• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 673 Views, 8 Comments

The Guardians of Harmony - The Jet



The main 6 now bear the elements. The princess wishes to see them protected from harm, and still have somewhat normal lives. She calls forth the guardians to protect them from evil. Who better to be the guardians the, their older brothers.

  • ...
 8
 673

The Beginning

The princess returned to the castle room somewhat worried about what would unfold from her student and her friends becoming the new elements. As happy as she was to have her sister back from her banishment and the clutches of the nightmare, there were more important things to take care of before she could rest. She thought to herself what would be necessary to maintain harmony.


As the element wielders they would have their friendship tested to the extreme multiple times and their safety no longer secured. This obviously would have to happen as little as possible so that they could remain happy and unharmed. To make sure they lived a happy and normal life some pony would have to give up theirs to protect them. Guardians if you will.
For it to be assured that they will be safe it must be some pony close to them, family would be the best decision for reasons that are easily seen.

“Heat wave.” She exclaimed getting the attention of her door guard.

“Yes ma’am?” He said walking in.

“Find me the ponies with the closest biological relations to the new elements as possible, a sibling perhaps and bring them to me.”

“Isn’t one the elements brothers a captain in the guard princess?”

“Ah, yes. Shining Armor, send him to me with them as soon as possible. You are dismissed.” She said walking to a table in the corner of the room with a map of Equestria drawn out on a dusty piece of parchment with edges that had curled with age.

“I can only hope we find them fast enough.” She said looking over the yellowed page. “Be sure to check every city in Equestria. There has to be a relative for all the elements. I know they all have one.”

“Yes ma’am, we will try everything we can.” Said Heat wave as he left the princess’s chamber.

“Where could I possibly find someone closely related to the elements?” Said Heat wave. “I bet Shining Armor would know what
to do.” Heat wave then took off in a dead run to find Shining Armor.

He arrived at the guard barracks. He burst through the door out of breath and panting. “I need to speak with captain Shining Armor. This is very important.”

All the guards stared at him for a minute then one of them spoke up. “He is in his private quarters for the night.”

“Thank you guardsman this is very important.”
Again he ran across the castle grounds trying to find Shining Armor. He ran up to the captain’s door and knocked franticly.

“Heat Wave what could possibly be so important that you have to wake me up this late at night.” Said a rather tired Shining armor.

“The princess needs your help with something very important. As you know your sister and her friends are now the elements of harmony."

"Yes, what does that matter?

"Well you are going to help protect them from harm. We need your help finding the other five as well."

"You know I’m pretty sure you can find the families of her friends in the records in the castle."

"Please come with us as we go rally them up."

"Fine, I’ll go with you only because I want to protect twilight.”

The two of them made their way to the records hall of the castle.

“Ok, we need to find ponyville family history.” Said Shining Armor as he went to the nearest shelf.

They both searched low and high in the shelves to find the records.

“I found it over here captain.” Said heat wave.

“Ok, let me see here” said Shining Armor.

“I need to find the family of fluttershy first. Ok, it says here she originally came from Cloudsdale. She lived with her parents, and has a long lost brother who has been missing since before she was born. We need to find him and bring him back.”

“Next we have Applejack. She lives at sweet apple acres with her grandmother granny smith, little sister applebloom, and older brother Big Mac. We need to find Big Mac as well.”

“Now we have the family of Rarity. She has her parents, her little sister sweetiebelle, and an older brother named Boutonnière. It says her brother owns a pottery store in Trottingham. We will need him to.”

“Next we have the family of PinkiePie. Her real family died in a fire. Only her and her brother Sugar Rush survived. They were separated at adoption. It says he lives in Manehatten, and he owns a club. He will be needed as well.”

“Finally we have the family of Rainbow Dash. It doesn’t say much about her family. It says she is from Cloudsdale, of course. She apparently has a brother named Bolt that lives Los Pegasus. We’ll need to get him to.”

“All right Heat Wave we have all our information we need. Send some guards to all these locations. Tell them not to return unless they have the brothers with them. You are dismissed soldier.”

“Yes, Sir Captain Shining Armor.” Heat Wave said with a solute.
Then he went to the guard barracks, and told a group of guards what the plan was. With a solute the guards left from Canterlot in search of the guardians.

