• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 2,824 Views, 39 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 4: Young Armor - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and Twilight end up in Canterlot in 987, where they come across a young Shining Armor and a devious villain who has dark plans for the young unicorn.

  • ...
5
 39
 2,824

Raw Energy

Chapter 5: Raw Energy

Changeling Cave, North of Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 987 C.E.

The Doctor grabbed hold of Shining Armor with his hooves as he slammed into the cave wall. At first, his vision was blurry but it soon cleared up. They were in the main chamber of a large cave. Water trickled down from the ceiling and light entered the cave from the nearby entrance. The remains of old flags, boxes, and varied pieces of armor and clothing were scattered on the floor of the cave. The Doctor still held Shining Armor firmly in his grasp as he stood up. Opal was laying on the ground a few feet away. She had a few cuts and bruises but at least was not seriously injured. It was then that the Doctor turned his attention to Chrysalis. The Changeling Queen smiled as she disappeared into the dark recesses of the cave. The Doctor slung Shining Armor onto his back and pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver.

"Are we playing hide and seek now?" he teased as he walked out into the middle of the chamber. The Sonic Screwdriver dangled from his muzzle as he talked. "To be honest I'm not really in the mood for games."

"That's good. Because I'm not really in the mood for games either," said the voice of Chrysalis from the darkness. Opal quickly got up and ran to the Doctor's side. "By the way, what is your name, obnoxious interferer?"

"I'm the Doctor, if you must know. No, there isn't anything else to it. It's just the Doctor."

"Well, Doctor, how about we make another deal? You leave dear little Shining Armor with me and I promise to not lay a hoof on either you or your new accomplice."

The Doctor turned to Opal and she blushed a bit.

"Don't let her take him, Doctor!" Opal pleaded. "It'll be the end of us all if she does!"

"So what's it going to be, Doctor?" Chrysalis teased.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to decline from your little deal. I'm not the type who hands the innocent over just to protect my own skin. If you want to get this unicorn then you'll have to get through me first," the Doctor replied.

"And...and me!" Opal stuttered.

"Excellent. Let the games being, Doctor," Chrysalis chuckled. The Doctor jumped to the side as Chrysalis flew out from the darkness. Opal rolled to the side as Chrysalis stood triumphantly before them. "I'm going to enjoy this."

Chrysalis flew towards the Doctor but he dodged once again. Shining Armor flew off of the Doctor's back and slid over towards the edge of the cave. Chrysalis flew towards him but the Doctor grabbed onto one of her hind legs.

"Get off!" she snapped as she flew up towards the ceiling of the cave. The Sonic Screwdriver fell from the Doctor's mouth and landed in front of Opal. Opal grabbed the metallic device and ran over to Shining Armor's side. Chrysalis attempted to smash the Doctor into the ceiling but he successfully maneuvered himself away from the attack.

"It seems I'm more flexible as a pony. Kind of sad that I'm only discovering this now," he chuckled to himself as Chrysalis attempted to throw him into the cave wall. He dodged again and, unintentionally, sunk his teeth into her upper thigh. She screamed in pain and kicked the Doctor bluntly with her free hind leg. The Doctor lost his grip and fell to the ground several meters below. He hit the ground with a loud thud as Chrysalis grabbed her injured leg in pain. The taste of foreign blood touched the Doctor's tongue and he quickly spat the red liquid from his mouth. "That could have gone better."

He pulled himself up from the ground and looked towards Opal and Shining Armor. He saw that the mare was holding his Sonic Screwdriver and began making his way towards them. He tried to call something to them but his body was in too much pain to allow him to make such loud sounds vocally. He motioned at Opal to toss him the Sonic Screwdriver but she failed to understand the motions. She looked down at the metallic object with curiosity and examined it.

"What a peculiar object," she exclaimed.

"Give him to me!" Chrysalis ordered as she flew down towards Opal. The Doctor stopped moving and focused all of his strength into his vocal cords.

"Hit the button and shoot her!" he cried. Opal's eyes widened as Chrysalis bore down on her, the Changeling Queen's horn glowing bright with green energy. She looked down at the Sonic Screwdriver and noticed the button on it. With one quick movement, Opal aimed the Screwdriver at Chrysalis and slammed her other hoof down on the button. There was a loud bang and Chrysalis and Opal were flung in opposite directions. As a cloud of smoke began to fill the chamber, Shining Armor slowly regained consciousness.

Outside the Childhood Home of Twilight Sparkle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 987 C.E.

There was a bright flash and the two Twilights and Cadance appeared in front of the cozy home that housed the young Twilight and Shining Armor.

"You two go inside," said Twilight the elder as she pushed Twilight the younger and Cadance towards the front door. "I'll try to find out where they went."

Cadance wrapped her hooves around the young Twilight and began pulling her towards the house.

"Don't worry. It's alright," she said. Twilight the younger broke free of Cadance's grasp and approached Twilight the elder.

