• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 5,638 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria's Will of Fire - Borsuq



Will Equestria be able to turn the dreams of a certain shinobi into reality? Will he manage to free his heart from its shackles? Will he find... the Will of Fire?

  • ...
14
 85
 5,638

4. The Rescue

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight began after a while of sitting in silence, “you and Princess Luna never told us what you discovered when you were using medical spells on Obito. I mean, it did cause you two to gasp in surprise...”

Celestia turned her eyes from the castle, which she’d been absentmindedly watching, and looked at her student. In the short time since Obito left, they completed placing some basic fortification. They achieved that feat swiftly by combining the magic of the two Princesses and Twilight with the manual labor of the others. Now they were within a camp ready for the regiments of royal and night guards who would teleport to their location soon, secured from changelings’ eyes by the multiple spells.

Twilight and her friends had settled in between the paws of the giant two-headed dog that Obito had left behind to watch over them. Celestia thought their complete lack of fear of it to be humorous, especially after seeing Obito’s reaction at the sight of Fluttershy petting it.

Before she answered Twilight’s question, Celestia took a quick glance at her sister. Luna, having better sensing skills than her (which had been, unfortunately, the reason why she came in contact with Nightmare Forces), was keeping watch over the area surrounding their camp, leaving only Celestia to explain what they discovered on her own.

“What we discovered was…” she started and almost immediately trailed off, wondering how to best put that into words, “something neither of us saw ever before. I don’t think even Discord’s body would be so bizarre when examined.”

“Seriously?” Rainbow Dash asked with a raised eyebrow. “I mean, sure, Obito looks as if he was made out of two ponies, but Discord-”

Celestia raised a hoof, silencing her. “I know what you mean, Rainbow Dash, but in Discord’s case, everything odd about him can be explained by the fact that he’s the Spirit of Chaos. Also, his body is that of a draconequus; Obito’s, however…” she allowed herself a smile. “It’s funny what you said about him looking as if he was made out of two ponies… because, in fact, his body is made out of three ponies.”

“WHAT!?” the six ponies exclaimed in unison, shocked.

She couldn’t blame them. Just the thought sounded insane, but knowing it for a fact was mind aching. “And to top it off, that’s not all…

“My sister and I believe that the left side of his body, along with his head, is Obito’s original body. Strangely, the magic signature of that half is that of a unicorn, except-”

“But he doesn’t have a horn!” Twilight said, as she couldn’t help but point that out.

Celestia smiled. She was happy that this discussion at least managed to take Twilight’s mind off her brother and sister-in-law’s situation. “That is true, Twilight, but you didn’t let me finish. As you said, he doesn’t have a horn… but his magic circulatory system’s point of concentration isn’t at his forehead.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow, confused, but before she could ask the question Celestia anticipated, another pony voiced her confusion: “Err… beg yar pardon, Yar Majesty, but what’s this… magic circula-whatsit?”

As Applejack wasn’t the only one here that didn’t know what it was - judging by the expressions on their faces - Celestia explained: “It’s what channels magic of everypony throughout a pony’s body, similarly how a regular circulatory systems transports blood.”

“Earth ponies and pegasi’s magic circulatory systems is spread evenly across their bodies, as they use magic passively.” Twilight resumed from there. “However, unicorns and alicorns’ are a bit different; the magic circulatory system concentrates heavily around their horns, to allow them to cast spells.”

“So…” Rainbow Dash started, “what does it mean? Is Obito’s half body an earth pony’s or not?”

“No, it is a body of a unicorn,” Celestia assured her. “Except where all unicorns’ circulatory system’s point of concentration is at their foreheads, at the base of the horn, Obito’s has two points of concentration - at his eyes.”

“Oh…” Twilight exclaimed, wide-eyed. “That… that makes sense. I mean, he does have two strange eyes… he even said they can see magic.”

