• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,366 Views, 70 Comments

Rainbow's New Life - Rarityfan87



A horrible storm terrors the night, Rainbow Dash decides to train anyway, nothing could stop her, or could there be?

  • ...
6
 70
 2,366

Chapter 1: Going to Rarity's House

Rainbow's Tragedy

Written by Rarityfan87

“Spike wake up! Spike!”

“Alright, alright I’m up. What do you want Twilight?”

“I just finished writing my latest report for Princess Celestia. Could you please send it?"

“That’s what you woke me up for? Couldn’t you have waited till later?”

“No Spike, I want the Princess to see it as soon as possible.”

“Fine.” Spike took the scroll and burned it in his sending fire. The scroll turned to ashes and magically floated out the window and vanished in thin air.

“There happy Twilight?” Spike said sarcastically.

“Very. Now come and help me with my chores.”

“Fine. But this time you’re making breakfast.”

“Deal. Now let’s go!”

Spike followed Twilight down the stairs. As they reached the bottom a knock was heard.

“I’ll get it!” Spike said walking towards the door.

Spike opened the door. He was greeted by the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria. The mare of his dreams, Rarity.

“Hello Spike. Is Twilight around?”

“Yes she is, come in my lady.”

“Why thank you, sir Spike.” Rarity said giving a little chuckle. Spike blushed due to her comment.

“Twilight, Rarity is here she wished to talk to you.” Spike yelled as he guided Rarity to the couch.

“I’ll be there shortly!” Twilight yelled.

“Would you like something to drink?”

“I’m fine Spike, but thank you for asking.” Just as Rarity finished her sentence, Twilight walked in.

“Oh hi Twilight.”

“Hey Rarity how have you been?”

“I’m doing fine, keeping busy at the Boutique. How about you?”

"I've been reading and doing the necessities as usual. What brings you here today Rarity?"

song. Lol XD

“I wanted to ask you if it was alright if Spike would go gem hunting with me later today. If he wants to of course.”

“Of course I would love to come! Is it okay if I go Twilight?” Spike said in an excited voice.

“Sure Spike, in fact you can have the rest of the day off. I can finish off the chores myself.”

“You’re the best Twilight!” Spike said as he ran up to hug her.

“You’re welcome… Um Spike could you let me go please, you’re choking me.” Twilight said gasping for air.

“Oh sorry Twi.” Spike felt a little embarrassed.

“Yes thank you kindly Twilight. Are you ready to go Spike?”

“You bet I am! See you later Twilight.”

“Make sure you’re back before it is too late.”

“Okay Twi.”

Spike followed Rarity outside. The sky was getting cloudy.

“I hope the clouds are just passing by and there won’t be a storm tonight. Hopefully the weather team didn’t schedule an unannounced storm.”

“Me too Rarity.”

“Enough about this gloomy weather talk, how have you been today Spike?”

“Great, now I don’t have to stack books. Besides it’s always great when I get to spend time with you!”

Rarity blushed, “That is so sweet of you to say Spike!” Rarity gave Spike a kiss on the cheek. Spike instantly blushed.

“How about you Rarity, how have you been?”

“I’ve been great. Sweetie Belle is with my parents for a week, so I have the chance to get a lot done. And time to spend with you Spike.” Rarity said giving him a hug. Spike returned the hug.

“I always love to accompany you Rarity.” The two were interrupted by their grumbling stomachs.

“Let us go to the Boutique, I will make us some lunch.”

“Alright.” Spike said feeling great. His love kissed him on the cheek AND hugged him. His dream was coming true!

Spike was following Rarity. Love still in his heart.

“Hey Rarity, is it alright if we hold hooves?” Spike asked shyly.

“Of course Spike, you don’t have to ask.” Rarity offered Spike her hoof. Spike gently grabbed being careful not to hurt her with his claws.

They continued to walk towards the Boutique. Today was turning out to be the best day ever for Spike. They had arrived at the Boutique. Spike held the door open for Rarity.

“Thank you Spike.” Rarity said as she walked in.

“No problem.” Spike said as he walked in and closed the door.

“So Spike what would you like to have for lunch?”

“I’m not sure, what are you in the mood for?”

“How about a salad?”

“That sounds great! You always make the best salads.” Spike said giving Rarity a kiss on the cheek.

Rarity blushed.

“You are too kind Spike!”

Rarity walked into the kitchen, Spike followed. Rarity pulled out the lettuce, some cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes. She also pulled out some gems for Spike’s salad. Spike helped out by setting the table. He placed two seats next to each other. Just as Spike finished, Rarity came in with the salads; they sat down. Rarity pulled up closer to Spike. Spike took the first bite.

“Perfect as always Rarity! What kind of vinaigrette is this?”

“Why thank you Spike. The vinaigrette is made with lemon, honey and some spices.”

“It tastes awesome!”

“I’m glad you enjoy it Spike.”

Spike made sure to eat with elegance. He used his utensils and his napkin. He wanted to make sure he was his best around Rarity.

The two finished. Spike helped Rarity clean the dishes.

“Is it alright if we sit down for a little while before we leave? I’m stuffed.” Spike asked Rarity.

“Sure thing Spike, I could use some rest as well.”

They both sat down on the couch. Rarity sat beside Spike. At first they were enjoying each other’s company until they were interrupted by the sound of thunder.

“AHHHHHHHH!” Rarity yelled.

“What’s wrong Rarity?” Spike said ready to attack any intruder.

“I’m sorry Spike, I’m afraid of lightning and thunder..” Rarity said.

Spike held Rarity in his hug.

“Don’t worry Rarity, I’m here I’ll protect you.”

“Thank you Spike.” Spike gave Rarity a kiss on the lips. Rarity returned the kiss.

Rarity positioned her head against his chest. She could be in this position forever. Spike’s chest was giving off a comforting warmth. Spike and Rarity were in heaven.


“Bwa ha ha ha ha!” Rainbow couldn’t hold in her laugh.