• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 947 Views, 34 Comments

Something New - VilkaTheWolf



Rainbow Dash tries to make another Pinkie but what she gets will change her life forever...

  • ...
9
 34
 947

School

“Taller?” Dash questioned, “Just taller? You don’t feel nauseas, or an increase in your-“

“You know whatever you’re saying I’m not understanding a word of it.” Lightning interrupted.

“That didn’t make any sense Lightning.” Dash said with a touch of concern, “Maybe going to school will be good for you, it’ll improve your speech.”

“There isn’t nothing wrong with my speaking.”

“Yeah. Now let’s get home, you got a big day tomorrow!”

“Kay!” Lightning said enthusiastically, then following his mother out of the facility, they flew straight home careful not to draw attention to themselves.


When they eventually got home the first thing Lightning did was trudge up the cloud stairs go into his room and slump down into his bed, fast asleep before he even hit the pillow. Dash let out a sigh, Lightning’s little ‘operation’ must’ve taken a lot out of him, she then too decided to hit the hay. They had a big day tomorrow, but mainly Lightning, school was tough after all.
As Dash lay in bed she thought back to when she was in Junior Flight Camp which was her school, the camp has now been disbanded. Her memories of Flight Camp were not overly fond ones, apart from getting her cutie mark. She hoped that Green Lightning didn’t get picked on at school, if he did…she was sure he could take care of it.


When Celestia’s sun arose and swapped places with the moon, Dash awoke immediately. She got out of bed and went down the hallway to Lightning’s room to find him…not there. Automatically she began to panic, she went downstairs quickly and all her panic disappeared. There he was sitting at the table with a mouthful of breakfast. Dash went up to him and ruffled his hair, which got him to groan in annoyance, “Mum! Stop it! My hair is perfectly fine the way it is!”
Dash was startled by the sudden outbreak and then smiled, “Well you got a big day today! So you better get ready.”
Lightning’s only response was “Uh-huh.”

As Dash and Lightning descended from Dash’s cloud house Dash was explaining to Lightning “You can’t let anypony know you’re my kid, kay?” Lightning nodded his agreement, “And don’t let anypony know you’re a robot. Might freak them out.”

“Um, okay. I just don’t feel good lying to everypony.”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to lie just don’t tell them everything.”

Lightning looked up at Dash unsurely, and asked "Can I say you're my cousin?"

Dash pondered on this...hmmmm...pondering. "Yeah that sounds alright, oh and if anypony gives you a hard time you either tell Miss Cherilee, or you turn your little flank around and walk away."

"Ummmm. Okay, but I dunno why somepony would not like me, I'm so lovable." Lightning said with a cheesy smile.

"Yeah, alright. Now get going you big boofhead! Ya gonna be late!"

******

Lightning flew as fast as he could towards the school house, which was accelerated by the nitrous oxide flowing into his ventilation, or at least...that's what his mother said. All he knew is that this stuff made him go fast!

When Lightning made it to the school house there stood a dark pink mare, with a curly light pink and white mane and tail. "Why hello there." She said looking down at Lightning.

"Uh, hi. Is this school?"

"Why yes it is, is this your first day?" Lightning nodded his response, "Well come on in and introduce yourself. Oh silly me I forgot to ask for your name dear."

"Ah...it's Green Lightning." He said.

"What a lovely name, come on in then." Lightning followed Cherilee into the school house and saw a class full of other colts and fillies, in the front row he saw three fillies that must've of been those Cutie-Mark Crusaders mum was talking about. He then realised that Cherilee was introducing him to everypony, "Well class, I want everypony to give a warm welcome to our newest classmate Green Lightning."

He then felt the stares of the whole class beating down on him, "Uh...hello?" he then took an empty seat next to a small orange pegasus with small wings, and purple mane and tail. He started thinking to himself 'why'd I have to sit next to a girl...I can't talk to girls, I don't know how to deal with this!'

"Hi, I'm Scootaloo!"

'AAAAHHH!!! She's speaking to me! What do I do! Talk to her! Wha I can't do that! Just say something, say hi, nice to meet you? Uh okay I will.' When Lightning recovered from his argument with...himself? he turned to Scootaloo and said "Um, yeah hi! I'm...uh, Green Lightning!" smiling weakly.

Scootaloo then noticed his lack of a cutie-mark and suggested "Hey! You don't have a cutie-mark either?"

"Uh. No. I guess I don't."

"Aren't you worried about being teased about it?"

"I don't really care. If somepony says something about it to me I'll just ignore them." Lightning said shifting his gaze ever so slightly.

"Oh wow!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"Now anyway! You can talk after class." Interrupted Cherilee, emitting a few giggles from the other kids, a smile from Scootaloo, and Lightning's blushing face. Lightning quickly turned away so nopony could see his face.

After class and during break Scootaloo met up with the rest of the CMC and told them about Green Lightning's lack of a cutie-mark, and they agreed that he had to complete the inanition task.

"When he talked to me...it was like didn't know how to." Scootaloo explained to the others.

"Maybe he's shy and doesn't know how to talk to girls?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Really!? Oh my Gosh, that's so cute!" Scootaloo squeed.

"Hey Scoots, Ya should go talk to 'im." Said Apple Bloom.

"Really? Why?" Scootaloo asked.

"Because he Likes you!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

Scootloo blushed a little at her comment which she instantly regretted doing because right beside her Sweetie Belle gasped and leaned in closer and said "You like him too!?" raising an eyebrow...or at least trying to.

"WHAT!?" Scoots said weakly trying to defend herself from having to answer to her friends.

Lightning was walking around the schoolyard when he heard a loud "WHAT!?" and it sounded like Scootaloo! 'quick dude hurry, save the damsel in distress! No, no, no! I don't know how to deal with something like this. Just go, and if she doesn't need your help then whatever! Okay then!'

Lightning went to the source of the yell to find Scootaloo cowering before two other fillies, one; a white unicorn with the same hairstyle and colour as Cherilee, and the other was yellow with a red mane and tail, she had a pink bow in her mane too.

Lightning went to step in front of them and said shakily "Um, don't...stop...leave Scootaloo alone..." he then realised who he was talking to. "Ah, girls!" he said and then quickly jumped into the nearest bush.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked at each and then simultaneously burst into laughter, which made the bush whimper, they stopped laughing. It wasn't the bush that was whimpering and now sobbing it was Lightning. Scootaloo picked herself up off the ground and made her way over to the crying bush.

Scoots made her way around the bush to see Lightning clutching his back legs with his forelegs and slightly rocking back and forth, sobbing with intervals to breathe. Scootaloo put her hoof on his shoulder which made him flinch, he slowly looked up with tears blurring his vision into the smiling face of Scootaloo. "What's wrong? Why were you crying?" she asked.

Lightning started to open up a little "Well...well, those t-two were laughing at me, and I...I didn't know how t-to deal with that." He managed to say.

"Shhh... it's okay." Scootaloo said hugging Lightning, and shooting Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle a venomous glare, which made them run away. "So Lightning," hearing his name he lifted his head up to Scootaloo, "Wanna join the Cutie-Mark Crusaders!?"

Author's Note:

Hey!!

Sorry for the long delay; I've had writer's block, and then my laptop got taken away for screen repairs and I only got it back a couple of days ago!

This chapter with Lightning at school and not being able to talk to girls is kinda based on my own personal experiences...especially when girls call me cute -.-' i don't like it!

Well, hope you enjoy...