• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 5,645 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria's Will of Fire - Borsuq



Will Equestria be able to turn the dreams of a certain shinobi into reality? Will he manage to free his heart from its shackles? Will he find... the Will of Fire?

  • ...
14
 85
 5,645

1. Who are you?

“Until he dies,” Black Zetsu said, attached to his dying body, “I’ll use Obito’s body to fight you. He’s been useless, moving behind Madara’s back. At least in the end I’ll make use of him.”

Obito listened to those words, unable to do anything but curse in his own mind. Just when he had decided to abandon his dream, the Eye of the Moon Plan, after being swayed by the words of Kakashi and their teacher, as well as Naruto’s will… He was about to use Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu to revive all those of the Shinobi Alliance that died today!

But his choice was taken away from him. Black Zetsu took over his body and forced him to use that technique on Madara. “I’ve been a fool,” he thought, feeling his life ebb away. “I should have known he would have some backup plan… Damn it…

He desperately tried to think of something, anything he could do. He was dying... Black Zetsu was controlling his body… Madara has been revived… What else was going on? Zetsu said something about Rinnegan…

A glimmer of hope appeared in his mind; Gedo Rinne had revived Madara from the point of his death, which meant he didn’t have his eyes. Obito wondered if it also meant that he was again a decrepit old man, but that would be hoping for too much.

He noticed that he was fighting, or rather; Black Zetsu was fighting using his body. Kakashi and Minato-sensei weren’t pulling their punches - why should they? He was as good as dead anyway…

Wait, something’s not right,” Obito thought suddenly. “I should be dead by now… even with Black Zetsu attached to my body, I shouldn’t have held on for more than a couple of minutes… why then…

Black Zetsu jumped back to dodge a kunai, and by doing so, he let Obito caught a glimpse of Shinju. Despite the Tailed Beasts all being ripped from him, the Tree remained. The original form of… Ten-Tails… Gedō Mazō... chakra… yin and yang…

A smile would have crossed his lips if he wasn’t so drained. There was something he could do. He was still connected to Gedō Mazō, the vessel of the Ten-Tails, and thanks to it still being in the process of reversing into the form of Heretic Statue, he still had time...


"Come on, you two!" Scootaloo called to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, who were trotting far behind her. "We need to find that flower!"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were deep within the Everfree Forest. Normally, ponies avoided this place, and they would get into a lot of trouble if anypony knew where they went. But this time, it was different. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were going to come to Ponyville for a visit, and the whole town was preparing for days to welcome them properly.

Yesterday, the three of them had cleaned up Twilight's library, due to losing a stupid bet with Spike. While Scootaloo originally thought that it’ll be an incredible drag, that’s until they were cleaning one of the books about flora and accidentally opened on a page about a 'Lunar Flower', a very pretty plant that grew only in the darkest caves of the Everfree Forest.

Scootaloo still remembered how Princess Luna helped her when she was plagued by nightmares, so she decided to go get few of those flowers and give them to her as a 'thank you’ gift. She also figured that maybe she and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders could earn their cutie marks in plant gathering, or something along those lines, so she recruited her friends for this quest. Taking advantage of the fact that everypony was busy with last minute's preparation, they ventured into the forest.

The only problem they had was that they only now managed to find a cave, and it was already past the time the Princesses were supposed to arrive.

"Come on!" she shouted once again after the two stumbling ponies.

"We're coming, okay?!" Sweetie Belle said, as she and Apple Bloom stopped in front the cave, panting.

"Why are we... huh... doin' this again?" Apple Bloom asked, wheezing.

"Because, A: that's a great gift for the Princess, and 2:.."

"You mean ‘B’, right?"

"... it's a great chance to earn our cutie marks." Scootaloo finished, glaring at the unicorn. "Now, Cutie Mark Crusaders Flower finders, let go!"

"Yay!" shouted the two other fillies, their enthusiasm renewed, and they all went into the cave.


It's not good to hide your wounds, you know. I'm looking after you.

“Rin?!” Obito called out, raising… and closing his eyes once the sun hit them, falling down back on the ground.

Covering his face, he wondered what happened. His plan worked; it must have. He wasn’t allowing any other thought to occupy his mind. He succeeded in removing the greatest threat to the shinobi world… unless somebody thought Madara to be the number one threat. That bastard was still alive, but it was okay.

Naruto… he will take care of him… he has Kakashi to help… and… everybody…

Those were his last thoughts before he passed away. That was all he remembered, along with the incredible pain his body was in; an unavoidable side-effect of his plan. Considering how much hurt and misery he must have caused over the years (and he himself had experienced), it was really nothing. He accepted the pain as he died… except that his body was still sore, so he was definitely alive.

