• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 6,010 Views, 104 Comments

Prototype: Friends until the bitter end - Carmine Prophet



Prototype 2 and crysis crossover. About two evolved blackwatch troopers. rewritten

  • ...
42
 104
 6,010

Home coming


We find Quann looking at some kind of airship with Cooper and the rest of his guards, and one of the lead scientists. The thing had four cylinders on it two in the front and two above them on the back. It was about as big as a two or three Blackhawk helicopters with the tails cut off. And the color? All white.


“What is it?” Quann asked.


“Well sir, this is the most advanced airship in the country of Equestria.”


“What is so advanced about it?” Quann asked, genuinely curious.


“Well as you can see it does not require the balloon like other airship, but is kept afloat


with the four experimental magic engines that turn the magic in the air into thrust.” The scientist responded


“Interesting. Are those sliding doors on the sides?” Quann asked


“Yes they are.”


“I’ll take it.” Quann said as he turned to walk away.


“Yes sir. And we will put your symbol on it.” The scientist said with a bow. But then Quann turned back.


“Anything else sir?” The mare asked.


“Yes, paint it grey.” Quann said as he walked out of the room, followed closely by his guards.


The next day; midday


“You wanted to see me auntie?” Quann asked as he, Cooper and the rest of his guards walked through the big golden door.


“Yes. I have just gotten word that your home has been finished and you can move in.” Celestia said.


“Good, so when do we leave, ma’am?” Cooper asked


“We will depart for ponyville in four hours. They are preparing a party for your return, and Luna and I will be attending.” She answered.


“Thank you for the information.” Quann said respectfully and turned to his guards.


“Ok, pack up what you need; ammo, weapons, medicine, etc. I want us ready to leave in two.” Quann said sternly.


“Yes sir!” They said with a salute, yet for some reason, they didn’t move an inch.


“Well you heard the man. And you know the drill assholes and elbows. Now let’s move ponies double time!” Cooper said to them and they ran to get ready.


“Oh and Raptor?” Celestia said as Quann was about to walk out of the door.


“Yes?”


“Twilight and Rarity can’t wait to see you again. They haven’t seen you scene the Gala." She said kindly.

“That’s good to hear.” Quann said and walked out.


4 hours later.


“Where are they?” Luna asked her sister as they were waited in the carriage.


“I am sure they will get there Luna. But we have to get going.” Celestia said as they took to the air; the nobles had insisted they ride in a carriage pulled by Pegasi.


Elsewhere.

“Is everything ready to go?” Quann asked as the last of his guard entered the V-tol airship.


“Yes sir.”


“Alright then. Mech, you’re up.” Quann said, taking his seat as one of the unicorns walked to the front of the craft and closed the side doors and back hatch.


“Ok, let’s go!” Quann said.


The V-tol’s four engines roared to life lifting the craft off of the ground and over the castle walls. When they were clear of the walls the engines rotated and rocketed to ponyville at high speed.


“Ch’ this is your captain speaking, thank you for choosing to fly with us today on Blackwatch Airways. We know you have a lot of choices of transport so we thank you for choosing Blackwatch as your way to travel.” Mech said over the intercom.


“I wonder if this thing can play CDs...” Quann said until he looked into the cockpit and saw a slot for CDs. Reaching into one of his pouches he levitated one out and placed it into the drive, and then he just sat back down, listening to old music from his and Cooper’s world; more specifically, from the Vietnam War era.


As he sat listening to his guards talk Quann was reached into an old pouch on his armor holding something that he had since before he joined black watch from his days in Nano suit ops his old teams dog tags.

‘everyone has a choice.’ Quann heard in his head.


Ponyville


Every pony in town was gathered waiting for the arrival of the prince and princesses.


“Rarity, when is he getting here!?” Sweetie Bell pestered.


“He will get here soon dear.” Rarity answered, turning to the lavender unicorn standing beside them. “Right, Twilight?” she asked her friend.


“Yes Rarity. The princess is on the way.” Twilight answered.


“Look, they’re here!” somepony yelled


They saw the carriage descend and come to a stop. Out walked Princess Celestia and Princess Luna and every pony immediately bowed. But when they all stood back up they noticed that Raptor and Reaper weren’t with them.


