that the monster was raining down on the land below once her vision returned. He needed to be stopped.

"He's headed for Ponyville," Rainbow Dash muttered.

"How do you know that?" Applejack asked. The pegasus lifted a brow.

"Winter Wrapup sky manager remember? If any pony knows the airways it's me."

"Less talking!" Rarity interrupted. With all the ponies focusing back on the matter at hand, they again took to speeding through the atmosphere. Fluttershy, let alone any of the ground-trapped ponies, had never felt such a velocity before. Rainbow Dash most certainly had, but even then it was nothing like how they were traveling now. It was so fluid, almost like there was no wind resistance or friction holding them back!

A loud explosion shook the land below as a forest was disintegrated from one of Unicron's blasts. Fluttershy's eye twitched.

"He...just...all those animals..."

"Now Fluttershy, keep your cool-"

"DIE!" Fluttershy's scream cut Rainbow Dash off. To every pony's astonishment, the most timid of them broke off from the group and slammed straight into the back of Unicron's helmet. The head tried to turn but couldn't. The pegasus was pressing too hard against it...and wouldn't stop. The metal plating begin to dent inward and proceeded to do so each passing moment until finally Fluttershy disappeared into the caved in portion. With an alien screech from the head, Fluttershy shot out of the front of the mouth, oil and mechanical objects decorating her path. The others just viewed the scene awestruck.

"Come on! She's procured us a window of opportunity!" Twilight realized. The others just shifted their distant stares at her. She put a hoof to her forehead. "...attack."

"Oh..." the others looked at each other and nodded. Eagerly the five other streaks raced at the distracted head. But Unicron was rather irritated from the previous assailant. Figuring Fluttershy's friends would try the same, he turned to them and shot off beams from his eyes, one for each of the five ponies. Twilight figured he must have been getting a bit arrogant to leave after only giving off such a sloppy attack. That's when she realized something. She was being followed! The lasers were homing in on them!

"Girls! Zig zag your flying!" she yelled. Noticing the remaining projectiles as well, one of the ponies panicked. Applejack and Rainbow Dash had to sweep Rarity out of the way.

"Oh...crap..." Rainbow Dash gulped upon glancing back. Their three followers had joined into one big beam! "Egghead! What the hell are we supposed to-"

POP!

Twilight was just as surprised as the others to see Pinkie Pie behind her with no beam following her and gum splattered all over the earth pony's face. Greedily she licked the substance all back into her mouth and flew over to the remaining trio. Quickly she chewed and blew another bubble which the large beam disappeared into with another pop. The others looked at her bewildered.

"...Pinkie Pie...where'd you get that chevkov's gun from?..." Rainbow Dash asked.

"Discord gave it to me during the fight!" Pinkie laughed. Applejack and Rarity sighed in relief.

"Oh, sorry I broke off from the group...I just got so mad that I...um..." Fluttershy twiddled her hooves nervously after she'd returned to the others.

"Girls, quit yapping, get Unicron!" Twilight Sparkle ordered. Rainbow Dash clamped a hoof over the yellow pegasus' mouth and sped off with the others. "I can see Canterlot in the distance!" the purple unicorn alerted. The streaks picked up speed. Twilight had never even been on a train that'd gone anywhere near as fast as they were going now. And Unicron was still ahead of them, only now oil was leaking out of the hole that Fluttershy had made. That didn't seem to deter him from the destruction he was raining.

"Girls, hit him hard and then spread and go wild!" Twilight told her friends. Unicron may have given them quite the hassle whenever they'd been together, but apart he had had to resort to more strategic methods. With the others falling in line behind her, the drifting cone they formed gained an insane amount of speed, so much so that Unicron only noticed when they'd slammed into the wound that the yellow pegasus had made. Before he could turn to face them, one of the streaks knocked his cheek the others. And then one slammed into him from above. Two more managed to rip into his mouth and shoot out of the linings of the wings! The head flailed around chaotically as the streaks bled through its form.

Using all the energy he could muster, Unicron tensed the inner workings of the head. Twilight was about to pierce a glowing red culmination of energy when the force of the action gripped her and tore her backwards out of the side of the face. She slowly halted her spinning and locked her eyes back on the head with her friends. Smoke was spewing out of the holes they'd made and was descending dizzily towards the mountain next to Ponyville.

"At this rate it's gonna hit Canterlot! Let's make this last one count!" Twilight exclaimed, "Rainbow Dash, if you please." The pegasus grinned and zoomed towards the head. One by one her friends latched onto each other's tail with her's at the front so that they could keep their energy's in line with her's. By the time that they were past Cloudsdale they didn't need to hold on anymore. They just swam along with the path that Rainbow Dash cut through the clouds. And then they were at the head. And a loud bang echoed throughout Equestria.

With the largest explosive rainboom that Rainbow Dash had ever felt, she and her friends tore through the back of the head and shattered one of the eyes upon exiting. It was the final nail in the coffin. If it wasn't out of control already, the head certainly was now. Crazily it spun about wobbling just out of reach of Canterlot. The city was filled with the gasps at the shadow that passed over it which proceeded to smash into the side of the mountaintop above.

But it didn't stop. Even in defeat Unicron seemed determined to bring about as much destruction as possible. Toppling more than gliding, the head continued downards barely missing the top of Mayor Mayer's building and smashed into the Everfree Forest. From there it swerved and churned all around through the trees and dirt. Finally, it creaked to a rest about a mile from Fluttershy's cottage where it lay smoking and immobile. Sparks shot out from the battle scars it now wore.

Cautiously, Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy drifted down and landed in front of the structure. It may have been unable to move anymore, but it certainly wasn't inactive.

"You can not destroy me," Unicron's voice uttered from the unmoving mouth. Sparks shot out of the shattered eye socket while one of the wings twitched. "You do not possess that which is required to end my life." Twilight Sparkle approached the harmless monster, her element reappearing on her head as the other's reverted back to their necklace forms.

"Maybe not," Twilight murmured, "But we certainly can do something to you. Just know this. As long as people are willing to work together, as long as there is friendship there will be those that fight against you, as they will anything that threatens them. And as long as they exist, you will always have a threat, whether or not you can comprehend why they resist." As they had each time they'd had the Elements of Harmony before, the ponies felt the energy flow forth from them and rush into the form of a rainbow. Viciously it fell upon the head and swirled around it.

"My destiny..." Unicron's voice groaned through the vortex, "You can not...destroy...my...destiny!" The voice faded with the rainbow and the head was gone.

"What?!" Discord cried. Noticing that he and Nightmare Moon had been noticed by the ponies, he attempted to fly off only to be knocked to the ground by Celestia as she rushed down to keep them there.

"Girls," Celestia tilted her head to the two remaining antagonists suggestively. The group grinned.

"...well fuck..." Discord spat. A moment later he thudded on the ground as a statue and Luna shook the effects of the cleansing off to regain her composure.

"So all is...returned to normal?..." the restored princess of the night asked.

"TWILIGHT!" Spike exclaimed. The unicorn turned just in time to be tackled by her assistant. OC hopped off P.A.R.M. and waved to Pinkie Pie.

"Yeah..." Twilight nuzzled Spike's head, "Everything's back to normal."