• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 3,911 Views, 95 Comments

Operation Iron Hoof - thewookie1



Equestria has faced many enemies, but none as evil as this. HiE, war

  • ...
18
 95
 3,911

The Gears begin to Turn (2.0)

January 21, 1944 SS HQ in Everfree Forest

The portal sparked to life with a sudden flash of light alerting the soldiers nearby causing an immediate scramble to the portal as a group of figures made their way out of the strange reddish-orange liquid-like substance encased in the portal.

“Heil Hitler!” Standartenführer Fransheim said with a full salute stopping only a few steps from the portal.

“Heil Hitler!” a squad of soldiers said in unison as they clapped their heels, while the guards flanking the officer quickly took up positions opposite of the others.

“Who is in command here at the moment?” Fransheim asked the soldiers as he walked slowly through the group.

“Unterscharführer Hart, sir” one of the soldiers replied.

“Alright then, I need to be taken to the HQ immediately! I have a flight to catch.” Fransheim commanded the troops while walking toward the young Unterscharführer who stood quaking in his boots.

“Yes sir, the Opel is over there. I shall inform you on the way on our progress.” the Unterscharführer stuttered out as he pointed to his right where two additional soldiers stood at attention.

“Good, I sure hope your superior officer is more capable of speaking though.” he scoffed as he walked past the young officer.

Fransheim and the squad loaded into the back of the Opel Blitz truck sitting on pre-installed fold up benches on either side of the topless truck bed. After a tapping on the top of the driver’s carriage by the soldier nearest to the driver, the engine roared into action and the truck began to move. As they drove through the forest the young Unterscharführer began explaining.

“As you can see sir, we have been working around the clock in building a road from the portal to our headquarters to assist in logistics.” Hart explained while doing his best to hide his fear of the SS officer.

“And what of the cave?” Fransheim added.

“We have been expanding the inner corridors as orders, sir. But without the ability to use mining explosives, we have been forced to use only picks and shovels, so it has grown slowly. But the false wall is up and the inner cave likely could house at least a thousand men, sir.” Hart replied rubbing legs to get the sweat off his tense palms.

“Well that won’t be a problem very soon.” Fransheim replied with a cruel grin to which Hart just smiled awkwardly.

“Uh, here we are now sir.” the much relieved Unterscharführer stated looking over Standartenführer Fransheim’s shoulder to see the camp coming into view.

As the truck entered the HQ area SS soldiers began saluting from partially dug trenches and assorted construction sites. It continued to drive until it pulled up next to a JU-52 sitting on a short runway cut out of the forest. Immediately the soldiers on the ground stood in formation with their salutes while the ones in the Opel filed in.

“Heil Hitler!” Fransheim exclaimed as he looked over the group of forty soldiers, two pilots, and four well dressed ‘diplomats’.

“Heil Hitler!” the group replied returning the salute.

“Is the plane ready pilot?” Fransheim stated as he approached the ramp.

“Sir, you’re going? The operation’s manual didn’t mention this.” the “Italian" diplomat asked as he raised his hands in confusion.

“I couldn’t miss the facial expressions they are going to give us when we land. I read stories of how the savages in Africa reacted to the early explorers’ technology and felt this would be my chance to see it first-hand.” Fransheim finished as he entered the plane.

The pilots then climbed aboard and began doing their pre-flight check while the other soldiers climbed onboard. Four officers/temporary officers and twelve soldiers armed with Mauser Kar98s then took off heading north to their intended destination.

The plane cut through clouds of varied sizes as it made its way to Canterlot; the sound of three BMW 132T reverberating through the sky. As it flew over Ponyville multiple soldiers looked down through the windows on either side of the fuselage with fascination and curiosity; while ponies looked up toward the sound which similar fascination. Suddenly, a pony began yelling causing a sudden panic leaving Ponyville Square vacated in less than a minute startling the soldiers who watched from above as the creatures below scrambled.

“They look like we are about to bomb them.” one soldier commented to the men near him.