“And the ‘Sharingan’ in his right eye changed shape when he used that teleportation spell,” Celestia added. “It also did that when he passed through Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo when they tackled him.”

“So, wait, let me get this straight,” Rainbow Dash interrupted them, “Obito is a unicorn… who instead of a horn has two freakish and completely different eyes?”

“And what about this dog, then?” Rarity asked, glancing up at its twin heads. “They have the same eyes as Obito left one; can they use magic?”

“I do not know,” Celestia admitted, frowning. “Although he did say that he can see what they see… perhaps there are certain spells that each eye can cast? Like, for an example, summoning creatures with the same eyes and sharing their vision?”

She stopped herself from mentioning that even while being inferior to Luna in the sensing department, she could still tell that this creature had no heartbeat, and that magic within it was Obito’s and not the creature. There was no reason - at least for now - to make this bizarre situation any weirder.

Besides, there’s also the matter of his left eye being-” Celestia thought, but Twilight interrupted her pondering.

“So he’s some sort of a weird unicorn. Or used to be,” Twilight added. “What about the white half of his body?”

“Oh, right,” the Princess said, remembering that she wanted to explain more to them. “The right side of Obito’s body seems to be an earth pony’s… at least, we think so. The magic signature seems to point at that. However, there is something odd about it that we cannot exactly pin down. Aside from that, its magic has an extreme vitality, even for an earth pony, which could explain how Obito somehow managed to grow a tree out of his body when he fought with the dragon. As you know, my student, using a spell to grow plants takes a lot of magic,” she turned to Twilight, who nodded. “But he did it with ease. In fact, summoning this dog here seemed to deplete his magic reserves than growing that tree branch.”

“Which isn’t exactly surprising, Sister,” Luna reminded her as she trotted over to them. “Given what we had discovered about that left eye of his.”

“Anything exciting to report, Little Sister?” she asked her while the six other ponies glanced at them with confusion.

“There seems to be no activity going on within area around the castle or us. I could sense Obito’s magic signature entering the changelings’ stronghold, but the barrier around it prevents me from learning what’s happening there,” Luna shook her head with disappointment. “I still wonder about the wisdom of entrusting Cadance and Shining Armor’s fate to the pony we know close to nothing about, and what we do know does little but raises suspicions.”

“Perhaps you’re right,” Celestia admitted. “But you do have to agree that Obito is best suited to rescuing them. And he did have a point; if you and I would have joined with our respective guards and stormed the castle, the Changeling Queen would have used Cadance and Shining Armor as hostages.” Turning to Twilight and her friends, she quickly added before they could get worried again: “Don’t worry everypony; given what little we know about Obito’s powers, I’m confident he will be able to rescue them.”

True, his unique abilities should make this mission fairly easy for him,” Luna told Celestia telepathically while the others relaxed due to her assurance. “But it wouldn’t hurt to have a contingency plan just in case.

I already prepared one,” she replied. “Or did you honestly think I would bet everything on his ‘I have nothing better to do, anyway’? You know I dislike gambling.

Oh?” Luna exclaimed, amusement mixed with sarcasm. “And when I returned as Nightmare Moon, you were where…?

That wasn’t gamble, that was trust in my student,” Celestia answered back.

Before either she or Luna could add something else to their telepathical discussion, Twilight’s question brought them back to the discussion. “Princess Luna, what did you mean when you said ‘what we discovered about that left eye of his’?”

Nodding to her sister to explain, Celestia turned to look at the castle standing in the distance. “Just like Obito’s right side of a body, it seems as if it belonged to a completely different kind of pony, so does his left eye,” she heard with the ear she kept erected and turned in the direction of Luna. “The magic signature we detected in it is… that of an alicorn.”

Just who exactly are you, Obito Uchiha from Konoha?” Celestia wondered as ponies beside her gasped in schock. “And what are you doing in Equestria? Why did you react like that to the sight of your own cutie mark?