Another side-effect,” he slowly came into a conclusion as he waited to regain his strength; the aftermath of having the Tailed Beasts’ chakra ripped from him still wasn’t behind him. “Reinforcing the connection to the Gedō Mazō must have revitalized my body… to a point. Guess I’m not going to die… might have a few years taken off my lifespan, though…

Obito wondered where he currently was. It was definitely not the battlefield where all of that had happened; there were blades of grass around him, and there was a tree nearby… why couldn’t he have woken up under it? Some shade would be nice… There was also a matter of this being day. Judging by how fatigued he felt, he couldn’t have been out for more than three hours… then again, he was supposed to be dead…

But what had beaten it all was the fact that he still had Madara’s Rinnegan in his left eye socket. If he was unconscious for so long, Madara would have Black Zetsu to take it back. If that didn’t happen, that meant that he either was dead - which Obito doubted would have happened so easily - or Obito was out of his reach.

The rebound… did it cause some sort of space-time technique? It must have…” he pondered, taking his right hand from his head and feeling strong enough to try and stand up-

Obito stared speechless at the appendage. What should be a hand of an artificial body made out of cells of Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage was now… a hoof of an artificial body made out of cells of Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage, apparently.


"It's got to be here!" Scootaloo muttered angrily as they walked around in the darkness.

"How are we even gonna see it?" Apple Bloom asked.

"It glows in the dark. Duh!" Scootaloo replied as she continued to trot forward, when suddenly, she bumped into something.

Something that growled.


Obito recalled how the boulder fell on him, crushing the right side of his body. How the cave collapsed and the ground under him caved in. How Madara found his mangled body and attached Hashirama clone to him to keep him alive. How he then spend many years wearing the body of Spiral Zetsu upon his own. How he transplanted Madara's left eye into his empty eye socket. Obito had never paid much thought to that - the Eye of the Moon Plan would have erased this reality, so he didn’t care - but when he did, he mused if his body could have gotten any weirder.

Well, now he had the answer to this question.

From what Obito saw, his body was now that of a small horse, with half of his coat brown and the other half pale white. The skin underneath it was also paler than that on the left side, similar to how his body used to be.

Guess I still have Hashirama’s cells at least,” he mused, looking at his forehooves. “And since I can see my chakra circulatory system, I must still have my Sharingan…”

Wanting to check something, Obito concentrated chakra in his right eye. It worked; he activated his Mangekyo Sharingan.

At least I will be able to use Kamui,” he thought, rising to his fee- well, hooves, rather.

He had no idea how destroying the vessel of the Ten-Tails caused his life-force to be restored, letting him live despite having used Rinne Tensei, but did it had to change his body into something like this? He couldn’t form hand seals to use most of the techniques he knew. Of course, between Kamui, Rinnegan and Hashirama’s cells that wasn’t much of a loss, but if he wanted to…

That’s a good question. What do I want to do now?

He sat down, and by doing so, he noticed that he had a tail. He winced noticing that its color is white - the same as his hair became after Madara attempted to force him to use Rinne Tensei earlier. Obito pushed the thought away as he tried to think what he should do now.

He had no idea where he was. This place didn’t look like anything he had seen during his years of wandering around the world on Madara behalf, but that didn’t mean anything. There were a lot of places he hadn’t seen, like the Island Turtle in the Land of Lightning.

Nonetheless, Obito could probably get back using Kamui… but back to where? To the battlefield? He would be of little use, still being weakened. To Konoha?

Maybe I could somehow pay for my crimes… then when I would die, I could meet with Rin… or I could go back to my original plan and revive everybody…

That seemed like a good idea. Obito regretted that he wouldn’t be able to make up for his deeds, but it would be the best thing he could do. Give back the lives he stole, and spend eternity in hell.

He began to cast Kamui to go back to the dimension his technique was linked to and from there to Kakashi side when something hit him.

“How the hell am I supposed to use Rinne Tensei if I cannot make the seals!?” he yelled, hiding his face in his front-hooves.

By doing so, he felt bruises underneath his right hoof. Apparently, he still had those scars on his face.

“I am useless and the ugliest horse there ever was…” he sighted.

And either due to this strange situation, or due to Naruto’s words, I seem to have reverted to how I used to be,” he mused, slightly amused and surprised at his outburst.

“Now then,” he said out loud, looking around. He was at some sort of meadow, with a forest behind him, a sight of a strange castle far away and an outline of a city a bit closer… “what should I-”

Him monolog was interrupted by a loud roar, worthy of a Tailed Beast.

“Ugh, what now?” Obito asked, rubbing his head.


Princess Celestia looked around at the partying ponies within Sugarcube Corner, happy to see them happy.

She took another sip from her tea, comparing this visit from the previous. For one thing, this time Luna was with her. She was gradually becoming more sociable, which made Celestia very happy. It took a lot of effort to prepare everything so that both of them could leave Canterlot for a few hours, but it was worth it. She wished that they didn't have to return before it was the time to set the sun and raise the moon, but royal duties called.