“Maybe they’ve seen planes before?” another commented.

“What was that?” one soldier said startled as a cyan blue streak bolted past the plane.

“It was nothing Shultz. Just your imagination.” the soldier next to him said to him dryly prompting the other to scowl.

“Sir, you may want to see this.” the pilot yelled back into the passenger seats.

“What is it pilot?” Fransheim yelled back slightly annoyed to be interrupted from his work.

“One of the flying horses is flying next to us!” the pilot yelled back surprising the passengers and prompting one soldier to grin smugly at his friend.

“Finally I get to see one for myself.” the Standartenführer said as he walked up to cockpit where he looked out the side of the front windows to see a cyan pegusus with a rainbow mane just to the right of the windows.

“Hey!” Rainbow yelled trying to overcome the roar of the engines to no avail while waving.

Fransheim just stared at the flying pony, blinked a couple times, and turned back toward the passenger section. Seeing no
response from the humans inside, Rainbow made a disgruntled sigh and headed back towards Ponyville.

“Sir, I believe we can see Canterlot from here.” the co-pilot stated as he looked to the small protrusion from the side of the largest mountain ahead.

“If we can see their castle from here, the Fuhrer will be overjoyed by its size.” Fransheim commented turning around to see the sight in the distance.

“10 o’clock sir…. a floating city?” the pilot said with disbelief.

“Interesting, it looks like…. uh Athens, but in the air.” the co-pilot replied confusingly.

“You’ll have plenty of time to stare at it some other time soldiers.” Fransheim sternly said though he, himself, was further intrigued by the rainbow colored liquid flowing from a factory like shaped building.

The plane’s propellers continued their mild hum as the plane approached Canterlot from the southwest. Meanwhile inside Canterlot the slight hum of motors began to be heard by the local populace.

“That long road looks like a good landing spot Erich.” the co-pilot said as they began to get a clearer view of the city.

“Yes, I hope these animals have the brains to get out of the way.” Erich confirmed.

Meanwhile in the Royal Guard Barracks

“Captain, there are guards saying an odd aircraft is making its way to the city. It’s about ten minutes out approaching from the southwest at high speed.” a gold armored white colt said with a salute.

“I guess the Princess’s guests have arrived. Just be sure to guide them in, and clear the populace where need be.” Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor ordered the soldier. “Also send a messenger to the Princess to tell her they appear to have arrived.”

Back in the plane

“It looks like they’re giving us a landing zone Erich, I guess you owe me three hundred reichsmarks.” the co-pilot said with a grin.

“Dammit…” Erich said rolling his eyes in annoyance. “You’re worse than those swine in the banks.”

The co-pilot began laughing before practically choking as Fransheim entered the cockpit again.

“What is so funny, are the horses putting on a show for you two…” he sarcastically droned to the pilots.

“No sir, but their operation on the ground is quite the sight.” Erich replied. “They keep just staring up at us, one even fainted from what it looks like.”

“That is good. Even aliens respect the might of the Reich’s engineering.” Fransheim replied looking down at the ponies. “When do we land?”

“About five minutes Standartenführer Fransheim.” the co-pilot replied flicking a few switches.

The plane slowed as it approached the hastily prepared airstrip and touched down with a small bounce and then slowly killed the engine bringing the flying fortress to a standstill. Hearing the beast quiet multiple royal guards flooded toward the aircraft surrounding it within the minute. Then suddenly the side of the plane opened up and two soldiers hopped out with guns drawn with a third slowly climbing down.

“We arrive in peace.” Hauptsturmführer Von Rylander said in a heavy German accent. The he tapped both his soldiers on the shoulder prompting them to lower their weapons.

“Lower your weapons stallions.” a golden armored guard ordered as he stepped forward with his red helmet crest blowing in the breeze.

“What brings you strange creatures to Canterlot?” the Royal Guard officer asked glaring at the three Germans outside the plane.

“We have a meeting with your Princess.” Von Rylander responded as he gestured diplomatically.

