• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 3,595 Views, 172 Comments

Mealtime For Ponies - Aetherlord_Ignus



A second-person story in which you feed fillies and colts

  • ...
3
 172
 3,595

Dinky (co-op with Derpy)

“Here you go,” says Derpy as she hands you her smiling daughter, “Remember to have Dinky eat all of her veggies, and don’t forget the muffins.”

“Yes, don’t worry Miss Derpy, I know what to do,” you stare down at the unicorn in your hands.

“How’s it goin’ Dinky,” you say as you rub your hand through her mane, “Are you ready for lunch?”

“I really appreciate your help with feeding Dinky as well as bathing her; somedays it can get very difficult.”

“It’s quite all right,” you place Dinky into her high chair and tie a bib with a muffin imprint around her neck, “It’s all in a day’s work.”

You decide that it’s time to get down to business. You place a bowl of oatmeal on to Dinky’s tray-table. Derpy shudders, her eyes momentarily going straight as she squints in disgust.

“What’s wrong?” You ask.

“Oh, nothing,” she replies, “It’s just that the last time I fed her oatmeal, she spat it everywhere. And it made such a large mess. Sometimes it’s just so hard to take care of my little muffin.”

“Yes.”

You stick the spoon into the oatmeal and bring it towards Dinky’s mouth. You try to remain on your guard incase Dinky decides to go ballistic with it. She doesn’t. She calmly takes it off the spoon and then smiles.

“See Dinky,” Derpy walks up towards the high-chair, “Oatmeal is good, especially in muffins.”

Dinky spits out the oatmeal. You cringe as the small beige glob hits your face. You quickly grab a napkin from the dining room table and wipe it off.

Derpy faces Dinky, “Now now, sweetie,” her voice is stern, but calm, “Is that the way we treat guests? Or any pony for that matter?”

Dinky looks downward towards the table and shakes her head slowly.

“It’s okay,” you say to both the filly and her mother, “That happens to me all the time. Actually, come to think of it, it’s been happening quite a lot recently.”

“And from an author who claims to be creative,” says a frustrated Derpy as one of her eyes looks upward.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” You ask.

“Oh...ummm...I don’t actually know,” she says.

You decide to move on and continue to feed Dinky. You tell her to not spit out the oatmeal again. She finishes it off after about 5 minutes.

When she’s finished, you put a plate of alfalfa on Dinky’s tray.

“Don’t forget the muffins,” Derpy reminds you.

“She’ll get them in good time,” you say, “You know, I remember when I used to feed you. You always wanted muffins. And one time, you put your face into the oatmeal.”

Derpy rolls her eyes; which is something that seems really hard to do because they appear to rotate in different directions.

You dip you scoop a spoonful of the leaves and give it to Dinky. She likes it, so that is a good thing. She also doesn’t plant her face into it either, which is also good.

She finishes the alfalfa in about four minutes.

“Will she be getting the muffins now?” Asks Derpy.

“Yes,” you say, Derpy had seemed to be getting impatient.

“Okay, let me go get them,” Derpy trots into the kitchen.

You hear tons of loud crashes. As well as what sounds like jackhammers, a saw against wood, other tools, and some assorted cat noises. You’ve always wondered how some ponies do that.
You walk into the kitchen to see the largest mess you have ever encountered. Pots and pans have fallen from cupboards, as well and boxes of cereal and assorted fruits and vegetables. In the middle of it all, stands Derpy. She is looking side-to-side worriedly and holding a plate with two muffins in her mouth.

“Are you okay?” You ask as you stare wide-eyed at the mess.

“I’m fine,” Derpy replies, opening the side of her mouth to talk, “I guess I... I just don’t know what went wrong.”

“I could help you clean the kitchen up later if you’d like.”

Derpy has a huge grin.

“Really?” She says, “Thank you so much, I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

You bring the muffins back into the dining room. Dinky looks a little worried after hearing the loud noises, but her face immediately lights up upon seeing the delicious pastries.

“Like mother, like daughter,” you think.

You place the muffins on Dinky’s tray. She is able to eat them on her own, even if it is very haphazardly. She leans her head into the first one and starts to chew. She eats a hole directly through the first one, pushes herself up with her hooves, and then eats the two remaining pieces in two bites each. She does the same for the second muffin, except a whole lot slower since she appears to be savoring it.

Once she finishes the muffin, you procede to the final steps. You give Dinky a sippy-cup full of apple juice, which she quickly slurps down. When she’s done with that, you take a wet napkin and wipe the oatmeal and muffin crumbs off of her face. You then remove Dinky’s bib, pull her out of the high-chair and hand her to Derpy.

“There now,” says Derpy as she lifts her daughter up to her eye-level, “That wasn’t so bad, was it? There’s nothing wrong with alfalfa, or oatmeal”

Dinky sticks out her tongue and hangs it limp. “Bleh,” she says in baby-talk.

“Okay, maybe there is something wrong with it? But you still got muffins, right.”

Dinky nods happily and hugs her mother.

The cute little family moment lasts about a minute, then Derpy puts her daughter down and Dinky runs off to play.

“Thank you so much for helping me feed my little muffin,” the gray mare says to you.

“It’s nothing, really, babysitting foals is practically my job now,” you reply.

“But you’ve done so much for me all ready, helped give her a bath, helped put her to bed...”

“...promised to help you clean the kitchen,” you remember.

“Yes, and that,” she says amazed.

“No, it’s fine, I’ve taken care of you since before you could talk. Hey, remember when you were a baby and you put your face in the oatmeal?”

“Not this again!”