• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 6,006 Views, 104 Comments

Prototype: Friends until the bitter end - Carmine Prophet



Prototype 2 and crysis crossover. About two evolved blackwatch troopers. rewritten

  • ...
42
 104
 6,006

Meeting the family

Canterlot castle

“Ok, Raptor And Reaper, I have go and attend to my royal duties. But I will return later with one of the Guard captains.” Celestia said to Quann and Cooper, receiving a nod from both, before she turned around and walked out of the large room.

“Why are you still wearing that?” Cooper asked, looking over to his friend, who was still dressed like Heller.

“You know... I kind of like it. But I better look my best.” Quann said.

As he finished he was covered from head to fur covered hoof in Black and red tendrils. And when they receded he was back in his Blackwatch uniform, but the Goggles up in front of his horn and his gas mask around his neck and the lights on his armor flickered and ignited into their blue glow. Turning to look at his friend he smiled warmly.


“Ok, so let’s get going.” Quann said, motioning with his head for Cooper to come with him.


“Where are we going lieutenant?” Cooper asked.


“To have a look around. I’m not too big on waiting around here for her to get back. But leave a waypoint for our trackers to follow back here.” Quann said.


“Ok, let’s go.” Cooper said, trotting up to his friend, who was already pushing open the door and walking beside him.


One hour later the duo found themselves at a window looking out over a court yard. But unlike the other courtyards they had seen this one was almost filled with ponies some in golden armor.


“Recruits” Quann stated.


“Their training method is too soft by the looks of it.” Cooper said.


“Well, we can’t compare them to the watch” Quann stated.


“These must be that Royal guard Princess Celestia was talking about.” Cooper said to Quann who nodded, still looking out the window studying what could be his guard until his eyes fell on a signal stallion in different armor and a crest on his chest who appeared to be giving orders to the others.


“Look there.” Quann said to cooper as he pointed with his hoof.


“What is it?” Cooper asked until he saw who Quann was pointing at.


“Interesting. That must be the guard captain.” Cooper said.


“I bet we could train those dropouts to be my guards and they would be better than those golden guards.” Quann said.


“Yeah, the two of us could whip them into ranger shape. By the way have you come up with a name for your guards to distinguish them from the others.” Cooper asked.


“Yeah, Blackwatch, and here they would actually be helping the populous.” Quann said turning to walk away.


“Hay, wait up!” Cooper said as he ran to catch up with him.


Later the two found themselves back in the same room they started in. Now on there right shoulder armor they had symbols of their call signs meaning a Valise raptor for Quann and the grim reaper for cooper.


“it is a good thing we found that room with all that paint in it.” Quann said.


“Yeah, I know, right?” Cooper said.


“So what now?” Cooper continued.


“I guess we could spar” Quann stated.


“Yeah, that sounds like a goo-”

‘BANG!’

“QUANN you ass hole fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-”


“Well, this should be fun.” Quann said as his wings were covered in Black and Red glowing tendrils and were replaced with the Claws; three two foot long blades for the fingers and one for the thumb. The Red patches of the roots where his wings used to be and throughout the claws glowed red as he turned toward the door that he punched Cooper through.


“This will give me a chance to try that thing I got from nightmare. Good thing I absorbed her wings.” Quann said to himself.



After finally getting Shining Armor, Cadance, and Luna together, as well as some candidates for Quann to pick for his guards, Celestia was finally going to introduce them all, even though Luna had unofficially met them during their battle.


“So who are you taking us to meet, auntie?” Cadance asked.


“The newly named prince of Equestria Raptor. And his Guard captain Reaper.” Celestia said


“How did you find this guy anyway, Princess?” Shining armor asked.


“He was actually helping your sister and her new friends deal with Nightmare Moon.”


“Does anypony else hear that?” Shining Armor said as Cadance subconsciously moved behind him.


“-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!”


They heard and saw a stallion in a gas mask, goggles and strange armor with blue lights on it slam into the wall, creating a dust cloud.


“Oh my gosh, I hope he is ok!” Cadance said as they all went to see who it was even though Celestia and Luna already had a good guess.


The first thing any pony saw in the cloud of dust was the orange glow pulsing off from what they could tell were wingtips, and the blue lights on the armor. The figure jumped out of the cloud, and when the guards present saw the blade on this new pony’s left for hoof they got in front of the princess, but were surprised when she told them to stand down.


“But princess, he could be a threat!” Shining Armor said, he and the guards turning to Celestia.


‘gasp’


“What is it, Cadance?” Shining said


Turning around he saw Cooper’s wings covered in black and orange tendrils, and his two blades appeared as he ran past them. They followed behind the angry trooper.


“Princess, who is this guy we’re following?” Shining asked as they followed Cooper as he tore through the castle in the direction of the throne room.


“That is the new prince’s guard captain, Reaper.” Celestia said calmly, though on the inside she was worried. She wanted to know what had sent Cooper flying into the wall. Her thoughts were cut off when they saw Cooper start speeding up, leaving a transparent orange trail in his wake as they neared the door to the throne room.