Remembering what his orders were, Sentinel grabbed his helmet in his magic, and placed it on the ground before
saying, “Welcome to Equestria humans. I hope your stay is beneficial to us all.”

“Oh it will.” Von Rylander whispered as he nodded in approval before moving out of the way for the others to come out of
the aircraft.


January 27, 1944 Abwehr Headquarters Berlin, Germany


The aged Admiral Canaris sat at his desk reading through reports when a secretary came in with more mail.

“Thank you Catherine.” the Admiral said with a smile.

“I do know how much you love to read your reports sir so I put all the event mail at the bottom.” she replied sarcastically causing the Admiral to give a hardy chuckle. She then handed him the stack of letters and returned to her desk outside the room.

{Let’s see what we have here.} he thought as he began shuffling through the stack of mail. As he approached the bottom, a letter made his eyes widen and he promptly pulled the letter from the pile and began to read its envelope.

From: Dregen, Germany

He immediately tore the large letter and spilled its contents onto his desk and began rummaging through the assorted “trinkets” before finding the letter.

Dear Wilhelm,

Good to stay in touch with an old friend. The war hasn’t touched this beautiful town which is surprising seeing how there’s soldiers stationed near here They come out to the bars and pack the places telling tales of burns they sustained to a dragon. I wonder if I can take a flight to Vienna for a short time. I saw aircraft parts heading west. The peace here is quite relaxing aside for when heavy machinery heads to that military base which causes a ruckus. I wonder if the power plant for this city is being bombed a lot seeing we lose power quite often. I plan to see our old friend soon, I’ll be sure to tell him you said hi.
Sincerely,

Johan

After reading the letter a large swastika on a letter drew his eyes to an envelope from Paris.

Intelligence Report:
-U.S. are likely preparing an invasion of the Port de Calais or Brittany
-S.S. divisions are missing from reserve duty roles in Brussels, Paris, and Brittany
-Points A through Q are ready while R is still holding out
-French Resistance has been taking fish from local villages

“I wonder what they are up to in Dregen.” Canaris quietly asked himself while rubbing his chin.


February 2, 1944 Twilight’s House/Library

Trixie sat up from her bed and yelled, “Spike…”, as she laid her book on the nightstand to her right.

“Yes….” Spike replied rolling his eyes.

“Could you get me a smoothie, my poor tongue is begging for vanilla.” Trixie continued as she approached the door of the guest room.

“Fine…” Spike replied as he went into the kitchen to make the smoothie.

As he mixed it the front door bell rang alerting Spike that a customer had arrived. “Trixie can you help?”

“If that is needed...” Trixie replied dryly as she quickly donned her hat and headed to the front room. “Welcome to Books & Branches ‘Where you may never want to leaf…” she announced in a monotone.

The stallion at the door was very skinny green pegasus with a red mane with a small hat that denoted he worked for the postal service. “Hello…. Ah.. ahh”

“Ah, a mailpony. Speak up I have a smoothie melting in my room.” Trixie said sternly at the love struck mailpony.

Spike walked in expecting to help before his thoughts were interrupted.

“Miss, I haven’t seen such a beautiful creature in very long.” the wannabe casanova suavely said as he shoved the large yellow letter into Spike’s claws.

“Do we know each other?” Trixie replied surprised by the sudden change in the mailpony’s behavior.

“I would like to know you a lot more.” he said while seductively posing.

“Well I don’t, Thank you for coming and don’t come again.” Trixie said as she magically lifted the pony back out the door and shut it on his rump.

Spike laughed before beginning to try taking the large letter off his claws when Trixie’s light blue aura surrounded the envelope and removed it.

“That was awesome. Sometimes I wish Twilight was more willing to stand up for herself.” Spike said as he ran over to the window to see the now angry pegasi kicking a rock before giving a huff and taking flight.

“Well a traveling showmare must be able to defend herself you know.” Trixie replied smugly with a confident grin.

“Why? Are you in the Everfree Forest a lot?” Spike said with much curiosity.

