• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 591 Views, 6 Comments

A Peek Into the Twisted Mind of "Me". - MrPancakeMan



I have dreamed of destroying worlds or more soever fixing them by destroying individual beings. So join my on my quest to solve what other authors have failed to do.

  • ...
8
 6
 591

Chapter Eleven: I'll Give You a Reason.

Chapter Eleven: I'll Give You a Reason.

I picked up the manticore, and lifted myself to my feet. It gave no protest as I carried it out of the cave and hobbled weakly back to the farmhouse. I opened the door and just stared blankly ahead through the doorway for a moment before stepping in and closing the door. Applejack was the first to spot me.

"What in tarnation happened to you? You look like you could have died! And why are you carrying a manticore!" She shouted frantically.

"A lot happened. I fought a creature from hell. Was demonized. Died. Revived. And finally found this guy in it's maw. Satisfied?"
I started towards the stairs.

"No, I'm not satisfied. You died? Revival spells aren't even possible!" She continued her rant. I did not want to put up with this.

"It was him. The voice in my head. If I focus too much on him, he threatens me. Makes me hurt myself and others. He made me kill that creature. Even as a corpse he moved me. I'm afraid. Just... I need to go. Don't follow me." I ran out the door and started into the ever free.

In here, the manticore seemed even more content than before. "Your natural habitat. I presume that's the logic behind this eh?" I was met with a blank stare from the cub. "Oh well, it was worth a try.". After about 10 minutes I came across something rather peculiar. A cabin. Nearly perfect. Residing within these woods. I landed and walked up to the door.

I set down he manticore, opened the door and entered the cabin. The cub followed and I noticed that this place was rather nice. Not much damage to the interior and, with a little refurbishing it could be quite a nice place. The cub meowed in what I guessed to be agreeance.

I rummaged around the building for a bit before finding a map and marking the cabin on it. "I think I need to go see the princesses about a few things. Whaddya' say eh... Hm, you don't have a name do you?" The manticore shook it's head in compliance. "Well, how about Brutus?" The cub nodded in agreement and purred loudly. "I guess that's a yes hm?" I picked up Brutus and walked out of the cabin.

I leapt into the air and began gliding towards Canterlot, Brutus on my back.

'Why do you think you have value? Why do you not give up? You have proven that you have little to no worth, what with all that sympathy.' The voice hissed in my head. "You want a reason? I'll give you a reason. I have a soul, and will." The voice began screaming in my head before disappearing. Within an hour, I arrived at canterlot castle.

---Throne Room---

Flying in through the window, not giving a shit like always. I landed in front of the princesses and spoke.

"I have two things to notify you of. One: As you may have noticed, clinging to my back is a manticore cub that I have named Brutus, and will be caring for. Two: I have located a cabin in the Everfree forest and am hoping to take residence there. I hoped that both of these things were acceptable by you two." Luna looked at me with a look that questioned every bit of my sanity. While Celestia stayed calm and collective as to be expected.

While Luna stayed quiet her sister spoke. "While it seems peculiar, I will allow you to keep your manticore. As long as you keep it from staying in major towns for too long. I can also agree upon the cabin, although I question how it got there. I will need Twilight to look into this...". She finished as I literally jumped for joy!

"Thank you, you won't regret this... I hope." Finishing my monologue, I dove out the window and made my way back to the cabin.

---The Cabin---

I landed on the foliated ground and began to focus on a slight noise. "Brutus, you hear that? It sounds like... Humming?" Brutus's ears twitched. I opened the door and the air was flooded with a loud groan. In front of me was a large blue portal. It proceeded to suck both me an Brutus in with no mercy. 'You have no reason. Only purpose. To serve me.' I blacked out.

Author's Note:

Well everyone, it's the end of the story. But with the stupid invention that is the cliffhanger sitting right there. You can be damn right there's a sequel on it's way. Imma start it now.