• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 5,638 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria's Will of Fire - Borsuq



Will Equestria be able to turn the dreams of a certain shinobi into reality? Will he manage to free his heart from its shackles? Will he find... the Will of Fire?

  • ...
14
 85
 5,638

2. Shadow of trouble [cancelled]

“First Hokage?” Celestia repeated, appearing confused at the title.

“First leader.” Hashirama explained. “The leader after me was named Second Hokage, then Third, and so on.”

“Oh.” the Princess said, surprised, and then bowed like him earlier: “I’m sorry, I haven’t realized that you are also a ruler. I’ve never heard of such place as Konohagakure, however, not to mention The Land of Fire.”

I wouldn’t expect you to know, Princess. The Death God told me this is a completely different world from mine.” he said calmly, and cursed at himself once he noticed the expressions on everyone’s faces to switch into one of astonishment and fear. His forced isolation due to being sealed with Shiki Fūjin for who knows how long made him forget that not everybody dealt with things such as he. “I suppose I have a lot to explain after letting that one slip, don’t I?

“I think everypony would appreciate that.” Celestia replied, looking more confused than scared, but on her guard nonetheless.

Hashirama nodded, but said:

“I will gladly oblige, Princess, but I believe that something should be done about this beast, first.” he pointed behind him at the dragon that was still under the effect of his genjutsu.

“And while we’re at it,” the First Hokage heard one of the mares that was holding one of the young ones he saved; he guessed by the likeness in appearance (and similar chakra color) that they were related, “would the three of you like to tell us how did it come to that that you were chased by this dreadful dragon?”

The three fillies looked at each other, still scared and, Hashirama suspected, embarrassed.

“We wanted to find something cool to give the Princesses for a present...” started to say the orange one with small wings and purple mane.

“... and maybe earn our cutie marks...” added the white one with pink-purple mane and horn.

“... but then we... sorta... woke the dragon up.” finished the yellow one with red mane and a pink bow.

“What?!?” the two mares, one white with horn and purple mane and the other orange with a hat and yellow mane yelled at them, and were about to yell more when they noticed that the last mare, the cyan one with wings and rainbow-colored mane stayed silent.

“Uh, yeah… what?!?” she immediately repeated after the two others shoot her a glance. “How could the three of you done something so stupid?!?”

Hashirama watched this scene and felt a warm smile spread on his face. Seeing them now reminded him of the few times he had to scold Tobirama when they were kids.

“How simpler those times were...” the thought crossed his mind, wishing that his brother was alongside him now, but he knew that it wouldn’t happen. For some reason, the Death God chose only Hashirama to come to this world, so he would have to deal with whatever it was that he was supposed to do here.

As he still glanced at the three mares scolding the three fillies, Princesses Celestia and Luna, and as well the smaller lavender one with a horn, crept closer to him and the dragon.

“You seem to be enjoying this scene.” Princess Luna said quietly, noticing his smile.

Still smiling, the First Hokage glanced at the dark blue Princess and told her:

“While it is unfortunate to see them having to scold their younger siblings, it does bring pleasant memories of me and my brother.” turning back to the dragon, he asked: ”So, what are your plans concerning the dragon?”

Princess Celestia tilted her head, deep in thoughts, before she came to decision.

“Seeing as he didn’t cause much damage, thanks to your efforts, First Hokage, I don’t think there is any reason why we should dispose of him.” turning to her sister, she said: “A simple memory spell and teleporting him away from Equestria should be enough, don’t you agree?”

“I would have wanted to put this beast through much more pain for threatening our subject, sister,” Luna replied, frowning, “but I’ll defer to your wisdom on the matter.”

Hashirama, with his arms crossed, listened to them. At the same time he noticed that the lavender mare was staring at him, but as he glanced her way, she immediately turned her sight away.

I suppose this behavior shouldn’t be surprising...” he mused, when he noticed that the Princesses were looking at him.

“If I might ask, First Hokage...” Celestia began to ask, but Hashirama stopped her with a wave of his hand.

“Please, just Hashirama.” he insisted, not wanting the creatures from the other world to treat him as someone special.

“... Hashirama.” Celestia corrected herself, giving him a brief smile. “Why did you tell the dragon that he should be thankful that he was facing you, and not me and my sister?”

“I figured that you would have been more rough with him, seeing as he threatened your subjects.” the First Hokage replied, shrugging. “While I would be quite glad to do the same for an attempt to harm the young ones, I preferred to render it unconscious, since I am not familiar with the laws of this land and it would cause much less damage to the village.”

“And how, pray tell, do you know that we have the power to be more rough?” asked Luna, raising her brow in confusion. “If we understood you correctly earlier when you... slipped, you are not of this world.”

Hashirama nodded and pointed to his eyes, The Sharingan.

“Those eyes have the ability to see chakra, among others.” he explained. “And the amount of chakra you two have is outstanding. I haven’t seen anyone to possess this much chakra, besides the tailed beast.”

“‘Chakra’?” Celestia repeated, puzzled. ”Do you mean ‘magic’?”

“If that’s what you call that here, then yes.”