“Um, not reall…. Yes, that is the main and only reason.” Trixie replied with a insincere grin.

“That’s cool, so what do you know? Rarity knows two different martial arts!” Spike said with a lovestruck grin near the end.

“I know some karate… that’s about it.” Trixie said rubbing her hoof behind her neck.

“Wow, Twi was right! You really are a changed mare!” Spike proclaimed startling the showmare causing her hat to fall off as she moved her hoof again.

“Really, how so?” Trixie inquired intrigued by what he said.

“When you came here last time you would of probably been all like (Trixie impression) ‘ The Great and Powerful Trixie can do anything better than you. I know every martial art ever created.’ and then preceded to challenge a pony. “ Spike said grabbing her hat, placing it on his head and in the end pointing at Trixie.

“Really, that doesn’t seem very showmare-like” Trixie replied submissively.

“Yeah, you were really grinding on ponies’ nerves with your endless boasting. “ Spike said as he continued to dance about the room much like Trixie did at her show.

“I was a boaster?” Trixie asked cautiously.

“Yeah, like Rainbow just more annoying since you spoke in the something person.” Spike said trying to remember what Twilight had told him.

“Is that what caused the Ursa Minor problem?” Trixie asked knowing the answer was likely not good.

“Yeah, your claims of defeating an Ursa Major convinced Snips and Snails to go bring one to town.” Spike responded.

“I thought the Ursa came because it followed my cart?” Trixie asked confused by Spike’s statement.

“Who gave you that idea?” Spike asked practically shocked.

“Twilight..” Trixie replied as it dawned on her finally why everyone in town besides Twilight and her friends refused to speak to her.

“Oh, I don’t think I was supposed to tell you that.” Spike said scratching the back of his head before kicking the bookcase in self-punishment.

“I guess I really am a Lulamoon….” Trixie whispered to herself.

“What was that?” Spike asked.

“Nothing Spike… Put my smoothie back in the freezer, I’m not feeling hungry anymore.” Trixie depressingly said as she held her head low and returned to the guest room.

“I wonder why she got all sad. I need to fix this! Twilight is busy with Robert so as her number one assistant I must solve this problem!” Spike said proudly.

“But who can help me? Rarity is busy with orders, Rainbow Dash isn’t the greatest to ask for advice… Applejack has to help Big Mac with the apple harvesting, Fluttershy would likely cower at the idea of looking into a pony’s history behind the scenes, and Pinkie….” Spike spoke to his small baby phoenix.

“Tweet” PeeWee replied fluttering his wings.

“You’re right PeeWee! Princess Celestia would know how to fix it!” Spike replied as he rewarded him by scratching him.

“Tweet” PeeWee replied in bliss.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I have come across a problem. A mare around my age has been at my home for almost two months but does not appear to be getting her memories back. Could you look up the archives on ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie’?
Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle

“I hope that sounds enough like Twilight…” Spike said. Then he blew a small green flame at the letter sending it to the princess.


February 8, 1944 Robert’s Tent HQ

“It’s nice being home again… I see for once the SS made themselves useful and cleaned up the mess.” Robert said as he
approached his tent with Twilight.

“Actually I cleaned it up with some help from the others. It was my fault after all that the Manticores came and you were wounded.” Twilight said in a depressing and apologetic tone.

“Awe, I guess they still aren’t useful for anything but stress. When did you clean it?” the Oberst inquired as he laughed.

“Right after I left the hospital.” Twilight replied with a smile. “Why don’t you like the other humans here?”

“Let’s just say the SS and my Wehrmacht aren’t the best of friends. We serve the same country but they are bit zealous in our government ideals and have a tendency in making our jobs harder. Plus I have a personal problem with them.” Robert answered as he went through his stuff looking for the bloody paper he had found on the dead soldier.

“Oh, may I ask what it is? Maybe I can help seeing that I am studying friendship.” Twilight asked magically pulling a pad of paper and quill out of her saddle bags.

