• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,417 Views, 86 Comments

The Wackiness of Unofficial Life - edward18



Ever wanted to see a fic of Twilight and Spike getting together simply because the fic demands it?

  • ...
15
 86
 3,417

Chapter 12: Excuse Plots

Chapter 12: Excuse Plots

"Oh that Pinkie Pie..." Applejack grumbled. After hearing about what had happened the day before, the earth pony knew that it'd take quite the cleaning up to fix the damage that that little "project" of her's had done to the barn. All Applejack could do was shake her head and head for the broom closet. Needed to start somewhere after all.

"Why shoot..." she muttered thrusting open the door and clutching the cleaning device between her teeth, "back when I rowdied up the apples in here I done didn't make nowhere near this kinda cotastrophe." It took what was seeming like hours to the dedicated individual, but Applejack knew there was probably no way that the pony that had caused the calamity would pick up...or probably even notice the mess to begin with. That was just a normal thing to Pinkie Pie. EVERYTHING, no matter how acceptable or strange, was normal to the mentally unstable one of their group. Of course if she wasn't like that, Applejack doubted Pinkie Pie would probably be anywhere near as much fun, not to mention how less exciting her parties would probably be. But still...it got tiresome sometimes.

"Well fiddlesticks," Applejack finally spat the broom onto the ground, "This ain't going nowhere!" And it certainly wasn't. In all the time she'd spent, Applejack hadn't even fixed up a fraction of the barn. Debris was still cluttered everywhere. If she was gonna get the job done she'd need help. And who she knew just who to get.

"Eh, Rainbow Dash is probably just sleeping on clouds anyhows. If she can take the time to level a barn, she should be able to clean one!" With restored faith of the cleaning, Applejack trotted out the door and traveled off towards the cloud formation that Rainbow Dash and Tank called home. After all, she was the most athletic pony in Ponyville, other than herself of course. The more ponies involved, the faster it'd get done! Meanwhile, back at the barn itself, three fillies popped their heads in.

"I'm tellin' ya, I saw my sister go in here," Apple Bloom told the other crusaders, "Don't worry, I'm sure she'll know just how to fix up the phone booth. It was her club house originally after all, and I did tells ya about how she was trying to make a phone back in the day."

"Yeah, but it's a TIME MACHINE that belonged to Dr. Hooves, not just some phone booth. WAY more intricate and complex," Sweetie Belle reminded.

"Use normal words," Scootaloo groaned at having to try and figure out what exactly the more intellectual one of the group had said. Sweetie Belle just rolled her ways. "Either way, I don't see your sister."

"Sis!" Apple Bloom called. The Cutie Mark Crusaders wandered into the ruined shack that the Apple Family had once called a barn taking care not to step on any of the glass or wood littering the floor.

"Man this place is a mess..." Scootaloo muttered, "Wonder what we've been missing with our adventures...why's there a giant ass computer thingy in your barn?" The young group huddled around the area that Scootaloo was pointing to. Sure enough there was some rather shoddily-put-together high tech equipment inhabiting the windy dwelling. On its screen flashed the words "Flagrant System Error".

"You need to get more modern stuff," Sweetie Belle told Apple Bloom.

"This ain't ours," the yellow one replied just as confused as to why it was in the barn as the others were, "Oh! Maybe it has Ponycraft on it!" Now eager to experiment with their finding the ponies began tapping all manners of buttons on the console's keyboard only enhancing the amount of times the words flashed on the screen.

"This computer's a piece of crap," Scootaloo eventually declared. Giving up as well, Apple Bloom slammed her hoof down on the keyboard in frustration. Suddenly the screen's words disappeared and were replaced with others.

"Welcome back mistress," a male voice scratched out of the makeshift device, "Descent begins in five seconds. Your cupcakes are cooling in the break room as usual. Have a nice day of SCIENCE!" The fillies gave each other odd looks before falling over with the rumbling of the floor. As had been stated, it only took five seconds for whatever was happening to happen. Beneath the hay they stood on the floor began to lower into the ground. The Cutie Mark Crusaders could only watch in awe as they descended into the earth below. The vertical tunnel was decorated with all sorts of lights and party decorations!