Cooper jumped through the hole to the throne room. And the group that was following him came through the door in time to see Cooper about to make a downward slash at Quann, who now had claws instead of wings, and was just standing there, waiting.


‘Well, here goes nothing’ Quann thought, his horn starting to glow as Cooper’s right blade came down


“Take this!” Cooper yelled bringing his blade down, only for his attack to pass through his friend as his entire body turned to Red smoke and reformed behind Cooper. Before his friend could react, Quann back hoofed him, making him slide 10 feet away.


The princesses and the guards arrived to see a Stallion wearing the same strange armor as the Pegasus, but with the goggles pulled up and the mask and hood pulled down, letting them see his mane, which was essentially a copy of Twilight’s, if a bit shorter, and in black, with a blood red stripe. But what let them know this was the new prince was the two claws on his back and the horn of his head.


Everyone there stared in shock at Quann. He had turned to red smoke, stunning the guards, Shining armor, and Cadance because the new Prince had been able to dodge an attack that would most certainly have killed anyone else, by using a spell they had never seen before, and Cooper, Celestia, and Luna because he had used the spell that Nightmare Moon had used to turn to smoke.


“Come on, Cooper.” Quann said with a smirk, though truth be told he was drained. That spell was a bit much, as the strain it put on his body was immense. Making a mental note to only use the move as a last resort until he was better with magic, he and Cooper charged one another and exchanged blows.


“Auntie, you have to stop them.” Cadance pleaded. Seeing the two evolved fighting made her concerned for her new cousin.


“I agree with Cadance, they have to be stopped before they hurt somepony.” Shining Armor added, he and his guards stoically standing between the princesses and the two battling friends.

‘Shink’


Everyone that was paying attention to the conversation was drawn back to the fight by the sound of a blade going through flesh and saw that prince Raptor had a gash across the left side of his stomach.


“What’s the matter Raptor, am I too fast for you? I told you all of that useless muscle is slowing you down.” Cooper said.


He made a smirk as he ran toward, Quann only for him to grab his blades with his claws and deliver a biomass enhanced kick to his friend’s chest, sending him flying into a pillar and causing it to collapse on him.


“OH SHIT! Cooper!” Quann shouted as he and the others that he just resisted were there ran to see if his friend was alright. But halfway there, a large piece of the pillar started to rock.


“Celestia! Raise a shield NOW!” Quann ordered, disregarding the current chain of command. She did so, surrounding her sister and the others in a shield, but left Quann outside of it.


Turning around Quann looked to see Cooper’s blades gone, turned back to wings, and with a chunk of the pillar about the size of a Pickup truck held above his head, earning shocked looks from the crowd and raising many questions, though for different reasons.


‘How the fuck is he holding that?’ in Quann’s case.


‘Just how strong are these two?’ for everypony else.


“Tia, stop this fight, please.” Luna pleaded.


Then, everyone saw Cooper throw the pillar at Quann whose Claws turned back into wings, much to the shock of the guards. Cadance and the others, and making every pony, even Cooper, wonder what he was doing. The latter threw the pillar regardless. Standing on his hind legs, Quann channeled biomass into both of his forehooves, causing black and red tendrils to cover them. He thrust both of his legs to either side of him as the pillar impacted, kicking up a small dust cloud.


“Raptor!” Celestia yelled, dropping the shield that covered her and the others, but when the smoke cleared what they saw shocked everyone there.


What they saw was Quann, crouched over with two massive spike covered shields on either side of him where his forehooves used to be, coming from the elbow of both. The shields were covered in the same black and red tendrils, and they turned back into his fore hooves as he fell back onto all fours. He and Cooper then circled each other, not bothering to form any weapons, and charged each other again. Only to be stopped and held in place by a golden aura.


“That is enough!” They heard, and turned to see Celestia glaring at them.


“Yeah, I guess we did go kind of overboard.” Quann said rubbing the back of his head with a sheepish smile.


“Yeah, I guess our little sparring match was a little much.” Cooper agreed.


“A LITTLE?!”


“Hay, fuck you.” Quann and Cooper said in unison.


They both turned to see a white stallion with a blue mane and blue eyes next to Celestia with some royal guard and another alicorn. But this one was pink with greyish purple eyes, and her mane was magenta, yellow and purple. And she just all-around screamed femininity, even more so than Celestia.


“Celestia, can you please put us down?” Quann asked, and he and cooper were gently lowered to the ground.


“Thank you.” Quann said and turned to his friend.


“Hay man, are you ok?” He asked.


“Yeah, nothing too bad. But what about you? I mean, I clipped you pretty good.” Cooper responded, shocking everypony except Quann at his complete mood change. One minute he was trying to kill his friend and the next he is worried for his health.


But that brought their attention to the wound on Quann’s side, and upon closer inspection they saw that it had been close to being a fatal slash. Luckily, it was not bleeding and did not seem to bother him, but they all backed up when they saw the slash being covered in tendrils. When they were gone, so was his wound, and his clothes were also repaired like nothing ever happened.


