• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 594 Views, 6 Comments

A Peek Into the Twisted Mind of "Me". - MrPancakeMan



I have dreamed of destroying worlds or more soever fixing them by destroying individual beings. So join my on my quest to solve what other authors have failed to do.

  • ...
8
 6
 594

Chapter Three: Show and Tell. Almost too simple.

Chapter Three: Show and Tell. Almost too simple.

I awoke in the cold which was slowly integrating itself unto me. Today was going to be a long day and I could tell. I looked like Frankenstein had a child with Edward Scissorhands. Yes at this moment in time, I hadn't a care about that. Today was a day for introductions.

I trudged down the steps in my usual fashion to see the family gathered in the living room, staring at me whilst whispering among themselves. "Good morning Apples." I said in my stoic yes somewhat joyful tone. I took to the kitchen with a plan to mostly just sit down and think, but before I was even half way, Applejack spoke up. "We've been talkin', and today is show an' tell at Applebloom's schoolhouse. She was wonderin' if you would be kind enough to go as her and be her show and tell project?"

I contemplated this for a moment. On one hand I would be able to introduce myself to the rest of the children in this town. On the other hand, it would be as if I was some sort of pet. On the other, other hand I may be able to inoculate information of humans into the schooling system. On the other, other, other hand; I may scare the children... Oh well, I'm going. "Of course. What sort of persona would I be displaying if I didn't go?" That's when I made a bit of a mistake, for to this day, I do believe that they thought the jaw was some sort of shameful device or something instead of a machine to rend flesh. I smiled past the jaws. They saw my canines and my in particular snaggletooth... just like him... just. like. him.

It seemed to scare them, until I explained the further details of my world. How there are vegans, most humans have no consideration over the creatures, and the reason to that being how none of them are sentient and able to properly think outside their obedient boundaries.

This was odd to them, but when my expression turned to guilt they all gave me the okay. Later that day I would proceed unto the school, meet Appleblooms friends, be presented, and teach a certain bully some manners.

Applebloom later returned home from fetching her friends before school, who while we talked I learned are Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. They were waiting outside when Applebloom came into the house. "Okay, my friends are outside and ah' told em' not to be afraid when you come out. They're nice an' all but not too brave, so if you could not be so scary that'd be nice." I cocked my eyebrow at this statement but proceeded with as much of a smile I could muster. Which wasn't much, being the monstrosity I currently was and still am. But as the door opened. I got two different reactions, only half of each I was expecting.

As the door swung open and the two fillies screamed, I had begun using most of my vocabulary again so that I may be able to label a foal as male or female, nonetheless they screamed. When they both finished, the orange one, a Pegasus as I had learnt, had a look of both fear and curiosity on her face, whilst the white one, a unicorn, had a look of fear and disgust. For what at that moment, I did not know.

The orange one was the first to speak up, and to be blunt... what she said actually scared and hurt me, yet I have no idea why. "Applebloom... that. is. the coolest thing ever! Where did you find it?" She spoke as if I was something less than nothing and yet more than everything. It was then that I spoke and sadly, furthered her curiosity. I also saw her staring at my custom appendages. "Indeed. My appearance has seemed to trigger intrigue in many of the organisms I have found in my new surroundings. And not to stagger your mind, what I said means that people have seemed to note me as something special. Also, she didn't find me. i found her, or more so her older male sibling. Her big brother to stunt my rant."

It was then that her face tore into amazement. "It. can. TALK?! Oh my gosh! What to say, what to say? Oh! I've got it. i have a question... what are those and why are you wearing them?" She gestured to my limbs and jaw. I let out a small sob and then answered the question as best as I could. Which may have been too good. "They aren't anything. Merely artificial replacements for what I had misplaced not too long ago. Never as menacing as they are now, and not constructed of dark iron. They were merely odd and formed from flesh and bone. Same for my jaw. But to answer your question, they are hands and feet, or in this case, vambraces and greaves." She seemed to get the picture. Next to pipe up was the white one.

"Eeew! It's ugly!" Again, what's with everyone forgetting I'm sentient, and have armored limbs and jaw made ow what could only be described as dark iron cleavers. I knelt down so that I was eye level with her, which had me craning my neck downward even knelt. "I am sentient you know. I have a complicated thought process just like you and can take into valued consideration, what you just said. I know I don't look anything like you, but that doesn't make me ugly. Say, would you call a beautiful flower wilting withing the desert, ugly? No? That's what I thought." Much per the usual, she was confused by this, but it wasn't her I was meant to deal with today. It was Applebloom.

About 20 minutes later, we had reached the schoolhouse where I waited a good distance away for everybody to crowd inside. Then the girls went in, as I had told Applebloom to whistle once I should come in and she took it well. As a sort of performed entrance. It was 10 minutes later, plus another 5 that Applebloom was up. She whistled and I galumphed my way into the schoolhouse, and was met with gasps instead of screams. "Applebloom, eh, who is your friend?" This time, the Equine who spoke was pinkish and had a sweet but cautious tone of voice. "I can answer that for myself teacher." I said as I picked up a piece of chalk.

I instead of writing my name, wrote down a vague description of myself: an I.D.P. or inter-dimensional psychonaut. A jumper of time and space, an adventurer of thought and the mind. I am and am not. I am both darkness and luminescence. I am a shade of gray. In basic description, I am more than and less than a Human, which are. And that is my description of myself.

Author's Note:

I hope whoever reads this is enjoying it. Please give me feedback on how my story line is and how I may improve it or what I'm doing wrong. And as per usual, thank you for your time.