"Still though, that's no reason we can't enjoy ourselves," she thought.

"Are you having a good time, little sister?" Celestia asked her.

"Indeed I am, sister," Luna replied, smiling. "Ponyville is such happy place, and this 'get-together' is most pleasing, unlike any events in Canterlot, save maybe for Cadence’s and Shining Armor's wedding. Perhaps we should consider moving the capital here."

Celestia giggled.

"Pity there is no noble around to hear you say that, sister. Their faces would bear most hilarious expressions."

As Luna joined her at laughing at the expense of so called 'higher classes', Celestia noticed few of Twilight's friends looking around the Sugarcube Corner, as if searching for somepony. She glanced at her student, who stood few meters away, looking nervously at everypony and beckoned her.

"What is it, Princess? Are you having good time? Do you need something?" Twilight quickly asked her, immediately afraid that Celestia and Luna were unhappy.

"Some things are never going to change, aren't they?" Celestia mused, as she suppressed a chuckle.

"We're having a wonderful time, Twilight. I was just curious if something happened to your friends. Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash look a bit... distracted."

"Oh, it's nothing, really," her student said, calming down. "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo; the three fillies that sometimes send you friendship reports, are still not here."

Celestia raised an eyebrow, curious as to why she thought it was nothing.

"They were probably trying to earn their cutie marks again, and lost track of time," Twilight explained. "I'm sure that they will be here soon."

"I suppose you're right," Celestia said, recalling how often those letters involved them trying to earn their cutie marks. "Still, tell your friends that if they want to go look for them, they can ask our guards to assist them."

"I will, Princess..." Twilight started to say, but was interrupted by a loud, terrified shriek coming from the outside.

"Dragon!!!"

Everypony in Sugarcube Corner looked at Spike.

"What? It's not me."

Full of worries, Celestia glanced at Luna as both of them rose and quickly followed the other ponies to the window.

There was a dragon standing by the edge of Ponyville.

Celestia had to blink and rub her eyes.

The dragon was still there.

Sharing another look with her sister, Celestia decided they needed to do something about it.

"Everypony, stay here," she said, knowing that the royal guards would be no match for a dragon this big if 'things went south'.

She hoped to try to reason with dragon, but was prepared that she and her might need to chase it away, and Celestia would prefer if nopony was nearby. She would not risk the life of her subjects, no matter what, and that included her student and her friends. While they saved Equestria not once, but twice, Celestia would not make them face such threat.

"Not without the Elements of Harmony, at least," she thought. "And also, Fluttershy has passed out."

Celestia and Luna teleported outside and regarded the dragon. He - at least, Celestia thought that it was 'he' - is huge. His wings were spread and were wider than the entire Ponyville. His scales were black, with grey on the underbelly and spikes on spine. His claws were few meters long, and one of his paws was raised...

And about to strike three fillies.

Celestia watched, terrified, as the dragon began to descend his paw with a roar. She immediately glow her horn, preparing to cast a spell.

"I won't make it!" she realized, grief clenching her heart.

The dragon's paw hit the ground, she saw a blur.

“No!” ponies behind her shouted, all ignoring her order once they saw three fillies in danger.

But Celestia didn’t. She just watched, speechless, not believing she had just failed three of her subjects-

“Calm down.”

Celestia blinked. Who dared to speak of calm at a moment like this? She looked back, to where the deep voice came from… and once again found herself speechless.

Atop of one of Ponyville’s houses stood a pony she had never seen before. His head and left side of his body were brown, but the right was pale white, and so was his mane. But the most important thing about him was what - or rather who - was on his back.

“Those three are safe,” the mysterious pony said, as Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, all lying on his back, looked around in bewilderment.

Oh, thank goodness… but how did he do that?” Celestia wondered, after the wave of relief had washed over her. “He’s an earth pony; he couldn’t have gotten them from there to here so fast. And his face...” she squeezed her eyes, trying to make out his features from so far away.

Her efforts were interrupted by the dragons roar. Scolding herself for forgetting about that, she turned around to face the dragon. He was preparing to breathe flames at them. Celestia began channeling her magic, but at the same time, she heard some commotion behind her. She didn’t turn around to see what it was, deciding it wasn’t important, but as it turned out she didn’t need to. The source of the commotion soon jumped in front of her, free of the three fillies.

As she cast a barrier around Ponyville to protect it from dragon’s flames, Celestia wondered what it exactly was the earth pony stallion had intended to do.


Obito blinked as the barrier that appeared in front of him was bathed in this creature’s flames. Since the past few minutes that he spend chasing the source of the roar - which turned out to be the said creature chasing three even smaller than him horses - into a small settlement full of colorful horses, he assumed he had seen enough. He jumped between the beast’s claws and the three, using Kamui to get them out of harms way, and then put them on the ground as he saw it preparing to attack again. Obito planned to send those flames into Kamui’s dimension, but then something new had happened.

