• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,379 Views, 70 Comments

Rainbow's New Life - Rarityfan87



A horrible storm terrors the night, Rainbow Dash decides to train anyway, nothing could stop her, or could there be?

  • ...
6
 70
 2,379

Chapter 3: Visiting Rainbow Dash

*Back at the Carousel Boutique*


Rarity had her head against Spike’s stomach; she could feel a comforting warmth. Spike fell asleep earlier. Just as they were enjoying their time together, they were interrupted by a knock at the door.

“I’m sorry but the Boutique is closed for the night. Please come back tomorrow, I am open at nine am.” Rarity said, not wanting to move from her comfortable position.

“Hello? Is this Rarity’s residence?”

“Yes dear, but like I mentioned earlier, the Boutique is closed. I am not accepting clients at the moment.” Rarity started to feel annoyed; she wanted to stay in that position.

“Hello Miss Rarity, my name is Nurse Sweetheart. I am here in regard of your friend Rainbow Dash. She is in the hospital and requests that her friends come and visit her.”

Rarity got up and walked to the door. She surrounded the door in her signature blue aura and slowly opened it.

“Sorry about that nurse, I thought you were a client. Please come in.”

The nurse did what Rarity asked her to.

“Thank you Miss Rarity.”

“Now what were you saying about Rainbow Dash?”

Just then Spike woke up and noticed a worried look on Rarity’s face.

“What’s wrong Rarity?”

“Come here Spike, the nurse here was telling me about how Rainbow is in the hospital and requests to see her friends.”

“Yes Miss Rarity. If you could please make your way to the hospital, I need to let her other friends know of the news as well.”

“Certainly nurse. Thank you for letting me know. Come on Spike, let’s go.”

“Hold on.” Spike said just thinking of something important. Spike walked to the closet. He pulled out Rarity’s umbrella and coat.

“I wouldn’t want you to get wet my lady.” Spike said as he helped her put her coat and umbrella on.

“Why thank you Spike! You are such a gentledragon!” Rarity gave him a kiss on the cheek, causing him to blush.

Spike held the door open.

“After you my lady.”

“Thank you again Spike. My my aren’t we a gentledragon tonight.”

“Only the best for you Rarity!” Spike gave her a kiss on the cheek. This time causing Rarity to blush.

Spike closed the door after them and they made their way to the hospital. On the way they made some small conversation about Rainbow Dash.

“I can’t believe Rainbow is in the hospital. What do you think of this Rarity?”

“I agree Spike, that one needs to be more careful. She is always so careless with her ‘tricks’ she does in the air. I can’t wait to hear what happened this time. She has crashed through houses before. I wonder what happened this time.”

“Well if it was you in the hospital, I would never leave your side. I would stay there until your release date. I would always be there to make sure you were alright.”

“That is so sweet of you Spike! I would do the same for you!”

“Thank you Rarity! It feels nice knowing there is someone there who cares about you. For a while I only had Twilight, that is, until I met you... Since day one of seeing you I was in love with you. And now here we are a couple. I couldn’t ask for anything better.” Spike said giving Rarity a passionate kiss on the lips. They enjoyed the moment for what seemed like ages, until they realized that they were supposed to make their way to the hospital, to see Rainbow.

“I hate to interrupt you Spike, but we should make our way to the hospital to visit Rainbow.”

“Oh, right. I forgot for a second.” Spike said blushing due to being embarrassed.

“Oh, sweetie, you are turning the most delightful shade of red, it is most becoming.”

Spike blushed harder due to her comment.

“We better get going to the hospital.”

“You are right dear. I can’t believe I lost track of my priorities for a moment there. Let us go.”

Spike held Rarity’s hoof all the way to the hospital. When they arrived, Spike helped Rarity take her coat and umbrella off. Just as Spike took her coat off, they were joined by Twilight and Pinkie Pie.

“Hey guys! You were visited by a nurse as well?”

“Yes Spike. The nurse came and told me. I told her I would let Pinkie know and she headed towards Fluttershy’s cabin.”

“Yeah poor Rainbow Dash. She does really awesome tricks and flips and twists and…”

“Whoa. Slow down Pinkie. Rainbow, isn’t feeling great, we need to be calm around her.”

“I know, but I thought I would cheer her up.” Pinkie said with the biggest smile possible on her face.