"This is incredible!" Scootaloo exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell us about this!"

"I don't even know what THIS is!" Apple Bloom told her just excited to be experiencing the event. The three young ponies ran around the elevator excitedly until it finally came to its stop at the bottom of the shaft. They were just as eager to exit and see what lay beyond. And they stopped. Though the chamber below was just as fun and enjoyable as the trip down had been setting-wise, there was something very wrong with what they now saw. In front of them above the first doorway was a symbol they thought they'd never see again.

"That's..."

"...we see it too..." Scootaloo cut Sweetie Belle off. The symbol that they'd put on the neck of Discord's statue to resurrect him burned into their minds.
---

"I am telling you, this is THE most important thing that could possibly happen!" Rarity explained as she hurried around the Carousel Boutique leaving Spike and Twilight's eyes to follow her, "Why if Fancy Pants is promoting my elegant designs in Canterlot do you know what this could do for my business? Not to mention that I'm already quite the star there myself and-"

"Yeah...we know how big something can get there," Twilight chuckled with a doubtful smile, "We sorta lived there our whole lives before coming to Ponyville and all..." The information did not delay Rarity in the slightest. She was caught up in her own world scurrying about to find all the materials needed. As for why she'd had the library-duo come over, she needed help with collecting quite a few gems earlier from when her previous batch had mysteriously vanished the day that she'd accused Spike of eating them all.

"Why with your help I could shine across Equestria with my fashion!" Rarity dreamed in her dashes, "I just hope that the designs won't end up too bad. For Canterlot, nay, Fancy Pants, I must give the best of the best! If I don't have his approval I might as well just not even bother! Why, what if he doesn't like the highlights or the gems? What do you two think? Rubies or sapphires? I NEED ANSWERS! SAY SOMETHING!" Twilight just smiled and rolled her eyes at the overreaction that the drama-queen was giving to the situation.

"Anything you design is lovely Rarity..." Spike said a bit too politely earning a lifted brow from the purple unicorn next to him. Though it was met with a bit of disapproval from one, it definitely seemed to give the support that the white one needed. She certainly calmed down a tiny bit if nothing else.

"Why thank you Spikey Wikey," Rarity said giving him a kiss on the forehead. Instantly the baby dragon fell backwards and Twilight's brows furrowed a bit.

"But you don't understand. It NEEDS to be the BEST of the BEST. Oh...if only I had some way to know if he'd like it for su-"

"Rarity," Twilight put a hoof on her friend's shoulder, "Calm down. You've met Fancy Pants. And I know him. He's one of the most popular ponies there is in Canterlot, and with the Princess as your teacher you get to hear things that others don't. He's not that hard to impress. If you're his friend that's enough. Basically he acts as a medium between the common folk and the more...classy ones. He's just as popular as he is because he isn't afraid to be who he is and knows how things work with society there. Whatever you make will be fine." Rarity took a few deep breaths and smiled.

"Thanks," she gave Twilight a hug before helping her yank Spike back to his feet.

"But did you really have to do the kiss thing?" the purple one whispered, "I mean you know how me and him are right now."

"Only cause of the fanfic," Rarity reminded, "And remember how I told you that you'd need some romance rival to keep fans interested."

"Stupid general audience," Twilight muttered.
---

"So...what do you guys think this place is?..." Sweetie Belle asked. After finally getting over the shock of the symbol they'd seen upon entering the underground complex, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had taken to exploring the place. What they found were rooms and rooms of test tubes and odd large capsules with liquid and such in them. Sometimes they'd find malformed creatures inside that seemed to have been dead. Sometimes there'd just be bubbles floating through the preserving material inside. Whatever was going on down in the mysterious area however had Pinkie Pie written all over it. There were balloons and streamers and bright colors everywhere. And the cafeteria was filled with nothing but sweets and cookies.

"Well, Pinkie Pie does come over every so often...no idea what she could be using this for though," Apple Bloom contemplated, "But did you gals notice something about them there tubes that we passed?"

"Their liquid glows!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Well yeah, but that's just for dramatic effect probably," Scootaloo added, "What did you see Apple Bloom?"

"Well...some of those creatures that were in them...none of them were breathing..." Apple Bloom stated.

