• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 947 Views, 34 Comments

Something New - VilkaTheWolf



Rainbow Dash tries to make another Pinkie but what she gets will change her life forever...

  • ...
9
 34
 947

The Update

Lightning was awoken from his mother yelling in ears "Get up! Get up! Get up!" He looked at her face and then buried his face in his pillow and said something that was muffled from the pillow. "I'm sorry what was that?" Dash asked sarcastically.

Lightning turned his head to the side and said "Five more minutes?" less muffled.

"Ha, Ha! Nope! Come on! I'm gonna teach you to fly!" at hearing this news Lightning jumped out of bed and started jumped all around the room asking when they were to get started. Dash looked at Lightning's green eyes and saw the determination in his eyes and was reminded of her eyes.

Outside, Dash was instructing Lightning to fly "just flap your wings, start off slowly then build up until you're in the air."
Lightning nodded once and then flapped his wings as Dash had instructed, getting faster and faster until he was in the air doing flips and barrel rolls, he looked down at his mother and yelled "Hey Mum up here! Come on, I'll race ya!"

Dash didn't have to be asked twice, she bolted up to him "You're on squirt!"

They raced around Ponyville, through clouds and over mountains they raced so much until Dash couldn't go any more. Lightning on the other hand wouldn't stop. He was so full of energy. When he noticed Dash laying on the ground however, he went up to her and poked her face only to be met by a grunt from her. "Uh...Mum, ya right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine buddy...just a little," she stopped to catch her breath, "exhausted, maybe we should head home."

"What!? Head home? But why can't we loo-"

They were interrupted by a surprised gasp, they looked over to see Rarity looking at them mouth agape, "Did Lightning just talk!?" she said, obviously confused.

"Uh...no!" Dash quickly snapped back.

"Yes he did! He just spoke to you! Explain yourself now!" Rarity said, after recovering from Dash's small outburst.

"Uh, Mum said it was because I learn fast or something, I'm just really smart!" he said with a cheesy smile.

Rarity then took Rainbow Dash aside and whispered "He shouldn't be learning this fast, it's not normal. Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake can't talk yet and then how is it tha-"

"You guys do know that I can hear you!" Lightning interrupted.

Dash chuckled slightly at this, his enhanced hearing was also one of the good things that came with being a...robot. Smile quickly fading, Dash realised that eventually she had to tell him, and if he would accept it.

"Uh, anyway... it's getting late and Lightning here is getting tired," right on cue Lightning let out a long yawn and rubbed his eyes, "so we'll see ya later Rarity."

Then Lightning and Dash sped off together racing for home laughing to themselves. When they arrived home late that night, Dash decided now and then that she would tell Lightning the truth, "Uh, umm... Lightning I have something to tell you."

Lightning at hearing this went and sat down on the cloud couch, Dash came and sat next to him, "You may of been made..." Dash hoping that that was good enough looked at Lightning's blank expression and continued, "your a...robot." she said trying to hold back tears but failing.

Dash was surprised when Lightning said "I know. I just wanted to hear it from you, and I still love you either way, cos your my mummy." he then leapt up and hugged Dash's neck, and Dash hugged him back, "But do I still need to go to school?"

"Nah! I wouldn't do that to you" Lightning head drooped at her response, "or ya know...unless you want to"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Lightning yelled excitingly, jumping all around Dash. He then stopped and looked up at her and said "Will I still grow?"

"I'm not sure, if there's no change in your body structure then I'll add some Turbo-Ionic infusers to increase yo-"

"Hey mum, I may be smart and all, but you're not making any sense."

Dash just smiled, "You'll have to wait a while first before going into school." Which was met by an 'awwww' from the little green pegasus. "I'm sorry dude, but foals don't usually attend school"

"Then use your infusing tool thing-a-ma-jiggy!"

Dash sighed, "Kid, I don't know what they'll do to ya!"

"Pleeeeeease!!!???" Lightning looked at her with those green puppy eyes.

"Fine." Dash said hesitantly.

----------

A couple of hours later Dash and Lightning had made it to the Cloudsdale Weather Corperation, it was quiet...too quiet, the place was completely deserted, it made Lightning stay closer to Dash, who was treading more carefully than usual, "The
testing chamber should be just up ahead." Rainbow said breaking the silence.

"O-okay..." Lightning nervously replied.

They walked for about five more minutes where they came across a door that had in big bold letters 'TESTING FACILITY' as Dash went through the door, Lightning slowly and cautiously followed. "So Lightning, you could say...you were born here." Dash said unemotionally, this place brought back bad memories.

She then walked up to a stainless steel table and motioned for Lightning to get on it, who did as instructed. Walking over to a small cupboard she opened it and pulled out what Lightning presumed to be the 'Turbo-Ionic infusers' they looked like big metal cylinders with some sort of green goo inside them, Dash then started explaining things, but Lightning wasn't listening he was too busy looking around the room.

"...and these infusers have unicorn magic to power them so I don't know what'll happen when it's injected into your main power carbon." Dash then paused, looked at Lightning and said "You ready?"

Lightning nodded and felt the table being lifted upwards, Dash then plugged some cords into the infusers and stood back.
Lightning felt something closing around his legs and something secure his muzzle in place "Uh, Mum...what's happening?"

"Just try to relax, should be over soon, if you try to struggle...bad stuff could happen."

"Um, okay."

Lightning then felt an extreme burning sensation in his chest, he tried looking down but was restricted from the restraint on his muzzle keeping his head down. Now relaxed, the pain was starting to disappear, and he could feel his prosthetic muscles moving and growing within him. He could feel his muzzle growing out, his legs expanding and stretching, he even noticed small minuscule changes like slight change in eye colour; going from light green to a slightly darker shade.
As the table started descending the restraints keeping him in place started loosening, Lightning then just moved slightly and they came off properly. Dash ran over to Lightning once the table was all the way down, "How do you feel?" she asked with a worried expression.

"Taller." Was his response.

Author's Note:

I tried to expand this chapter a little...and I also had a terrible case of Writer's Block which had to be the Worst. Possible. Thing! Hope you liked it!