Some earth pony guards went to ponyville in search of Big Mac. The time was a little late in that area. The guards immediately went to Sweet Apple Acres. They knew that Applejack would still be out with her new friends. They knew this job was important and that she couldn’t know about it. They then stepped up to the door and knocked quietly. To their surprise a huge red pony answered the door.

“Eeyup, is there a problem guards.” Big Mac said in a nervous voice.

“The Princess has demanded your company in Canterlot immediately. This very important, and it involves your sister. So will you come with us Big Mac?”

“I guess I have no other choice but to come with you do I?”

“Just come with us and we will explain on the way. You don’t need to pack anything you will be back before dawn.”

“Fine, I have no choice so I guess I will go with you to Canterlot.”

“Right this way then sir. We must make hast to the castle.” The guards said urging Big Mac out the door. “I wonder how the search for the others is going.”

Meanwhile some other guards were searching for the missing pegasus Phoenix. They asked around Hoofington about his disappearance, but the only clue they got was that he was living in the Everfree Forest. So the guards went to the forest in search of him. The forest was rather scary in the dark, but they had to push forward to find him. They can’t return to the princess without him. The further in the forest they went the scarier it got. Then they came upon something unusual to them. It was a phoenix nest sitting on a branch hanging over a cave.

“Am I the only one here can smell smoke?” One of the guards said in a semi-panicked tone.

“No, I smell it to; but it is probably just the nest up there. Do you think we should check that cave and see if he is in there? Cause honestly I don’t want to go in there.”

“Remember we can’t return without him, so I guess we must search the cave. Just don’t think of what could be in there and we will be fine.”
The guards slowly stepped into the cave. They kept their wits about them as they crept farther into the cave.

“Are you sure he is even in here, or even still alive. I know that sounds bad, but we aren’t getting anywhere in this search.”

“Can I help you all with something?” Said a tall maroon pegasus in a confused tone.

“WHA, where did you come from?!” said the startled guards at the same time.

“I live here with the phoenixes. So the real question is where did you come from?”

“Are you phoenix the older brother of fluttershy?”

“Yeah I am phoenix, but I don’t know about any sister. I was raised by phoenixes my whole life.”

“Well, you’re needed by the princess. We aren’t leaving without you accompanying us.” One of the guards said with a firm voice.

“Well, I don’t have anything better to do, and I am curious about my past. So I guess I’ll go with you.” He said being very strangely cooperative.

“Well that was easy.” One guard said to the other.
The guards followed him to the exit of the cave. They were relived to get out of that cave.

“Don’t worry sir you may be back before dawn. This is very urgent and we don’t want to keep the princess waiting.”

“All right then, what are we waiting for friends lets go.” Phoenix said as he spread his wings and started to fly off.

“Hey wait for us. I hope the others are doing well in their searches.” One of the guards said as they started to run.

A group of pegasus guards were headed to Trottingham to find Boutonnière. That shouldn’t be too hard considering they know where to find him. The guards arrived at Trottingham to find him. They walked up to his door and knocked rapidly.

“What, What, what could you possible want at this late hour.” a steel gray British unicorn said angrily as he answered his door. “Oh, pardon me I didn’t know I would be getting a visit from the royal guard! Please do come in, I insist.”

“That won’t be necessary sir; we just require your accompaniment with the princess.”

“Uhhh, why would the princess want to see me; I’m just a pottery teacher. She would probably want to see my sister she is more famous than I am.”

“This isn’t about fame sir; the princess requested your presence at the castle in Canterlot. In fact it is about your sister rarity.”

“Oh my, what kind of trouble has my sister gotten into this time?” Boutonnière said in a rather sarcastic tone. “Ok, I guess I can come with you gentlemen. How long do suspect we will be gone.”

“You should be back before dawn sir; so don’t worry about packing anything.”

“Alright then lead the way my good sirs.”
With that the guards lead the unicorn to a chariot they brought. They hooked themselves in and took off into the night sky.

“Just asking, why was my presence requested at the castle.” Boutonnière yelled towards the guards.
“That’s hard to explain sir; just sit back and relax we will be there in no time.”

Meanwhile some other guards were on their way to Manehatten. Their objective was to find Sugar Rush; the older brother of Pinkie pie. He shouldn’t be hard to find since he owns a club in this city. They ask around town where to find the club. It wasn’t hard because everyone knew where to find “The Sugar Sack.” The guards thought that an odd name for a club, but they decided not say anything. They walked through the huge city and eventually found the night club. They walked in surprised not to find a bouncer at the door. This was not a strip club like they suspected it to be. It was more of a huge dance party club. They literally took two steps forward and were greeted by a pure white earth pony with a bright yellow mane and tail.