“Princess if you don’t mind me asking, where are Raptor and Reaper?” Twilight asked


“Yes, well, they were not ready yet, so we left without them so as not to be late. But I am sure they are on their way” Celestia answered her student, an almost unnoticeable hint of nervousness in her voice.


“Well if that’s the case lets get this party started!” Pinkie pie said, earning a cheer from everypony, as they finally started having a good time.


Ponyville outskirts

“Sir, we are about 15 minutes out.” Mech said over the music.


“Good get ready to land.” Quann ordered. Through the doors to see the them flying over buildings and meadows. The passed over a compound.


“This is your captain speaking. Please put your tray tables and seat back in their upright position, and please stay seated until we have turned off the seatbelt sign.” Mech said, earning a ‘Shut the buck up’ from Shock Jock.


15 minutes later town square.


“What is that!?” A random pony yelled, pointing a hoof at the strange flying object that was approaching them.


“Monster!” Another pony screamed, causing everyone to hide and the guards present to get the princesses into a nearby building.


As the strange ‘monster’ approached, they heard what sounded like strange music coming from it. When it was over the music stopped, drowning the area in an eerie silence, with the only sound being the constant ‘Roar’ of the monster. Then the four cylinders on the corners angled downward the thing started to descend, the strange streams of fire kicking up a small smoke screen until it touched down, creating a rather sizable dust cloud.


Everypony looked on, scared and curious as to what it was, until they saw the dust clear, and they saw the large craft. But there on the side, they saw a strange symbol; it was a star with two silver wings on either side of it, and under it in a half circle were the words Blackwatch. And under that said Airborne Rangers. Then finally the roar ceased, bathing the area in complete silence.


They saw the piece with the symbol on it slide back, and out stepped 9 ponies in armor of the same design as Raptor and Reaper’s armor. There were four earth ponies, two Pegasi and three Unicorns in the group, and they were all carrying some strange types of crossbows. Then out stepped a Pegasus with red wings and pulsing orange feather tips. He carried another weapon, one which was at least slightly different from the others. But finally, they saw the last pony step out, and they saw that He was easily taller than the others. He was wearing the same armor, but instead of just one blade on his left forehoof like the others, he had another on his right forehoof. This pony had a much larger weapon on his back than the Pegasus who just stepped out. He closed the door on the strange craft with a wing and as they all saw who it was, they started walking to their doors. One small pony wandered out of a building and bolted to the group, eager to meet her friend again.


“I don’t like this. Where is everypony?” Quann said as he pulled down his hood and mask and pulled up his goggles, stepping in front of the group. Quann was about to give a another order when he felt something slam into his leg. Looking down he saw Sweetie Bell latched to his right foreleg with tears streaming down her face.


“I thought you weren’t coming when you didn’t arrive with the princesses.” She said as she got off of his leg.


“Well, I’m here now. That’s all that matters.” Quann said, nuzzling her with his neck. When he looked back up he saw that rest of the ponies were edging their way out of the buildings. Cooper and the other guards saluted Celestia and Luna, who were at the front of the group.


“I see you took the new airship.” Celestia huffed, a bit annoyed.


“Sure did.” Quann said with a smirk.


“I must say, I hardly recognized it.” She said looking at the grey vehicle.


“Hay, who are those guys?” Rainbow dash said pointing at the rest of Quann’s Guard.


“We are Blackwatch. Special operations and combat. But our job is to guard Prince Raptor with our lives.” The guards said.


“Cooool,” A young colt exclaimed excitedly as he looked up toward the troopers with wide eyes.


“Well now that the final guest of honor is here let’s celebrate.” Mayor Mare said.


“Well, you heard her. Get the V-tol and the supplies to the house and get back here and enjoy yourselves Troopers, Dismissed!” Quann said.


“SIR, Yes Sir!” They said, scattering.


The party carried on uneventfully. It was by now night-time and the Princesses had returned to Canterlot. Quann spent most of his time with Rarity and Twilight. Cooper meanwhile, spent his time with Fluttershy. Some of the guards who had been dismissed for the day decided to come to the party and enjoy themselves. Quann, Cooper, Doc and the mane six decided to move their flanks to Twilight’s library.


“Come on sugarcube, just try it.” Applejack said, pushing a cup to Quann on the table.


“What is it?” Quann asked, looking at the brown liquid in the class.


“It’s Applejacks Special hard cider.” Rainbow Dash slurred holding a cup of her own. It was obvious that she was more than a little tipsy.