She shook her head. The more she thought about him, the more confused she became. Knowing that there was nothing else she could do at the moment, Celestia resumed to keeping watch as they waited for the reinforcements to arrive…

While her wing’s grip on the black rod tightened.


So, they don’t posses any sensing abilities…” Obito mused.

The two black creatures that walked underneath him looked as if they were mixed from a pony and a bug. They had bug-like wings emerging from their back and also had horns on top of their foreheads.

Meaning they can use ninjutsu,” he concluded, walking without a sound on the ceiling, using chakra he gathered in his hooves. “I wish Celestia would have given me more information, other than they can use Henge no Jutsu and ‘feed on love’. I’m going to assume that this means they possess an ability to suck the chakra of their target when under the influence of hormones causing one to ‘be in love’, and leave it at that.

Seeing no changeling in sight, Obito jumped down and glanced through one of the doors in the corridor into a chamber. It was empty.

Thankful for the moment of respite, he entered, closed the doors behind him, and sat down on his haunches as he pressed his back against the wall.

“What now?” he mused. “I hoped to catch one in genjutsu and make it say where are they keeping those two ponies, but with them so closely resembling bugs…”

If they were anything like Aburame Clan’s bugs, they would probably know if one of them got caught in genjutsu. Obito couldn’t risk it with the lives of those Cadance and Shining Armor at stake. Not to mention that he still knew next to nothing about their abilities.

“And on top of it, my chakra is still a bit unbalanced after using the Chikushōdō ability,” Obito added, at the same time observing the group of ponies through the Multi-Headed Dog’s eyes; so far, the reinforcements the Princesses ordered to join them haven’t arrived. “Looks like my body is still getting used to Rinnegan.”

A small surprise, considering he transplanted it only about two-three days ago. Even with powers of both Uchiha and Senju, he himself hadn’t awakened the Rinnegan, after all.

Obito sighed; once again amazed by the sheer ridiculousness of the situation he was in. Now that he stopped for the moment - as before he didn’t have the time, entering the castle undetected by the changeling’s barrier and avoiding their patrols - his doubts regarding the correctness of this path returned.

He looked down on the mark on his left flank. “Why do I bare this there?” he thought out-loud. “All those ponies have marks like those… well, all growed-up ponies, apparently. Why mine is ‘the Eye of the Moon’?” Obito sighed. “Why-”

His hoof immediately clasped his mouth. Another patrol was going through the hall behind the doors.

Two,” Obito observed, his eyes letting him see through walls to some degree. Not surprisingly, the changeling’s charka’s colors were almost all identical, only their Queen’s he had seen in the orb was easy to distinguish. “Maybe I should try placing them under genjutsu?

But before he could decide whether to do so or not, he overheard what the two changelings were talking between themselves. Oddly, their voices weren’t that different from ponies (or humans, for that matter).

“Can you believe we must actually feed them?” one complained. “What for? They had their consciousness suppressed, so assuming the Queen’s plan work and we will give them back to ponies, they won’t remember missing out a meal!”

Obito opened the door a little, allowing him to see the pair through the crack. One of them was holding a tray that held two bowls of something probably edible and bottles of water with its chakra. “Yosha!” he thought with a glee, beginning to follow them.


About ten minutes later, Obito was convinced that the other changeling was at least deaf on one ear. He himself would have struck down the one who had been complaining all the way down into the dungeons, if he hadn’t developed a great patience during his years of carrying on the Eye of the Moon plan when posing as Madara.

During the trek down he got straight from the horse’s mouth the list of all possible calamities that could befall a soldier in changeling army.

“Did you know that I had love gathering duty eight weeks straight?” he got around to saying as they finally came to stop by the sturdiest looking doors so far. “Eight weeks! But then I make one comment about-”

He had (finally) ceased his babbling when the other changeling lifted a pair of keys and opened the doors. Both of them entered what Obito assumed to be a cell, with the talkative one murmuring something under his breath.