"Please...bring my BBBFF back home safely!" she said as tears began forming in her eyes. Twilight knelt down in front of her younger self and wiped the tears away.

"Don't cry, Twiley," said Twilight the elder. "I'll bring Shining Armor back to you safe and sound."

"You...you called me Twiley. Only Shining calls me that. How...how did you know that that was my nickname? Furthermore, how did you know my name any-"

"Let's just say that I'm a friend who certainly knows a lot about you. It may not make sense now...but one day you'll meet a very strange pony with a box and it'll all make perfect, logical sense."

"You're a strange pony, you know that, miss?"

"I do know that. And you know what? You're also a pretty strange pony."

Both Twilights smiled at the same time. Twilight the elder stood up and looked at Cadance.

"Don't worry, miss. I'll keep her safe until you return with Shining Armor," Cadance said with a face that could only be described as a mix of happiness and seriousness.

"Good. Now get inside where it's safe," Twilight the elder said. Cadance nodded and pulled the younger Twilight into the house. The older Twilight focused on the old mental trail that led to Chrysalis and began following it. "I can't wait to get back to the present. Talking to my younger self and eight-year-old sister-in-law is just too weird."

Changeling Cave, North of Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 987 C.E.

"What...what happened?" Shining Armor asked out loud as the smoke slowly began to clear. The Doctor trudged his way over to the young unicorn and stood before him with a confident smirk on his face.

"It's a long story. Don't worry. I'm going to get you home and back to your sister," the Doctor said happily. Shining looked into the Doctor's eyes and nodded.

"You're...not...going...anywhere!" stated Chrysalis as she pulled herself out from the cloud of dust. Her horn was now badly bent and disfigured and she had several cuts on her body. A strange stream of green gas was billowing up from her damaged horn.

"Curious."

The Doctor examined Chrysalis's damaged horn and suddenly thought back to a conversation he had had with Twilight earlier that day.

"Power. Raw and incredibly unstable power," he had said.

"How can you tell?" Twilight had asked.

"Everything leaves a trace, Twilight. Even magic leaves some kind of marking. Something, or somepony, left a large remnant of raw energy here."

"Who?"

"I believe it was our cloaked friend."

The Doctor then flashed back to the present and stepped in front of Shining as Chrysalis slowly drew closer.

"Raw energy," he said to himself. "Raw and incredibly unstable energy. Her constant collecting of auras. Certainly there must be a way to break apart that already unstable energy." Then he turned to where Opal was lying and saw his Sonic Screwdriver lying down just a few feet from her. "That seems to be one way. It might not be able to defeat her completely, but at least I can weaken her." He tried to move but the pain from his injuries was catching up with him fast. He turned back to Shining and came up with a plan. "Listen, Shining Armor."

The unicorn turned to face him.

"Yes?" he replied.

"I need you to do something for me."

"Do you need me to defeat her for you?"

"Not necessarily. You're going to help me defeat her."

Chrysalis rose into the air and prepared to strike.

"How?" Shining asked.

"Do you see that metallic device lying next to the mare over there?" the Doctor asked. Shining's eyes fell upon the Sonic Screwdriver and he nodded. "I need you to run over there, grab it, and toss it over to me. Do you think you can do that?"

"Of course I can! I am a future royal knight after all!"

And with that, Shining jumped out from behind the Doctor and ran for the Sonic Screwdriver.

"No you don't!" Chrysalis exclaimed as she zoomed towards the charging Shining Armor. Shining looked back and, just before she could reach him, made a successful dodge.

"Yes! I've been practicing that move for months!" he exclaimed happily. Chrysalis nearly crashed into a nearby wall but she managed to successfully prevent the impact. Opal slowly regained consciousness and Shining Armor charged towards the Sonic Screwdriver. "Almost there!"

An orange ray of light shot out of Chrysalis's horn and hit Shining's hind legs. A strange sticky substance appeared out of thin air and attached Shining's hind legs to the cave floor.

"This was not part of the plan," the Doctor sighed.

"Come here, Shining Armor. Come here and accept your fate," Chrysalis chuckled as she approached the trapped unicorn.

"Being a bit generic there, Chrysalis!"

"The only reason I'm still putting up with you, Doctor, is because I know you'll be dead soon enough."

"If it makes you feel better then keep thinking that way. Just don't be too disappointed when your fantasies don't become reality!"

The weakened Opal crawled her way over to the Sonic Screwdriver and grabbed it.

"Catch!" she breathed as she tossed it to Shining Armor. Shining grabbed it and proceeded to toss it to the Doctor.

"What is this?" Chrysalis asked with a smirk. "Is everypony playing a game of catch now?"

"You could say that," the Doctor replied as he caught the Screwdriver in his two hooves. He then aimed the Screwdriver at Chrysalis and fired. Chrysalis screamed in pain as her right wing instantly became riddled with holes. A green mist began to emanate from the holes.