“Come on man, don’t be a bitch. Drink it. What about you Doc?” Cooper said.


“I don’t Drink alcohol, sir.” Doc said, reaching for a mug of pop instead.


“Fine!” Quann said taking the class and holding it high.


“To Blackwatch!” Quann said and Doc and Cooper raised their glasses.


“To friendship.” Twilight said as the maine six raised their own glasses and they all clanked classes.


They all chugged their drinks, but the second Quann and Cooper finished theirs, they fell on to their knees in pain.


‘hsssssssssssssssssssss’


“AAAAAAAAAAAAgh!” Quann and Cooper screamed, grasping at their chests in agony, much to the horror of the mares, mainly Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy.


They could see the Drink hurting their friends/leader. iIn Doc’s case, he could see the fur and flesh at the bottom of their chests start boiling as chunks of Biomass started to fall off of them onto the floor, and finally they saw the cider itself fall on the floor. The Drink had eaten through them like molecular acid eats through metal. The two blobs, one Black and Red, and the other Black and Orange, of Biomass condensed into one large mass about the size of a large dog and started to switch between Red and orange like one was battling for superiority.


Eventually the red color won and it started to shift its shape, forming two legs, two arms and a head. The arms and legs were large and muscular and pulsed with red vanes. The head Quann and Cooper noticed was roughly human shape but with no nose, just the socket. It had about twenty bone colored razor sharp teeth, its hands were clawed and the spine was almost visible, a steady red glow emanating from it. The rest of the skin on the thing was a burnt tan color. And finally it eyes were blood red.


Quann and Cooper, who had just gotten up, knew exactly what is was. Why you may ask? Because they had fought enough of them back in the NYZ Red Zone, and only could think one thing. But then a tail sprouted from its back. It was long; a little over half the thing’s height in length, and was segmented with what looked like spines and a blade at the end of the tail that looked as sharp as the two evolved’s blades. While everypony else panicked, it started growling and advancing on Rarity, swinging its tail behind it.


“What is this vile thing!? Get it away from me.” Rarity yelled, scurrying away from the creature.


“Brawler!” Quann yelled as he and Cooper yelled reaching for their weapons.


And as soon as that thought that was yelled it stopped in its tracks and turned to look at Quann. It walked over and sat in front of him, tail swaying back and forth like a puppy’s.


“What the fuck?” Quann said, already pointing his SAW at the Small Brawler.


He looked up to see that Doc and Cooper also had their weapons trained on the thing. Getting an idea, mind you a stupid idea, he shouldered his weapon and lowered his head to the brawler. It tilted its head to the side. In a way..


“Raptor what are you…” Cooper started.


“ITS SO Cute!” Quann yelled as he leapt at the small Brawler and hugged it. The two rolled on the floor and ended up with the Brawler on top of him licking his face with its long tongue like a dog playing with it’s master, and Quann laughing like a madman the entire time.


Stupefied, Cooper shouldered his weapon and turned to Doc, who looked just as confused, and looked to the Mares who were just as shocked and bit disgusted by the Brawler.


“What the fuck!” Cooper yelled.


“Ok… ok boy, down.” Quann said standing up.


“I am going to name you after my favorite dog, Jack.” Quann said with a smile.


“Darling are you alright?” Rarity asked the object of her affection, hoping he was in good health.


“Ya Rarity, I’m fine, don’t worry. But I do want to know what happened.” Quann said as Jack jumped onto his back.


“I think I have an idea sa.” Doc said. gaining everyone’s attention. He coughed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. “Well, from what you two have told me, you two are actually walking viruses.” Doc said, earning a nod from the two.


“And what is alcohol? It is a cleansing agent. Now, I’m not saying it is good for anypony, but it can be used to clean wounds and kill bacteria.” He continued again, earning nods. Twilight gasped as the realization hit her.


“So what you are saying is that because of the virus, the alcohol will essentially clean the area and hurt them. Like it kills bacteria...” Twilight stated.


“Yes, exactly Ms. Sparkle. It will burn right through them.” Doc said with a slow nod.


Quann yawned and stood up. “Well Rarity, Twilight, it’s been fun, but I must get going.” Quann said kissing Rarity and Twilight on the cheek and walking out of the door with Doc and Cooper following him, leaving the two mares blushing.