• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 3,911 Views, 95 Comments

Operation Iron Hoof - thewookie1



Equestria has faced many enemies, but none as evil as this. HiE, war

  • ...
18
 95
 3,911

A Sandy Start

To make this story easier to read, all German will just be written in English. My Little Pony is property of Hasbro Inc.

May 1941: Tobruk area, Italian Colonial Libya

"Sir, we've got enemy movement!" yelled a German soldier hiding behind a small sand dune.

"Hmmm" A man just shorter than six foot with an officer's cap raised his binoculars to the dust cloud approximately 3 km to the east. " Looks like the Tommies are sending us some more targets" said the man.

"Finally something to kill!" yelled another soldier from the officer's left.

"Krause, radio headquarters. Tell them there's movement near Fort Capuzzo; tanks and APCs from what I can tell!" yelled the officer who then gave a cough from his dry mouth.

"Yes sir!" said the radio operator as he saluted and then ran to his radio to send the message.

The officer then paced the area in which his men were stationed and looked again to the enemy in the east and sighed. " Men, get your food out and begin eating! We don't want to fight Tommy on an empty stomach do we?" yelled the officer as he held up a small metal cup.

"No, sir!" yelled the men in unison and then they all began rustling their bags and went to sit on the Panzers or ruins of the Fort to the rear of the position.

"Leutnant Johansson, the Generalleutnant would like to speak with you!" yelled Krause from a makeshift table behind an old column.

"Alright, I'll be right there!" yelled the officer as he climbed over the short wall in front of him. I wonder why Rommel himself wants to speak with me? What did my Dad tell him now....

"Here he is sir." said the radio operator.

"Leutnant Robert Johansson reporting in sir!" the officer said into the radio as he gave a salute, since it was second nature.

"At ease Leutnant. So they are moving again you said." a voice said over the radio.

"Yes sir, the British armor is moving around again and I don't hear any Stukas." replied Robert.

"Alright, its likely just routine movements to keep us unbalanced; but keep on your toes." the radio responded again.

"Yes sir!" Robert replied again.

"But knowing your father, you'll be ready for anything." the radio commented.

"Yes sir, my father taught me well sir." Robert said as he began thinking of his family back in Hamburg.

"Report in anything new that arises, your dismissed Robert." the radio said and then static was heard.

Hours upon hours went by with only the occasional puff of sand in the distance and the night went by just as uneventful. But the next day would not be as calm by any respect......

Due to Leutnant Johansson fear that the British would attack at night, he stayed up throughout the night before finally going to bed at 08:00 hours. Sadly he would be awaken by the sound of shells dropping on their position.

BOOM!

Quickly he sprang out of his cot and grabbed his Luger and officer's cap and ran out of his tent to find utter chaos. One of the guards had likely fallen asleep allowing for the British armor to get just inside of firing distance and were now raining HE rounds all over the ruins. Robert quickly grabbed a pair of binoculars from the table near him and peered over the horizon. What he saw were at least seven British tanks and what appeared to be ten fully manned Bren carriers heading at them at a high speed. Four of the tanks also appeared to be following in tow while the others hull downed.

"Krause, radio HQ, tell them we are under heavy attack and that they used the dunes somehow to cover their tracks!" yelled Robert over to the radio table. "Take cover everyone, we have incoming!" he yelled to the men who began scrambling to anything that could be used as cover. "Light Panzers shoot those carriers with HE and 88 you kill the enemy tanks!

"Sir, we are being ordered to fallback to the other side of the pass!" yelled Krause from his table.

"What!" yelled Robert as he ran to the table which then exploded. "Dammit, Krause you still alive?" Scrambling through the ruins he found a hand and immediately tried to pull it out from under the light rubble. What he got wasn't what he had hoped as he pulled an arm from the rubble and then found the dead radio operator under the cleared space. "Dammit to hell! We're deaf and down a man already!" he yelled to the sky. "Panzers we have a change of orders; you are to fallback to the positions behind the pass. We'll cover you and then join you! Go!"

The engines of tanks and a captured Bren carrier revved up as the 88 began folding into its mobile position.

"Men we need to cover the Panzer's tactical withdrawal and then join them!" yelled Robert over the sound of shells dropping everywhere.

"We're always stuck covering those damned Italian's asses" one soldier remarked as he jumped behind a wall of bricks.

After four minutes the enemy charged into the forts outer territory in one valiant charge which almost seemed immune to rounds. The soldiers on the outer most areas began being shot down as they fought or attempted to retreat.

"You five with me! The rest of you begin falling back!" yelled Rob as he pointed Krause's former rifle at the enemy Bren Carrier and shot the MG gunner through the skull. "Move!"

As many soldiers fell back Robert and five of his soldiers held up in a former barracks using the windows to shoot from.

"We disabled one sir!" one of the five name Shultz yelled.

"Don't get cocky Heinrich!" yelled the soldier next to him.

"Alright we delayed them long enough men, let's get the hell back to our lines!" yelled Robert as he held his rifle up in one hand while pointing to their left.

"Finally!" one of the soldiers commented as they began siphoning out the rear entrance to the building.

"F### its a Maty someone have a AT nade?" yelled Shultz as he ran just outside the building.

Robert quickly raised his rifle and dropped the Maltilda tank's commander and then charged it while holding a grenade. "Get the hell out of here, I'll catch up!" yelled Robert as he jumped a small stack of bricks.

The tank's turret began turning to the other men when Rob stuffed started unscrewing the granade's mechanism but it didn't loosen.

"F###, what hell is wrong with this grenade. Damn sand, dammit dammit!" yelled Robert from the rear of the tank as he fought with the grenade.

"Sir, hoping for a dramatic ending?" one of the soldiers commented sarcasticly as they ran trying to stay ahead of the barrel and MG.

"F### it!" Robert yelled finally givng up on trying to get his grenade to activate. He then noticed Shultz had tripped so he did the unthinkable and grabbed the butt of his rifle and pounded down on the MG on the turret which bent it due to the heat. Then he grabbed the grenade and stuffed it in the barrel of the gun and what was left of his officer's coat. "F### you, you damned Brits!" yelled Robert as he jumped in from of the tank and shot his pistol off the driver slit.

The tank's turret aimed and fired, then it all went dark.


Everfree Forest, Equestria

Deep in the former home of Celestia and Luna a light appears startling the bats which lived there. Suddenly three apples and a pencil come flying though. Then the light turns back off leaving the bats in utter chaos. Equestria had now been invaded by an otherworldly lunch.