"...uh...duh? They're obviously dead and wouldn't be able to breathe anyhow if they were underwater for that long," Scootaloo said flatly.

"No no, what I mean is I don't think they're entirely...like us."

"I hope not!" Sweetie Belle gulped, "Do you know what Rarity would do if I came home looking like that!" Scootaloo rolled her eyes and decided to sit down at one of the cafeteria tables. Though it was definitely an interesting discovery, she had to admit her legs were get a bit tired from all the trekking through the halls and such.

"What I'm trying to say is I think they need to be turned on," Apple Bloom finally got out as she herself took a seat with Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo looked at her curiously. "I mean think about it. They're all hooked up to that fancy looking equipment in them there rooms. Added to that, in bits that you can see through their skin you can sometimes make out machinery can't ya?"

"So what? They're robots or something underneath their skin?" Scootaloo inquired.

"Or a cyborg!" Sweetie Belle offered causing her friends to grace her with confused looks. Her brows flattened at the reaction. "Things that are part robots and part animals."

"Makes about as much sense as anything Pinkie Pie would do don't ya think?" Apple Bloom responded. After a minute of thinking about it the others had to admit that it wasn't too far of a stretch for the bizarre pink pony. She certainly did have a tendency to provoke things that wouldn't normally happen, no matter what subject it was. Especially considering how she sometimes reacted to her Pinkie Sense and all that.

"Well I'm ready to keep exploring," Sweetie Belle happily hopped to her feet. With a grunt Scootaloo got back to her's as did Apple Bloom. Excitedly they followed the white one into another hallway. It sure beat anything they were planning to do before finding the secret underground facility. Sure time travel was good and all, but finding something that was new was always more invigorating than revisiting something one had already done no matter how incredible. Upon opening the next door however the trio came to a stop as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom bumped into Sweetie Belle's halted form.

"Hey Sweetie, what gives?" Scootaloo growled.

"That," Sweetie Belle told them. Curiously Apple Bloom and Scootaloo peaked out from behind the white unicorn and their eyes widened.
---

"Seriously Spike, you need to get over this Rarity thing," Twilight told the dragon that rode on her back. Spike shook his head in the mane he'd buried his face in.

"Can't help that she's hot," he replied causing Twilight's teeth to grit a bit.

"Yeah but you can help how you react to her," Twilight muttered almost not loud enough to be heard, "Remember who your girlfriend is."

"Tch, make that self proclaimed girlfriend," Spike added. Twilight's eye twitched and she stopped walking. Spiked poked his head up to see what'd they'd run into. There was nothing in front of them.

"Hey Twilight, what gives?" Spike asked.

"Get down," she ordered. Though surprised by the tone of her voice, Spike did as he was told. "If you like Rarity so much then why don't you just go for her?"

"...I was before you decided to make me be your boyfriend..." Spike reminded. He couldn't see how much Twilight's face was scrunching up. She wasn't used to being bested by the dragon in many of their debates.

"So you admit it then," she huffed.

"...duh?..." Spike flatly replied.

"So I'm not good enough to be a girlfriend, you just want Rarity Rarity Rarity!" Twilight spun around and pressed her face against his. Spike gulped. He could definitely see traces of her insane state behind her eyes.

"Now I didn't say that..."

"But you think that!" she spat digging her face deeper against his, "You think that I'm just no good at all as a girlfriend. Maybe I haven't followed the book well enough or something, but fine. If you love her so much how's about you just run back off to her? After all, who'd want a girl that just spends her life reading? One that actually uses her head!"

"Um...Twilight..." Spike held up a finger in an attempt to interject. He certainly did not like where the conversation was going.

"Nope, you've said all that needs to be said," Twilight glared, "I'll just leave you alone with your precious wittle Wawity..." Now Spike's mood began to sink to her's.

"Alright then, fine," Spike muttered back, "Just forget all the time I've stuck with you or cared enough to stop you from trying to kill the princess and her sister." The glare deepened in the unicorn's stare. She knew that Spike could be quite the competent arguer when he needed to be, but she'd never experienced him remaining so calm under her more angered self. "Seriously...why are you being so jealous?"