"Was...that your best shot, Doctor? This...is only a minor setback!"

Chrysalis smiled as the green mist was absorbed back into the wing and the holes slowly disappeared.

"Damn! It's not enough! I need something more! Something more powerful that could blend with my Sonic Screwdriver and break apart the unstable energies in Chrysalis for good!"

Chrysalis made it over to Shining and viciously grabbed his mane. The white light began emanating from Shining's body and began to flow into Chrysalis's mouth.

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light and the nineteen-year-old Twilight Sparkle now stood in the center of the chamber.

"Chrysalis! Let him go!" Twilight ordered as she shot a blast of magical energy at the Changeling Queen. The blast hit Chrysalis's front left leg and she groaned with pain as the outline of a hole appeared in the blast spot.

"That's it!" the Doctor exclaimed. "Twilight Sparkle, you are a miracle maker!"

"I guess I'll have to deal with you before I can finally have my meal," Chrysalis snarled as she approached Twilight. A blast of green energy shot out Chrysalis's horn and missed Twilight by a few inches.

"Twilight! Over here!"

Twilight ran over to where the Doctor was standing as Chrysalis took to the air.

"What's the plan?" Twilight asked. The Doctor aimed his Sonic Screwdriver at Chrysalis as she dived towards them.

"Fire your horn when I say so!" he replied. Twilight nodded and aimed her horn at the charging Chrysalis. Chrysalis suddenly realized what was happening and tried to get out of her dive. It was too late. She was falling towards them. "Fire!"

The Screwdriver emitted a sonic shriek as it was set off. A long purple blast of magic shot out of Twilight's horn and mixed with the Screwdriver's waves. Dark violet rings of power flew towards Chrysalis and struck her on all sides. Chrysalis screamed in agony and anger as her body was enveloped in a dome of white fire. The Doctor, Twilight, Opal, and Shining waited for the fire to disappear.

It didn't take more than twenty seconds for the white flames to disappear. For a moment, Chrysalis's limp body levitated a few feet from the ground. Holes were scattered throughout her body, her horn was jagged, her wings were cut up, her hair was messy and strewn, and her teeth were sharp and dirty. Chrysalis's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she blacked out. The defeated Changeling Queen then fell to the cave floor. A mix of different aura energies rose up from her body and disappeared into the air around her.

"I said it once and I'll say it again," the Doctor said as he grabbed Twilight in a bear hug. "Twilight Sparkle, you are a miracle maker!"

"Doctor! I can't breathe!" Twilight gasped. The Doctor let her go as the pain from his injuries slowly returned. The Doctor and Twilight walked over to the unconscious Chrysalis and examined her.

"Please tell me we don't have to worry about her anymore," said Opal as she approached the Changeling Queen along with Shining Armor.

"Don't worry. From the looks of things, this defeat really took a lot out of her. I don't think she'll remember anything about us when she wakes up," The Doctor replied.

"At least I won't have to worry about being hunted down by her."

"How are you feeling, Shining Armor?" Twilight suddenly asked. Shining took a few deep breaths as he examined the body of his attacker.

"You...you all saved my life!" he exclaimed.

"Well, from what I saw, you had a hoof in it too!" said Opal cheerfully.

"How did you know where to find us?" the Doctor asked as he turned to Twilight.

"The mental trail that Screwdriver implanted in my mind. I was able to follow Chrysalis's trail straight here," Twilight replied with a smile.

"Of course! Brilliant! I sure am lucky that I didn't disable that earlier!"

"You can worry about disabling it later."

"Excuse me," Shining breathed. The young unicorn turned to face Twilight. "This strange stallion called you Twilight Sparkle not too long ago."

Twilight gulped. She knew where this was heading. Shining walked up to her and looked her straight in the eye. His eyes widened. He looked at the yellow and green unicorn standing before him, color swapped her in his mind, and compared her face to that of his sister's. Undoubtedly, it was a perfect match.

"T...Twiley?" he stuttered. Twilight smiled as her horn glowed. Her coat and mane returned to their original colors.

"Fifteen years later," she said. Shining smiled at the sight of his older younger sister and hugged her. Twilight hugged her younger older brother and patted him on the back.

"I'd probably enjoy this moment a lot more if I didn't have a series of annoying strikes of pain in my body," the Doctor whispered to Opal.

"I feel the same way," Opal whispered back. Twilight and Shining slowly drew apart.

"How?" Shining asked.

"Time travel. Duh! I'll tell you more about it when that mad pony with the box finally gets me back to 1002," Twilight replied.

"Don't pin this all on me! That Dalek started it!" the Doctor said with a smirk.

"I...I have so many questions!" Shining stated.

"And they'll all be answered in due time."

Shining turned back to face the Doctor as he knelt down in front of him.

"Now," he said. "You've met your older younger sister, but don't you think it's time that you reunited with your younger younger sister?"