“Hey there guards people; what could I do for you on this fine night.” The pony they knew was sugar rush said very excitedly. “Surely I’m not getting arrested for something am I?”

“Don’t worry sir; we aren’t arresting you we just need you to come with us. You’re not in trouble; the princess would like to speak with you about your sister Pinkie Pie.”

“Wait, I have a sister named Pinkie Pie. I was told I was an only child. Unless she is my blood sister, from my real family. That is amazing I want to meet this girl where does she live.”

“That is not for us to say; that is the princess’s decision. So will you come with us to Canterlot to meet her?”

“Coo coo cachoo yeah I’ll come with you. When will we return?”

“Before dawn; can I ask what you just said to me?” The very confused guard said to Sugar Rush.

“Oh, don’t worry about it; it is pretty much my catch phrase. We should go ahead and leave shouldn’t we?”

“Yes, let’s go ahead and leave the princess is waiting.”

“OK, hold on guys I need to put someone in charge. HEY, Party Hat you’re in charge until I get back.” The pony yelled to another pony that was behind the bar.

“Got it boss; you can count on me to keep it right in here.” He said as he ran and gave Sugar Rush a Bro Hoof.

“Ok, now we can head to the castle.”

They lead him outside to a chariot they brought. They hooked up and took off into the sky. The city at night looked amazing in the sky. Sugar Rush had a huge smile on his face staring at the lights. “Wow, this amazing, but I bet Canterlot looks a whole lot better.”

“Whatever you say sir, try not to fall off in your excitement.”

“Ok, I’ll be sure to put that into consideration next time.” Those weren’t the last words he said on the ride. He pretty much never stopped talking.

The last group of guards was headed to Los Pegasus to find the Pegasus Bolt. They ask the people around the city, but they were no help at all. So they asked a guard if they knew where to find him, and he knew exactly where to find. The guard led them to the Los Pegasus city prison.

“This is where you will find the scum named Bolt. He is a pretty frequent inmate here. Just go in and tell the pony at the desk that you’re looking for him.”

“Thank you guardsmen I’ll put in a good note for you with the princess.” One of the royal Guards said as they walked into the prison.
It looked like any other prison in there nothing special about it. They walked up to the front desk and asked the pony if they could see Bolt.

“Why would you possibly want to see him? Did he tick off the wrong pony this time? It must have been something bad to get the royal guards called on him.”

“This is royal business not concerning you. Just take us to see him now. The princess demands his presence in Canterlot.”

“Oh, why didn’t you say so; please come with me."

Then the pony led them down a hall of jail cells. They were filled with ponies that were either drunk or owed money from gambling. They stopped at a cell that had a navy blue Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane and tail. He was relaxing on his bed when the pony from the desk yelled at him.

“Hey Bolt you got some people here to see you.”

“Ahh, well I guess I have over gambled for my last time haven’t I. Seems like I am going to royal prison for life.”

“We aren’t here to take you to royal prison. The princess just wants to speak with about your sister.”

“Ok, you definitely have the wrong guy, because I don’t have a sister. I was raised here, as an only child, in Los Pegasus.”

“You have a sister named Rainbow Dash and Princess Celestia needs to talk to you about her. We aren’t leaving here without you with us.”

“What if I was to refuse your offer and stay here?”

“Yeah, this wasn’t an offer, it was a statement. The princess will pay off your bounty and let you live in the castle for the time being if you come.”

“Well, what a great offer. Sure I guess I’ll go with you guys. What ever gets me out of here.”
The guards unlocked the door and let bolt go free. The guards led him outside after paying off his bounty.

“Why is the princess concerned about my sister, and why am I needed?”

“The princess will explain everything when we get there it shouldn’t take too long.”

“Alright then what are we waiting for.” Bolt said as he took off into flight. “Then we are off to Canterlot castle.”

All the groups of guards arrived at the castle at about the same time. The five ponies they were looking for were nervous, excited, or confused to be at the castle. Heat Wave saw the ponies and ran to the princess’s quarters where Shining Armor was already speaking with her. He opened the door and told both the ponies inside.

“ They are here my princesses.”

Author's Note:

This is my first story i have ever written. If anyone has suggestions to help improve my story please do tell me.