“You have magic where are from?” the smaller lavender mare asked, for the first time speaking up. “Why do you call it ‘chakra’? And what do you mean by ‘tailed beast’?”

Hashirama eyes widen, surprised by the torrent of question. Hearing Princess Celestia chuckle, he glanced at her.

“You will have to forgive my student. Twilight Sparkle has a very big thirst for knowledge.” she explained.

“No harm has come to me, so there is nothing to forgive.” Hashirama replied, smiling at Twilight, who blushed, embarrassed by her teacher’s remark. “As to your questions, Miss Twilight Sparkle, while I am not sure how to answer the first two, I can answer the last one. The tailed beasts are powerful creatures from my world, that about as big as this dragon, but their chakra level is multiply times higher. Compared to them, this creature was nothing.”

“I’m sure we would all love to hear more about your world, as well as why are you here and what is a Death God...” Princess Celestia said, interrupting Twilight’s incoming questions. “... but for now, stand back, both of you.”

Hashirama, while not really used to taking orders from others, did as she asked and took few steps back, along with the lavender pony, curious as to what the two princesses wanted to do.

Princess Luna pointed her horn to the dragon’s head, and it suddenly flashed, a beam of blue light connected to the dragon. The First Hokage’s new eyes allowed him to see that she used chakra, or magic, as they called it here. Instead of ninjutsu, what Luna did reminded him more of a tailed beast skill. Wondering if all every of those creatures with horns could do that, he continued to look at the ‘spells’ effect. His Sharingan, despite him not being able to copy this technique due to lack of horn, recognized this as a type of memory sealing jutsu.

Interesting...” he thought as Princess Luna finished her spell and nodded to her sister.

Princess Celestia lifted her horn, which was surrounded now by a golden glow that appeared around the dragon, and in a blink of an eye it disappeared. Hashirama stared at her, amazed.

“Did you just transport that huge being far away from your country?” he asked to be sure. When Celestia nodded, slightly confused at his reaction, he smiled. “I’m impressed. I never thought I would ever see a space-time technique more advanced than that of my brother’s.”

The Princess, surprised at his compliment, giggled.

“I appreciate the compliment.” she said, growing more serious. “But now that the dragon is out of the way, we need to talk.”

Hashirama bowed his head.

“Of course, Princess.”

-e-

Celestia, like everypony else, stared wide-eyed at the being that called himself to be a ‘human’ and a ‘shinobi’, as he simply continued to sit by the table and drink tea, having finished his tale.

It was just her, Luna, and the Bearers of Elements of Harmony that sat with him now. While all ponies were interested about hearing where he was from and what was that earlier about ‘Death God’, Princess Celestia felt that it would be better this was something not everypony should hear. So, as they returned to the Sugarcube Corner (and making sure that Fluttershy’s consciousness returned, as well as assuring Pinkie Pie again that they could hold a ‘welcome to Ponyville’ for the human later), she asked that the other ponies would gave them some space, using a worry that Hashirama would fear overwhelmed as an excuse.

The alicorn princess was glad she did so.

“Let me sum this up:” she said after clearing her throat. Pointing at Hashirama, Celestia said: ”you died during a Great Shinobi War...”

The human nodded, taking a sip of a tea.

“... then few decades later, you were summoned back to life along with your brother, the Second Hokage, who also died. And with this spell, or a ‘technique’, also forced the two of you to fight against Tobirama’s student, the Third Hokage, against your will...”

Hashirama again nodded.

“... the Third Hokage then performed a technique that sealed your souls away into the Death God’s stomach, at the price of his soul sharing this fate...”

If the cup wasn’t covering his lips at the very moment, Celestia was sure she would see the First Hokage smirking.

“... and few moments ago, the Death God came to you, told you that there is a terrible danger coming to our world that would threaten other worlds as well, and that only you could stop it. After which you were asked if you would help, and you agreed. Then the Death God changed your eyes into those two with a ‘Sharingan’, to better aid you in this task, brought you back to life and send you here.”

“You have a gift for summarizing, Princess.” Hashirama responded, taking the cup away from his mouth. “This is some excellent tea.”

Celestia glanced at her sister, who did the same. The white princess saw in Luna’s eyes the same feeling she had: confusion, amazement, fear, and concern. However, the only one question that could come to her mind right now was not asked by either her or the dark blue alicorn, but by her student instead.

“How is it that you can be so calm about this?!?” Twilight yelled, her eyes wide with worry.

“I would advise you to keep your voice down.” the human warned her, glancing with one of his red eyes at the crowd of ponies on the other side of the bakery, who were shooting glances their way. He smiled and waved at them, and returning his concentration towards the ponies sitting next to them. “As for why I am calm: panicking takes nowhere. Only by remaining calm one can find a proper solution to solving problem.”

Celestia had to admit it, she grew more and more impressed of this being. Not only he selflessly rescued three fillies from a dragon (although, judging by his demeanor, it was an easy task for him), but also was very calm, wise, collected, insightful, and from what she could tell, kind and caring. Seldom she met ponies such as he.

Then again, he isn’t a pony...” Celestia reminded herself, as she watched another pony take voice.

“Wait just a minute.” Rainbow said, pointing her hoof accusingly at Hashirama. ”How do we know this guy is telling the truth?”