"I'm not jealous!" Twilight yelled, "You're just...you can't make up your mind on who you want to be with! And until you do we are through!"

"Wait, what!" Spike yelped, "Twilight, what are you talking about? I still love you and-"

"Like hay you do," she muttered while her horn began to glow, "see you when you bed Rarity." Before Spike could say another word she vanished in a flash of light leaving Spike standing all alone in the street they'd been walking along. He couldn't go to Rarity cause he knew how that'd go over from his previous attempts. And he didn't know where to find Twilight. Spike was all alone.
---

"...so this place makes mechanical Spikes..." Sweetie Belle deducted. Initially she'd tried to turn away from the glowing capsule that stretched from the floor to the ceiling, but it was just too fascinating to view. Within the illuminated liquid hung an uncanny mimic of the dragon that accompanied Twilight Sparkle anywhere she went. Except for a few things. Other than the cords and wires that connected to its body, parts of its form were missing. One of the eyes and half of the snout of the lizard in particular were the items of focus. Where skin should have been it seemed to have not formed all the way over the areas giving the openings in the body rather torn looks to them revealing the metal skull and skeleton beneath. It was almost scary to look at...but at the same time far too interesting. Like some bizarre art project left unfinished.

"What would Pinkie Pie want with cyborg Spikes?" Scootaloo wondered aloud as she walked around the tube looking the lifeless figure up and down from every angle. One of the spines along the copy's back was ripped. It was like somepony had come and torn apart a highly advanced windup toy of the baby dragon and stuck it in the tube.

"Why's Pinkie Pie want anything she wants?" Apple Bloom countered. Being the first to become bored of the observations they were making, she let out a yawn and slouched over on a nearby console. A second later she and the others jumped from a hiss that sounded from a nearby door. Uknowingly the country filly had pressed against a series of buttons on the console in her laziness activating the entrance. From the opening emanated a rather eerie reddish glow.

"...you go first," Sweetie Belle pushed the orange pegasus in front of her.

"Uh uh, no way!" Scootaloo growled switching places, "No way I'm getting mauled by some deranged Spike wannabe!"

"Guess you ain't nearly as brave as Rainbow Dash then eh?" Apple Bloom goaded. She winked at Sweetie Belle upon hearing the inaudible curses that Scootaloo gave under her breath. She knew she'd regret taking the lead, but somepony had to. And who more qualified than Rainbow Dash's number one fan? Though scared to death inside, the pegasus boldly set foot into the new chamber and ventured in. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom hobbled in close behind her. Other than the glow there was nothing too unusual about the room. It was just another decorated mechanical chamber just like all the others. At least that's how it looked to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. Scootaloo was the only one that could see the source of the glow. Right in front of them...

"Oh no..." she muttered causing the others to pop out from behind her and gawk as well. Though it wouldn't have been surprising to see the symbol again after witnessing that it had been the decoration at the very start of the underground facility, this was quite different. Instead of a simple decoration, the symbol that Discord's statue had born was now an actual solid separate entity floating before them and contained within a glass dome on the wall. Thousands upon thousands of cords seemed to be hooked up to the device it was trapped in.

"...alright...why is THAT here?..." Sweetie Belle asked the question that was on all of their minds.
---

"Thanks for letting me come over..." Spike said quietly.

"Oh it's no trouble at all," Fluttershy assured him. A smile seemed forever hung on the pegasus' small mouth. Spike really did feel bad about coming over uninvited though. He knew how timid and fragile Fluttershy was compared to the other ponies. The perfect contrast to the only other pegasus in their group. But she always seemed so willing around him. He supposed that his first impression must have been quite a good one for the yellow pony. The kind one walked at a calm pace around the interior of her dwelling being sure to help all the critters that holed up in it.

"So um, I know it's not exactly my place to ask," she said quietly taking a seat across from the purple biped and began to twiddle her hooves, "But um...what exactly is wrong...if you don't mind?..." Spike smiled and rocked his head back and forth at the pony's shyness. Eventually he let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

"Twilight sorta...has the impression that I don't think she's good at being a girlfriend or something anymore and stuff," Spike cringed at the memory of how mad his friend had gotten, "I'm pretty sure she's jealous."