Somebody using chakra to create a barrier.

This chakra color…” he mused, recognizing the user of this technique.

Obito glanced back with his Sharingan. The white horse was bigger than all the others, even the dark blue one standing next to her, despite the small difference between their chakra levels.

It was as big as Tailed Beasts.

Those weren’t the only features that made them different from the rest. They also had both wings and horns, with the white one having a high amount of chakra concentrated in hers.

So those with horns are able to use ninjutsu,” Obito concluded, wondering why his body had to become of a horse without one. After a heartbeat he decided to wonder about that later and first deal with the beast. “Seeing how I am still weakened, I should immobilize him first. In that case…

He glanced at his shoulder.


Celestia almost dropped her barrier when the strange pony looked back at her. His face was covered in scars, as if something had crushed it once. And his eye...

In all her life the Princess had never seen such a strange eye, with red iris and three strange dots around pupil that looked like commas, which gave it an appearance of a wheel.

The stranger's eyes widen slightly as it moved up at her horn, probably realizing she had cast the spell.

"Apple Boom!"

"Sweetie Belle!"

"Scoots!"

Celestia glanced at Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Twilight and two royal guards, all around the three fillies the strange must have dropped on the ground there.

"I’m glad that he got them out of danger," she thought, thankful for the stallion’s assistance. “I will thank him properly once the dragon is dealt with.

She turned back, intending to banish the creature, when she saw what the stallion has been up to during the past second. A branch was sticking out of his white shoulder! Celestia stare with wide eyes as it grew, plunging into the ground.

Beside her, Luna was equally surprised. “Did…” she asked her as the dragon had finally stopped spewing flames at them, “some mare performed an unspeakable deed with Discord’s statue twenty-thirty years ago?”

Before Celestia had a chance to reply, a loud crack the ground beneath the dragon broke. From within, huge branches shoot at him and wrapped themselves around his body, binding him and bringing him down. The dragon roared in rage and surprise, before some branches forced his jaw tight close.

Celestia looked in amazement at the two-colored pony with weird eyes, which had just separated him from the branch with a smack. “How did he…” she wondered, and at the same time space around him wrapped like a whirlpool. After a second he was gone. “... do that.

A small dot that almost immediately began whirling appeared outside of her barrier, right in front of the dragon. As Celestia had guessed, a second later this strange stallion stood there.

“This must be how he got the fillies to safety. But how is he doing that?” she wondered out loud.

“Must have something to do with this strange body of his,” Luna replied, her eyes on the stamp that used to be connected to his shoulder.

A loud crack got their attention just in time to see one of the dragon’s paws pulling free of the branches and crushing down on the stallion. Celestia’s eyes widened, by when she was about to voice her terror, a head poked out.

His head poked out of the paw of the dragon.

The Princess felt her jaw drop as the stallion walked out of the dragon’s outstretched paw as if it was air. And he was so calm about it, too. Once he was fully out, he lifted his left foreleg and pressed a hoof to the dragon.

“It’s over,” he stated.

Once again, space wrapped itself around him, pulling the dragon in. Celestia noticed that it took him two seconds, but nonetheless, when he turned back to them, the dragon was gone.

Despite her confusion and worry, Celestia forced a calm smile on her face, as she approached him. Luna joined her after a heartbeat, with other ponies following her. As they neared him, Celestia got the sight of the left side of his face. Its features were much more pleasant to watch, for that side was missing the scars that marked the other. In fact, as Celestia noted, before whatever accident had befallen him, he must have been quite handsome. But that wasn’t what first caught her attention.

She looked at his eye. His left eye. It was different than the right one, and even stranger than that. It was all purple and... ripple-like; circles spread over the eyeball. She couldn’t see the white on it.

“Greetings,” she said once she stopped before him. “I am thankful for your assistance in saving the lives of everypony, especially those three fillies, kind stranger. If I might ask, though, what did you do to the dragon?”

“I sent him away,” was all he replied.

Celestia would have liked to have known what exactly what he did, but she didn’t press the issue.

“May I ask what your name is? Who are you?” she asked instead, being careful to not ask ‘What are you’.

The pony closed his eyes as he repeated: “Name…”

The Princess watched him, puzzled, as he looked away.


“Who… who the hell are you?” Naruto asked him.

Obito tilted his masked head as he replied. “I am no one. I don’t want to be anyone. All I care about is completing the Eye of the Moon plan.”


Obito smirked and looked back at the white horse that spoke to him.

“I’m Obito,” was all he said.

Author's Note:

So, here you have it, this is the new main hero... and I don't know how it is with you, but I know that most of manga/anime fans over in my country don't like this guy, so I hope you aren't disappointed.

Oh, and Happy Holidays!