• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 2,297 Views, 137 Comments

Experimenting in Feels - TheTalentlessPony



What's a mare to do when feeling 'funny' around a specific stallion? ...I know! SCIENCE!

  • ...
10
 137
 2,297

A Warming Gesture

"...Twilight?"

"..."

"Hey, Twilight..."

"Nnn..."

"Come on... get up..."

She felt herself being shaken...

"Nooo Spike. I'm not ready to go to bed yet. Just... five more books."

"Twilight, you're dreaming."

"...Huuuh?"

She groaned, feeling her wings involuntarily stretch out underneath her blanket. Sunlight then bathed her eyes in its glow as she slowly opened them to greet the morning. She felt a little sore, but also strangely relaxed, as odd as that sounded.

Upon examining her surroundings, she noticed that she was still on top of the hill she had been on the night before. Had she slept there? She never recalled falling asleep, but it was certainly possible.

"What are you doing here, Spike?" she asked, turning her head towards her living alarm clock as she sat up, her blanket sliding down slightly from the motion to reveal one of her forelegs.

"Looking for you, of course..." Spike replied, saying it as if it were obvious.

"Oh?" Twilight asked. "But... I didn't ask you to do that if I didn't come back..." she muttered, feeling somewhat guilty.

He came all the way out here by himself, just to look for me?

"I know, but I woke up this morning and you weren't there, so I figured I'd come get you," he retorted, sheepishly putting a hand behind his head and trying to put on a straight face. "You know... cause I didn't have anything else to do."

Twilight giggled. He had missed her, she was sure; even if he wouldn't admit it.

"Alright then, tough guy. Let's head back home." she told him, directing a hoof towards Ponyville. "I'll even make you breakfast for all that trouble you went through to find me."

"Aw, awesome!" Spike exclaimed, suddenly looking excited.

Twilight chuckled at how easily-excitable he was, then stood up and shook the blanket off of her back.

She was about to place it into her saddle bag too, until...

This... isn't mine.

She curiously eyed the pattern of the blanket. Hers had been laying under her the whole time.

"Hey, Twilight..."

"Hm?" she asked, turning her attention away from fabric.

"...Who's that stallion over there?" Spike questioned, lifting a claw to point.

Her mind suddenly clicked.

That's right...

Looking over to where her assistant had pointed, she noticed a sleeping figure lying against her telescope.

"Comet Tail..." she whispered, bringing the stallion's blanket with her as she trotted over to him.

"Comet Tail?" Spike asked, raising a brow. "Someone you know?"

"...Kinda..." Twilight replied, not sure of what other answer she could possibly give.

She then turned her attention to the notepad in front of him; her notepad.

He... finished my notes for me.

The objective of finishing her notes hadn't even occurred to her last night. She remembered starting to jot down how well she did arranging the stars, but after he had arrived, it was like she had gone there just to sit around and chat.

Smiling a bit at the sight of the sleeping stallion, she bent down to him and gently nuzzled his cheek. "Thank you~" she whispered, feeling immensely grateful that somepony would stay up so long just to do something for her.

At least, she assumed that he must've stayed up long. His position was awkward, as if he had fallen asleep the instant he finished. Twilight quickly amended this by laying his blanket out and putting him onto it, fixing the angle of his legs so he'd be comfortable.

"There we go..."

She then levitated her notepad and telescope into the air, turning to Spike with a smile.

"Grab my blanket. We can head home now."

He looked at her with a skeptical expression, then shrugged and did as she told, lifting the blanket to his head as an easier way to carry it.

"Got it."

"..."

"...Twilight?"

Spike grunted a bit as he noticed her looking back at Comet Tail. She seemed to be in a daze.

"Twilight," he stated, more sternly this time.

Though quiet at first, she seemed to react to him and turned her head. "Hm? Oh. Just... ah... hold on."

Ripping a blank page from her notepad, she quickly wrote something down on it before setting it where her telescope had been.

"...Alright. Now we can go."

The two then took off, leaving the note and Comet Tail behind.

Whenever you have time, please visit the library. I'd like to thank you for what you did last night.

- Twilight Sparkle.