"Ah, so the author's run out of material for you and is falling back on the old break-up-but-keep-feelings and probably get-back-together formula to tease the fans enough for them to stay agonizingly interested," Fluttershy summarized.

"Basically," Spike sighed, "But I mean really? This early on? Cause it's not like we're just another generic cartoon. We have interesting characters that can get into interesting situations no matter what point in time. Like right now, Pinkie Pie could just jump out of your pot over there and start up an adventure."

"Good idea!" the pink pony exclaimed doing exactly as Spike had suggested causing Fluttershy to rocket to the ceiling from fright. The dragon smiled. Half of him knew that what he'd said would happen.

"So, what do you have planned?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Well I don't know about plans, but I need to find where OC went!" the crazy pony grabbed the dragon and shook him furiously, "You dragons wouldn't happen to have like cookoo sensing powers to each other would you?"

"N-n-n-o-o-o!" Spike's voice vibrated through the spasms. It took a while for his eyes to stop spinning around in his head once Pinkie Pie had decided instead to yank Fluttershy back to the ground and ask her own slew of animal-related questions to her.

"Why do you need to find him?..." Spike managed get his sight focused back on the insane intruder, "And what is he exactly? He had those two cannons come out of his arms. That ain't normal for my type."

"That's a secret!" Pinkie Pie hissed threateningly backing Spike up a bit into his chair, "No one allowed to be flat-out told! Viewers have to put it together themselves until later in the story!"

"You know, that's the thing I hate about OCs," Spike muttered, more to himself than the others, "They're always "ooo, look at me, I'm so mysterious and can do anything! I'll show up all the main characters and make the competent members of the audience spite me cause of it while the author is oblivious as to where the hate's coming from! I'm so amazing!". I mean really, it's like five sixths of the time the authors won't even try and just make them super things with no personality."

"Oh tell me about it. I mean have you heard of Ebony? I mean dating Draco and Dumbledore kicking ass at a My Chemical Romance concert? I can't make that stuff up!" Pinkie Pie was caught up in a fit of laughter from the example she gave, "Dumbledore...My Chemical Romance...he was...bwahaha! Now that is a good one!" Fluttershy tried to give her own halfhearted laugh so as not sound awkward amongst the other two participants in the conversation. Though really the only one in the room that was having the time of her life was Pinkie Pie...as she did anywhere she went.

"But either way," Pinkie Pie immediately flipped to a serious demeanor, "Let's hunt down that OC!"
---

Twilight Sparkle sighed and hung her head. Whenever there seemed to be things that got her into a more out-of-touch mood there was always a bench she would sit on and contemplate things, sometimes with a book. And the book she now had she wondered why she even took from the library at all. All it'd caused her was trouble thus far. And now she'd completely gone against all her efforts at being a good girlfriend...but she wasn't jealous. She was above such insignificant feelings. There was no reason to be jealous ever. She had had everything she would've wanted. Being taught by Celestia herself, having the wealth of knowledge that came with the library, and having her number one assistant constantly at her side...well...maybe not anymore...

Again her head dipped as her mind ventured off into memories that the bench brought. Most specifically it fixed on the time that she'd heard the fillies laughing at her in her mind when she thought she'd be sent back to Magic Kindergarten. Twilight sighed. Even for how collected and reasonable she was amongst the others, she still had her own spouts of drama and craziness it seemed after being exposed to the world she'd shunned for most of her life. It wasn't easy trying to fit in and keep one's nature the same at the same time. Though most of her breakdowns had come from just the sheer scope of the catastrophes that she had to help save Ponyville from on a daily basis.

But Twilight wasn't jealous...she couldn't be. She wouldn't allow it. No, she'd sent Spike away because he was the one that was confused over what he wanted...wasn't he?...

"How to Woo Your Man in EIGHT Easy steps," Twilight scoffed as she read the title and opened the book, "Some help you've been...hm...oh that does look fun...never have gotten Spike to take me out and pay for dinner or anything...hm..." Twilight's mind drifted off as she continued to scan through the piece of literature. Certainly not the most well written thing she'd ever come across. But it guaranteed success on the cover. It had to work.

