• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,379 Views, 70 Comments

Rainbow's New Life - Rarityfan87



A horrible storm terrors the night, Rainbow Dash decides to train anyway, nothing could stop her, or could there be?

  • ...
6
 70
 2,379

Chapter 2: The Unexpected Storm

“I can’t believe I actually scared Rarity! This is too great. I never thought the storm I made would scare her that much!”

Rainbow Dash decided to look inside the Boutique to see Rarity’s face. To her surprise though, she saw Spike and Rarity enjoying each other's company.

“I need to get out of here, there is too much lovey dovey going on here… I know! I’ll go prank Pinkie Pie, she’s always fun to prank.”

With that, Rainbow Dash, along with her cloud, went to Sugar Cube Corner. The thousands of possibilities to scare Pinkie were racing through Rainbow’s mind. She wanted the perfect choice. As Rainbow made her way to Sugar Cube Corner, she could feel the wind picking up a bit.

“That’s odd, there wasn’t a storm scheduled for today. Unless… Darn it! I forgot about the storm they were planning today since they missed one a few days ago.”

The wind was really starting to pick up. Rainbow was losing control of her flight path. The wind started to push her around, so she let go of the cloud, not wanting to get electrocuted herself. Rain started pouring at a rapid pace, while the wind was pushing it around. Rainbow couldn’t see anything due to the heavy rain. She tried to find a landing spot, but it was too dark to see the ground. All of a sudden, a house came into view, and Rainbow tried her hardest to rise in altitude. She barely made it, almost hitting the chimney on the house.

“Woo. That was too close!” Rainbow said, wiping the sweat off of her forehead.

She continued to fly, hoping to find a safe place to land. Another house appeared in front of her; unfortunately she did not see it in time. She braced herself for impact, covering her eyes as she feared the worst. She crashed head first into the wall, the impact knocking her out. She laid there on the ground unconscious, having made a big dent in the wall.

“What was that noise!?” A pony yelled as he went outside. As he went around the house, he noticed Rainbow Dash.

“Are you alright?” Asked the stallion, but there was not an answer. He checked for a pulse, and fortunately there was one.

“I’d better bring you to the hospital, you seem to have taken severe damage.”

He brought her to the hospital. He was having trouble getting to the hospital due to the heavy rain. He finally arrived, drenched by the time he ran through the emergency doors.

“I need help, I found this pony unconscious outside my house!”

“Alright we’ll take her in.”

Two nurses brought out a stretcher and brought Rainbow through the doors to the rooms.

“Make sure to check her pulse.” The nurse told the other nurses.

The desk clerk then spoke to the stallion.

“Can you explain to us what happened to this pony?”

“Well I was at home reading a book during the storm. All of a sudden I hear a loud 'BANG' coming from the wall. Looking around the room, I didn’t see anything that caused it, so I decided to look outside. I noticed the pony unconscious on the ground. After that I brought her straight here.”

The clerk wrote everything down in a document.

“Did you notice any cuts, bruises or any other type of damage?"

“No, I didn't. It was too dark to see if she had any.”

“Did she still have a pulse when you saw her?”

“Yes, she did.”

“Do you know a friend or family member you could report this to?”

“I’m sorry, I don't. I do not know this pony.”

“Alright, thank you for the information, we’ll try to find a friend or relative. You can leave at any time now.”

“Thank you, I hope she’ll be okay.”

The stallion then left the hospital and returned home.



*Back with Rainbow Dash*

Ow! My head, major headache! What happened? The last thing I remember is getting caught in a thunderstorm.

Rainbow Dash was slowly regaining consciousness. Her eyes opened slowly. She quickly shut them; they were not adjusted to the bright lights just yet. The headache wasn’t helping with the pain either. She tried opening them again, wanting to know what had happened. This time it didn’t hurt as much, and her eyes were a little more adjusted. Slowly, her eyes adjusted fully. The first thing she saw was that she was in a stretcher being pulled by two nurses.

“Wh…Where… am… I?” Rainbow asked, as she continued to regain consciousness.

“You’re awake, thank Celestia. We were getting worried, you’ve been out for four hours now.”

“Where am I?” She asked, this time more assertively.

“Relax, you’re at the hospital. A gentlecolt brought you here after he found you unconscious outside of his house.”

“HOSPITAL! WHAT HAPPENED? WHY AM I HERE!?” Rainbow started panicking. She hated being there last time until she started to read Daring Do.

“Calm down, you seem to be fine for now. The doctors are looking at the results of the tests as we speak. As for why you’re here, according to the stallion, you crashed into the wall of his house. He went outside to see what it was, and he found you on the floor unconscious, so he brought you here.”

“I crashed into a house? I don’t remember that. The last thing I remember was being caught in the thunderstorm. And when I woke up, I had a major headache and my eyes were having trouble adjusting to the lights at first. And then I noticed I was in this stretcher being pulled by the two of you.”

“Interesting, write that down, I’m sure the doctors will be interested in hearing this.”

“Sure thing!” The second nurse answered.

“Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself, my name is Nurse Redheart. And this is Nurse Sweetheart.”

“I recognize her!” Rainbow said, pointing to Nurse Sweetheart.

“She was taking take of me when I injured my wing a long time ago.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Now before we continue, do you have a friend or relative that we can inform about you being here?”

“Actually, I have five friends. Their names are Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity.”

“Alright, we'll look them up and inform them.”

“The sooner the better.”

“Alright, Miss Dash. Sweetheart, could you please let the clerk at the front desk know to contact Rainbow’s friends?”

“Sure thing, Redheart, I'll be right back.”

“Thank you.”

Nurse Sweetheart left the room, leaving behind the notes they recently took about Rainbow. Nurse Redheart picked it up and continued to ask Rainbow questions.

“Now I am going to ask you questions about how you feel. I want you to answer honestly. This will only be seen by the nurses and doctors involved in helping you. Do you understand?”

“Yes I do, nurse.”

“Alright let us begin. How do your wings feel?”

“They feel fine, no pain there.”

“Alright. How do your hooves feel?”

“My front hooves hurt slightly, but my back hooves are fine.”

“Interesting. How do your upper body and shoulders feel?”

“They feel fine.”

“Alright. Now how about your back and neck?”

“My upper back feels a little sore. My neck is fine though.”

“Alright, that's it. Thank you for your cooperation. I will give this to the doctor when he comes back with the results.”

Just then, they were interrupted by Nurse Sweetheart.

“Hello you two, they just sent someone to contact your friends, Miss Dash. It should not take too long.”

“Thank you, Nurse Sweetheart.”

“Sure thing, dearie!”

“Now, Miss Dash, I want you to just lie down and relax. After that hit you need to get some bed rest. We'll keep you here overnight. If the results come back clean, we'll release you tomorrow morning. But if there are some concerns, then we'll decide how long we'll keep you here.”

“Alright, Nurse Redheart. Thank you for the help.”

“It’s my pleasure, Miss Dash. Now we’ll leave and let you rest. Just press the button on the right side of your bed if you need any help.”

“Alright. Before you leave, can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“When my friends get here, could you let them in right away? Even if I’m sleeping, let them in.”

“Definitely, Miss Dash. Have a good rest.”

Both nurses left and Nurse Redheart shut the door slowly behind them. Rainbow laid down and placed her head comfortably on the pillow.