“You don’t want to know Twilight, trust me.” Robert said noticeably disturbed and depressed.

“Oh, but talking about problems is the best way to fix them. I have read in multiple books.” Twilight said with a reassuring grin.

“I bet you have, Twilight, “Robert replied with a small smile. “but this is something I’d rather not tell you about.”

“Oh… ok, need help then finding this paper you need?” Twilight responded saddened.

“Sure, check those boxes over there. It’s a sheet of paper with blood and numbers on it.” Robert said causing Twilight to cringe at the word blood.

“Alright…” she replied apprehensively.

After about fifteen minutes Robert finally yelled “a ha!” startling the lavender mare who then bumped her head on the new table.

“Sorry… but here it is! I must of left it in my jacket pocket after interesting night.” Robert said holding up the reddened paper in pride.

“What is it?” Twilight said quizzically.

“I’m not sure; it’s some SS prisoner movement. Here take a look.” Robert said handing the paper to Twilight who grasped it in a magical aura.

Transfer of Prisoners
500 prisoners from Bolzano
35 Americans
52 British
23 Italian
400 Other
Unreadable smudges….
Destroy upon taking place.

“What does this mean?” Twilight asked pointing to the floating sheet.

“Well the Americans and British are POWs, prisoners of war, I would presume. The Italians could be either POWs or political. And the ‘Other’ I have not the slightest idea.” Robert explained as he moved his finger over the words.

“Prisoners of War? Is that a phrase of some sort?” Twilight asked turning her head sideways in confusion.

“It means we captured surrendering enemy soldiers. We then take them to POW camps to make sure they don’t aid the enemy again. They do the same thing to our surrendering men usually.” Robert replied with a shrug.

“What do mean by usually? What else can you do with them…. Oh.” Twilight said with a noticeable frown.

“It varies by officer how they deal with surrendering enemy combatants. Not all officers obey the rules of war.” Robert explained with a sigh and a slight frown.

“What about you, you’re an officer.” Twilight asked worrying what might be said.

“Well I personally never had to deal with surrendering enemies. My old superior officer in North Africa though, always did.
At least to my knowledge we tried to fight the British honorably and without reasonless hatred.” Robert explained getting
slightly relieved reaction from Twilight.

“What were you doing in North Africa? That map you showed me doesn’t put Germans there.” Twilight asked again.

“It’s a long story so I’ll tell you some other time. Okay?” Robert asked getting a nod. “ For now I’d like to get back to the paper… I was hoping you could make the unreadable lines visible with your magic. “Robert said pointing at the paper and then her horn.

“I can try, but I would have to go home and read into paper cleaning magic.” Twilight responded surprised by the Oberst’s knowledge. “How did you know I might be able to?”

“I guessed.” Robert stated earning Twilight facehoof.

“What about political?” Twilight then questioned.

“That’s a whole other topic I don’t really want to explain at this time, is that okay too.” Robert said defensively.

“Okay I guess.” Twilight nodded slightly disappointed by the knowledge being withheld from her.



February 12, 1944 “German”-Equestrian Embassy

An SS soldier opened the small door and entered the former mansion now turned embassy holding a large envelope. After greeting the guards on the first floor he preceded to climb the stairs and open the door labeled Hauptsturmführer Von Rylander.

“Heil Hitler!” the soldier stated with the full salute as he entered the officer’s office.

“Heil Hitler!” Von Rylander returned.

“Hauptsturmführer I have your newest orders from HQ.” the soldier said handing the envelope to Von Rylander.

“Thank you soldier, you may leave.” Von Rylander replied giving a short salute.

“Yes sir.” the soldier walked out after returning the salute.

Grabbing his letter opener he tore the seal on the envelope and pulled out its contents and began to read.

With the recent success in the diplomatic dealings with these ponies we have decided we need to take advantage of this grace period. In this envelope are schematics to basic combustion engines and a Volkswagen. Your goal is to convince them to trade us coal or if possible crude oil for these schematics along with German help in building production plants. Additionally inquire upon what the reward for fixing the Manticore problem in the Everfree Forest would be.