"Take your partner to a romantic place, preferably with friends in case it doesn't work and you two want others to interact with so as not to feel awkward when-"

"I must say again Rainbow, it sure be a mite nice of you ter come help with the barn."

"Hey, what are loyal friends for?" the pegasus shrugged.

"You just wanted to get out of clearing the skies didn't ya?" Applejack questioned. Rainbow Dash smiled proudly. The duo came to a stop at the somewhat sad figure of their purple unicorn friend.

"Yo, Twilight," Rainbow Dash dropped down next to her and stole a glance at the book, "What's up?...why're you reading that?..."

"Oh not much..." Twilight sighed.

"Oh don't be going all emo on us," Rainbow Dash wrapped an arm around the more reasonably-minded pony and gave her a shake, "You got us! Now what's up?" Twilight sighed again and closed her eyes.

"I...yelled at Spike..." Twilight said quietly. Rainbow Dash and Applejack gave each other an odd look.

"Um...no offense or nothing hun, but shouldn't your little buddy be used to that kinda thing by now?" Applejack asked. Twilight shook your head.

"No...I mean I yelled at him. I said he might as well not be with me and just go for Rarity since he still makes those big longing eyes at her any time she's within viewing distance..." Twilight and Applejack glanced over at Rainbow Dash who was now in a fit of giggles.

"Now what be so gosh darn funny about this perdicament?" the yellow one was contemplating about whether or not she should berate the blue one.

"Oh it's just that Spike told me that same joke...and you and him being togeth-togeth-ahaha!" Rainbow Dash rolled around so much on the bench that she eventually fell onto the ground, tears streaming down her face and her chest heaving up and down from the gasps of air she managed to take in every now and then. Applejack just rolled her eyes and patted Twilight on the back gently.

"Now you shouldn't fret none," she told her, "You and Spike have known each other forever right? Friends don't just break up that easily. You know he loves you, and no matter what kinda tomfoolerey happens between you two you'll both stay like that. Even if you ain't gonna stay in this relationship thingy from it there's no way either of yous is ever gonna stay mad at each oth-"

"Hold up!" Rainbow Dash interrupted stamping back to her hooves and looking Twilight dead in the eye, "You mean...you two are really like...boyfriend and girlfriend?..." Blushing, Twilight nodded.

"We were..." she answered. Rainbow Dash titled her head a bit while her eye scrunched up. She seemed to be trying to comprehend the notion presented to her.

"Alright, well aside from the inherent creepiness that comes with a lot of fans seeing you two more as a brother and sister type of deal, Applejack's right. Spike loves ya and you love him. Friends always have these kinda spats. Like watch this!" With an "oof" Applejback fell over from the punch Rainbow Dash gave her. Glaring, she lifted her head back up and cocked a brow at the surprisingly eager flying pony.

"See, we're still friends," Rainbow Dash claimed.

"We'll see about that..." the victim muttered under her breath as she got back up. Despite Rainbow Dash's effort and the blow that Applejack had taken however, Twilight still just hung her head and absentmindedly returned to her book. The pegasus and earth pony looked at each other and nodded. Twilight jumped a bit in fright upon the book being slammed shut by the blue one's hoof.

"Alright Twilight, we gots to get yer mind off this here dilemma," Applejack told her, "So how would you like to come help me and Rainbow Dash clean up the Apple Family barn? It's quite a mess after that little...incident Pinkie Pie caused..." Twilight contemplated opening the book again, but only for a moment. She really did need something to get her mind off of how Spike must have felt towards her. With an attempted smile she nodded.
---

"So...ignoring the obvious evil thing that she has here, Pinkie Pie's fixed up a pretty cool place," Scootaloo gave her opinion. After they'd finally managed to tear themselves away from the object that'd enraptured their senses so hypnotically, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had made their way back to the cafeteria For how much they'd witnessed the certainly were hungry. Greedily Apple Bloom scarfed down cupcake after cupcake.

"You know you probably shouldn't eat so many of those," Sweetie Belle commented before taking a bite of her own giant cookie.

"Eh, I work out enough with sis," Apple Bloom figured and swallowed another one whole.

"I think she's talking more about your reputation," Scootaloo smirked. Apple Bloom just gave her a confused look. "Anyhow, think we should come back here again sometime?"