Careful to not make any noise, Obito rushed to the door and leaned over to see what was inside. Aside from the two changelings that just entered, there were two others near the center, keeping watch on the two ponies that were lying under the opposite wall, their expressions vacant.

Their chakras were completely different from the four next to them, as well as every other changeling Obito had encountered on his way here, meaning that this could only be Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor. Oddly, the chakra of the stallion seemed a lot like Twilight Sparkle’s.

Are they keeping them subdued with a genjutsu?” he wondered, glancing at their almost empty eyes. “No, their chakra flow hasn’t been disturbed… they must have drugged them,” he thought as the changeling with the tray approached the pair. “Oh right, this reminds me…

Activating his Mangekyo Sharingan just to be safe, he jumped at the two standing guard, grabbed their heads, and smashed them against each other. The remaining changelings looked back in alarm at the sound of two chitin’s colliding, only for their faces to meet with Obito’s hooves.

His punches, strengthened by Hashirama Senju cells, caused them to crash against the wall behind the two ponies. Having incapacitated every changeling in the room, Obito trotted to their captives.

“I will get you out of here,” he said out-loud, even though they probably couldn’t hear him. Glancing behind to check if there were any guards coming, attracted by the sounds of the short fight, he added: “I’m sure once we get you to your comrades, they will-”

The pressure in the room increased.

It was only thanks to Kamui that the green projectile didn’t kill him and instead blow up a part of the hall outside. Jumping away from the captives and turning around, he saw the two ponies had raised and regained their full senses. With a flash of green, he watched as they became changelings.

They can copy a pony’s look right down to their chakras?” Obito observed through his Sharingan. “It’s the same ability as White Zetsu’s...

With a hiss, one of them charged at him, its wing buzzing, while the other stayed behind, chakra gathered in its horn. The one that took the lead of the attack phased through Obito, but before the shinobi could kick him with his hindlegs, the supporting one began firing multiple projectiles, forcing him to remain intangible.

Deciding to take out that one first, he ran at him, carefully observing the pattern of directions it fired his attacks, which became more frantic. It did not escape Obito’s notice that there was panic on the changeling’s face, meaning that his right eye abilities was at least as unique here as it used to be in the Shinobi World not so long ago. With his Sharingan he read its attacks with ease, and soon an opening showed itself.

Now!

Seizing the chance, Obito canceled Kamui and materialized a chakra disruption blade.

With a swift movement, he cut off the horn of the changeling, causing it to shriek in pain. Obito then grabbed its shoulder with a hoof and chucked the hornless changeling at the remaining fighter, casting them both against the wall.

The first changeling grunted as it threw its companion off itself to continued the fight, but by then Obito stood right in front of him. The odd creature looked with his pupiless blue eyes without fear into his.

That was a big mistake.

Genjutsu: Sharingan!

The changeling froze, Obito’s genjutsu paralyzing it and placing it under his control.

“Tell me where is the real Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor,” Obito ordered.

His captive cooked its head and began to answer in emotionless voice: “There in the throne room with Queen Chrysalis. She had them moved there after her negotiation with Equestria’s Princesses got interrupted.”

Sighing internally, Obito was about to search his mind with Sharingan to get the specific location of the “throne room”, but then he heard a distant noise of buzzing wings coming their way.

“Do they know I’m here?”

“Yes,” the changeling replied. “Every changeling has a telepathic connection with the Queen. She’s been informed about you.”

So they have an ability similar to the Yamanaka Clan Shindenshin no Jutsu,” Obito thought, a tad worried.

“I need to hurry,” he muttered to himself as he once again used his Sharingan on the changeling. While his genjutsu wasn’t as nearly as powerful as Shisui’s Kotoamatsukami or Itachi’s Tsukuyomi, he did once had the Fourth Mizukage under his control, despite him being a Jinchūrikii and having a complete control over his bijū. Breaking the link between this changeling and its queen was easy in comparison. “Let’s go.”