{Hmmm, I guess I can bring this up tonight at the Festival they are hosting at the Canterlot Castle.}



February 13, 1944 Ponyville Market

The sun shined brightly as Twilight and Spike made their way slowly through local market. The many pony folk without gifts were scrambling for gifts for Hearts and Hooves Day turning the usually organized marketplace into a complete mess with many ponies yelling and tents looking more disheveled than ever.

“Chocolates! Four for a bit!” one pony yelled out.

“Flowers! Get your blue and gold flowers here!” another yelled while raising a sign.

“Roses! We have roses over here. Sweet smelling and de-thorned.” another vendor yelled as she stood atop her table to attract attention.

“Spike, you be sure to stay with me. I don’t want you to get lost.” Twilight said to the little dragon walking beside her.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know Twilight.” Spike said with a dismissive wave.

“Ah Spike, watch where you’re going…” Twilight said putting her hoof on her face as Spike walked directly into another pony.

“Hey! Watch it!” a large stallion yelled startling the pre-occupied baby dragon.

Grabbing Spike with her magic she lifted him back on her back before turning her head and giving him a scolding glare.

“What are thinking about Spike?” Twilight asked again startling the dragon.

“I’m trying to figure out what to give to Rarity. I want to give her something great! Then she will like me too!” Spike said standing proud upon Twilight’s back.

“Spike, what were you thinking to get her?” Twilight asked with a giggle.

“Well, I was trying to figure out how to get a large amount of gems for Rarity so she wouldn’t have to go to the Diamond Dog’s territory again.” Spike said showing a simplistic picture Rarity being happy with gems above Rarity being sad with Diamond Dogs.

“That’s nice of you Spike, what were you planning?” Twilight asked again as they restarted their path toward the grocery part of the market which was practically vacant at the time.

“Well I was going to have Robert use his guns to scare that mean dragon from that one cave.” Spike said intently.

“What! Spike that isn’t a good idea! That could get you and Robert hurt.” Twilight said so startled that Spike toppled to the ground.

“But he said that he’d be willing to help me with stuff.” Spike said in defense.

“I doubt he meant he would become your very own aggressive negotiator.” Twilight retorted receiving a scowl from Spike.

“How am I supposed to be her knight in shining armor then?” Spike said depressingly.

“You could make her a card.” Twilight suggested with a smile.

“I can’t.” Spike replied hanging his head low.

“Why not? I can help if you want me too.” Twilight said lifting the dragon back onto her back.

“Somepony bought out the entire store of card making supplies earlier today.” Spike said in a depressed tone leaning on Twilight’s neck for comfort.

“How do you know that for sure?” Twilight replied quizzically. “It is very unlikely that all the card making supplies are out throughout Ponyville.”

“Look….” Spike said pointing to multiple card shops all with signs which said sold out.

“How can that be!?! ” Twilight said while her jaw dropped in amazement. “Well we should have some paper at home”

“But that’s just for scrolls, maybe we can give her another type of gift!” Spike exclaimed.

“Like?” Twilight said quirking her eyebrow in curiosity.

“Something foreign, something completely out of this world, something…..”


A few hours later at Robert’s Tent HQ

“You want me to find what?” Robert exclaimed in utter confusion.

“Something cool from your world that will win me Rarity! Spike said practically jumping.

“Like what?” Robert said glancing at Twilight who quickly mouthed “Sorry”

“Clothes, do have any clothes she could use for inspiration or a massive fashion book from your world?” Spike said as he hopped on his tail like a pogo stick.

“Well I do have some photos from France….” Robert said before Spike yelled.

“Where!”

“Somewhere in this mess of boxes” Robert said pointing to his tent which was now overfilled with boxes.

Spike immediately hopped into the nearest box and began rummaging through its contents.

“Where did these come from?” Twilight asked gesturing at the boxes and second tent outside.