"If we avoid that room with the Discord necklace symbol thingy in that dome, then yeah. It might be cool," Sweetie Belle nodded.

"It fush fun!" Apple Bloom agreed through the sweets that she was chewing, "And sha bish shcary."

"And since it's on your land Pinkie Pie can't keep us out," Scootaloo figured. A mischievous smile crept across her face at the thoughts of what the Cutie Mark Crusaders could do in their newly found facility. There was a new door of endless possibilities opened to them with the material that the complex provided.

"I was thinking Cutie Mark Crusader-"

"s should get out of here?" a lower voice finished Scootaloo's proposition. Their eyes leaping in surprise, the fillies turned to look at the other being in the room. Leaning next to the door they'd entered through was a figure that looked like a black and red version of Spike.

"I'll escort you back to the elevator if you don't mind," OC offered.
---

"It was mighty nice of you two ter help," Applejack thanked her friends as the last of the rubble was levitated into a trash bin, "Now all me and Rainbow here gots to do is build this place back up and it'll be back to its old self in no time."

"Just be sure to keep Pinkie Pie from building weapons of mass destruction in it this time," Twilight gave a sympathetic smile.

"Oh don't worry, we's is gonna have quite a talk about that little spell," the earth pony assured causing Rainbow Dash and Twilight to giggle a bit.

"What'd you wanna talk about?" the aforementioned pony asked causing Applejack to jump from her sudden appearance behind her. Twilight and Rainbow Dash were pretty shocked as well. Though they should have expected the more out-of-touch-with-reality pony to pop up basically anywhere by this point, it still caught them quite a bit off guard.

"Um...why are you here?" Rainbow Dash risked an answer from the absurd pony.

"Oh um...I'm sorry, are we interrupting something?..." a smaller voice almost whispered from the barn's collapsed entrance. The instant he spotted Twilight, Spike slipped in back of Fluttershy and kept behind her as she ventured into the ruins of the structure that had once housed Pinkie Pie's partying death machine.

"Nah, you're cool," Rainbow answered with a wave, "We were just wondering why the sudden intrusion and all that good stuff."

"We're looking for OC!" Pinkie Pie hopped up and down, "I needed him to report to me about his findings on molasses in the mines outside of Ponyville!"

"...Molasses comes from sugar cane being processed into sugar..." Twilight told her.

"Nerd!" Rainbow Dash coughed. Pretty much everyone other than Fluttershy glared at her.

"What?" Rainbow Dash shrugged, "You were all thinking it."

"Oh Dashie, molasses doesn't make nerds. Willy Wonka does!" Pinkie Pie corrected happily.

"Well either way, Pinkie, we need to set a few ground rules," Applejack told her, "Why don't you all come on inside for some pie and-"

"OKAY!" Pinkie Pie cut her off and zoomed into the nearby kitchen with Rainbow Dash. Applejack and Fluttershy follwed in slowly after them leaving only Twilight and Spike to stare at each other in the ruins. The sound of a plank falling echoed through the wrecked chamber.

"...hey..." Spike was the first to talk.

"...hey..." Twilight kicked at the ground a few times in an attempt to alleviate the dragon from her mind. A spell of awkward silence encompassed the room.

"Twilight...I just wanted to say um...I can't help how my canon feelings are. If I could this would turn into another of those crappy fics where characters are just given random personalities to live out the author's fantasies...but as things are I still have my crush on Rarity," he explained slowly and approached the unicorn. Gently he put a hand on her cheek, "but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Your my best friend and I know you're trying. Your still my girlfriend to me." Tears began to form at the rims of Twilight's eyes and she put her neck around the dragon's smaller body.

"I know it's just this fanfic Spike," she sighed, "I still love you too. I didn't mean all that-"

"I know," Spike rubbed his cheek against her's.

"Um...are we interrupting something?..." a deeper voice asked. Blushing, Spike and Twilight looked to the side. OC was standing there with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

"...Pinkie Pie's waiting for you in the kitchen..." Twilight informed. The mysterious recolor gave a sigh himself and trudged towards the door. The Cutie Mark Crusaders raced towards it once the smell of pie hit them.