Pressing a hoof to the creature’s chitin, he used Kamui to transport both of them to the other dimension, before the changelings’ reinforcements arrived.


Chrysalis growled with irritation.

The moment the weird pony had interrupted her talk with the pony princesses, she had a feeling he would come here. She laid a trap, and waited, but unfortunately she had clearly underestimated him.

“How did he get away?!” she mused angrily raising from her couch and began to stride through her throne room. “The barrier around the castle should prevent anything besides changelings to teleport… and he doesn’t have a horn! How could he just disappear from that cell, with one of my elite soldiers no less!?” she asked one of her guards.

The guard - wincing in fear - opened his mouth to reply, but then his eyes turned sharply to look somewhere behind her. “My Queen, look!”

Turning around, Chrysalis sight rested on the two captives that had cost her victory in Canterlot: Cadance and Shining Armor. Both of them, despite being rendered senseless, were chained to her throne for her amusement. However, the look of two of the most despised by her ponies being humiliated like that did not bring her as much satisfaction as it usually did, because there was now a third pony standing next to them.

The two-colored pony had merely glanced at her before turning his attention to the ponies, placing his hooved on them. “Capture him!” she ordered her stunned guards.

Her changelings all snapped out of their daze and advanced quickly at the intruder. At the same time, space disordered around the three ponies, and by the time the guards reached them, Cadance and Shining Armor were gone.

For a second, Chrysalis was too stunned to take action while the pony jumped away from the guards, their magic attacks passing through him as she had witnessed through her minions’ eyes. Her shock at the loss of her hostages was quickly overcome by another emotion: pure anger.

Focusing her magic, she summoned several balls of pure energy and chucked them at the pony. The attack didn’t reach its target, but it did cause him to jump in the direction she desired him to go. After Chrysalis had teleported, she was right in front of him.

At the wave of a horn, a patterned circle appeared underneath the pony, forcing him to stand still and biding his movements.

“I got you,” the Changeling Queen proclaimed triumphantly, thinking with glee about the pain she was going to cause him.

However, her joy was chased away as she noticed the smirk on the pony’s muzzle. The space began disorienting around him once more, but this time she noticed how he was doing it.

The center of the distortion was his right eye, the same which he used to force one of her soldiers into obedience and break the link between them.

The next moment the bizarre pony was gone.

Author's Note:

You might have noticed that this time I didn't start the chapter with Obito's last moments in the Ninja World. Well... Since a few newer chapters made me think the idea I had over and over again, so... in the end, I kinda decided to leave how Obito destroyed Gedo Mazou to you ;p

<Boooooo!>

Hey, you want to know how he did it, or do you want ponies!?

Comments ( 16 )

I'm liking this story. Here's to Equestria's Will of Fire having a bright future. :moustache:

Awesome story, much better then the first version, Power to the Obito!!

I was half expecting him to take Chrysalis with him.
Anywho, great chapter! More please :pinkiehappy:

woohoo! finally an update! :pinkiehappy:

And he isn't even at his full power yet:D

4026478 HERE HERE!!!


Great chapter xD wrecked Chrysalis :)


I vote for Ponies!!!

amazing chapter thanks!

next chapter plz

Update this great story!

I definitely like Obito as the protagonist instead of Hashirama.

Now if only you would update.

Why is it all the good Naruto/Pony crossovers hardly ever update? :fluttercry:

This needs to continue.

Will Kishimoto ever die and this garbage he shat out ever be forgotten? I can only hope.

It seems that this story has been forgotten for a long time?

6196946 :facehoof: Sorry, I know this hadn't updated in a long time, but... I just simply don't feel like getting back to it. If I'd force myself to write a chapter, I am not sure if it would be any good, so I hope you will forgive me and wait until I will have a strike of insipiration sometime soon.

Continue com essa história por favor quando puder borsuq

Login or register to comment