• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 594 Views, 6 Comments

A Peek Into the Twisted Mind of "Me". - MrPancakeMan



I have dreamed of destroying worlds or more soever fixing them by destroying individual beings. So join my on my quest to solve what other authors have failed to do.

  • ...
8
 6
 594

Chapter Nine: The True Monster...

Chapter Nine: The True Monster...

I awoke, screaming in agony from a nonexistent pain. Breathing heavily, I heaved myself to the window. I ripped off the drapes and broke through the shutters. I jumped out of the window and caught the gutters. I lifted myself unto the roof. I peered off towards the dormant town and screamed. I yelled, cursed, and even placed threats of death upon it's denizens. For what reason I did not know. I only knew that I was in pain.

---Morning---

I awoke again in my bed. I was in no pain, and had no idea how I had gotten here. I got up and walked to the oak door of my room, opening it. "Hello?" I shouted into the corridor.

"We're down here." Shouted applejack from below. "I'd like to talk to ya'. If that's alright."

"I'll be down in a moment... I need to see something." I said, walking into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and my fears were fueled. I was right. My eyes... I saw embers, still lasting from the previous night. I began to cry. I thought for it to help douse the dying flames in my eyes. The first tear fell and I yelled out in pain when it made contact with my arm. It burned my arm.

'Crying is for the weak' I heard a voice say within my mind.

"No! Get. Out. Of. My. Head God damn it!" I had fallen when the tear hit my arm. I began to beat myself to get the voice to go away.

'Foolish. That is what you are. Weak and foolish. You do nothing but damage yourself. Useless. Weak, Foolish, Useless. These are the traits that describe you.' The voice continued.

"No!" I screamed, beating myself harder. "Go away! Stop it!" I halted as I heard a gasp from the doorway. I looked over, through my bloodied vision. 'Applebloom. Dammit, why her.' She was crying as well. And looked upon me, horrified. I moved a shaky inch before she bolted for the stairs. I stared at the spot she was previously before passing out from blood loss.

---My Mind---

I was still out like a light, but still aware. Within my mind. I stood and saw a battered, broken, bloodied figure. It turned and lit ablaze. I knew who it was... me. It stared at me for what seemed like hours before turning to ash.

'Weak, Foolish, Useless.' I heard the words again. Though they were directly in my ear.

---Reality---

I awoke for the third time this day and noticed I was on the living room couch. My head heavily bandaged, as I could not see out of my right eye. I looked up to see the family. Applebloom was still crying, Applejack looked fearful, and Big Macintosh looked the same as his sister; albeit with a hint of rage. "I'm sorry." I said as I got up and ran out of the house, making myself airborne and flying towards Ponyville.

Minutes later, a pony with a rainbow mane and tail began hovering next to me. Glaring at me. She suddenly attempted to ram me but I threw her out of the way. I landed and began to run as fast as I could. 'They are attacking me without cause. Why?' I thought to myself.

'Weak, Foolish, Useless, Fearful' The voice said again. But I kept running. I stopped within a cave near the edge of the Everfree. I began hearing the voice in my head again. "What do you want?" I asked.

'I have a task for you. Somewhere close by, there is a beast that could easily stare you down and kill you. Your job is to get rid of it. And you have no choice. Look behind you.' I did as the voice said and saw a pure red beast with a maw the size of a car. It had brutish limbs. The forlegs that had blunt, muscular fronts; and razor sharp, hardened blades in the back. And the muscular legs designed for speed in the back. It had a tail that looked as if it was a skinned segment of the spinal cord with an arrowhead shaped point at the end. I noticed it's fangs were curved back when it roared at me and charged.

I jumped a small bit before before breaking a few of it's frontal teeth with my legs, grabbing it and throwing it to the wall of the cave. It was bruised but nowhere near death. I stood upon it's chest and said with a soul piercing glare, "I will take your thoughts away, and I will ignite your fears today. With my mind, and it's madness."

Madness

Author's Note:

Short chapter with a cliffhanger, yay! This will have a part 2 including a good fight and if any of you know what I referenced, do tell.