“Now I believe some introductions are in order. Everypony, allow me to introduce Prince Raptor and his Friend and Guard Captain, Reaper.” She said warmly.


“Sup.” Quann said, bobbing his head upwards a little.


“Raptor, let me introduce you to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, my niece.” She said, gesturing to Cadance


“Yeah, sorry. Can’t pronounce that.”


“Please, call me Cadance.” She said with a smile, extending a hoof


“Nice to meet you Cadance. I have a feeling we are going to be quick friends.” Quann said, returning the smile with one of his own, taking her hoof and shaking it, being careful to not cut her with his arm bayonet.


“I think so too. And I must say, it is good to finally have a cousin that isn’t rude.” She replied.


“Oh…” She started pulling Shining armor over.


“And this, is my fiancée.” she said, leaning on him, which made Quann and Cooper smirk.


“Well, I must say you are a lucky stallion. Congratulations.” Quann said


“Shining Armor, Captain of the royal guard. It’s an honor, sir.” He responded, extending a hoof.


“Raptor, United States Blackwatch special operations and Bio-weapon response, and former demolitions expert and lieutenant of US army Rangers 51st platoon. It is a pleasure. I look forward to working with you.” Quann said in a professional manner as he returned the hoof shake and motioned Cooper to introduce himself.


“Sargent Reaper. United States Blackwatch special operations and Bio-weapon response, and former rifleman of US army Rangers 51st platoon. Nice to meet you.” Cooper said, shaking Shining Armor’s hoof.


“Princess Luna. I hope you are recovering well from our battle.” Quann said with worry in his voice as he looked upon the Lunar Diarch.


“Yes Raptor, we have recovered from our battle, thank you for your concern.” She replied.


“Well that is good. Now Celestia, if I may ask what is the reason for them?” Quann asked gesturing to the other royal guard there.


“No offense.” Quann stated.


“None taken.” Shining armor said.


“They are candidates from the royal guard hoof picked by shining armor himself. To be your personal guard and to start your regiment.”


“If that is true then why doesn’t Cadance have a guard regiment?” Quann asked.


“Because she lives in Canterlot, and as such has constant security. But because you will be living in Ponyville, you won’t have the security of the Royal Guard. So three of them are our best. While the other three were drop outs.” She replied.


Quann stepped forward to the 6 guards who were all standing all lined up, gave them a hard stare, and stalked up to one of the ones who dropped out from the guard training.


“Tell me something. why did you drop out of the Guard?” He asked


“Sir, I dropped out because I believed that if one must take a life to save an innocent, they should.” Drop Out said. earning a look of disgust from Shining armor. ‘Now it makes sense, the guard are trained not to kill.’ Quann thought to himself.


“But tell me something; if given the opportunity would you not take that life?” Quann asked.


“Yes sir. Life is something that should be taken only in the most grave of circumstances or to protect the populace.” He said earning a nod from Quann and Cooper.


“Well what about the two of you?” Quann asked the other two drop outs who nodded.


“Sir they were my friends and we left for the same reason.” He said


”I see” Quann said, backing up to to see every pony present.


“Tell me; in a war who do you fight for?” Quann asked.


“SIR you fight for your country, SIR!” The other three guards answered, but the three drop outs didn’t answer. And the others looked at him wondering what he was going to say.


“Wrong! And that is all the answer I need.” Quann said turning back around to face them with a stern yet kind face.


“When you fight, when it is just you and your squad in the combat zone, when the mortars are flying and ponies are dying.” He began.


“You don’t fight for the ponies back home. While they might be important they are not there.” Cooper continued.


“You fight for the pony right next to you. The one in that foxhole, bombed out building, or behind some rubble. The Friend who will always have your back, and the one who, if you die in that combat zone, will raise a cup in your name. That is why you fight, and who you fight for.” they finished together.


His horn glowed a brilliant blood red crimson and he reached into one of his pouches and pulled out three pins and patches; all of them had the his cutie mark on them, but without the double helix, which confused everyone but cooper, held them to the three dropouts, and told them to step forward.


“The three of you have done your families proud.” Quann said as the three of them took their pins and patches.


“Now, repeat after me. And keep in mind this will have to be revised.” Quann said, but that last part was said to everyone, not just the three guards.


“When we hunt, we kill!” Quann started


“When we hunt, we kill!”


“No one is safe!”


“No one is safe!”


“Nothing is sacred!”


“Nothing is sacred!”


“We are Blackwatch!”


“We are Blackwatch!”


“We are the last line of defense!”


“We are the last line of defence!”


“We don’t leave our own to hold the red line, but,”


“We don’t leave our own to hold the red line, but,”


“It is the last line to ever hold!" Quann finished, holding up a hoof signaling to them he was done.


“It Is the last line to ever hold!”


“Recruits!” Quann yelled, making the three of them stand at attention.


“Welcome to Blackwatch.”