Celestia glanced back at human, curious how he would respond

“You raise a good point, Miss Rainbow Dash.” the First Hokage replied, tilting his head towards her. “I don’t have proofs other than my words, I’m afraid. But tell me, are there other shinobi or at least humans, around?”

“Well.. no.” the pegasi said. “I get that part about you being from other world, but how do we know the rest is true?”

“I think I have an idea how you could prove it.” Twilight cut in, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

“Really?” Hashirama said, slightly surprised. “Do tell.”

Celestia also wondered what was on her student’s mind. She currently appeared to be... excited.

“Maybe you could use that spell and summon somepony to live from your word, and they could confirm...”

“No.”

Everypony looked immediately at Hashirama, startled by his quick reply and the lack of his usual warm in his voice. The human, on the other hoof, closed his eyes and took another sip of tea, but explained before anyone could ask:

Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei is a jutsu, which among other things, requires a living person to sacrifice as a vessel for the spirit.” he said sternly, but then he quickly returned to smile warmly as he added: ”I trust this is something you do not want.”

The excitement on Twilight’s face turned into a disgust, share by her friend’s faces, as she realized just what she asked for. The lavender unicorn shook her head immediately.

“Besides,” the First Hokage continued, ”I can’t perform this technique, although I know how it works and could probably master it if I ever tried to.”

“I’m glad to know you didn’t, however.” Celestia said. “This is a one of most evil spells I ever heard off. Not only does it sacrifice lives of others, but also makes those revived do things against their will. Just look how the white-skinned man you told us about made you and your brother fight the your brother’s student, Hiruzen.” the alicorn princess shook her head, disgusted. “Whoever thought of this spell should be forever damned.”

There was a strange look in Hashirama eyes as she said those words.

“Well, he actually is.” he told her. “My brother is still sealed within Death God stomach.”

Celestia eyes widen.

Surely, he can’t mean...

“Yes. but what that has to do with...” Princess Luna began to say, only to look at him aghast soon realizing what he meant. ”You mean to tell that it was your brother who invented this spell?”

Princess Celestia watched as Hashirama sighed, appearing tired. She guessed it was a delicate subject.

“Before you judge my brother too harshly, bear in mind that before our clan, Senju, made an alliance with the Uchiha clan and we founded Konoha, our world was in a state of constant war. While I myself died just few years later in a war, there was peace… for a short time. And I would guess that there was peace later on as well, seeing as Saru... I mean, Hiruzen, managed to live to such an old age.” Hashirama closed his eyes, probably recalling past events. “When I asked Tobirama as to what caused him to create such jutsu, he said that the purpose of it was for the dead to be reincarnated into soldiers able to clear a battlefield with a devastating and otherwise suicidal attacks.” he shrugged and opened his eyes. “Either way, I’m glad Tobirama decided by himself to label this technique as a forbidden jutsu soon after he created it, and never tried to master it.”

Celestia didn’t miss the emphasis he putted on the word ‘said’, but knew better than to press it. And even if the reason Hashirama said his brother told him was true, she supposed that while she didn’t approve of it, she could at least understand it.

All Tobirama was trying to do was protect his clanmates.” she thought. ”That is respectful, to some extent. It’s a pity this spell was found out by this evil individual and apparently mastered it beyond what its creator managed.

She was about to voice her thoughts, to let him know she wasn’t going to think bad of his brother for creating this Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei, and apologize for her brush words earlier. After which she would have liked to move on to the topic of a terrible danger Equestria was about to face, according to the Death God itself, but a sudden movement from the outside of Sugarcube corner caught her attention. Almost as soon as Celestia’s gaze rested on the doors, they swung open, and her and Luna’s royal guards; accompanied by another one, a pegasi, burst in.

She quickly shared with her sister a worried glance, knowing something important must have happen. And after hearing Hashirama...

“Your Highnesses,” the new guard said as he approached them, bowing and sparing Hashirama a quick glance, but not paying attention to all the other ponies that stared at him, “I’m afraid I bring news of a grieve importance.”

Fear gripping her heart, Celestia commended:

“Speak.”

The royal guard looked up, taking his helmet off. There was fear in his eyes.

“Those new came from the Crystal Empire.” he said, gulped, and delivered his message: “Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor were kidnapped.”

Author's Note:

I will be honest with you: besides Madara, I also considered Tobirama Senju (the Second Hokage) as the hero for this story. I mean, he seems to me like much more interesting character than either Madara or Hashirama, considering all that we know about him (which isn't much), and we know how he died. But, I decided finally to use Hashirama, because of one little thing - I have no idea how his space-time ninjustu worked, and judging by the way Minato said that he was good at it, it was different from his. I didn't wanted to bother thinking this one off, due to the fear that it would be more dumb than every Naruto filler arc.
Oh, and I will explain in few chapters how exactly chakra can be like magic, so don't post angry comments about that one.
PS: If Hashirama having Sharingan is cheating from my side, then so is Kishimoto's giving Madara Mokuton. I know that this is his story, so he can do as he please, but at least, Hashirama here doesn't have somebody's face on chest!