Just then, they were joined by Fluttershy.

“Oh hello guys. I heard about Rainbow Dash. Where’s Applejack? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“She isn’t here yet. She should be here soon though. Why don’t we sit down while we wait for her?”

“That sounds like a great idea.”

They all took a seat continuing to talk as they waited for Applejack.

“So Spike, how was it at Rarity’s? Just the two of you alone…”

“Hey! Don’t get any ideas Twilight. We had a nice lunch and then we decided to take a break. It started to storm outside so we sat on the couch. Rarity laid her head on my chest and I fell asleep. And then latter we were interrupted by a knock at the door. It was the nurse letting us know about Rainbow.”

“Did you guys do any kissing?” Twilight asked giggling like a school filly.

“Actually yes we did.” Spike said as he kissed Rarity on the lips.

“Okay, I get it. Get a room you two.” Twilight said, unable to hold her laughter.

“What are ya’ll laughin’ at?”

“Applejack! Oh nothing, just joking with Spike.” Twilight gave Applejack a little blink.

“Oh I see. Well how ‘bout we all go see ‘er now?”

“Sounds good let us go?”

“Excuse me, we’re here to see Rainbow Dash.”

“Your name?”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle. And this is Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Spike.”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have Spike on the list to be allowed in. The rest of you may go in.”

“What! We’re not going to leave him behind. Could you please ask her if he could come in?”

“Alright, give me a second.”

The desk clerk got up and walked down the hall of rooms. She came back only one minute later.

“She said it was alright for Spike to come in. Go ahead. Her room is number 113. About half way down on your right.”

“Thank you. Let’s go guys.”

They walked down the hall, looking at the number on each door until they saw 113.

“Here we are 113.”

Twilight opened the door slowly, in case Rainbow was sleeping. As they walked in they noticed she was awake.

“Hey guys. Thanks for coming!” Rainbow said, excitement in her voice.

“Hey Rainbow. How ya’ll doin’ sugercube?”

“I’m doing pretty good. I only have an annoying headache and some mild pain in my front hooves, but that’s it nothing serious. Now I’m just waiting for the results from the doctors.

“What happened Rainbow? If you don’t mind me asking”

“I don’t remember anything after I got knocked out. All I remember is it was getting windy. It started to rain, and the wind was pushing the rain so I couldn’t see anything. After I remember bracing myself for impact as I was going to crash. I don’t remember anything after that. I was told that a stallion brought me here after he found me unconscious.”

“What were you doing outside in the first place?”

“Well…”

“Rainbow what were you doing?” Twilight asked, with a firmer tone.

“I... I… Alright! I decided to scare Rarity by hitting a cloud to make a thunder sound and lightning. But it was worth it! I could hear her screaming from outside.” Rainbow started to chuckle.

“That was you Rainbow Dash! How could you do such a thing to a lady!? It is very inappropriate young lady!”

“Sorry Rarity, but you’re fun to prank. You always do the best ‘scared’ screams!” Rarity felt a little embarrassed.

“That’s not it though. This all happened as I was making my way to Sugercube Corner to prank Pinkie.”

“You were coming to prank me silly! Well it wasn’t worth all of this, but I am glad to see you are okay!” Pinkie said as she bounced in her usual way.

Just then they were interrupted by a knock at the door. It was the doctor.

“Hello everyone, my name is Doctor Hooves.”

“Hello doctor, I’m Twilight Sparkle, this is Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Spike.”

“Pleased to meet all of you. I’m here to tell Miss Dash her results.”

“Alright doc, what are the results?” Rainbow asked, feeling nervous.

“Well everything came out fine. You suffered no serious injuries, no broken bones and your wings seem to be fine. We’re going to keep you here overnight just to make sure everything is well. And we’ll release you tomorrow morning. Have a good night everyone.”

“Thank you doc and have a good night.”

The doctor left closing the door behind him.

“OH! That’s great news Dashie!” Pinkie said squeezing her.

“Pinkie, you’re squishing me!”

“Oh sorry Dash!”

“No worries Pinkie. But if you guys wouldn’t mind, I think I’m going to go to bed now. I want to well rested for my release tomorrow morning.”

“Sure thing sugarcube. Have a good night.”

They all said their goodnights and left closing the door softly behind them.

Rainbow put her head on the pillow in a comfortable position and fell asleep, excited for tomorrow.