• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 594 Views, 6 Comments

A Peek Into the Twisted Mind of "Me". - MrPancakeMan



I have dreamed of destroying worlds or more soever fixing them by destroying individual beings. So join my on my quest to solve what other authors have failed to do.

  • ...
8
 6
 594

Chapter Five: Pitchforks and Torches and Angry Mobs, Oh My!

Chapter Five: Pitchforks and Torches and Angry Mobs, Oh My!

After a good forty five minutes of juggling the foals and what have you, It was finally time for class to divert back into the building. I took this opportunity to take my leave from the schoolhouse. As I walked back to the farmhouse I thought of the shocked and disbelieving reactions of parents across the town, and how they may react if I showed my face. Maybe if I should or shouldn't. For now, that would be up to the future.

It was a good half an hour trek back to the farmhouse, but when I made it there I payed no mind to the residents and went straight up to "my" room to think. A good five to ten minutes should suffice. Think about what you may ask? Why my plans for this world. A foreign presence in an entirely different dimension is sure to cause alterations to such things as resident behavior and overall stability. It would be perfect.

I may have been only 14 but I had a very exploratory mind and I look to exploit that fact. See how I can push and pull, bend and break in this world. I was new. To both it and myself. Possibilities that hadn't been thunk of as of yet were entirely possible and plausible in thought, and paper.

It was again during my thinking that I heard a voice. One not much like my own in purpose and form. "You are like me. A mistake in this world. Free me and we shall break this world and others" I immediately shook the voice, but placed it's words in consideration.

Not long later, the family was gathered in the kitchen and were all prepared to eat. But tonight I had no lust for fruit. I waned for more. Yet I knew I couldn't have it. Not yet. I sat and downed what was put in front of me like the obedient dog I am. Surprisingly, no one spoke up except for idle conversation involving Applejack and Applebloom. It involved mostly Applejack asking Applebloom about her day. Poking at the subjects involving me. Skeptic bastard. She was right to be paranoid though. Having one of the most unknown creatures to herself, squatting and dining in her household.

After dinner, I thought I would retire early. At least make them think that. It was about nine o' clock that I used my sneaking to get myself out of the window. A quick plop into the bushes and I was away towards Ponyville. I needed to relieve alot of stress. And so I planned to.

Off towards the dimly lit society, where the night life was slowly beginning to pick up. The perfect opportunity. I slunk through any crevasse I could fit myself through until I was there. The Ponyville Nighttime Poetics Club. Stress died here by a righteous golden glaive.

With no subtlety, for I was merely trying to hide from anyone unlike me, I put my foot to the door and forced it open with the pistons in my new legs. To be blunt, the ponies were shocked, curious, and only very few... fearful. These were my people. Those who live their self torment through the pain of thought.

I walked up to the counter and said bluntly to the stallion behind it; "Put me down for Gary Jules': Mad World. I took my seat and waited as the stares continued. The performances were quite a bit more shaky, most likely due to my lounging form and overall presence. And then I was called. I walked up upon the stage, heightened the microphone as high as I could, and then the music started.

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere
Going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles, it's a very, very...
Mad world...
Mad world...
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday
Happy birthday
When they feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen
Sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me
No one knew me
Hello teacher, tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me
Look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles, it's a very, very...
Mad world...
Mad world...
Enlarge your world...
Mad world...

When the song had finished, me not caring where the mysteriously accurate music came from, the entire room was filled to the brim with tears. Not of judgement, but of truth. The one thing off that I noticed was that the booth manager was looking awfully guilty as he cried. His pupils shrunk as he noticed that I was staring at him. "I know what you have done already. It was not in vein for I will agree that I am not the most pleasant creature you could see on such an incredulous occasion." My tears continued to stream. "I am sorry for anything I have done to wrong you, and I will take my leave now." And with that I walked off stage and towards the door. No one said anything, yet they just kept on weeping.

I walked out the doors to face my possible, yet not so imminent fate. An angry, dark looking compilation of townsfolk holding pitchforks and torches, bearing angry faces. Seeing the building full of crying teenagers and young adults didn't help much. Neither did my height and damned new appendages. So I did all I could. I ran, ran with all the power in my legs and using the pistons for extra push. I went straight for the barn and must say, how cliche.

Author's Note:

Yay! Early chapter considering my usual timing. Also for the first song used in the story. Thank you all for your small yet powerful amounts of support towards this story. Hope ya all can figure out where this story is going, but I'll never tell.