“High Command has shifted me here on a more permanent liaison position and is sending all my personal belongings here.” Robert said as he rubbed his forehead. Supposedly an actual HQ is on the SS’s building agenda but I doubt it.”

“So you’re staying here?” Twilight said with a grin.

“Yes, I guess so….” Robert said with little enthusiasm as he glanced over at Spike and quickly yelled “Don’t touch those boxes they won’t…… stand up without.”

Boxes came crashing to the ground leaving an embarrassed Spike, angry Twilight, and annoyed Oberst in its wake.

“Why….” Robert whined rubbing his head again.

“Sorry Robert.” Spike said with pleading eyes.

“Oh not this again….” Robert replied leaving Twilight and Spike confused. “You see the Crusaders were here earlier…”

2 hours earlier

A scooter with wagon in tow zoomed down the freshly constructed dirt road toward the portal holding three fillies in helmets.

“Ah sure hope Robert won’t mind helpen us.” the yellow pony in the wagon said to her friends; her red mane blowing about under the helmet.

“I think he will Apple Bloom, he’s a nice pony.” the white filly replied; her purple three toned hair doing the same.

“Ah sure hope yur right Sweetie Belle.” Apple Bloom said with a slightly worried expression.

After a few minutes the scooter came to an abrupt stop in front of the large white tents which were situated near the portal. All three of them tossed their respective helmets into the wagon and walked over to the tent.

“Hellooo, anypony home?” Apple Bloom shouted outside the tents causing the others to cringe.

“I don’t think he heard you.” the orange filly with a purple mane said sarcastically earning a glare from Apple Bloom.

Robert hearing the question and now the sound of arguing outside his tent flap, pushed back his chair and walked over to the flap.

“Ah, hello?” Robert said looking down at the white filly holding the other two back from one another.

“Oh, Hey Robert!” the three yelled in unison causing the officer to flinch.

“For the last time I’m not letting you three anywhere near my rifle, or my grenades, or even my bayonet.” Robert quickly replied sternly.

“That’s not what we’re here for though. We’re here to ask for your help.” Sweetie Belle asked promptly the all three to innocently look at the officer.

As Sweetie Belle explained their need for help with the massive card Scootaloo and Apple Bloom wandered into the other tent.

After a few minutes Robert agreed to help the fillies and shook Sweetie Belle’s hoof but as they went to tell the others a loud crash came from the other tent.

“Aaaah Avalanche!” Scootaloo yelled running out of the tent with Apple Bloom following closely behind along with multiple
brown boxes. Sweetie Belle blushed with embaressment as Robert stared at the mess mouth agape.

“Guys what happened?” Sweetie said as she trotted over to her friends who were recovering from their sudden dash; while Robert just stood paralyzed in a state of disbelief.

“We were hoping to do Mr. Robert a favor.” Scootaloo panted.

“Yah, ah thought that he might want help unpackin his boxes.” Apple Bloom explained restraightening her bow.

“Is he broken?” Scootaloo asked causing the other two to notice the officer gesturing with his hands in confusion while looking over the mass of spilled contents spread across the the tent’s interior and entrance.

Back

“Oh”, Spike replied as he scratched the back of his head.

“How about I just give them to you tomorrow when I get into town?” Robert suggested as he again glanced over the recently made mess.

“That sounds fine, Spike we have things to do.” Twilight quickly replied as she lifted the surprised baby dragon with her magic and left while waving good bye.

“Good bye? I guess I have another mess to clean up….” Robert said to himself with a depressing sigh before bending down and beginning the clean up.

Author's Note:

This is 2.0. I said I would fix it, I sure hope it’s a bit better now. Plus I added the Heart’s and Hooves part to this chapter since it really wouldn’t fit with Chp 16. So re-enjoy. 
1 time skip down, at least 2 more to go.
Next time we shall include the wedding, don’t worry though, Robert won’t play any large part in the wedding battle.
Want more SS-Equestrian politics, or should I just glaze over them like I did here?
Any other desires before the big war?


Thewookie1